Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Think about being at your high weight and hearing someone (in a healthy weight range) talk about how they hate their thighs. It can be annoying I am sure.

Yes, I completely agree with you. However, I seldom discuss weight related issues in real life--that is why I come here. You make the assumption I would do this, why?

I have two very close friends that are really into healthy eating and exercising and yes, we discuss it. Among my other friends or acquaintances, I NEVER discuss it. Even when someone tries to engage me on weight talk, I usually shut it down pretty quick.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Thank you so much for everyone's replies on this matter. I think there are lots of good points made here. I don't want to think it's people trying to be mean spirited or catty or whatever. It is just really a personal thing and for other people (some I don't even know well) to comment on such a personal thing is a bit unsettling. Unfortunately, weight is one of those things that are SO obvious to everyone. It isn't like other goals you set or other endeavors that are less obvious to others.

I meant to reply to all of you sooner. I thought of this thread today. I made a Valentine brunch at my house today and this very thing was brought up right as I sat to take my first bite. I replied,

"Well, I am not really concerned with the scale. I know what I should be eating and am trying to stick with those things as much as I can--my body will do what it needs to if I do what I need to..." and then started to eat.

ETA: Yes, ladies I am definitely doing what I can to firm my problem areas. I run 3-4 miles almost daily and am also dabbling in 30 DS now. My stomach is flat but stretch marks make it very flabby and sunken like. (I came in from a run the other day and two of my stretch marks were bleeding! ) My thighs are firm but large @ 22". I can take my measurements on a monthly basis and have losses from every part of my body on a regular basis and my thighs will only have gone down fractions of an inch or something.

Really great comments from all of you. Thanks again!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 02-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #33  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Yes, I completely agree with you. However, I seldom discuss weight related issues in real life--that is why I come here. You make the assumption I would do this, why?

I have two very close friends that are really into healthy eating and exercising and yes, we discuss it. Among my other friends or acquaintances, I NEVER discuss it. Even when someone tries to engage me on weight talk, I usually shut it down pretty quick.
I was thinking that they somehow knew you wanted to lose more weight. I guess if you NEVER discuss it, then you aren't sharing that part of yourself with them - so it really shouldn't matter what they think anyway. Honestly, IMO they probably are jealous and/or don't want you to go into a 'below healthy weight range.'
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote