Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Lily~~Sorry to hear about your dh's Aunt. I know what mean though about being at peace with it.

It's snowing here like crazy. And good news from the scale this morning. Down 1.8 lbs. I just love Atkins. The weight is coming off so much faster than it did with calorie counting.

Gaylyn
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #32  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Gaylyn, WTG on the 1.8 lbs. That is great. I really think weight comes off faster with Atkins , too. Plus, thanks for the sentiments on the passing of DH's Aunt.

Hi Brenda, good to see you, too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #33  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Woke up around 8:30 this morning and everything was pushed back from food shopping to housework Ughhhhh!! Leo was surprised I just logged in,as I'm always on the computer for thing in the morn.

Going to W-I on Friday again, can't believe the scale keeps on stalling me, now for the fourth week. I think [[[Tracy]]] I'm going to change my W-I to Fridays,even though I told you Fridays never kept me accountable over the weekends. Wednesdays aren't helping either.

Lily-Thats Hubby's Idea to get the taxes done early. I would wait until the last minute.Sorry to hear about your DH Aunt.Yes I remember you telling us about her. Prayers are going out to you and for her,that she rest in peace.

Getncontrol-Heres some good vibes & luck on your cooking venture this weekend. DH and I are not going to get trapped in the chocolate holiday this year like we did in years gone by,as we both chocoholics.

Justwill-Happy to hear your flight was fine,I hate:hate: the small body plains that they using the are very uncomfortable.Big Congrats on losing a pound a week you're doing great keep up the good work.

Tracy-Don't worry about.5 thats water gain for sure. I'm going to W-I on Friday as I did indulged over Super Bowl Sunday.You'll lose it next week.

Lady_Adnerb-I tend to go high on my carbs also,but I learned now to limited the other two meals if I have a med- high carb meals.I'm going to keep my carbs from as low as 18 to as high as 28, using a 10 gram span. If I go up higher around 30 grams I tend to gain,can't do that anymore.Sending you some[[[[Good Vibes]]]] That it works out for you also.

Gaylyn-Big congrats for losing your 1.8 lbs. I love Atkins also even if its hard to find low carb foods in my supermarket these days. Manager told me that the low carb products aren't selling so the store discontinued them. KEEP WARM !!

Have a good one

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-07-2007 at 02:55 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #34  
lilybelle

Hi BB, thanks about my DH's Aunt.

Sorry that darn scale isn't moving for you. It will, just hang in there.

LOL, I usually take our taxes to be done about the 12th of April. I'll try to hit about the first of April this yr. I did pay my bills yesterday. I need to go shopping to find DH a suit jacket for the funeral on Friday. His nice one is too small in the shoulders right now.

I told DH not to get me chocolates. I can't resist them. Hopefully he'll get me something sexy from Victoria's Secret. That would benefit him too, LOL.

Update, none of my puppies have been picked up yet. Some should be gone by this weekend. I weighed them yesterday and they are already 12 lbs. now at 7 weeks old, with huge clumsy feet.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #35  
Baby Steps

Gaylyn: Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Lily: Sorry to hear about your Aunt! Hope you get the Victoria's Secret gift instead of candy

BB: Have you taken measurements? Don't always go by what the scale says. If you're feeling healthy and your clothes are looser, then go by those

I did well today. Got this stupid headache again though. Not sure where or why it's appearing. Maybe lack of water? Not sure that'd do it. Anyway, today was a successful LC day (even minus the water).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Good morning!
Had a great day yesterday....even didn't eat the pizza last night, so that .5 is gone plus an extra pound, so I'm back on track and staying there. I went to see my favorite band last night in concert (The Barenaked Ladies) and I think the chair dancing added to my work out yesterday for sure!

Gaylyn- way to go with the 1.8! I'd like to say Im sorry to hear about the weather, but I have to admit it's nice to have someone else here living my winter nightmare!

Lily- Are you counting down the days for the puppies to be picked up? Are they all spoken for? I'm sure it'll be nice to have less puppies to watch over. I have not joined the february excercise thread, cause I wasn't sure what I could commit to. I'll get on there next month for sure!

BB- so sorry about the frustration you're experiencing. I know that feeling, and makes you want to throw the scale aout the window! I hope Fridays work better for you.

Brenda- way to go getting back on track. I didn't have enough water yesterday either.....didn't want to have to pee too much during the concert. Will have to make up for it today.

later all
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #37  
lilybelle

Good morning ladies,

Yes, I'll be glad for some of the puppies to be picked up. I know 2 will be leaving tomorrow. I have had a couple people that wanted one to back out. I am now putting those 2 and the beagle in the local paper to find a good home for them. I've also had people try to get me to go down on the price. I really hate to do that as I've spent a fortune on puppy food. (lowering the price will be a last resort). The one I will have trouble finding a home for is the runt. My son wants to keep him, but my heart is set on keeping Lucy. I do have one friend that badly wants a pup and can't afford it, I told DH we could offer to just give him the runt for free. At least all the pups are now staying outside and not near as much cleaning up is required. They are so cute. My little 2 1/2 yr. old grandson spent the night last night and he loves to go outside and play with the puppies.

Well, my eating has been really good and I'm staying on track. I have exercised now for 7 nights straight. Which is really good for me to do. Tomorrow will be hard both food and exercise-wise and emotionally. We'll be gone all day for the funeral and visiting with family. I know the food won't be "weight-friendly". These church women will have tons of desserts baked up. I'm going to try to make the best possible choices and avoid the dessert table.

Brenda, WTG on getting back on track.

Tracy, join us on the exercise thread. No set amt. of exercise is expected or required. We just all do whatever we can and post it. It helps keep me on track better.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #38  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

All right, Im back after a 3 day binge I really need to smarten up!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Robin~~Glad you're back on track. It's always hard to get back on the wagon.

Lily~~Good for you for being so focused. We have a funeral to go to this weekend also. A friend of my dh's passed away suddenly.

Tracy~~The Barenaked Ladies are playing here too. I think it's Friday or Saturday night. Still snowing here.

Lady~~Yay for the OP day! I never seem to get in my water but I do drink lots of tea.

BB~~Hopefully the scale cooperates with you tomorrow.

I was down another .8 this morning. I'm one of those people who weighs everyday. I need to...to stay accountable.

Gaylyn
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #40  
lilybelle

Gaylyn, sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to, too.

I have been weighing every day too. With switching up how I eat, I want to make sure I don't gain. I have been exercising like crazy. No wt. loss, no wt. gain, so that is good for me.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Gaylyn- they are amazing. totally worth the time and money to go see. I love the fact that they can play a place like Rexall and fill it, but still make the time to go to smaller cities like Lethbridge and Prince George and the like. They were making fun of the Rexall Zamboni that has an ad reading "Eat pork". If you can go...do it!
It's so damn cold here....I am sooooooo ready for spring. I don't care if it's messy and ugly....I want WARMTH!!!!

Lily- can you get your friend to pay in some installments to even cover some of the food cost for the runt? I hate that people try to barter...your prices are your prices and you work hard with those pups!! With both of our dogs I didn't even consider asking for a deal. With the second she gave us a break on the price cause whe was our second puppy from the same parents and she knew we give the first one a good home.
Good for you for being so diligent with the food and excercise. You remain my inspiration! What carb level are you eating at?

Robin, so nice to see you back. You must have read my mind because I was going to message you and ask where the heck you've been. Don't worry about the binge....Have you ever heard of Cranial Sacral therapy? I've had 2 sessions and holy crap! It's the kind of thing that if your ready to make a change in your life helps you get rid of baggage...the emotional stuff we hold on to physically. I just decided that this time on the weight loss journey I wasn't going to let old emotional garbage sabotage me and someone recomended this form of body work.

Well it's a busy day for me today...lots of people to make more beautiful. So have a great day!!!
ciao
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #42  
lilybelle

Tracy, I don't mind giving the runt away. He is much smaller than the others and a little funky looking. LOL, so ugly he's cute. He has a wide butt and tummy and a tiny little head and face. My labs usually end up being about 110 lbs. this one will probably be 30 lbs. full grown. Just having a good home for him to go to will be worth the price of whatever food I gave him, he doesn't eat much. The only reason he ever survived is because I had Molly to feed him separately and now I feed him his food separately. The others are now 12 lbs. He is 2 lbs.

I also hate it when people try to barter down the prices. I've had yard sales before and had people try to get me to come down on price from a dime to a nickle. LOL.

I have worked darn hard with these pups and $300.00 isn't much for full-blood, registered , healthy chocolate lab puppies. I paid that much for the mom. Plus, I'm now spending at least $ 85.00 weekly to feed them. I had their shots done and had them wormed. Not cheap by any means. I really do it more for my love of the dogs , not the money. Because, money-wise it doesn't come out to much after the vet costs and such. I do claim it as a business expense on my taxes and keep all receipts.

Tracy, I'm counting calories now (for the past 2 weeks) after severe stomach problems. But, I lost all my weight doing Atkins. I'm just trying to maintain my weight. I eat 1600-1700 calories a day and do 45-60 min's of exercise. I now eat a lot of fruit,veggies and whole grains with very little meat except some turkey and chicken and fish. This is working for my maintenance, but Atkins worked great for weight loss.

Have to add, my 2 yr. old grandson woke up early and got into the peanut butter. I found it with the lid off and baby fingerprints all in the jar. LOL, so no PB for me til I go buy some more. It just doesn't appeal to me much with those fingerprints. LOL.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-08-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #43  
beachbum

Hi ladies

Just here to check in, Sorry I'm late again,this is the second time I didn't get on to the computer to post.

The temps here are trying to rise,hopefully they can as I'm getting sick of wearing hats & scarfs.

Hope everyone is ok,and I promise I be on the board early tomorrow.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

Thanks Tracy Im going to google that therapy you mentioned. I had never heard of it before. Sounds like just what I need. All that emotional crap gets bogged down in my little brain....then it seems to explode
Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #45  
Lovin' Life

Where is everyone this morning?

Dh and I are doggie sitting today, his son and dil have moved back to town. This son has been living out of the country for the last 3 yrs....so its going to be nice for him to have both his sons living so close. They have actually moved within walking distance from our place. They have a treadmill they are looking to get rid of.....if I can talk dh into it, and that we have the space (we dont) then I should have it next week! Im pretty excited about this!! For something like this, I think we can find the space!

Eating isnt going so good, but I'll worry about that tomorrow. We are having the gang over for supper, all the kids and grandkids. Like I said, I'll worry about it tomorrow.

1st dil is in the hospital again. She has serious problems with clots, and was admitted 2 days ago with chest pains. They arent sure when they will be letting her go. We havent been to visit yet (didnt find out until last night) but usually when this happens its because she has either formed another clot, or one has moved. She has one in her leg about the size of an apple. She has been pretty much told to live with it, because they cant take it out. She has some sort of filter in her stomach to keep that clot from moving into her lungs.

Thats about it for my little corner of the world...have a good one ladies.