Old 08-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #16  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good day Ladies and welcome to the new challengers!!
I'm back to my regular scheduled programming. After I got back from my trip I was EXHAUSTED!!! Tried to go to the grocery store Monday but after going two of the five places I had to go I was too sleepy to drive anywhere else. Yesterday I could do the grocery shopping and today I feel like I'm back to my self. I stayed in my calorie range yesterday but didn't get my water or workout done. So today will be an on plan day for sure workout and all.

About to fix my daughter some breakfast then homeschool then workout. I got all my stuff for my juicing and clean eating!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #17  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

hey there I know I am late but I would still like to join. Love these challenges.

Goals for Challenge:
1. Lose 8 lbs
2. Dont eat more than 1,800 Cals in a day
3. stick to portion control
4. Reach out for help here at 3fc when i need it. (dont isolate and give up)
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #18  

Hi everyone! I would really like to jump on the boat. My main goal is to aim for 1200 cal/day, although I will be ok with up to 1400. Other than that, at least 3x to the gym every week.

Thanks for providing a place for accountability Today i've had 1000 cals so far, still have room for an evening snack.
meowkat444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #19  
No more +sizes

I got taken down by the chip monster yesterday. I did however stay in my calories. The one victory in the battle with the chip monster is I didn't eat the whole bag. Which is what I would have normally done...eaten a whole 11 ounce bag of tortilla chips. So I feel pretty good about that.

I'm drinking my water and moving my body. So surely by the 8th I will have lost two inches in my waist.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad I measured my waist this time. My weight stalls for days and then I measure and that is down. I'm doing well with my goals. Exercised every day, stayed within in cal range. But today my daughter arrives home from working in London all summer. She will be home two weeks and the go back to college. It's not as easy to stick to it when she is around. She has no weight problem but we eat out more and ... well, just Eat! But it will be fine.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #21  
tfu

Hey ladies!
I didn't do great this weekend in terms of planning my meals out in advance and sticking to the plan. My food was okay, considering it was the weekend and we ate out a lot, but not great. Just wanted to commit to getting back on track this morning. My food is planned out for the day. I just need to stick to it and remember to eat before I get too hungry and start munching around on random stuff that quickly adds up to too many calories!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!
tfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

A little late, but I'd like to join in!

Goals for this challenge:

1. Lose 12lbs this month (my "month" started 8/10)
2. Be able to do my lunges back & forth across the gym 3 times (only at 1 time right now!)
3. Go to gym at least 4 times each week.
4. Stay within calories (1690 or below) 6 days a week (and don't go crazy on my off day!)
ashley nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #23  
No more +sizes

Good evening ladies!!
My weekend wasn't stellar but I'm back on it today. I'm on track with my water, within calorie range and just finished a Zumba workout. I've tried Zumba before with a Zumba instructor and it was okay. This time I did the actual Zumba video and it was a good workout. Especially since the video shows you how to do the movements correctly.

Cool thing happened this weekend...I was in GNC looking for something to assist me with my process and the lady that worked there talked me out of it. She told me I was doing it the right way but suggested that I add a protein powder (which I didn't have to buy) to the veggie and fruit juice that I juice in the mornings which would keep me full longer and eliminate the need to snack unnecessarily. I needed that!!!

Welcome to all the new challengers. I am glad you joined us. Check in frequently and let's do this together.

tfu: Sounds like we have some of the same challenges when we don't plan. Glad you're back on track. I did have a great weekend.
Cal: Could you check the menu of the restaurant before going and plan what you will eat before you get there. That usually helps me out. That way I can plan my eating during the day so I don't go over when we go out to eat.

Three full weeks left so let's push it out and have on plan days for the next 21 days!!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #24  
tfu

Default check in

Hi all!

I love having some accountability here! It's so nice to have a place to check in.
Yesterday went much better for me. I made a plan and for the most part, stuck to it. I find that it is hardest for me to stick to my plan for my evening snack. It always seems to get bigger than I had planned. Will try to keep it in check today

I'm curious how you ladies plan (or don't plan) your food? Do you plan everything out the night before? morning of? Or do you just count calories as you go throughout the day?

Jigglefree: So cool that you enjoyed your Zumba workout. Having a workout you like and that you feel working makes all the difference. Also, great idea about adding the protein!!

Ashley Nicole: Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to your updates!
tfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #25  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfu View Post
I'm curious how you ladies plan (or don't plan) your food? Do you plan everything out the night before? morning of? Or do you just count calories as you go throughout the day?
I type up what I'm going to eat for the week separated out by days/meals like this--->
Monday:
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Total calories:

Tuesday:
Breakfast
Etc. I can then make plans (like what day do I want to eat less, what day do I have a party and need to be more stringent in the AM, etc). Then as the day goes on I can always cross off and write in if I substituted something. I make it so the whole week fits on one sheet of paper and has a space to write in your exercise each day. This way too I can go grocery shopping and make sure I have everything before the week begins

Last edited by mccull83; 08-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #26  
No more +sizes

Small victory: I was planning to wait until the end of the challenge to measure my waist but I did it this afternoon and have lost a half inch. That makes me happy...I'm making progress.

Pressing on and will try to wait til the 8th to measure again.

I count my calories as I go through the day. But I manage them so I can have enough to have a good dinner.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #27  

I have had a great week. Stayed within calorie range and exercised everyday but yesterday. Thursdays are a very long day for me so I decided I really need to sleep in one hour which is only til 5:30! Anyway I was very pleased at my scale this am. Now on to the weekend!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #28  
Make each day count!

My goals are:
1) eat no more than 1,800/day Doing GREAT here
2) only go over my allotted calories 2 times during this time period Since this challenge started I haven't gone over my allotted calories
3) exercise for a minimum of 210hours/week
4) drink at least 60oz of water a day Doing good with this except on the weekends
5) drink 4 less diet pops than my normal amount during this time I've cut out 2 so far

NSV goal: fit into my 2 pairs of dress slacks for work that I currently can't wear They are just a little too snug in the rear, but MUCH better in the legs now

Last edited by mccull83; 08-24-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #29  

Mccull, sounds like you are doing great! You reminded me I need to try on my pants for my goal. At the beginning I could get them on but there is no way I could sit or be seen in them!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #30  
Make each day count!

I lost 9.9 pounds in the month of August, and I hope to lose maybe 6-7 in September....we'll see

My goals for this challenge were:
1) eat no more than 1,800/day (Have only gone over once)
2) only go over my allotted calories 2 times during this time period (have only gone over once)
3) exercise for a minimum of 210hours/week (EASILY getting this in every week)
4) drink at least 60oz of water a day (during the week I accomplish this, but not so much on the weekends still)
5) drink 4 less diet pops than my normal amount during this time (I've cut out 2.....don't know if I'll be able to check this off the list by September 8th)

NSV goal: fit into my 2 pairs of dress slacks for work that I currently can't wear (I wore one of them to work yesterday, and the other one gives me a little "muffin top" but would still work with the right shirt)