Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I do pen and paper. I use one of the small pocet sized notebooks. It is small enough that I can throw it in my purse when I am out and about.

The reason that I do it with pen and paper, is because of my schedule. If I am out of town or working, I don't have computer access. This way I am abl to write down what I eat immediately...and then figure up the calories when I get a minute.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #17  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Pen and paper for the same reasons as Aphil but usually only through lunch. Then I keep that # in my head and just add dinner and any afternoon snack to it. Sometimes I go backwards, counting down rather than counting up just to make things interesting!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey, everyone. I use a free program for my Palm Pilot. I'm new here so 3FC doesn't let me post links until I have 25 posts. But you can send me a message or just go to freewarepalm dot com and look up simple calorie tracker.
happilyeverafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #19  
Determined

S/C/G: 188/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
DietPower - which is PC based. I log as I go.
This is the best in my opinion. My problem was that I gave the software away thinking nothing would ever happen to my computer....DOH! It did and now I have to buy the software again because the others don't come close to how indepth this program is.
BabySteps21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 8"

I journal using my day planner but enter it in FitDay later. If I'm out somewhere - like a business lunch and it's not appropriate to whip out my day planner, I'll use the note pad on my cell phone - looks like I'm making business notes but keeps me from forgetting to log my salad dressing
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I bought a little book at Barnes & Noble called "The Ultimate Pocket Diet Journal." I like it because I can use it both at home and at work - it's a pain at home to boot up the computer and log on just to add in a few foods.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I use an Excel spreadsheet, and keep track of calories, fat, and fiber content only. I made my own "commonly eaten foods" list, with the portion sizes figured out. I add to it weekly when trying new things or new brands. I can keep a running total through the day, or can plan out a week of meals in advance.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

I keep a small notebook that fits nicely in my purse and it goes everywhere with me. And with it I have my CalorieKing Calorie, Fat, and Carbohydrate Counter 2008 edition. They both are small and I take them everywhere. That book is the best thing I have ever found! It has EVERYTHING in it. I like haveing a notebook so I can quickly flip through it if I need to see passed days, weeks, or last month.
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have always used pencil and paper in pretty spiral notebooks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Initially, I did both. Well, that got tiring.. and fast.. So, now I just plan out and log everything on to FitDay on the night before.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #26  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

In my online journal, but I'll jot stuff down on paper if I'm away from my computer and then I'll log it later...
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #27  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogora View Post
I have my CalorieKing Calorie, Fat, and Carbohydrate Counter 2008 edition. That book is the best thing I have ever found! It has EVERYTHING in it.
Don't you love it?! I have an older version of it, and can't live w/o it. I love that it gives you weight for food, especially for veggies. I weigh everything. I keep it in a kitchen drawer b/c I do a lot of cooking from scratch. So as I'm cooking I'm looking things up and writing them down, something I couldn't do with the computer b/c it's not around the kitchen. This is way more convenient for me.

I also keep a notebook, it used to be a little one that I carried around with me. Now I keep a little bigger one and keep it next to my bed. Since I work in an office and bring my food for the day, I prepare my breakfast/lunch/snacks the night before, I write everything down that night. When I get home from work, I cook dinner, so I write down what I ate.

I do look up a lot of info on line, especially restaurants. But for the most part it's all "manual" labor with pencil and paper.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #28  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessEveryDay View Post
I have an Excel spreadsheet that gets more complicated the more I play with it. I don't work, so most of my week is spent near enough to my laptop to do the entry. And, since I cook most all of our meals from scratch - and try new recipes all the time - all the pre-entered stuff on the other sites wouldn't do me much good.
I also use an Excel sheet I would be interested in seeing a screen shot of what you use LessEveryDay, heres mine. nothing spectacular but it does all of the adding for me and works well for what I need it for.

Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlykat4u View Post
Don't you love it?! I have an older version of it, and can't live w/o it. I love that it gives you weight for food, especially for veggies. I weigh everything. I keep it in a kitchen drawer b/c I do a lot of cooking from scratch. So as I'm cooking I'm looking things up and writing them down, something I couldn't do with the computer b/c it's not around the kitchen. This is way more convenient for me.
I do too! I have a scale and a calculator that I keep right in my drawer and use it whenever I cook (which is pretty much every night except Fridays, thats our "eat out" night!)
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote