Old 08-29-2019, 12:58 AM   #106  

Ditto! But I danced in Zumba class & attended Feldenkrais class.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #107  

Today begins a stretch of staying close to home, and that makes it much easier to eat according to plan. Zumba, then coffee with a new friend, new tires in anticipation of a road trip to eastern Sierras.

coffee, protein shake, shrimp, veggie burger, shakshuka, protein bar, shrimp. No water, yikes. I made my go-to dilute ginger tea, and will have that now.

Wow, I managed to log on here from my laptop--so much easier to post. Apparently 3FC and Duck Duck Go are incompatible, so I have to disable DDG to allow 3FC to track me.

I'm pleased I made it through the first day of no sugar, no flour, low carb. EDIT Nope, I found some bean-to-bar chocolate late night. Looking for the feel-good chemicals, I think.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-30-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #108  

A new day & time to dig out of the piles of things from my mother's house, after a dental appt.
B protein shake, coffee, ground turkey, bell pepper, ketchup
L taco salad with chicken, salsa instead of dressing, good; a little too much avocado, pepitas, and did not discard the tortilla chips. mixed nuts. No flour, no sugar, and there is no more hidden chocolate in the cupboard.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-30-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #109  

Sat
Today's challenge will be a game night gathering with people I haven't seen for a long time. No sugar, no flour for me. These are alcohol-free, but that is not an issue for me anyway. Still mulling this over....the host barbecues, usually, and his chicken is the best. A piece or two and nothing more would be a good plan.
Plan for the day
B coffee, shake
L salad with protein
D chicken or ?
Old 09-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #110  

I fell flat on my face re food yesterday. I ate sweets at a party and more. I'm aware that i have only a thin commitment to this process at the moment, while recognizing that the goal is highly valued. Instant vs long term gratification. As I dig out from the hastily parked things from my mother's house, I feel better and better. I am also digging out from my own accumulation of things. I love giving things to people who want/need them.

Today will be peaceful and busy around the house, no social stuff.
B vegetarian sausage, protein shake/coffee/peach.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #111  

Tuesday
Still working on the basics. I realized I need a plan every day. Winging it is not working. The trick is to plan food that I enjoy. The rest will follow.

B omelet with cheese, spinach, mushrooms, fresh salsa at the health foods grocery store. Early am I had coffee with protein shake. I was hungry for food at 845, just like during my work life. I guess it's my body's clock. It's delightful to eat when I really am hungry.
L 2 HB eggs
D Salad with chicken, evoo, coconut aminos
S tried some protein bars from WeightWatchers. Not on plan

Last edited by Sundove; 09-04-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #112  

Wed
Feeling more grounded today. i have been waking up feeling disoriented. For a moment, I'm not sure whether I am in my mother's house or mine. Also a sense of identity fuzziness, relating to my mother's passing, the too-fast sale of our family home, and leaving the work force. It caught up with me yesterday. I also became more tuned in to how my weight gain is affecting me. I attended a WW meeting, and will see if that helps me to stay focused on my main goal.
Plan for the day
x B coffee, last of the protein shakes for a while, eggs with a little cheese & salsa
x L green salad with vegs, chicken breast, fresh lemon juice, evoo
x D cole slaw, HB eggs, BBQ ranch dsg

Maybe a light snack later. I have a few lemons from my mother's yard to make lemon ice cubes and sweeten them with stevia.

Although I have a few hours yet, I'm feeling my commitment muscle kick in. What a relief. The food did it's job of softening the feelings of recent months, while I had to get through the final months at work and work with siblings to take care of my mother's estate. Tomorrow I'll strap on the Fitbit again and work on steps.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-04-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #113  

Thursday
A perfect day of food until I got into some homemade chili at night after Spanish class. The chili wouldn't have been a problem but I ate 2 mini corn tortillas worth it, along with grated cheese, amount not measured. I'd had a busy day---good busy, but still feeling overwhelmed with a lot of time-dependent tasks.

Friday
Today is ocean-themed....Lunch at a chowder house by the sea, after a bird walk with a friend who is not a birder. But she likes to watch pelicans. The menu is not diet-friendly but I can get by with a salad/shrimp. Not very exciting, but at least I won't need a nap after I eat. It's an hour drive in traffic, so may need a nap, after all. In the evening, a movie about Sea Shepherd at the marine lab right down the road.

I'm doing a lot better with eating, overall. Working on eliminating night snacking. Fitbit is coming to life and measured 4500 steps yesterday, and looks like I'm getting some longer sleep than during the last 9-10 months.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.