Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #16  
Baby Steps

I'm running behind. ARGH! Yesterday the girls didn't have school because it's freezing out. Now the same school system decided to have school today--even though it's not any warmer. So I called and said nope, they're not going. So they're home with me. I didn't do well this weekend (food wise). So it's a restart today. Got my weights back on my barbell so I can lift a little while getting laundry done. lol. Baby steps again.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #17  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Good luck Brenda! I'm sure that you'll do wonderfully! Don't worry if you're having to take little steps to get back into the swing of things... you'll still get there!

Lily, congratulations on making it 7 months in maintenance! You're a real inspiration to me. I'm proud of you for getting up off of the couch and having a full workout even though you didn't want to do it. I need to bottle up some of that "will power" to use it myself! I always feel much better after exercising for several days in a row, but it's so difficult to find the "Can-Do" to convince myself to "Get 'Er Done!"

Tracy, there are lots of recipes out there for LC's. I'm sure that you might be able to find one that will help you to substitute your favorite drinks and meals. I bought a few from Amazon by Dana Carpender. Some of the recipes aren't anything I'd be interested in, but many of them are right up my alley. I'm experimenting.

You didn't say which type of "fancy coffee" you had a weakness for. I have recipes for Creamy Vanilla Coffee, Irish Coffee, Mocha Custard, and Mockahlua. If you're interested in any of those I'd be happy to share them with you.

I'm so sorry about all of the freezing weather! BRRR!!! That's just too cold for me! I hope that you can all stay warm and OP today!

BTW, today made 1 month since I had a sweet-binge! The most that I'd ever gone before is 6 days. The Atkins program really does help to control your cravings, doesn't it?

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #18  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well, I had just a crappy day yesterday eating wise, and today isnt looking much better

Barb, I'd love to have those recipes (all of them)

Well, Im off to clean the house....its starting to look like a bunch of frat boys live here

I'll be glad when today is over! Have a good one.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #19  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Well today was TAX DAY, at HR Block.Than to walmart to do some shopping for paper products[cheap].

Have a busy afternoon so I going to make this fast. Lost 2 lbs from my Super Bowl Dessert. Now that I'm back OP,I going to continue forward. We decided not to go crazy over chocolates for Valentines Day. Bought two small hearts[4 candies each]. of some Sugar Free chocolates,mine are made of Dark Chocolate and his are made of milk ones instead.

Have great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for such a warm welcome everyone!

I'm still going strong, for now. My dh comes home on Thursday and we're getting company on Sunday for a week. It's hard enough to stay on track while just cooking for the kids but I'm going to be faced with cooking huge meals for over a week. Give me strength.

Lily~~Congrats on 7 months of maintenance!!!

Beachbum~~Good decision on the chocolate.

Robin~~Hopefully today doesn't turn out as bad as you think.

Barb~~Congrats on going one month without sweets. I've been known to binge on them too. So far for me it's been 10 days.

Tracy~~Hello from a fellow Albertan! We're not that cold here yet but it's coming.
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Hi Gaylynn...where in the heck are you that it hasn't hit yet....lol. For us it has just pretty much sucked all winter with a few warm spots here and there. I get more and more tired of it by the day and today am actually feeling pretty down in the dumps.

BB- good call on the chocolates! thankfully we've never done much in the way of chocolate for v-day, so it's not so bad for us.

Lily- seven months maintainance is fantastic!!!!!!

Barb- a month binge free is something I aspire to! way to go!! I think I mentioned before that mochas are my weakness, aka cafe mocha, moccacino, chocolate cafe latte.....all of the coffees you listed sound lovely. I would love those recipes! I found a box mix for pizza crust (just add water and oil) and it makes a 12" crust. 30 carbs for the whole mix, so I'm slowly finding replacements.

