The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogini
So then, it stands to reason that, barring any health issues, us "mortals" (without all the conviniences they are afforded and the promise of cash and prizes) should be able to do near that in a year's time, right?
I guess, I lost 54lbs last year, but I didn't workout for more than 4 months because of a knee injury. Now since November, I've been working out 5 days/week, which is still not as much as they do on the show. And I'm always sore!
Old 01-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #62  

Kelli did look really big around the midsection last night. If she had not regained her wt., they would have happily showed her full body shot. Caroline did look like she lost weight.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #63  

Once again I was motivated by TBL, last nite I am really looking forward to the next special edition!!
Last nite, I was rooting for the RED team, but I was also dissappointed by the attitude Sarah had.
Both teams accomplished so much, and they should be very proud of themselves for doing it.
As for Kelli, she may have put on a few, but as long as she keeps up all she has learned she will be just fine. We all have our ups and downs - the key is not staying down. Despite that, I still think she looks great - she HAS come a long way.

Anyways ladies, that is enough rambling on my part. I wish you all a wonderful day!!
Old 01-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #64  
DIVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
I thought that there was only a 7 lb. difference in weightloss between the women.....Rasha lost 70 lbs. at the final weigh-in and Sarah lost 77. Given that Sarah was almost 60 lbs. heavier than Rasha to begin with....if it were a competition between just the 2, Rasha had a bigger loss.

I thought that last night's show was slanted to show a more selfish side of the Red Team.....there was no good sportsmanship. Sarah was looking like an immature brat. (but that's what we are supposed to think?)

I don't think these couples scenarios are very "reality"...they are scripted for entertainment, and the part where sarah's parents "give" them an apartment looked too fakey.

WHAT happened to KELLY MINNER???? They didn't show many shots of her body until the end, and she looks much heavier, do ya think? Her arms and her midsection?
Marble, I did not want to be the first person to say it but Kelly did look like she's gained weight and they would only show the upper part of her body. She is still a far cry from what she weighed before. I think she always had a "bulky" body frame so her arms have always seemed big to me.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #65  
Movin on down the scale

I dont typically watch this show, and I caught both episodes of this special edition, I was suprisingly dissappointed in how uneven the teams were matched, since everyone knows that the MORE you NEED to loose the MORE you can loose, so of course the red team would loose more. I mean look how many people here plateau at 20-30 lbs near goal! I wish they would have made it a more fair game for the contestants. I thought both did awsome and indeed benefited from the show, but I think the playing field was definately unfair!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #66  

The unfair imbalance in this show, was my argument against the "men vs. women" thing on the last real Biggest Loser challenge. The men had so much more to lose, percentage-wise, than the women. Plus no matter what "studies" try and say, I know men lose weight faster than women. I see it all the time. Look at these couples, even. At the end, neither of the men looked like they needed to lose another pound, whereas the chicks still had more to go.

I definitely saw some rolls of fat around Kelly's waistline in one of the shots of her. She doesn't look terrible, but she looked like she shoulda hopped on that treadmill right next to Sarah. She was saying she's as tough a trainer as Jillian, but I think you should look like Jillian before you have the right to be
Old 01-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #67  
Movin on down the scale

Yeah, it is not right, they should have had them each within like 20-30lbs of each other as a couple, since the red team was close to 100lbs combined heavier.