Old 01-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindystar
Hi again
Kimberly, Oh, wow, I used to eat Kashi, and I forgot all about it. I've been eating Total cereal for all the vitamins, but I could definetly put some on yogurt. EEEEW, especially this new yogurt I bought that has no sugar, eeelk, it tastes like they ground up chalk and added the powder to the yogurt or something. Totally gross, maybe the Kashi will make it more edible. Thanx !!!!
Is it the Dannon low carb/sugar kind? I just bought some today and it was, ahem, not what I was expecting.
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Curious, I went to read the package. It's made by Yoplait.
I actually like another kind better but it has more calories. Beatrice maybe? If I was maintaining rather than losing, I'd have it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #18  

Hello

Racegirl78, You got it !! Dannon blueberry low carb/ low sugar. Yuck. Other foods with splenda aren't nasty, so I didn't think that this stuff would really be any different, but I was wrong.

Hey, SusanB, I think you could write any kind of book you want, (about weight loss) and someone is bound to buy it. Not that I have any room to talk though. Every time I read a new Womans World magazine, I get swept in by their "New SECRETS" I am little miss green tea, hot pepper, apple cider vineger, dairy, no dairy, carb, no carb, coconut oil, queen of America.

Needless to say, I no longer let myself read that darn magazine. Theres only one real way to do this, the secret, is making yourself be consistant. I still want to buy them, but I can't because if they tell me I can lose weight by standing on my head for eight hours a day, when it's a full moon, well . . . I just might lose my job.

Thank you for all your advice, and hey, enjoy that yogurt when you get to maintaining, your almost there !!!!!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:05 AM   #19  
This time for good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Curious, I went to read the package. It's made by Yoplait.
I actually like another kind better but it has more calories. Beatrice maybe? If I was maintaining rather than losing, I'd have it.
Must have been the Whip...gross...I do like Yoplait Light, though. 100 cal/container.
HappyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #20  

Yeah, Happy Wife, The whipped is gross too, I was really disapointed by the chocolate whipped.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I added my benefiber because I wanted fitday to calculate all of my fiber. It's in my customized goals to achieve so much per day. I have mine set low: 15-40g/day. I realize 15 is low, but someitmes it is hard to do it. I don't usually take more than 3g supplement. Personally I find their 1g per tablet ridiculous.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #22  

Hi Deafinlysmart, I agree with you on the tablets, I take the powder benefiber, it at least has 3g per 1 tab serving. Its way better than metamucil, it doesn't jelly up anything, or change the flavor. Good stuff, I just worry about calories.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, the RDA of fiber for most people, at least what is on most food labels, starts at having at least 20 grams a day-with 20-35 grams being the recommended amount.

Most people on a maintenance type of eating (not gaining, not losing) could easily get the 35 grams a day if they eat healthy-but someone on a 1400 calorie a day diet, not 2000, would not really need the entire 35. I would aim for about 25 a day instead at your current calorie level.

This way, you don't have to deal with all the unecessary supplements.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #24  

Aphil, Hi !

Gosh, I guess that does make sense, and I can't believe I didn't think of that!! (well maybe I can) It seems like if my body is getting Less food/cals overall, that it would require less fiber as well. Thank you for thinking outside the box for me, while I am in here stumbling around!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 AM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

I was just reading that the U.S. government minimum recommendations is 15 grams of fiber per 1000 calories consumed. There are a LOT of high fiber foods out there. One serving of Kashi Good Friends cereal is 12 grams of fiber. We sometimes buy the whole wheat soft tortillas -- each ONE has 10 grams of fiber. We use the fat-free refried beans as a filler for the tortillas and one serving has 8 grams of fiber. In two meals, the total fiber is 30 grams. If you like beans, they are a very good source of fiber.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
I was just reading that the U.S. government minimum recommendations is 15 grams of fiber per 1000 calories consumed. There are a LOT of high fiber foods out there. One serving of Kashi Good Friends cereal is 12 grams of fiber. We sometimes buy the whole wheat soft tortillas -- each ONE has 10 grams of fiber. We use the fat-free refried beans as a filler for the tortillas and one serving has 8 grams of fiber. In two meals, the total fiber is 30 grams. If you like beans, they are a very good source of fiber.

Kimberly
Kimberly, Hi !! Oh thank you so much !! I love tortillas, and I had no idea that the whole wheat kind can have 10g fiber in them. I am SO going to the store today and getting some. High in fiber and they don't have a gazzillion calories. AHH!! Thank You !! I can't wait to make some wraps with them. And I have a can of FF refried beans in my pantry that I have been looking at for months. I knew that beans have fiber but was stumped thinking that the only bean I like are baked beans, (sugar-calorie no-no) and totaly forgot about the Fat free refried stuff.

Oh gosh, I swear, every day I come to this site I learn something new, or get a reminder of something great that I forgot all about ! Thank you so much, and everyone else too !! I hope that I will be able to give back here as much as I have recieved
Old 01-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #27  

Look for the "low carb" whole wheat soft tortillas.. I think they are considered low carb because of all the fiber. I think that means that the "net carbs" are lower or something like that. I didn't buy them for the carb count.. only because they were high in fiber and tasted pretty good. I think I found them at a Super Target in the ethnic food aisle.

Kimberly
Old 01-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #28  

Thank You Kimberlyin, Wow, I didn't know that there are super targets. But We have stores around here that I'm sure I can find them. And you are right about the low carb/fiber thing. I buy a lot of "low carb" products just because they usually are low in sugar and high in fiber.

By the way, good job, I see your tulip !!! Thats new isn't it? Good for You! Keep up the great work.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #29  

Yep! My five pound loss is NEW! I went to my second TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting and found out that the meeting was cancelled due to the blizzard yesterday. Anyhow, I asked the church secretary if I could hop on the scale to see how I did. FIVE pounds! I was very pleasantly surprised. Since I'm not really a fan of the big weight loss tickers, I thought having the little tulip would be kind of neat.

Kimberly
Old 01-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #30  

Hmm... I wonder why my signature doesn't always show up? Something to ponder....

Kimberly