Old 01-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Default diet stalls

so ive been stuck between 262-264 for last 2 weeks. i eat 1400 a day and exercise when i can, usually 90 mins a week, sometimes more. ive tried loweering my sodium, upping my water, exercising more, exercising less. tried a cheat day where i had 1700 cals, nothing. today i decided another cheat day and when out for chinese food. bad idea. i cant eat that amount of food anymore, i feel sick and gross and will never eat fastfood again. id honestly rather be 262 forever and eat healthy and feel good than be thin and feel gross. im going back to 8 water 1400 cals less than 1500 sodium and 30 mins exercise a day tmr and not weighing again til monday, hopefully ill see even 261.

before anyone rants about measuring food. i do. i have a scale. as for too low cals i dont believe so. i feel great at 1400. 1700 was brutal and this fastfood was deadly.

just wondering if anyone has other tricks or similar stories

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 01-25-2012 at 02:34 PM.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #2  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

I'm in the SAME boat. I have been measuring my food, counting EVERY SINGLE calorie that has gone into my mouth. I drink over 160oz of water (and pee ever 10 min heehee) I work out EVERY SINGLE DAY! And I have been stuck at 160-163. It has been like that for a month or so now. So frustrating.
I have been told that I might be "Overtraining". I don't really see that. I just do cardio every day. and lift differnt muscle groups every day.

Have you tried changing up the type of exercise?
I run mostly. But I have added spin classes and kickboxing. Your body might be used to the amout of exercise you are doing. gotta keep your body guessing.

I'm in the same boat you are. Just gotta keep kicking until you start making that scale go down!

Good luck!!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

It's only been two weeks! Give it some time

Two weeks at the same weight isn't really a stall. It's frustrating, sure! You want to the scale to move after all, but sometimes our bodies don't cooperate.

I had two instances where the scale was stuck for almost three weeks and I wanted to throw it out the window! I stayed on plan and eventually it picked up again

If you get stuck for six weeks then you have to start looking into why that's happening.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #4  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Oh! Also, when the scale isn't showing me what I want to see, I go to my measuring tape. I persoanlly think inches lost, is more important and uplifting than lbs lost.
Lbs don't determine how your clothes fit, inches do.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLindsy View Post
Oh! Also, when the scale isn't showing me what I want to see, I go to my measuring tape. I persoanlly think inches lost, is more important and uplifting than lbs lost.
Lbs don't determine how your clothes fit, inches do.
Yes! I forgot to add this!

When I was stuck the second time around I actually dropped about two dress sizes before losing the weight! Crazy!

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-25-2012 at 02:57 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #6  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

i once stalled out for 2 months. GOOD TIMES.

just keep pushing and eventually your body will give!!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #7  

my inches havent changed either. my skin and cellulite looks amazing and is pretty much gone . i look alot more toned but inches and weight are the same. i know it hasnt been long but its the longest ive had. im gonna try exercising everyday to see if that does anything. i think my body hates me. it seems to comfy at 262 i dont get that at all cause ive been much lower than that before.

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 01-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #8  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Just don't over do it. Don't burn out.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #9  

i dont think i have to worry about that. one fast food meal and i think im going to puke, not to be gross, but my body is rejecting it
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

When I want to give my metabolism a boost I eat spicy food for a few days. It isn't a miracle worker, but my body seems to respond to spicy things by speeding up. I was stalled for 4 weeks recently and I was so frustrated and I was reading about metabolism and whatnot and I read that spicy foods are rumored to help give the metabolism a little kick in the seat.. so I tried it and it worked for me. Maybe it'd work for you too?
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #11  

what is considered spicey, i dont live in an area known for spicey foods. i really dont know lol
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #12  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hiya, be happy you lost 73 lbs thus far (that's AWESOME!) you must be doing something right, so just continue doing what you did to lose the weight. Sometimes your body will stabilize & just needs to adjust to your latest weight, but no worries I'm sure you'll see a downward trend before you know it! Patience my friend, patience! Besides all good things come to those who wait!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #13  

I agree with EvilWoman. Sometimes, the body just needs time to adjust to the weight loss that has happened.

However, you might try cycling your calories regularly. I know you said you had a couple of cheat days, but that's not necessarily what I mean. You can have some higher days mixed w/ some lower days, but there's no reason that your high days have to be comprised of unhealthy foods. Just increase your portions of the healthy foods.

FWIW, I lost approx 40 lbs. from June - Oct 2011 averaging 1400 calories a day, cycling it the whole time.

Last edited by lin43; 01-25-2012 at 06:57 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #14  

Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time with this. I agree with Lynn43, there are healthy and more pleasant ways to do this higher calorie day/days.

I don't know if you followed any of my refeed thread but this did get me over my plateau immediately. I'm going by what the body builders recommend though which is on your refeed/spike day to go above your calorie needs by 20 to 30%. The theory is that this should boost your leptin levels which should get your metabolism up. I gave links and info on this thread. It's knowing food is in abundance that releases leptin supposedly.

I know what you mean about eating mountains of crap so here are some healthy and small quantity ways to eat more calories. One way of easily getting high carb and high calorie is to mix pesto into mashed potatoe. It's delicious and pesto, even a little, has crazy amounts of calories! You could just spread it on toast too and use it in a sandwich. So does avocado (extremely good for you) greek yogurt and cheese. Mackeral is a high calorie fish, again great for you, it lovely grilled or in sushi. If you dribble or add a little olive oil to most things you will hardly taste it, salad or desert and again it's high calorie. Add a few of these to your day and you'll be up high without being bloated and yuck.

Loads of people commented on my help...refeed thread that calorie cycling/refeed/spike day worked and got them over a plateau. There is definitely something to this.

Hope this helps.
Intotouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #15  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

How's it going today charlaine? hoping you busted thru it!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote