Old 09-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

Default wish

I wish there was a magic pill to help me.
Today I failed miserably,I have eaten too much.Not even hungry but ate away.I can't saw it was unhealthy food but too much food.
I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks,50 to go.
Its so hard. I eat because its there ,not because I am hungry.
I walked 3 miles yesterday and gained 3 ounces...I bought an ab roller,and a step climber thingie...got videos,trying yoga.You name it I am doing it.
Sometimes I wish I was into throwing up.
I am fat, old and discouraged..Dieting and exercise are not as much fun as gaining the weight.
Oh well tomorrow is another day,right?
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Cartp,
I know the feeling. I also will eat for no reason. I think if they have a pill to stop smoking they should have one for eating junk. A safe one.

Hang in there. Hugs to you. Tomorrow is another day!

Kelly
Kelly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Right!! keep going chicky!! Remember, muscle weighs more than body fat ever will, and usually extensive exercise makes you retain fluid...just a few tidbits to keep in mind. You should read the beck diet solution, it helped me emensely!! good luck!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh my! You are not alone. We had a birthday celebration this weekend. I was careful all day yesterday and even went to the gym. I had a high cal. dinner last night, and have continued the celebration today. Argh. Stupid, but it happens.

We will get through this. 12 lbs is awesome! You must be doing something right. Tomorrow is a new, wonderful day and I have great plans to succeed. You will too.

Hang in there.
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Ah, we all feel that way some days. Maybe you need a good night's sleep and a fresh new day to start over again. Food tastes so good but wearing a new pair of jeans in a smaller size is great, too. Shopping for clothes in the smaller regular sizes is great, too. I'm fat, old (relatively speaking) and not discouraged. I'm going to be thin, old (relatively speaking) and looking good. So can you.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Okay, first off - forget about throwing up. It's **** on your teeth and can damage your heart.

Secondly, a gain of 3 oz isn't even a blip! It's a glass of water or a sprinkle of salt. Chart your weight and look at the trend over time. Try not to get hung up on indvidual weigh-ins, but focus on the big picture!

You said you ate a lot because it was there - tackle that problem. Try to find ways to defuse cravings (get your hands busy, go for a walk, call your mom, brush your teeth) and make sure your house is a "safe" zone without a lot of excessive food to tempt you.

Congrats on the 12 lb loss, that is awesome!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:51 AM   #7  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartp View Post
I wish there was a magic pill to help me.
Today I failed miserably,I have eaten too much.Not even hungry but ate away.I can't saw it was unhealthy food but too much food.
I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks,50 to go.
Its so hard. I eat because its there ,not because I am hungry.
I walked 3 miles yesterday and gained 3 ounces...I bought an ab roller,and a step climber thingie...got videos,trying yoga.You name it I am doing it.
Sometimes I wish I was into throwing up.
I am fat, old and discouraged..Dieting and exercise are not as much fun as gaining the weight.
Oh well tomorrow is another day,right?
Like Glory said, forget throwing up. That is somewhere you do not want to go.

Unfortunately, there is no magic pill. But, there is support. And I am heaping lashings of it on you, right now. I understand how it feels to be not hungry, yet eating the house down, then feeling like crap, afterward. It is going to be okay, really it is. Determine that you will forget this and move forward. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track. One day isn't going to hurt your overall progress. So please, don't beat yourself up over it.

I am also old and fat. And I also hate exercise. With a purple, polka dotted passion. But I really am trying to move more because I know that I need it. For my health as well as weight loss.

I am so impressed by your weight loss, so far. 12 pounds is wonderful. And you are twelve pounds lighter than you would have been if you had continued in your old eating patterns. You are doing great, so keep up the good work.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I think we all feel that way sometimes.

Everyday is a new beginning. Don't dwell on the past - think about today and the best way to get thru it.

Please don't even consider throwing up. It will open a new delimma for you to deal with. You don't want to go down that road, ever.

The one thing I've learned in the past year since starting calorie counting is that there will be time when we do better and times where we struggle and over eat. We are all 'eaters' - or we wouldn't be here. Food is how many of us deal with life. That being said - if you have a bad day or even a few - get back on your plan. It isn't a diet...it's a new life plan for dealing with food. Please carry on.

Sending you hugs!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

And of course there are times when I am simply bored and go and stand in front of the open refrigerator looking for something different than the last time I looked 5 minutes earlier.And how about emotional eating I am sad, glad, mad, etc.? These all play a part and we need to be aware of these times and deal with them as they come up. If we give in at times, do not beat yourself up, but get back on plan right away.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #10  
Nice Pants

S/C/G: 224/202/199

Height: 5' 10.4239"

Just had a bad weekend myself. Or, I should say, I had bad evenings this weekend. Doing fine all day, then *bam* the sun goes down and the food comes out. I wish I could blame it on a party or some sort of social gathering. But it was just me and the Cheez-Its.
hillsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #11  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsc View Post
Just had a bad weekend myself. Or, I should say, I had bad evenings this weekend. Doing fine all day, then *bam* the sun goes down and the food comes out.
I am with you here. I did very well during the day and then i had horrible evenings. I did not excersise all weekend. In fact i have not excersised in 4 days. But today that will change. I had my mom's birthday party that killed me on Saturday. (Boy they are not healthy eaters, lol). I just need to tackle the problem of the weekend and controling myself on the weekend and then it would be great. Slow process i know. Baby steps!!!

I too used to wish that i was a purger, get it out get it over with! But i do know that it would not be the healthy way to go. My goal is to be healthy and thin, not thin and sick.
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
I walked 3 miles yesterday and gained 3 ounces
You do realize a gallon of water weighs around 8 pounds? I glass of water weighs more than 3 ounces .

You're doing great, right on target.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #13  

Thanks for the good words.
I guess I am really resenting that my husband is the king of sabotage.
He had gastric bypass 7 years ago and has managed to gain a lot of the weight back. Snacks everywhere. He has used gastric bypass as a free pass to eat.He eats all night ,snacks all day, then says he can't eat bread (for example)cause it will clog his "pouch"
I try so hard ,well I am now,dieting ,exercise,only to have candy ,cookies and chips in my face.
I told him I lost 10 pounds. His answer was you deserve a treat ,lets go to eat.
ahhhhh
Its too hard.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Thanks for the good words.
I guess I am really resenting that my husband is the king of sabotage.
He had gastric bypass 7 years ago and has managed to gain a lot of the weight back. Snacks everywhere. He has used gastric bypass as a free pass to eat.He eats all night ,snacks all day, then says he can't eat bread (for example)cause it will clog his "pouch"
I try so hard ,well I am now,dieting ,exercise,only to have candy ,cookies and chips in my face.
I told him I lost 10 pounds. His answer was you deserve a treat ,lets go to eat.
ahhhhh
Its too hard.
Keep going! But the truth is, in order to work for you and stay off, it will have to be for and all about you, not him. It sounds like he will definitely be a challenge for you, but you just have to separate your choices from his choices.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #15  

And as long as I am Venting and Ranting..
I lost 10 pounds!!!!
How come no one notices??
A co-worker asked if my diet was working, I said yes , 10 LBS!!!
she said how can you tell???
AHHHHHHHHHHHH