Old 03-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #1  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Talking what is your "seems naughty but is really nice" food?

Hello fellow calorie counters! I've been a regular at 3FC for several months, but I have been randomly posting, and have not utilized this forum so much. So I really just want to say hello! I was wondering if anyone else has a "go to" food that tastes like you are being bad, but you are actually eating quite low-cal? I just tried the impossible veggie pie in the 3FC recipes for dinner last night, and it completely satisfied my craving for a calorie rich "pot pie", with only 156 cals! Also, if I really really want desert and have no more room in my calorie allotment for the day, I grab a Diet Hansen's Creamy Root Beer - 0 cals and quite yummy! Anyone else got a good idea? I would love to know!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

I like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches..haven't gotten them in a while but I know they are pretty low-cal AND they satisfy my ice cream cravings!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #3  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

I will either go for a yoplait "light" yogurt (100cals) or some type of dark chocolate...just a taste, but it seems like a real treat now! I know, those probably are not as low cal as you're looking for, but that's what I usually go for when I want something sweet.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Roasted butternut squash with a tbs of maple pumpkin butter stirred in always seems very decadent and too good to be true.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oooh Glory that sounds yummm. I am actually making roasted butternut squash for dinner, but don't have any pumpkin butter. Where would I find that?

Right now I am loving, just LOVING Stuffed Acorn Squash with apples, walnuts and raisins with maple and cinnamon. This is sooo fabulous and so very decadent tasting.

I also love the Danon Light and Fit yogurts, partially frozen with Fiber One mixed in.

Another new favorite, frozen berries, skim milk and frozen no fat/no sugar yogurt in the blender. I top it with a few sliced frozen bananas, a handful of Fiber One and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 03-23-2008 at 08:23 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #6  
I am Strong

Smile

I made this thing that reminds me of the inside of apple pie, but the apples are crunchy. It's so very good. Get a natural yogurt in 1% (no sugar, no artificial junk) it's 60 cal for 1/2 a cup, but I only use 1/4 or 1/3 of a cup, really. Just enough to coat the apple pieces. Add a chopped apple & some cinnamon & walnuts (okay, just a little of these, 'cause they've got a lot of calories to 'em. You could exclude them if you wish, but they're "good calories".) Sometimes I put in those golden raisins too. I mix them together and it's SO good. It's not a yogurt with apples in it - it's like yogurt coated apples. So more apple than yogurt. Y'know?

Here's the breakdown again:

1% plain yogurt
Apple
Cinnamon
Walnut pieces
Raisins

Use as much or as little as you want of each. Mix 'em up. Yum.

-Yello.
Yellofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

One of my favorite snacks is a laughing cow cheese wedge (35 calories), usually the garlic and herb, and a serving of low fat wheat thins (130 calories). Its filling and soooo good

or for breakfast, I'll have an english muffin (110 calories) and spread the swiss flavor laughing cow cheese on it - I can almost convince myself its almost a bagel Or sometimes I'll add an egg to it too.

Last edited by Lizzyg; 03-23-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #8  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I was dying for pizza yesterday and I went to the grocery store and found Ezekiel tortillas and got all excited. So then I bought low fat mozzarella and some sauce and yeah...two tortilla pizzas, 500 calories and completely satisfied my cravings. I know 500 cals may seem like a fair bit but for PIZZA for dinner - TOTALLY worth it!
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #9  

egg beaters omlette, 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 1/4 cup of onion,bell peppers and mushrooms(raw) 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese. Its less than 150 calories and totally fills me up and i feel like i have really cheated!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellofly View Post
I made this thing that reminds me of the inside of apple pie, but the apples are crunchy. It's so very good. Get a natural yogurt in 1% (no sugar, no artificial junk) it's 60 cal for 1/2 a cup, but I only use 1/4 or 1/3 of a cup, really. Just enough to coat the apple pieces. Add a chopped apple & some cinnamon & walnuts (okay, just a little of these, 'cause they've got a lot of calories to 'em. You could exclude them if you wish, but they're "good calories".) Sometimes I put in those golden raisins too. I mix them together and it's SO good. It's not a yogurt with apples in it - it's like yogurt coated apples. So more apple than yogurt. Y'know?

Here's the breakdown again:

1% plain yogurt
Apple
Cinnamon
Walnut pieces
Raisins

Use as much or as little as you want of each. Mix 'em up. Yum.

-Yello.
I used to eat soy yogurt in a similar fashion, but I'd add ground flax and sometimes wheat germ. Give it a try! It's "chewier" but it adds a lot of nutrition and a nutty flavor I enjoy.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #11  
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

I like Edy's sugar free all fruit Popsicles. They only have 40 calories and taste exactly like the ones that are full of sugar
mypunkrockromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrockromance View Post
I like Edy's sugar free all fruit Popsicles. They only have 40 calories and taste exactly like the ones that are full of sugar

The Breyers all fruit bars are good too - and only 40 cals too! I like the ones that are different flavors, like blueberry and lemon, or strawberry and lemon. Very good!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 342.4/288.4/160.33338

Height: 5'8

Alot of these recipes sound really good. Right now my favorite thing is a peanut butter banana smoothie (or whatever). I put half a cup of milk, a dozen ice cubes, a banana, and a table spoon of peanut butter in a blender. It doesn't look that great, but it tastes great and I have to remind myself it's okay to have. My software program tallied the recipe up to 249 calories.
candogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Smoothies. Just a cup and a half of frozen mixed berries (I commonly use a mix of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries), a little bit of plain unsweetened yogurt, and a tiny bit of splenda. They're delicious and I have them all the time.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:25 AM   #15  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Oatmeal or any other hot cereal with a tbsp of peanut butter stirred into it.

The salad I have with my dinner always feels decadent to me just because it is so enormous! It feels indulgent to eat that much food (seriously, I eat it out of a mixing bowl).

I have a Tamale Pie recipe that comes in at 270 calories per generous serving but tastes like total comfort food.

This recipe for Creamy Wild-Rice Soup with Smoked Turkey tastes very decadent to me but it comes in at 275 calories per serving! (I've modified the recipe a bit to include 12 oz of turkey instead of only 8 oz, 1% milk instead of 2%, an extra cup of chicken broth in place of 1 cup of the milk, and 2 cups celery. I also divide the recipe into six servings instead of eight.)
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote