Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 02-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 260/258/160

Height: 5'9

Default Implants

I just had to put my two cents in about breast implants. I had my surgery before I began my weight loss journey because I was tired of my small, saggy boobs. I had cohesive gel implants but in and they cost $6800.00. They were expensive but well worth it, they look and feel very natural, and my two scars have healed well and are hardly visible. I think that you need to do whatever makes you feel good.

Hope this helps,
Tanya
HotforTeacher80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

Mine have definitely laid down and are playing dead since bearing and nursing two children, and I'm not done with losing all of my weight yet. I used to think I wanted a lift, but have since developed a fear of surgery. I've decided that they will have to be good enough for me and anyone wanting to invite them out to play. I'm 44 and should not be expected to have the boobs of an 18-year-old. I've observed a strange phenomena among women who have gotten implants where they seem so disconnected from them, offering them up for everyone to have a feel and generally displaying a strange, unsavory exhibitionism - not everyone, mind you. I think if getting a boob job will make you feel better - YOU, not your significant other - then you should definitely do so. Honestly, if it weren't for my surgery issue I'd still have a lift for me and my clothes. I guess it'll be bra shopping for me when I get down to my goal.
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

OMG!!!

I have had one excuse and lazy moment after another lately and have lost my motivation.
Today's excuse is definately I do not want to lose weight. Why? Because I dont want ugly boobs.

LOL
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #34  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

My breasts have gone from a 38DD to a 34B. They are like little slabs of canadian bacon, although not that firm. The best bra I have found thus far is Wonderbra. I would love to have them done when I have my stomach done.

My hubby used to love my breasts and I guess he still does. I just miss looking nice in the chest area--or at least looking ample. I tried on a swimsuit today for Spring Break and there is no way in the world I could have worn it. It looked horrific compared to what I usually look like. I really must order one of the suits from VS with the wonderbra inside of it.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 275/205/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wow, boobilicous discussion.

Mine shrank unevenly. I have to pad one side to look even in my clothes. Yes, it is definitely a downside, what hurts me worse is the cute "skin apron" on my lower abdomen. Anyone starting the next thread???
PleaseLuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #36  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaDH View Post
Thats why stores have cute bras! So you put on the cute bra then look in the mirror! Cheepest solution!
I totally agree! Ive been freaking out about loosing weight and my boobs shrinking and sagging (even more then they are) but then I think about all the times I went into stores and left almost in tears because I couldnt get these damn things into the cute bras I seen. Im almost a little excited for them to shrink a bit so I can walk into any store and hopefully fit into more bras.
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #37  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really dislike my breasts when I'm at goal weight and they look great when I'm heavier, but I still prefer to be at goal. I actually interviewed a few plastic surgeons.

From my research, I found out that it's not a one time surgery! Typically, you need to have another surgery every 12 or 15 ears or so. That is a serious commitment! I also wanted to have a tummy tuck done too, but I couldn't decide which problem bothered me more so I did neither surgery because I was too scared to do both procedures. Something about that just seemed overwhelming to me.

It's hard because my husband loves my big boobies and he hates elective surgery and feels that my breasts are totally "fine" now. "Fine?" Ugh! Not fine! I want them to be spectacular! Still, I got myself some great bras at Victoria's Secret and they still look good in bras. Once I hit my goal though, I'm sure I'll be looking into the implants again. I'm sure I won't go through with it because of the fear of something going wrong. I'm such a wimp!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #38  

I used to hate my breasts, they always did the downward pointing dog when I wanted them to be doing the sun salutations… I have come to love them or at the very least accept them, breastfeeding my daughter has shown me that they are perfect just the way they are.

Last edited by lina; 12-28-2009 at 08:07 PM.
lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #39  
Working My Way Back Down

Started out 40DD, down to 36D. They just really didn't shrink much, but they're really dense so maybe that's the reason. I'm nearly 65, so yes, they do sag some, and I have grooves in my shoulders from hauling them around all these years, and those bother me more than the boobs themselves, which look fine in a bra. Still having problems finding a bathing suit that looks okay, but I keep trying.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #40  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJo View Post
I someday hope to have more kids...but realize that won't be for a long time now that my DH left me. I wonder if you can still breast feed after a lift or inplants? Or what happenes to a lift/inplants if you get preggo? What is considered "cheap" in the boob world? I've looked around the internet and I just get more confused. But then again, would you want to go to someone you found on the internet? If they are "good" why are they advertising on the internet?

I'm okay with them as long as they are in a bra. Realizing that I am going to have to get back into the dating world and such scares me to death thinking of someday, someone else having to see them. And swimsuit season coming up...ah, they would look HORRIBLE in any swimsuit right now and I am a water freak.
My dd has implants (the saline kind...sorry don't know much about them) and she breastfed her son for a long time...over 2 years at least. So yes, you definitely can beastfeed with implants. Only thing she has complained about is that it is more uncomfortable for when getting a mammogram. Guess they have to move the sacs around or something.

Last edited by maryea; 12-28-2009 at 08:47 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Ughh I've always loved my breasts. Seriously. Even before I gained weight they were a nice D. When I gained weight I hardly gained anything in the boob area, maybe I was between a D/DD. So far, I haven't lost much actual boob but they are soo saggy and if I pinch a part of one while lying down, the scrunched part just stays there lol! They used to be perky and full!! I hope that in time the skin will adjust and sort of spread back over them better lol! FINGERS CROSSED!!!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #42  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I hate mine too..and have for a long time. They look great in a bra but off comes the bra and I'm like - ouch!!!

Getting a lift/implant (not sure which one yet) is my reward for getting to my goal. I am hoping I won't need a tummy tuck too but if I do, I will get the tuck first because you can't hide that as easily as just keeping your bra on during sex sometimes
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #43  

Ladies, this is the price we pay for being overweight. A good padded bra helps.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #44  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't think that the reason mine are all saggy and droopy is because I was overweight for so many years although I don't think it helped. My reason is because I nursed two kids for over a year each. That's rough on the girls. But the trade-off is that I had two really healthy kids!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #45  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I didn't know what size I should be wearing, either. But I was on my way to the Whitney Museum one Saturday afternoon & I had some time to kill before it opened (it opens kind of late) & saw a shop sign for Brasmyth & stopped in there, figuring I'd get a professional in on the job. (It seemed like a job for a professional.)

She took one look at what I was wearing, carefully concealed her utter horror, and after a few questions about style, started scraping the hangers down the rods & carrying me stuff to try.

At one point, there were three ladies there staring at me standing in my little curtained booth, in my bra & my low riders. I tried hard to suck in my stomach. (I felt like an Amsterdam prostitute on display or a Barbie doll in the old-fashioned plastic case they used to be sold in.)

First of all, they had to demonstrate to me how to put the poor deflated things into the cups. They kept making grasping motions near their own chests, pantomiming packing together a snowball or something.

Frankly, I wanted to walk out there & hand each one a boob & say, "You put them in for me."

But they were right, once I learned how to put on these beautiful new bras, they really did look quite nice. The trick was bending over in the beginning, letting each boob swing into place, and then, once the band was fastened, sort of smooshing them from the outside until they were correctly placed. They showed me to watch for puckering & etc.

I walked out of that place with a sweet little peach-colored bag with a rope handle (which I am sure fascinated the coat-check guys at the Whitney, when I deposited it into their care shortly afterward) and a credit card that hadn't quite understood what hit it yet.

But you know, my chest has NEVER looked better. And I even don't mind changing in the locker room at the gym. These are bras to be **seen in.** Chantelle is the brand. I'm a believer.
I'm a believer in the Chantelle brand too, been wearing them for the last 6 years, won't ever go back to dept store brands.
I am now am deflating a bit due to age, the bra is amazing, I still look good in my clothes.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote