Old 06-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #76  

Retirement has been attained! Flipping the switch to more leisurely pace will allow room for the work of getting & staying on track.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:44 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sundove: I’ve been thinking about you. I hope you are coping as well as can be expected after the loss of your mother. I am thrilled for retirement for you!!! Go bird watching!!! Enjoy!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #78  

Thank-you IPN I hope allís well with you. Iím not sure how I feel about retirement...Just kidding-I LOVE it!
Old 07-04-2019, 12:38 AM   #79  

I am doing better with eating. I’m having some struggles with sacrificing immediate gratification for long term goal. Eating whatever & whenever was a response to stress and to grief, but it is now a habit too. I’m going to spend a week at a spa to unwind & focus on fitness. It should be an opportunity to reboot my brain re food.
Today’s food was
B coffee, shake, eggs, riced cauliflower
L hot bar large serving pakoras, chicken leg
S protein chips
D salad, plant based sausage link x 2
S a few bites of chicken

Last edited by Sundove; 07-04-2019 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #80  

Thu
veg sausage, omelet with fresh salsa, coffee w shake-only 1cup now. I am dialing back the morning caffeine.
another sausage & riced cauli; coffee.
Packing for spa and delighting in the knowledge I do not return to work tomorrow. At some pt, I will take it for granted, but right now, my head hasn’t fully checked out of work mode. So it’s that much sweeter to remember I don’t need to go to bed early etc. It will be much much sweeter when my body is fit.

I ate more than I had planned but kept to low carb & low fat, so there’s that.

Last edited by Sundove; 07-05-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #81  

It's good to be back posting on the laptop. The phone is so darned small, it makes my mind feel too constricted to compose a sentence, lol. Today is the last day before vacation. I have not been eating well. I know why, it is emotional, and feeling swamped with tasks. Emotional eating for me is a need to feel full. Unfortunately, doing that at my age leaves me too sluggish to get things done, so I procrastinate. I am also feeling a lot of resentment to my siblings. Resentment is a draining emotion--I will work on letting go of it. it's definitely contributing to my unhealthy eating pattern.

Today I ate a large breakfast at the hot food bar. They make thin omelets with a little cheese and vegs. I added a small potato pancake and 1/4 slice of French toast. That was a decent breakfast. My emotions sent me back for 2 slices of pizza. They are fairly small, and one was gluten-free--my rationale for trying it. I threw away the crust. The other was meant to also have the crust discarded, but I ate it.

To salvage the day, I am drinking a lot of water and will have a salad for dinner, maybe a shake. That would keep the calories within reason for the day.

EDIT Well, I didn't stick to my plan. Still seeking food for comfort, in a big way, but glad I'm avoiding sugar, and mostly flour.

Last edited by Sundove; 07-05-2019 at 10:10 PM.