Old 01-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #16  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

well its so confussing, i guess as long a si dont overindulge on any, and keep to my 1300 cals i cant go to wrong.....as long as i dont just eat 1300 of break i suppose. thanks guys
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Beans are a great supplement to one's diet though. They're very nutritious, good on protein and fiber. 1 cup of black beans has 227 cals, 0.9g fat, 15g fiber and 15g protein. I use beans as a protein and fiber source in addition to and instead of meat.

Lori, I referred to pasta and rice as starches rather than carbs because people tend to vilify carbs and lump them all in together despite the very important differences between different kinds of carbs. Vegetables are a carb, whole grains are carbs; rice and pasta are carbs of the lowest order, so I distinguish them by calling them starches, which is what they are. I can eat all the veggie-carbs I want; my starches are strictly regulated.

Gracey, you're doing great. And as long as you're eating your 1300 cals in a sensible manner and consistently losing, there's no problem.

Last edited by baffled111; 01-20-2008 at 11:37 AM.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote