Old 07-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Cheryl,

I have no problem looking at macho guys try anything that disprove the Testosterone Theory. I hope they're in pink leotards.

I've been away for a week or so. But we're 26 weeks away from Marathon Date and I feel so good it hurts.

*smile*
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #62  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hey everyone, I would like to join...not only is it the labor day challenge but for me its the starting at my new school challenge...i start september 2nd, im transferring and im nervous and i want to look my best lol...theres about 6.5 weeks till then *gulp* i dont want to set a pound goal cause if im doing things right and i dont lose as much i still want to be able to meet my goal SO my goals are to have a calorie average per week of 1700-2000 depending on if i lose weight and other variables not yet determined...and a cardio minute goal of 2000 minutes for the whole time and weights at least 24 out of the 26 possible days...GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #63  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Haley, welcome to the challenge, and good luck with your goals!

Diva, sounds like your marathon training is going well. Do you have any time goal you're shooting for? re yoga/YRG: There are girls and guys on the first video. Haven't looked at the other two workouts. No hot studs in pink leotards yet, but I'll let you know. I'm hoping to get my first workout with that in tonight, if my schedule cooperates. Right now I'm waiting on a call to pick up my sister from the doctor, so I'm leaving the workout for tonight, assuming I can squeeze it in, either before or after skating. This afternoon I have to go get a haircut after dropping my sister off. I've got the "wings" sticking out over my ears, and it's driving me nuts. Okay, off to skim the lifting chat, then back to weedwacking...joy!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Hello, all. I've had nothing to report lately since I've been retaining water from that certain evil thing we all are forced to deal with.

Well, actually I do, that's why I'm here, haha. Well, for one thing I've been on track every day- even though it's been difficult... (TOM: the difference between a female saying "no" to chocolate for most of the month and then the same female eating nothing BUT chocolate for 4 days straight)

Also, I've got a new exercise obsession(Me, exercise obsession? Hah!) with hula-hooping. I've got one of those "wave hoops"(filled with water) that's sparkly and pink and SO MUCH FUN. I also purchased a jump rope and some 5 lb hand weights that I've been making good use of. Oh, I'm sure I could be doing a lot more for exercise, but hey- I'll be grateful for even just this much.

I've also officially decided that I'm going to lower my final, BIG goal from 150 lbs to 140. I'm not exactly as happy as I could be with my body where I'm at now, and I honestly don't think 8 lbs will make such a drastic difference, but 18 might. Pooey, and I was so close too! Oh well..
Well, hey, that means more fun mini-goal rewards and challenges with you gals, right?

I hope you are all doing well. Sorry for the long post.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Layri -- Congrats on winning the battle with TOM! That hula hoop sounds like so much fun I think I will pick one up if I see them in a store . We are in the same ballpark weight-wise and I have also decided to notch down my goal weight, but I am going to reach this one first!

Welcome Haley! Like you, I don't set my goals in pounds, but rather my own actions. My goal is just to stay on plan (and in the event that I don't, to get right back on plan!). Good luck with your goals!

Last night my daughter got to pick the restaurant bc it was *her* night (recital). She picked Thai, and I thought I was going to have a chance to practice getting back on plan after going off. But DH and I split a steamed fish dish, and I had a broth based soup and a few veggies from the appetizer. Altogether, DH and I estimated my dinner at 350 calories, leaving slack in the day's budget!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #66  
FB

Everything is okay here in my part of the world.

Sorry I haven't been posting a ton. I'm a bad cheerleader. It's not that I'm not interested in what's going on, I do read, but summer is stealing my time. For that I'm grateful! For the last 5 or 6 summers I lazed indoors in the AC. This year I'm experiencing it. Yay!

Get to do a 41 mile bike ride next weekend at a local orchard. That will be fun, although my husband is doubtful. I don't expect the poor guy to do 41, he may opt for one of the shorter routes. I bike as many days as possible where he may get on his 2 or 3 times a month. These organized rides are fun! I'm trying to convince him to register for a 150 mile one this fall. We'll see!

I'm going to get my bodyfat tested soon as I don't get a ton of feedback from the scale. I have to go without caffeine prior to testing and screw myself every morning grabbing an espresso without thinking. Oops. Better espresso than candy right?

Hey Layri, there could be a drastic difference if you start weight-lifting! Really! I've been dropping inches like crazy and getting all sorts of fun new muscles without changing the numbers on the scale hugely. Your new equipment sounds like a lot of fun. I want to hula hoop! You're always getting yourself awesome fun little things. Love reading about your shopping. I saw your corsets in the rewards post over in the support section. Pretty! I like the teal-ish blue one.

Welcome Haley!
Yoyo- oooh, Thai. Why did you have to put that in my head?!
Jammy- It's perverse but I love weedwacking. Did you get a styling new 'do?
Sgirl- how's it going? Glad to hear you're feeling better!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #67  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Hey all,

I've been OP with food this week, and almost OP with exercise...have done all my lifting and cardio and skating, just have not gotten going with the yoga yet. I've decided not to stress about it, though. I figure, when I'm a little more used to being back to lifting and skating full time, then I'll find the will to get going with the yoga. I've been doing something every day, though, so I'm still happy with it!

193.6 on the scale this morning. I keep floating between there and the 196s. I'm okay with that, though. I feel like I'm still burning the fat, even if it's not showing up on the scale. Frankly, with all the lifting, I was surprised to see a 193 again so soon. Maybe I'll be seeing some lower numbers soon, who knows?

Layri, have fun with the hula hoop and jump rope! Those will give you a workout, for sure.

YYM, glad to hear you're staying OP. Thai food sounds good. Haven't had that since I was a kid.

FB, good luck on your bike ride! Sounds like you're a natural at the cycling! ETA: no new "do" for me, just the same old, same old. My hair is long, except I keep it trimmed around my ears and collar area...takes a little weight off, and it used to get tangled there from rubbing on my shirt collar all the time...it's a little cooler this way, too.

Last edited by jamsk8r; 07-18-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #68  
Haley wants to run!

Hey everyone! I can't wait till monday is over with because I'm nervous about my math final and it's hard to focus on anything else....so after monday I have till sept 2nd without school so hopefully I can devote energy to getting in more exercise! and eating healthier, I'll have some time to browse new recipes and after exercising and keeping the apartment clean I can pick up my daughter early everyday from daycare and we can hit the nearby beach!

Layri- hula hooping does sound like great exercise but i could never figure out how to do it, i dont think im coordinated enough lol i dont know lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

I am 3 pounds closer to my goal of losing 14 pounds by Labor Day. Only 11 pounds to go! Stuck to calories well this week. I find if I drink 1/2 glass of V-8 with dinner, I am full full full! I also eat a cucumber or carrots with salsa right when I get home from work and that helps with dinner also. As you can see, my bad time is after work through bedtime! These tips are working for me. Hope everyone else is motivated and working their plan.
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

The good news: I'm down a lb (3/10 for Labor Day)
The bad news: I've come down with a horrible cold.
I'd write response to all of you guys, but my head feels like it's going to explode...
So I'll just say that I hope you're all having a good weekend. ^^'
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:01 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 17st 2lbs

Height: 5ft 2in

hi first time on here and only posted twice now lol so am not really sure what i`m doing i`d like to lose 14lbs by labor day just read its 9 weeks away(i didnt have a clue) dont know if i can ask on this page how do you get those weight loss thingies (dont know what there really called) lol any help would be great
ScarletDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #72  
FB

Oh my freaking gawd! Today my BMI finally changed from obese to overweight. I'm so glad to be overweight! Didja know I started off as extremely obese according to the charts?

~Jammy- Great jobby with the exercise this week. You are such an active person! Hey, do you still dog scooter? Let me know how the yoga goes when you start! My friend wants me to do yoga at a center that just opened a block away with her. But frankly, I hate my bare feet and my budget is tapped with everything else I've been paying for with this weight loss. I'd be interested in doing it at home.

~Haley- Wow, I wish we had beaches around here. What fun. We get cornfields and the Mississippi River.

~Great job Kris! I'm going to try carrots and salsa today, that sounds like a lovely snack. I LOVE some salsa, and always buy expensive little jars and then I find I miss the option of tortilla chips. Carrots sound perfect.

~Poor Layri I hope you feel better and that your head doesn't explode. Hope your weekend gets better.

~Welcome ScarletDarcy! To get a weight loss thingy you have to stick around for a month and post 30 times. HOWEVER, in the meantime you could do a fun signature showing off how much you've lost. Go to User CP and play with the signature option. You could use colors, photos, whatever I do believe.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #73  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everybody! I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. And it seems, everyone is doing great! It is inspiring to read about every one's successes and progress.

I am staying very nicely on track and on plan. The hated knit pants are a little looser, which gives me encouragement that I will, indeed, make my Labour Day goal.

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #74  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Kris, that is the same time of day that is hard for me. I can be angelically good all day, and right before bed, I get the munchies. I've taken to having a teaspoon of PB and making myself go to bed. It's mainly hardest after skating, so I'm thinking of splitting my protein shake, and saving some for after skating. The protein usually helps me feel full for much longer. I'd love it if I wasn't fighting with that several times a week!

Layri, feel better soon!

Scarlet, welcome! Labor Day is only 6 weeks away now, though! Sept 1st for the US (and Canada, I think?). Good luck with your goal!

FB, I do still scooter with the dogs, but we take the summer off from that. The heat and humidity really sap the dogs' ability to run any distance. They'd be glad to run year round, but I like having a season for it. It makes the first signs of fall/winter something to look forward to. Hey, you beat me to "overweight", dangit! You tall people think you're SO cool! Just kidding...I'm really happy for you, and hope to join you there, soon!

Raindancer, you are doing so well! 20 lbs already!

As for me, I cycled my cals this past week, and it seems like it might be working...too soon to tell, but I was floating in the 195-196 range there, a little too close to 200 for my comfort, having just gotten out of there, but I did maint cals for a few days, then dropped it back to 1800, and the scale dropped to 194, then the 193s the last 3 days. I'm hoping I'll finally get to or under 193.0 this week! (please?)

Workouts are going well. Still no yoga, but I can tell a difference from the lifting...I'm shrinking in the belly and the muscles are growing in places I didn't know I had muscles (I can tell from the soreness, lol). So, even though the scale isn't moving, I'm seeing the progress, so I know I'm doing the right things.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Hey everyone! Looks like y'all are doing great (we had friends over from Texas and they say y'all and I thought it was fabulous! So I am trying it on for size LOL...I'm Canadian so maybe I'll say "eh!" AND "y'all!" HAHA). Anyway, not sure if I said welcome to Hayley yet...so welcome! And also a big welcome to ScarletDarcy!

Diva-way to go!
Hayley-great point about NOT setting a pound goal, I am seriously considering the same thing. Good luck on that math final...math and I are not friends. LOL
Jammy-your doing awesome with your workouts! You must be getting totally ripped!
Layri-congrats on being closer to your labour day goal, but so sorry to hear you have a cold. Stupid summer colds!!! I hate them. Get lots of fluids
Yoyoma-mmmm Thai food!
FB-Congrats on being OVERWEIGHT!!! WOOHOO! I also feel the same about the summer, even though I am still bigger this weight coming off has given me more confidence. I went to the beach the other day and didn't feel like the hugest person on it. Glad to hear your bike rides are going well!
Kris2008-congrats on the 3 pounds! I love v8 like that too, also they are at least 2 servings of veggies. I had to cut it out of my diet back in Jan. when I USED to have high blood pressure (I had a NSV thread announcing I no longer have it WOOHOO). I think I will get back on it, but probably try to go for the low sodium kind...hope it is just as tastey!
ScarletDarcy-good luck with the 14 lbs we are all here for you chicky! No matter what you lose, you will definitely be a lot healthier and closer to your goal by taking this challenge. The month will just fly by and you will get all your cool tracker thingies, and it is a real marker too because it shows you that you can make a commitment.
RainDancer-Glad to hear the knit pants are looser! That is always a good feeling
As for me, a little frustrating getting on the fancy gym scale to see the 10 lbs I dropped with the flu is ALL water weight and I lost NO fat. The trainer said that's actually normal cause your body hold onto it blah blah blah I'm back to 230, looks like I am one of those people who loses half a pound a week...oh well, the fat'll come off if I stick with it. I stayed OP for most of the week in terms of exercising. Fri night was bad because my DH and I are moving away and our friends had a goodbye party for us and I drank WAY too much alcohol...but it was mostly red wine, which is good for you right? right? Well maybe not an entire bottle of it! HAHA, oh dear. I felt ok on Saturday and still went for my weekend hike with the DH and got right back on track so that was good. We are packing so we ordered pizza today, but I had planned for 1 slice and I stuck to it and filled up on salad. Like I mentioned above, I went to the beach after work one day and wore a swimsuit and didn't feel like I was super huge, felt about medium actually. Also I went dress shopping with my SIL for a wedding and the sales lady was ACTUALLY asking me my style and suggesting things to me...they were all larges, but I'm used to not fitting into anything in the store and having to order out, so that was a good time. Well off I go to pack!
see y'all later eh!
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote