General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Default ACK! What was I thinking?

I feel like I'm going to barf. Wait until I tell you what I'm doing today.

So, my ten year wedding anniversary is on the 10th. I kinda feel like it's a special one this year, not only is it ten years and falling on 10/10 but DH and I have really been reconnecting the past few months after being on the verge of divorce for several years. Things are now better than ever between us.

Anyway, as the date has been approaching I've been trying to decide what to get him for our anniversary. He's not really into anything and somehow a new shirt just didn't seem very romantic, KWIM? So, I got the idea to do some ...er....pictures. There's a professional photographer near here that does sensual (and nude) photos and he does a really beautiful job. He has some of it on display at the mall a lot. Anyway, I kinda got caught up in the fantasy of it and decided to take the plunge.

My session is this am now though and the reality of my silly little idea is sinking in and I'm FREAKING OUT!!!! Honestly, I've been shaking since I woke up this am. It's not the whole getting down to my skivies (or less) part that worries me (ok, so maybe a little bit ) b/c I'm fairly confident that in real life I don't look too, too bad. I certainly am not my biggest fan of my body, but if the lighting is right and I stand at the right angle (and all the stars and moons fall into perfect alignment ) I think I can pass as ok.

What scares me is not being "ideal" in the photos. I had been envisioning pictures with long lean legs, a flat belly, etc...and last night it occured to me....THAT'S NOT ME. I'm short, VERY short and stocky. What if he's not a magician and can't make me look like a 5'10, 105lb model with perfect boobs?

Ok, sorry. I think I can win the stupidest post ever award. I just needed to whine and express the knee knocking fear I was feeling right now.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I think its a lovely idea for an anniversary present and I'm sure as a skilled photographer he will make you look fabulous. Heck, my 300+lb friend had a makeover and some professional studio photos done and she looked wonderful.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  

I think that is the most amazing anniversary gift you could give -- what guy doesn't like pictures of a "pin up girl" and the fact that they are of "his" girl, will make them that much more sensual to him -- the imperfections you see, I'm sure he has no idea of -- the photos will be amazing to him. Enjoy the photos and watch the thrill on his face that you took the initiative to do something so unique!!

Last edited by shelby897; 10-05-2007 at 08:36 AM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

goinforthegold - I'm so happy that you and your DH re-connected after considering a divorce; that's amazing!

That is not a silly idea; it's superb and DH will LOVE it! Who doesn't like some sexy pictures of their significant other for their anniversary? He'll appreciate it and who knows, it could, uhm, start something quickly

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 10-05-2007 at 08:43 AM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #5  

Years ago, when I was young and firmer, I had boudoir/lingiere type photos taken for my BF at the time. At least with this particular photographer I went to, he has a people afterwards that touch up your photos. Adding, removing shadows, .. fixing stuff so you look your best. They know what they are doing! While they didn't work miracles, they did make me look like the best ME possible. So relax and have fun and when they offer you a glass of wine, take it because I was pretty nervous myself and one glass did help!

I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised how good you do look and I know Hubby will love them.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, I imagine you've gone and done it by now. I hope you're happy with the results! I was going to say, sometimes when something makes us so nervous we shake, it's an indication that we ought to think twice. But no matter!

Enjoy!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, I hope it went well!

You know, I know its not quite the same thing, but when I got my engagement photos taken, I was SO used to avoiding cameras and staying out of pictures that I was super-awkward. Eventually, with the help of my photographer and just some time in the photoshoot, I loosened up. By the time the first hour was up, we were playing around and having a ball, all of the previous discomfort gone.

If you're seeing a photographer who does this sort of work often, he/she is going to know that people are a little awkward at first...I'm sure that there are VERY few women out there who go into a photo session like that feeling kick-butt confidence. So that photographer is going to have a LOT of experience in getting people to relax on camera.

Hope all went well!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #8  

Thanks for the support! That makes me feel better.

It's all over now. I had a friend come with, so it helped me relax some...and she was getting some done as well, so that also helped. Course, she has some nice boobs that she paid a few grand for, so that part actually made me feel a bit...um, well, let's just say I've had a baby and we all know what happens to the girls after being pregnant.

Anyway, I actually went right down to nothing. *evil grin* It's was almost kinda fun and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. I just decided that I've already made the decision to do it, no turning back, so may as well throw my inhibitions to the wind...and the robe went with them.

I thought it might be kinda weird to be nude in front of someone other than my husband and to have another man's hands on me (posing me, I mean) but it really wasn't b/c he was such a professional about it. It was just a job to him. It was like I was just a prop or something. It really helped make it not even a little weird. He encouraged me by telling me how great different poses looked, etc...but not in a weird, pervy way at all. I felt like such a doof though, he kept trying to get me to make sexy expressions or playful expressions....I'm so totally not a model. I had no idea how to do that.....

I haven't seen how they turned out yet though b/c he spent so much snapping and posing us that we didn't have to go through the pics. We have to go back Sunday to do that. I can't wait to see them.

Maybe when I get them I'll post some if they turned out ok...most of them have the important parts covered up by fabric.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Your husband is going to be so shocked you did this- and impressed, I might add- that he's barely going to look at the pictures before he goes for the real thing! Way to go! Gutsy move!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #10  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

yeah for you!!!! Photographers know what they are doing and your photos are going to be fabulous!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Cool.. I just recently found out about this trend myself and think it would be a cool anniversary present for my hubby. I hope your pictures turn out great, and don't worry he should think it's super hot that you went out and did this for him!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #12  

You guys are not going to believe this but I am friggin hot!! OMG, I couldn't believe it! I LOVED them all!!! Who knew? My back is all muscle! I couldn't believe it. This guy is GOOD at what he does let me tell you b/c I looked amazing in them all!! I couldn't believe it!! I was scared I was going to look fat and frumpy and old, etc...but NOT AT ALL!!! There were one or two that my face looked a little old in (which stinks since I'm only 32) but they will retouch all the wrinkles out of those. My biggest problem was deciding on which ones to get since I wanted them all! I'm going to get more printed at Xmas time. And, am sooooooo glad I did this!

Maybe I'll post some in the before and after when I get them as inspiration for other people. If I can look this good, anyone can!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #13  

Do you have the option of buying your proofs?? I would hate to give any of those awesome pics up!! Congratulations, I'm SO glad they made you so happy -- I'm just curious, my husband, I think, would be upset someone else saw me like that, yours will be okay with that I'm assuming??!!

Again, awesome, you should be proud of yourself, you did a great job!!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #14  

LOL Barbara, it sure is!!

Shelby, I could buy as many as I wanted...he took 80 in all, holy cow! I narrowed it down to the 17 best. BUT, each picture is incredibly expensive. For example one 8x10 was $90...this includes retouching of wrinkles, stretch marks, etc...all that really GOOD stuff...LOL...which is likely what makes it so much more expensive. Originally I wanted to do like a book for him with all the pictures, the guy does some really gorgeous hard cover photo books. But when I asked the price...$1000!!! I swear if I could have justified spending $1000 on naked pics of myself, I would have in a second, they were that good. *blush* But, that was just way too much. I had already spent $85 on the sitting fee the other day. I ended up getting a beautiful tri-fold type folder with a large photo in the middle and 4 smaller ones around the outsides of it. I'm going to do the same thing for DH at xmas but with 5 different pictures.

One of my main concerns about doing it was whether he'd freak out over another man seeing me...and I think it's possible that he will. I'm expecting the first two thoughts out of his head to be 1/ how much did this cost? 2/ who took the pictures? If that does seem to bother him I may tell a small fib that it was a woman who did them...or that the guy was gay. It's just really stupid though for him to think like that. It was no different than going to the doctor. Really. I mean think of some of the things doctors have to see/do...that's ok with him, so this should be too. I hope.

You know what's weird. When I first had the idea, I thought of it being a nice anniversary gift for him, but now that's it's done...I feel like it's been more for me almost. Is that weird? I can't tell you what it felt like seeing myself like that...the muscles in my back were friggin amazing. I'm totally posting one of those so you guys can see it. It just made me so proud and I kept saying, OMG is that really me? Over and over, I couldn't believe it. I walked a little taller all day yesterday. I want to do it again next year after working out all winter.

Ladies, I really encourage you all to try this, just once. What a beautiful way to celebrate all your hard work and your body!! We spend so much of our time picking ourselves apart and hating our bodies b/c we compare them to the "ideals" that we are bombarded with everyday...BUT give us the benefits they get of a little creative lighting and photo retouching and it levels the playing field. Before the pictures I felt fat and ugly...now I truly feel a little sexier and prettier. Isn't that weird?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #15  

I think it finally makes you see yourself the way others see you -- not the way we see ourselves which usually includes picking apart everything. I'm so glad you love the "whole package" -- so, now you've seen yourself the way your husband does!!

I never thought of the whole doctor/photographer thing -- our doctors have seen more of us than anyone ever will -- and like someone said before -- it's a professional thing -- the photographer looks at you as "art" not a naked woman!!

Congratulations again -- you should be so proud that you did something you wanted to do that was so exciting and unique.