Robin- sounds like your feeling like me today. I have been fine with the food, but I'm foul and just want to go home to bed! At least I'm soooo cranky that the thought of food just pi****s me off. Tomorrow will be better!

ciao ladies
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #22  

Tracy~~I'm in Lethbridge. Yesterday it was plus 13 here. Still no snow yet today but it's in the forcast for the next couple of days.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #23  

gaylynn----that's sooooooo not fair!!!!!! I think I'll have to open a location of my salon down there....this is the worst winter I can remember in a long time. I'm so jealous of your weather!!! oh well....guess there ain't much I can do about it other than move. lol
Tracy
Old 02-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #24  

Tracy~~I lived in Edmonton the winter of '96. It snowed Oct 15 and that snow was still there in May. The snow down our sidewalk from our house was waist deep. It was awful. Down here we get chinooks all the time so the snow comes and goes. That winter was the main reason dh and I moved back to Lethbridge. I'll take the wind anyday. lol
Old 02-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #25  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, you are on the ball. I haven't braved the tax lady's office yet.

Barb, a month without sweets is awesome. WTG. I used sugar free candy by russell stover and Braum's LC ice cream to get me through my sweets cravings. When I was really bad, I made semi-LC chocolate no-bake cookies. (the cookies weren't a good idea, I'd end up eating a ton of them, so might as well have bought me a candy bar).

Tracy ,, sorry to hear the weather is getting you down. We have warm weather (60's) right now with an ice storm forecasted for this weekend.

Some of you ladies will remember me telling about my DH's 82 yr. old Aunt that had a heart attack back in November. Sweetest little country woman I ever met in my life. Well, she passed away peacefully in her sleep at home last night. Just like she would have wanted. I am at peace knowing she had a great life. She had really suffered this past yr. with the death of her DH and falling and breaking her hip, and then the heart attack. If there was ever a person ready to "meet their maker" she is it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #26  

Thanks Lily....60's would be awesome right now. Sorry about DH's aunt. I'm glad to know you're at peace with her passing.

Gaylynn- that is the year I moved back to Edmonton from Vancouver...February 96. I came from 8 weeks straigt of rain and cloud to a NASTY cold smowy winter! This year has been pretty bad too and with the weather that's hit Vancouver I'm glad I'm not there!
good night ladies...my massage made me feel awesome and I'm ready for a lovely night's sleep.

ciao
Tracy
Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

Lily, I wish the best for your sister in her recovery.
Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm still here. Work and school have been KILLING me! I did take my first trip on an airplane to New Jersey and I made it OK. I was nervous for the firt half hour or so. On the way back to Richmond, I was more used to it and could enjoy the view. And the best part: I fit in the seat! It was kinda tight, but the seatbelt fit.(extended all the way out) Next trip on 2\23 to NY City! I havent been around here for a few weeks but have stayed on plan for the most part and am still losing about a pound a week. Everyone have a good week.
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #28  

Good morning everone!
I had a much easier time getting up this morning and kinda felt like getting up, unlike yesterday!
I did my weigh in this morning and I'm up .5 for the week/....which is way better than what the scale said Monday. What a huge waste of time going off plan is! Oh well, it was a good reminder as to why it's so important to just stick to and not succumb to dumn cravings!
I am enjoying my treadmill, and 40 minutes seems like no big deal to work out for.
anyway, I hope everyone has an excellent OP day! It's gonna snow here all week and today it's not gonna warm up.....it's actually going to get colder between now and this afternoon. Give me strength!

Tracy
Old 02-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #29  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good morning ladies,

Justwill, good to see you posting again. WTG on continuing to lose weight while you've been gone.

Tracy, WTG on the treadmill. Have you joined us on the Feb. exercise thread?I'm kicking some booty on there. LOL, I have now faithfully walked each night for 5 days straight. I am having a lot of pain over my liver area, and figure I've maybe overdone it with the exercise. I did another 2.5 miles again last night. I am planning on using my elliptical tonite if my pain is gone. Well, I'm gonna go find me some ibuprofen to take and see if that helps.

Have a great day ladies.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #30  
Baby Steps

Just doing a fast fly-by. Things got hectic this week. So thought I'd pop in and say I did well yesterday...but not majorly low carb. Just better choices. Today I'll cut down on those other things (Fruit and cappuccino ). I stepped on the scale and wasn't happy. It's GOT to be water weight! Bought some flax seed so I can make the 1 minute muffins for snack/lunch again!! Ok...onward to the day I go. I've got to remember WATER!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote