I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Ack! Still too little!!

OK... so... here's what I've eaten all day:

Breakfast
1 Cup Cheerios - 110
1/2 cup 2% milk - 61
Grande Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Light w/2 shots espresso (not b/c I needed it... but because I was wanting a little more of a coffee taste) - 167
Total - 338 (not too bad of a start)

Lunch (this was more like a snack... I wasn't very hungry and just grabbed something real quick before going off and doing something else)
2 Slices of Whole Grain Bread (toasted) - 100
1 tbsp unsalted butter - 100
Total - 200

Dinner
Steak, half a SERVING (portion size being a little less than half the size of my palm, same width) - 100
About a cup of iceburg lettuce (couldn't find a cup size portion, so I averaged it out with the "serving", could be wrong though) - 25
About half a cup of sliced tomatoes - 16
~1 tbsp ranch dressing lite - 70
Total - 211

Other
My own berry smoothie concoction, figured out the calories - ~80
Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt - 50
1 can of Diet Coke (record for me... usually it's like... five or six) - 0 (technically)
1 Mango - 135
Total - 265

Total for the Day ~1014

I have also had around 50 ounces of water so far... aiming for 64 by the time I go to bed.

I'm just annoyed at myself... because either I eat way too much because I'm tired or I'm just eating what I'm served and then mindlessly eating... or I end up eating way too little because I'm actually making conscious decisions and noticing when I stop being hungry, I eat slower, and am trying to enjoy the food I'm eating instead of wolfing it down because i'm trying to get rid of the nasty taste.

I am making dinner for myself... with a big ol' salad... with avocadoes, onions, bell peppers, and more in it... so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day with this...

But... is what I ate OK? I'm really not at all trying to starve myself... I'm trying to eat what I need to eat... >.<

ETA: I also did around 1000 calories worth of planned exercise. I did around 500-600 on Wii Fit this afternoon... and then around 400-500 when I went running this evening. So... yeah.

Last edited by Serbrider; 06-09-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

The steak was probably a bit more than you think.

But in general I think you could add a fruit or drink a V8 at breakfast and that would be better than the starbucks. Lunch could have had more on the bread than the butter -- turkey, cheese, lettuce, etc. Steak salad at dinner seemed fine.

If you are aiming for 1200, you might want to look at this for ideas:

http://www.xenical.com/pdf/1200_7col_pad.pdf

Other 1200 plans and other calorie levels linked from here in red towards the middle of page:

http://diabeticgourmet.com/Food_and_...Meal_Planning/

Last edited by astrophe; 06-09-2010 at 11:14 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #3  

Everyone keeps mentioning the steak... but I really don't like it... and I really am not eating hardly any of it. Maybe it is a TINY bit more... but like I said... the piece was about the same width of my palm, and a little less than half the size (more like a third of the size actually), and I don't have big palms. I just really don't like to eat meat. Nor nuts... but I know I need the protein... so I always try and force at least something down... not enough though... obviously.

I rarely have the starbucks... I just grabbed it on my way to Half-Price Books. I have been having it more than usual lately... probably because I'm like "MUST HAVE MUST HAVE BEFORE I LEAVE FOR EUROPE AND GRANDMA'S", because in both places a starbucks is not available.

I'll try and see what else I can do for breakfast tomorrow... I'm really not at all a fan of V8... my grandparents (not the ones I'll be living with) had some... I got some... I really didn't like the taste. Then again... could have just been because it had carrots in it... and I find that carrots in juice ruin the taste... completely and utterly.

I could always have another serving of my smoothie... here are the ingredients in it:

Serves 5
1 1/2 cup of 2% milk
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 FiberOne Strawberry Yogurt (this is the same 50 calorie one above)
6 cubes of ice

I had one serving today... I could have another tomorrow morning... maybe? I don't want to use up my other mango on breakfast... I'm gonna have that later in the day when I'm more alive and can truly enjoy what I'm eating.

Thanks for those links. I'm aiming for at least 1200... more like 1500...

Maybe I need to have these generally same sized meals more often? Instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a few snacks in between? Or... what? I'm wanting to keep higher so I don't end up burning myself and then crashing and/or binging (crashing brings binging... but binging doesn't always bring crashing).

ETA: Just noticed the bit on the lunch. Yeah... I was going to have more on it... but since we've been traveling... there was NOTHING in the fridge but the bread and some moldy turkey ham... we got the other stuff that ended up being for dinner around 4 PM... so I just grabbed the bread, toasted it, put some butter on it... and ran back upstairs. Smart of me.

Last edited by Serbrider; 06-09-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

You've given us a lot of examples of your low calorie days, but what are you averaging over the entire week? That's probably a better judge of how you're doing overall.

I shoot for an average of 1600 calories per day over the course of a week, so if I have a high calorie day one day I'll even it our by eating an 1100 calorie day later in the week. That's a natural way to regulate yourself.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

You could add in some healthy nuts, like almonds or walnuts. I believe 17 almonds is 100 calories or 12 walnut halves. They are really good for you if you don't go overboard.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #6  

Thanks. I really despise the taste of almonds... And nuts in general... but if I need them... I can force 'em down.

As for the calorie count of my entire week... that's hard... because I've been gone during the weekends, no internet access... I guess the only week that is "complete" would be the weekend I went to my grandparents' house...

Day 1 - 1302
Day 2 - 1202
Day 3 - 1245
Day 4 - (didn't enter anything in... so no clue)
Day 5 - 2750 (this was the day I had the burger and really had no idea how much was in each thing... I know better now)
Day 6 - 1984
Day 7 - 871

So I guess the total for the week is (I'm going to put in 1300 for the day i don't have anything down, it's probably the closest to what I did eat... since I wasn't on the move that day) - 10645
And the average for the week - 1522

This was also the first week I started truly calorie counting... and that Friday (the day I ate 2750) was a nightmare to me... my stomach hated my guts... And if I had my way... my weekends wouldn't be THAT full on food... maybe a little bit of "oh... I can go have this to eat" on a saturday or a sunday... but not to the extent of that day.

So... yeah. I'm really trying to eat enough... I just... I'm not... I mean... I eat... and I feel full and I feel like I've eaten plenty... and then I check the calorie count... and it's hardly anything!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Do you like seeds? nut butters? seed butters?

How about hummus? How about beans in general? I personally love beans in my salad.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #8  

I like beans... no seeds... or any kind of seed or nut butters. I just find them disgusting personally...

I don't think I've ever had hummus... so I couldn't tell you whether I like it or dislike it...

Maybe I'll had some beans to my big salad I'm making tonight.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: (HW=174)154/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Experiment with beans, as there are a number of different textures and flavors. Have you tried vegetarian protein sources like tofu, seitan, tempeh? Those are also good and more and more "regular" grocery stores are carrying them. If you like dairy, you can try cottage cheese.

If you are feeling like you don't have enough volume to eat, you can always add broccoli - it's reasonably low cal, packed with vitamins and I find it very delicious.
RunnerChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Serbrider-Double check your numbers on your smoothie. Blueberries have around 70 or so calories per cup, raspberries have 64 per cup.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #11  

She just had 1 serving, she stated her smoothies make 5 servings.

Last edited by ShylahEQ; 06-10-2010 at 02:21 PM.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShylahEQ View Post
She just had 1 serving, she stated her smoothies make 5 servings.
OOPS! Never mind.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #13  

Haha... yeah. 1 serving... it makes 5 servings... however... I think I miscalculated how much I had yesterday. I probably had more around 2 servings... but even then... wouldn't make that big of a dent in my calorie count for the day.

I feel as though I'm having plenty of volume. It's just that when I count up the calories later it's WAY lower than what I thought it was. And I know people have commented on this before... I am eating FAR differently than how I used to... far more fruits and vegetables, and I'm not sneaking in candy every other day. So yeah...

I had like... 25 cherries today... and finished off my smoothie for breakfast (I was running out the door... literally) so that'll probably add up to at least a few more...
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Hummus is awesome on bread, it is basically a chickpea dip but it does have tahini (sesame seed paste) in it but you can't taste that as it is pretty subtle when mixed with the various flavors. I like really garlicky hummus but in the store you can find a variety or you can make your own.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #15  

Haha... you're talking another language nelie... "chickpea dip" and "tahini" are two things I've never ever had... or even heard of.

But I'll go find some at the local international market... they had a huge variety there.

Today... I felt as though I ate far more... nope. >.<

Apparently 25 sweet cherries is only around 110 calories. I felt as though it was MUCH more... >.< Either I'm amazed at how HIGH the calorie count on things are... or I'm annoyed because it's so low...

I'm stuffed. I had dinner... and my dinner in total was around 300 calories... only. Urgh... I made up this huge dinner (the salad was ENORMOUS... I just kept putting things in... and would definately serve at least 10 people... and I had only one serving of it... and when I calculated that up... it was only 75 calories... urgh, and I also made apricot chicken off of a recipe I found online... since I used chicken breast instead of chicken thighs (which was on the recipe, the calorie count for one serving (serves 4) of that was 225 instead of 290 which was on the original recipe...). And I am full... but my full calorie count for the day is still only around 1100 (this is the max). And this is with meatloaf and corn on the cob at lunch!

Urgh...

I don't want to stuff more food into my body... I'm honestly not at all hungry right now... I feel completely and utterly stuffed... and this is with one "serving" of salad and one serving of the apricot chicken! (oh... and a glass and a half of water)

>.<