Old 01-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #46  

Hi Cubb! Welcome to calorie counters!

Have you all heard of hungry girl? I get her emails everyday. She has some great ideas.

Friday: 1705 calories, 731 deficit, no exercise
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

1289 calories, 23% coming from fat. Much better!

Ran 3.6 miles, worked biceps/triceps/abs.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi all and welcome to the new calorie counters!

I had 1399 calories according to FitDay.
No exercise (again). It snowed all day and school was closed for my son. I do have a tread mill but it's still dusty. I'm laying clothes and shoes out tonight for the tread mill tomorrow morning and have asked my son to make sure I do it and he won't let me slack! I just need to get the energy in motion!

Here's today's menu:
B: 1/2c oatmeal w/1c soymilk, 1tsp flaxseed oil, 1/2oz walnuts, 1tbls wheat germ, 1tsp cinnamon sugar, 1/2c OJ w/calcium
S: two walnut halves (I couldn't resist as I was putting away container)
L: 2oz salmon, 1/2c bulgur wheat pilaf w/sun dried tomatoes, 1 small pear
S: few baby carrots
D: Crockpot soup 1 1/2 cups: cooked w/a frozen skinless Thanksgiving turkey leg, pearled barley, tomato sauce, carrots, onion, spices
S: Friday night splurge Hot chocolate (woohoo): 1c soy milk, 1 packet swiss miss dark sensations, 2tblsp light mint whipped cream

Bobbolink--AnAbsoluteDiva is right, you are sweet to address every one personally Here's a pic of my 1yr old dog she's a rescue dog from the local shelter husky/australian shepherd they think
(I don't know how to paste it)
http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL.../185646459.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Charlene
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 AM   #49  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
Absolute & Charlene...You make me blush, thanks for the kind words!
Mary...I sympathize with you on your bad back, me too! And it gets worse with old age 1260 calories is fantastic!
Ebb & Flow... We're here for you! Health issues with family is always hard, we lost our mom to alzheimer's disease one year ago. But your mom is in a good place right now and pace makers are a wonderful invention, she'll be able to live a long life with it. Prayer to you and family!
AbsoluteDiva...Glad you're happy with lower fat (23%) I was at 17% yesterday but I missed my 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil. I had a cabbage salad instead of lettuce and by the end of the day I had completely forgot about it. I'm thinking you probably appear very thin at 5'7" and only 142 pounds. Am I right?
Guatoncita...Good menu and attitude. I have consistently lost an average of 2 pounds a week on a 1200 calories diet, so you probably will too. Tell your sweet momma to keep the calories down in the week-end recipes. My DH loves to cook and I've got him trained well, arf, arf, bark! Just kidding, but he does support me and will use 1/2 the fat in a recipe or use cooking spray when browning things. Sometimes you can cut calories like fat and not even miss it in recipes. I'm sure your mom knows this.
Cubb... You have an adorable little girl, wish I'd had a granddaughter to spoil. sigh! You do have a great motivation to drop a few pounds with the wedding coming up. Wouldn't it be a blast if you had to have the tailor take the dress in!
Catch ya later for those I missed, gotta take a break and eat breakfast. DH is getting ready for a week-end hunting trip, that means I can goof off all week-end.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #50  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I forgot to post my Friday's menu and DH only wants a quick bowl of Total cereal with a bananna on it.
Total calories for the day (1,022)
Fiber One...56 cal ( I eat this dry around 4am)
Breakfast:
Leftover Mac n'cheese...166 cal.
Lots of vitamins, minerals,calcium, etc. the salmon oil has 10 calories in it. I also drink a Fiber/Psyliium...3 cal.
Total 235
Lunch:
8 oz. Vegetable Soup...97 cal
2 oz. Carrot chips...24 cal
2 oz. Celery sticks...9 cal
Vegetable Dip...24 cal
Chocolate Raspberry pudding...39 cal
Total 193
Supper:
Wild Salmon...151 cal (I baked it without added oil, used Old Bay seasoning on it.)
Cabbage Salad:
Cabbage...21 cal
green pepper...8 cal
cucumber...2 cal
Thai Peanut Dressing...28 cal
2 slices light wheat toast...80 cal
1/2 cup FF cottage cheese...80
2 oz. Applesauce...24
Total 394
After Supper snack:
Air popped pop corn...120 cal (I mixed bulk splenda and cinnamon together, sprayed my popcorn with zero calorie cooking spray and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over it.) Yum!
I don't get very much sleep so I always make a cup of hot milk before bed time...add on 80 more calories
Total 200
We got 55 min. in at the fitness club and I drank plenty of water.

Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #51  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Welcome to the newcomers!

Ebb, best wishes for your mom.

Today is my official weigh-in day, and I'm down a pound from last week. Slow losses, but as long as it's a loss I'm okay with that.

Yesterday's calories were 1422.

I've joined the exercise challenge for January. 1300 minutes of exercise by the end of the month. I think I can do it.

Julie
Eiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #52  

Height: 5'2.5"

For the last 3 days:

1944 (I was super hungry for some reason)

Here is my meals today:

Breakfast: 1 c ff cottage cheese, 150g ffsf vanilla yogurt, 1 cup strawberries (268 cals)
Snack1: homemade protein bar (233 cals)
Lunch: cabbage coleslaw with lime dressing, 3.9oz grilled chicken with .66 oz swiss cheese melted on it (257)
Snack2: hardboiled egg, string cheese (125)
Snack 3: medium apple
Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast, flat out wrap filled with spinach and strawberries with a little bit of low fat sesame ginger dressing, medium sweet potato (417)

Totals: 1372 cals/139g carbs/16g fat/146g protein

I am excited for dinner to try the flat out wraps. I hope they are good. I was super surprised to see that they had 9g of fiber AND protein! They don't even have to taste great for them to be worth it, as long as they are tolerable I'd prefer them over the other wraps available in my area as the nutritional info on these ones is absolutely phenomenal.

I do so bad on exercise when I don't exercise in the morning. I have basically decided even if I have to go to work at 6 am I HAVE to do my exercise before work or else it just does not happen. I work retail and am too short for their counters, so after bagging groceries all day long and having to reach in uncomfortable ways I could not dream of lifting weights with my arms, let alone lift heavy like I do! Oh well. So tomorrow morning it is 4am out of bed for me to exercise before work! I WILL do it! I will just have to go to bed at a decent time.

Petra: Your calories are great. I wouldn't worry about being off between your notes and fitday by 20 or so calories. In the end of the day 20 or so isn't going to make or break wether you lose or not.

Diva: That makes sense why that site was censored... I didn't know this site was actually associated with fitday? If not I'm sort of confused why spark is a competitor site. I never even thought of that reasoning since all these sites are free anyway! I am a member on many of these free online diet sites just because they are all different and have their own charms! I cannot even compare 3fatchicks and spark, they are both very different and I like different things about them.

Ebb: I know what you mean about it being hard to keep calories down! I was working on maintaining for awhile and to cut back down to lose is just hard! I never used to be hungry on my weight loss calories, but now I am sometimes. I just need to get back in the hang of it. I am trying not to get too discouraged over my high days as long as I am still healthy on them and as long as they get LESS often and LESS over what I should be eating to lose weight! I only have about 10-20 lbs to lose, which is the hardest to lose so I really have to work on being on the ball here.

Julie: Good luck on completeing 1300 minutes of exercise in January. I am sure you can do it.
sakuya3834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #53  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone
Well Fit day says I had 1288 in calories yesterday, I think my count was around 1340, can't remember for sure off the top of my head. I did do some exercise though. Haven't had much to eat today, But I usually don't eat much on the weekends anyways. Well keep up the good work everyone. I weigh in on monday official but I am checking it every morning.
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #54  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everyone. Hope ya'll having a great weekend.

Friday's calories - about 1200

Today's calories - about 1100, but I'm expecting that to go up a bit, Saturday nights are the only night I allow myself to eat past 7- 7:30. I'll either have a 60 ice cream bar or......... maybe a yogurt.

Yay Julie!!!!! Down a pound.

Welcome Cubb!!!! Welcome guatoncita!!!!!

Sakuya, hmmm homemade protein bar? Sounds interesting.

Ebb&flow, definitely sending postiive thoughts and prayers for your mom. I hope everything goes well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #55  
Is too long. I sum up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya3834 View Post
Julie: Good luck on completeing 1300 minutes of exercise in January. I am sure you can do it.
It's looking good so far, but I appreciate the support from all of you!

Julie
Old 01-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #56  
To be happy with myself..

S/C/G: 226/199/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!
Room for one more on the thread?
Let me tell you all a little about myself. I am 19 years old, turning 20 in May, and have been on the heavy side since I hit puberty. I steadily gained weight, and was tipping the scales at 226 in my senior year of High School. I never really understood why I had so much weight on me, since I have never been a big eater at all. I was in HS so I didn't exactly eat the best foods, but I definetly did not over-eat.
My weight has never really stopped me from making friends or being outgoing, but it has put a damper on my self-esteem. It's hard to be around stick-thin teenagers, and even now in college stick-thin co-eds and be happy with yourself...
When I graduated High School, I started to get a terrible anxiety disorder, which I later learned was from being worried about college, and thus started seeing my Dr. frequently. He asked me how often AF came, and when I told him once every three months, he ran some tests and I learned I had PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I won't go into details, but one of the side-effects is being over-weight.... I went on some hormones, and automatically dropped 10lbs, but other than that, the weight I have lost has been from good old fashioned exercize and calorie-counting.....
I am following The Zone diet. It's really a great diet and I feel very nourished, eat 5 times a day, and stay around 1000 calories. Most of the foods eaten on the diet are lean meats and veggies, low fat dairy, whole wheats, things like that...
I read this whole thread and really enjoyed the sense of community and support I am feeling from it. Some of the other threads are kind of.. well dead....
I am hoping to get to a healthy weight and stay that way for the rest of my life..
Imenonelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #57  
Is too long. I sum up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imenonelse View Post
Hello Ladies!
Room for one more on the thread?
Absolutely! Welcome. I'm so glad your doctor found the problem and you've tackled it with a great attitude.

Your daily calories sound a little low, so do be sure you're getting enough to eat.

Julie
Old 01-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #58  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Not losing, but maintaining

Thank you all for your well wishes. My mom had some exploratory stuff yesterday. She doesn't have any blockages, which is good. She sounds good today (I can't be with her so we talk on the phone several times a day). She isn't sure when she'll get the pace maker, but we know it will be next week. Until then she is in the hospital and says they are watching her closely. We think she will do well and will be around for a while longer to (as she says) drive me crazy. She's pretty shaken up by the things and is really on my sister and I to get healthy. She's never been serious about her diet and exercise and so she is really pressuring us to get ours straight and to teach our kids so that it won't be foreign for them when they become adults. It's so hard. Even when you know the long term effects it's hard to change 30 years of lifestyle. However, I know it's important to her and i know it's very important to my son that I take care of myself while I'm healthy rather than trying to fix stuff once I get ill (we have a lot of hereditary risk for many illnesses like diabetes, stroke, cancer, and heart disease).

That being said. Today was one of those hard days. I hit 2017 today. more than I need to maintain and not a the healthiest choices. However, it's better than usual and I did do some damage control, which is a lot different than my caution to the wind/I've blown it now attitude.

Aiming for a better day tomorrow.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #59  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlenej View Post
Here's a pic of my 1yr old dog she's a rescue dog from the local shelter husky/australian shepherd they think
(I don't know how to paste it)
http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL.../185646459.jpg
Pardon my lurking - sweet pooch!!

To paste an image put [ img ]http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1368/6518617/12602652/185646459.jpg[ /img ] (without the spaces in the brackets - I had to put those in or it looks like the below.)

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya3834 View Post
Diva: That makes sense why that site was censored... I didn't know this site was actually associated with fitday? If not I'm sort of confused why spark is a competitor site. I never even thought of that reasoning since all these sites are free anyway! I am a member on many of these free online diet sites just because they are all different and have their own charms! I cannot even compare 3fatchicks and spark, they are both very different and I like different things about them.
More and more sites are disallowing of links. Calories Per Hour doesn't either, and it's precisely because it's free. These guys depend on a certain amount of traffic coming in to keep their advertisers happy.

No advertising and we're paying for access.

Paid sites that don't allow you to post links are doing it because they're afraid you'll find the information you seek free elsewhere. And they're right. You will!

;-)
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote