Old 01-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Help?

Hello everyone!

I started my diet on January 1st! I have stayed true to diet and exercise for 23 days now! (I have never, ever stayed on a diet for more than five days!) So, I know that I am serious now.

I stay at 1200 calories a day, and I try to eat as many veggies as I can.
I have tried to work out 6 days a week, but I am ending up only working out 5 days a week.
I usually do Jillian Michaels DVD's, Biggest loser DVD's, Winsor Pilates DVD's for two days out of the week and the other three days I run or do the elliptical for 30mins - 1 hour.

I started at 164, and I am now 156.

The first week I lost 4 pounds!
Second week I lost 2 pounds
Third week I lost 2 pounds!

So I am staying consistent, and I would looooove to loose two pounds every week.

The only problem is, I have no support : ( I live so far away from any family, I just moved to Los Angeles. I made friends with a few neighbors (they are all twig skinny) and whenever I talk to them about weight loss they look at me like I'm crazy. I live with my boyfriend of 4 years (he is a nice sized man, muscular, well built, tall, he works out a lot, and eats A LOT well over 4,000 calories a day I'm sure!!!!!!!, but he has not concept whatsoever about calories)

Anyways! I have questions all the time, and sometimes I just want to vent, but I don't know where to go! I know I am not going to give up but honestly, I feel like I am doing this all alone.

Some things that I ALWAYS wonder about are.....

If I stay within my calorie budget, can I still eat before bed?

I have lost a total of 8 pounds, BUT, I don't see a difference?

Honestly, how long would it take me to loose 30 pounds (like a date)?

If I workout in the cold, and don't sweat as much, am I still burning as many calories?

Thank you guys so much!
Sorry so long!
orangebelpeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I read somewhere that you won't notice weight loss until after 20lbs. I am ready to see where something is missing!!! You hang in there.

Last edited by toobig; 01-24-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: sp
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/202/150

Height: 5'4

You can totally vent on here.. I just did! lol. You're doing great so far! Just keep at it. I was surprised that some of my co-workers are being supportive so I understand not really know who to talk to. My family seems to be trying to sabotage me... grrr... Just focus on YOU and what you want to do. Just talk on here to people that will be nothing but 100% supportive of you AND your goals.
minijaxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #4  
Getting Healthy!

S/C/G: 315/268/160

Height: 5'9

First off, don't be upset if you don't lose 2 pounds a week. Healthy sustainable weight loss is 1% of your body weight a week, so only losing 1.5 pounds a week is still great!

I would seriously consider upping your calories a bit, though. 1200 calories is the bare minimum, and with your work out schedule your body needs more healthy fuel to create muscle. Also, if you are eating the minimum and plateau, you really have nowhere to go to kickstart your body back into weight loss mode. At your goal weight, you would need to eat 1300 calories just to maintain if you did absolutely nothing but sit around all day, and that's not factoring in the level of exercise you do! 1500 calories would still allow you to see progress and allow you to have some flex room if you need to drop 200 or so calories for a bit to get off a plateau.
Alecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #5  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Don't ever feel like you can't vent here. I know a lot of us are going through what you are going through. I know you may not see the loss, because you see yourself in the mirror daily, but to help you measure yourself and take bi-weekly pics to keep track of your progress. You can do it! Don't give up!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4

Yes, you can eat before bed if you are within your calorie range. I would up your calories. I had been doing 1200 for about 3 months and dropped 19 lbs, then I got stuck. I was working out 4 times a week and eating 1200 calories and the scale would not budge for 2 weeks. I tried going up on my calories and not I am at 21 lbs lost and people are just now notcing. Go up to 1400-1600 calories.
crystal422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks!

I will consider moving up calories. But, honestly, (don't hate me ) I don't think that I can! I would feel guilty, I am so harsh on myself. I get very upset and feel guilty when I skip a day of exercising or eat something that's not the best choice.

I think if I upped my calories I would just me mad at myself all the time.

I know I will regret it.

What if I eat a little more like 1400 on weekends?
orangebelpeper is offline   Reply With Quote