Old 09-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #16  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow. You've got quite a story to tell Jillie. It sounds like you are in a good place, though. I'm sure that was a journey.

Congrats on staying on track! Company can really spin a meal, but grilling sure helps cut back on the unnecessary oils we use when cooking inside.
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Good morning, everyone!

Jillie - I went through what I thought was a very dark time, but seems so insignificant compared to what you have been through. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that must have been for you. I'm glad you are in a better place and finding some happiness.

Way to go on the eating! I think that must be one of the hardest eating situations to be around friends and lots of food. You should be proud of yourself

I had a bit of confusion as to exactly how many cals I should have in a day, but I think I have that sorted. I'm finding it pretty easy to keep track with MFP and I think with using the apps I'm using and checking in here on a regular basis, I can do it this time.

How's everyone doing today?
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #18  
Doxie Jax's Mom

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/159

Height: 5'3" used to be 5'6" :-(

Good Morning Chicks!

Yes....it took me a while, but finally I learned how to live my life without them with me in the flesh but next to me in Spirit. My Tommy is widowed as well, and the most precious gift we give each other is allowing each other to remember our late spouses (and of course my son) out loud every day. When I call him Mike or he calls me Gwenie, we just laugh and say that they must be close by. Tommy also has grown children who love me and I do still have my daughter who is son Brian's twin sister.

One of the best parts of having company us that YOU get to control the food! So Tommy and I planned the evening before we shopped with the help of MFP. We both were amazed that we were able to stay within our calorie count for the day. The appetizer, meal and dessert were sooo yummy and Maureen and Jerry loved it. The strawberry-blueberry trifle I fixed for dessert came from a website called skinnytaste dot com. There seem to be lots n lots of great recipes there.

Ruby....I totally agree with you. With MFP and a couple of other apps, and the great support right here...(and a big plus for me that hubs is on board) WE CAN DO THIS!
Jillie422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #19  
Fit by Forty!

That's so great Jillie. My mom married a widow and he sometimes calls her by his late wife's name. She doesn't make a big deal about it, which I'm sure he appreciates. They wer married for almost 30 years so I can imagine it's a tough habit to break.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #20  
Doxie Jax's Mom

LisaLou....you're right.....it's prob a habit that will never be broken...somehow it just flies outta your mouth without thought or warning! If your mom's husband had a wonderful marriage with his late spouse...she should consider it a compliment :-)
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #21  
Doxie Jax's Mom

Good Morning ChickS!

I put a new battery in my scale yesterday and YAHOO! Lost a couple of pounds!

Have a great day! Happy day for me....I'm off for a color touch up and trim. Nothing like "new" red hair

Hugs! :
Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 238/188/150

Height: 5'2

I started using MFP for the past month and doing WW too...its a lot of tracking but I've lost 7lbs this month
SarainMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #23  
Doxie Jax's Mom

Atta Girl Sara! Me too. 7 pounds!

Last edited by Jillie422; 09-26-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Congrats on the losses, ladies!

I'm away for a few days out of town, which means staying in a hotel and eating from whatever restaurants we can find around. I'm doing my best to make good choices, but haven't even been able to update MFP.

I'm trying to just get through these days and get back to normal.

How's everyone doing this weekend?
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #25  
Fit by Forty!

Good luck on your eating while away. I hate that. I'm at a conference next week and will be staying at a hotel and eating out as well. It's even harder when meals are provided and you have no choice whatsoever. I also find it difficult to get all my water in, because I don't want to spend the whole conference in the bathroom!

Well, that was overly negative! LOL Try to get a little extra exercise in at the hotel gym to make up for the things that are more challenging. Have a good trip!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #26  
Doxie Jax's Mom

Finally got my Weight Ticker!

I'm doing pretty well so far this week....hope all y'all are too
Old 10-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #27  

Hello. I started calorie counting and making better food choices on 9/23, just 11 days ago, and I have lost and the button on my pants isn't strangulating me, I really look forward to putting in my foods on the calorie counter every day to keep me in check. I think you should give this a try and definitely check around here for advice and support. The people are soo nice!
Wendyg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #28  
Doxie Jax's Mom

Welcome Wendy!

Lotsa food trackers here! Hope you'll stay :-) Many of us use My Fitness Pal to stay accountable. It's working for me...glad you're having good results too
Old 10-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

OK I'm sold, I'm off to sign up for MFP now. A colleague of my husband uses it, and is very happy.
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #30  
Doxie Jax's Mom

Hi Chickies!

How's everyone doing this week??? I stayed the course...didn't lose, but thankfully didn't gain either. Had a Fat Day.

We've had company, plus we're busy getting ready to go south for the winter next Sunday. Yesterday we met some peeps for a gathering of friends from high school. A mini high school reunion.....AT A BAKERY!!! Needless to say, I totally enjoyed a Ruben Sandwich on homemade pumpernickel bread with all the trimmings and a homemade brownie for dessert!!! It was definitely a decadent Fat Day.

Below is a picture of us....I'm 2nd from the right, and Hubster is next to me in the pink shirt. We all met in grade school, and then continued through jr and sr high school together til we graduated in 1969. We're all 62.

Second picture: We traveled over The Cherolhala Skyway to meet. It connects western NC with southern TN. What a glorious day for a drive!!! I was able (pure luck) to capture this post card like picture at about 4,000ft. The changing of seasons is just amazing here. I'm blessed to be able to live here 6 months of the
year