Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Calorie Counting Buddies :)

I thought I'd start a new thread for the week, I hope you don't mind! I copied and pasted my post since it was the last post on the old thread.

Congrats on the loss so far! I'm jealous, and kicking myself lol

Bad...Bad weekend for me We went to a friend's house yesterday(Saturday) for a cookout. I had a hamburger w/ mayo and pasta salad. Not TOO bad right? Well.............I had 8, YES 8 beers. IDIOT!!!

Back on track lol

Now for today, I'm having my morning coffee right now and will grab a banana sometime before noon lol
Breakfast: 20oz coffee, 3tsp creamer, 3tsp sugar.
morning snack: banana
lunch: 1 cup of broccoli and a hamburger patty
snack: 1 cup of frozen grapes
(I hate fruit and one of my friends recommended freezing grapes and eating them and OMG they are so good!) I have a thing with slimy food so this REALLY helps me!!!!
Dinner: I'll have a salad with 1 cup of lettuce, green peppers, red peppers, hard boiled egg and mozzarella cheese. I have no idea about dressing since I always used about 1/4 cup of ranch for my salads. Any ideas?

Without the salad dressing my calories are at 795 with 405-755 calories left for the day.

Last edited by DMNewman; 06-29-2009 at 09:31 AM.
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #2  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Dawn: Have you tried the Salad Spritzers? Several brands make them now, you spray them on your salad so you get a little taste of dressing without many calories. I use those a lot. I also use normal light or fat-free ranch dressing; yes, there are fat grams in the light, and there are more calories than in the spritzers. But I like it, and it makes me eat more salad. I usually only have half a serving (about 1 tablespoon, but check the bottle, they are probably all different).
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am meeting my parents at a sandwich place for lunch and I usually order the veggie sandwich, but I am thinking that it probably has more calories than a simple turkey sandwich. I should keep it simple. What do you think?
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  
~*Dawn*~

Maybe I'll just do a TBSP if ranch like you mentioned, Pas.

Riley- what about ordering what you want and cutting it in half as soon as you get it. I always order a spicy chicken sandwich and fries at my favorite restaurant and its around 1200 calories, I cut it half and box the other half up as soon as I get my plate. My husband either takes the other half to work the next day, my kids eat it or I work it into my next day plan. Just an idea.
Can you find out how many calories the turkey sandwich is?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #5  

OK, I already did my workout! Yay! The scale at the gym told me 225! But since friday is my official weigh day, I am not updating anything until then. And hopefully it will be even less then!

For breakfast i had coffee and yogurt. For lunch i am having some barbaque pork tenderloin. Yum.
teresab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #6  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

That freaking pound came back!!! I knew it was too good to be true!!!

Great job Theresa!!!

I'm moving my office this morning. I think that should be my workout for the day, don't you?
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #7  
~*Dawn*~

I forget who said their weigh in day was on Friday but I'm going to make it my weigh in day as well. I'm HOPING that I get below 205, this seems like its taking forever to get this weight off. perhaps it was the 8 beers I had on Saturday ACK!!! Then I have the 4th of July coming up and we're going to a big cookout where there will be more beer. I'm going to TRY to fit 3 or 4 Michelob ultras into my meal plan lol Its going to be hard on the 4th.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #8  

Mmmm, beeerrrr.....

I'm so frustrated and i know it's because it's my time of the month, but why wont these pounds go away? I'm stuck!! STUCK!!!! I haven't cheated or gone over my calories, I work out 6 days a week...WTF.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #9  
~*Dawn*~

Its all turning to muscle! Seriously with TOM and 6 days a week of exercising it will show in the next week or so. When I first started calorie counting I remember it was TOM and after wards I dropped 3 pounds over the next week. It'll come off, lots and lots of water!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #10  

Boo! I want beer and a BIG cheeseburger dripping with grease. And french fries.

I'll eat some yogurt Hi, I'm Amy, could I be more of a poster child for menstruation?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #11  

Hello ladies! I am not having the best day. My eating is fine, but I am not feeling too good. I am hoping I will be feeling better later. Right now the twins are sleeping and the 4 year old is watching a show, I may try to lay down myself. Yawn.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #12  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

I had an orange for my morning snack
Breakfast fat free yoplait and 1/4 raw sunflower seeds
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #13  

Awesome, Theresa! I can't imagine having three kids, let alone twins! I have one child-ONE-and she wears me OUT!!! You are a goddess! Take that nap!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #14  
~*Dawn*~

Haha! I have 4 kids and do daycare, I still can't imagine having twins. The waking up at night would kill me and just raising 2 children the same age, yikes! Kudos to you Momma, I have no idea how you do it.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 203, I'm going to wait until Friday for weigh in though to make it official. Whats on your menu for the day?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #15  

Thanks guys! Twins are alot of fun. I freaked out when I found out we were having them but it is great. They look so cute fighting over toys and sippies. They look alot alike (blonde and blue eyes-- whille my older girl is darker like me) but they are so different! My little girls rules the roost and my little boy is more passive. By that I mean she steals his toys and he cries and points at her.

Anywho.... I didn't take a nap yesterday, but I went to bed at 7pm! I didn't get all my calories in yesterday, but I wasn't off by too much. Right now i am having coffee and we will head to the gym in a bit. The weather is in the sixies today, seventies later. Much better than the 90s we had last week with 4000% humidity. So maybe I will take all the kids for a nice walk!

BTW- I tried that stuff at target called "Better'n Peanut Butter" and I actually think it does taste better than peanut butter! It is sweeter. It is hard to spread, but it is only 100 calories for 2 TBLS. I love PB on my bananas and toast. So now I can have toast with PB for 130 calories!!! Yay!! It is not cheap ($5 for 16oz) but I will buy regular PB for the rest of the family, and it will only be for me.