Old 03-28-2019, 09:19 PM   #1  

Default 90 Day Countdown

In just 90 days, I will step off the work merry-go-round. It's been a good ride. I'm looking forward to even more fun & adventure in the next chapter. Life is so much more enjoyable in a fit body. Therefore, my goal is to be in as good shape as possible going in to retirement. For this weekend, I'll read The Beck Diet Solution. I have a good idea of what to eat but am having trouble sticking to a plan.
For exercise: Perfect Workout program & walking, stretching at home. Fitbit for logging steps, etc, and general entertainment
Today
B coffee, protein shake
L salad with chicken, evoo, coco aminos
D turkey burger, HB eggs, tomato, steamed broccoli
S hot choc, coffee with protein shake

Last edited by Sundove; 03-28-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #2  

B omelet with tomato & sausage, coffee, protein shake
L salad with chicken,veggies, evoo & coco aminos dressing
D Spaghetti squash, ground turkey, sauce
S 2 protein bars
2L water
Steps 6046
Old 03-31-2019, 07:13 AM   #3  

Sat
A good start to the day with weight training, after a restless night. Eating was not as good--too much food though I managed to avoid sweets & carby things. Days with my mom are typically food write-offs. I need to figure out a way to manage this sabotaging combo of stress eating and not knowing in advance what where or when I'll be able to eat.
Yay for a sunny spring day heading into April!

Last edited by Sundove; 03-31-2019 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #4  

Sun
Good & not so good. Food is sugar free, still too much. Looking for the sweet spot between a structured plan to follow and yet not so rigid as to incite rebellion. Worked myself up anticipating a crazy hectic week with too many scheduling variables. this shall pass. Leaving an hour early for weight training is a new thing requiring some organization, so that has contributed to yesterday's eating. I can't say it is off plan because there still is not a firm plan. This week I hope to have my kitchen re-assembled from December's roof leak.
Today's plan, so far
Weight session
B protein shake, maybe an omelet
L salad with chicken, etc
D cauli rice and chicken breast
S clementine oranges, maybe hot choc
Water at least 1 liter
Start reading Beck book
Old 04-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #5  

Tuesday
The week is busier than I would like. I still haven't begun the Beck Diet book. Today contractor is putting the refrigerator back in he kitchen, so I will have a nice orderly living room, well, except for the clutter. Musician coming tomorrow to check out piano that I offered to donate, so must hide the clutter. House guest on Saturday so can't hide it in my car as that needs to be thoroughly cleaned. It will be a relief to remove the lock box and know that no more contractors will be coming in & out, or having meetings with them before I leave for work.
Weight session went ok. Good news is nothing hurts and that is the bad news as well. I'm looking for that good pain of waking up muscles. Gradual is good for now.
B protein shake, probably omelet. At least I'm leaving out the cheese.
L salad with chicken breast, evoo/coco amino dressing and last of the TJoes sesame dressing
D chicken breast and cauli rice
S clementine oranges

Last edited by Sundove; 04-02-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #6  

Yesterday went well until after work. 1protein bar picked up at a 7-11. Got home to more protein bars that I'd ordered in the mail. I ate one because the store-bought one wasn't very good. Then I ate another because it was really good. So basically a good-sized meal. Otherwise I did well. The remainder of the bars are out of sight.

Refrigerator is still in living room. Maybe once it is back in place, it will easier to forget about food for a while.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #7  

Wed
Oops, I overate protein bars. I did not have a plan for the day. I started out with utmost confidence for a day off. Must-dos quickly piled up and I stress-ate. No sugar or flour, yay me. I bought some nuts to jazz up my salads and overate those. Feeling elated that an acclaimed chorus will take my piano, and has the means to move from my upper floor condo. Still haggling with contractor over final detail in my kitchen, which is a big stressor for me. But, they replaced the refrigerator so living room looks normal again. Next up is roofer to check for new leak. Can't tell if it's just aging dry wall tape, or blistering from moisture. But it will be checked and resolved. Next up will be the more fun tasks of decluttering and getting badly needed new carpeting.

Back on earth, today I re-affirm my resolve with an eating plan:
B protein shake/coffee, cafeteria omelet--I'll miss that short-order grill
L Combat bar
D Cabbage slaw with chicken, almond, homemade dressing

Today is a workout day, slated for the evening. I hope to ramp it up some.

Last edited by Sundove; 04-04-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #8  

Haggled with contractor & roofers showed up last minute. Good news is they located the new leak before water got inside. Bad news is they were late so no omelet before work

Last edited by Sundove; 04-04-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:32 AM   #9  

Friday & Saturday ended up off program, in part because I did not make a plan. For tomorrow:
B shake, coffee
L protein bar
D salad with chicken
Cold ginger tea, black coffee
Old 04-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #10  

Still working on my goals; progress not perfection. Workout ramped up yesterday. it was difficult to complete the sets, and the trainer said I am "almost" where we want to be for the optimum workout. My legs & arms felt wobbly when I left but were ok by the time I arrived at work.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #11  

Joining a structured diet to jumpstart. Black & white is helpful when moderation isn't working. I'm psyched.

Great workout today. Food not so great.

Last edited by Sundove; 04-12-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:55 AM   #12  

Food arrived today and I am ready to jump in.

Got organized with plan, still intolerant of being hungry--I experienced anxiety that felt like the onset of hyopglycemia. But it's doubtful that it was anything other than intolerance of discomfort.

Last edited by Sundove; 04-12-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #13  

Here goes!
Goal packets, a salad with chicken breast and evoo dressing, veg. 2 liters of water.

Today's challenges: emotional eating habit after visiting my mother who in decline; spending evening with friends who love snacky finger foods with wine.
I have the pink Beck book on audio for the drive to & from my mother. It's not a work day so relatively easy to time my meals.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Awesome thread

Hi there! I just read your thread. Congratulations on upcoming retirement and commitment to health. I will be popping in from time to time if you don’t mind. I have vicariously enjoyed a few friends transition to retirement and it’s all joyful!!

Your food looks good and I respect your approach. We all tweak our eating plan as we go, to match our lifestyle and get optimal results. You will succeed.

Hope your day goes well. May 13 is the 5 yr anniversary of my late mother’s passing. I will miss her the rest of my life. xo
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 PM   #15  

Hi Follena,
Please do drop in whenever you feel like it. I’m so sorry about losing your Mom. Your words are a tribute to her. I hope time will ease your loss and good memories will ease the hurt in your heart, little by little.

Thanks very much for your encouragement—a timely shot in the arm for me!

Today was both good & not so good. The good news is I have made it through the day on program except for a bite of bbq meat. I quickly remembered that is off limits and that was that. The other issue is my mom wasn’t well. She is 92 and after many health crises, finally agreed to live in caregivers. I live 90 minutes away, and see her on weekends & for MD appts. We spent a nice morning in the sun, looking at birds and spring blooms. Then she got acute sbdominal pain & off to the ER. They will admit her for observation. My last as-yet uneaten meal is in my home, along with my toothbrush & clean vlothes. I ‘I’ll stay with my mom in the hospital while caregiver tends to her back that she strained while providing care to my mom. So today: about 800 calories, incl. a vending machine Caesar salad. 64 oz water. Steps 6069. Going forward calories will be over 1000.

Last edited by Sundove; 04-14-2019 at 02:36 AM.