The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #16  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

One of the things I enjoy most about BL is just looking at the body shapes, the form fat takes. I think red team girl - Sarah - must be really tall. She looks like she will end up having a lovely hour glass shape. I agree w/ the blue girl - Rasha? - doubts. There was something in the look she gave her fiance at one point that made me think he is in for some heartbreak out of her. I really like seeing all these young people getting a chance to take control. Jillian and Bob could not be anymore buff or better looking, could they?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #17  

I agree with all of you, about Rasha being a cry baby. She showed no happiness for the red team winning anything. Matter of fact, she appeared kinda rude, or so I thought. She will end up being really pretty when all is said and done. Her fiance has alot of work ahead of him (in living with her).
The guy on the red team was so happy when he found out how much he lost, that was awesome. Especially when he had told Jillian he never suceeded at anything....
I have NO IDEA why they made the couples get up there in shorts and sports bras - that was awful!
Can't wait for next week.....
Old 01-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #18  
Your Royal FATNESS

I don't like the blue team either for the girls attitude is horrendous !!!..
She looks like she realy was'nt into do it !
I could tell that the girl on the red team lost more weight then the girl on the blue team~...
I do believe that the red team will win...well at least i hope so
Old 01-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #19  
Your Royal FATNESS

i would venture to guess that the girl on the blue team dumps her fiance after this is all over ..
she just does'nt seem like she is in love with him
Old 01-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #20  

He'll be better off without her...
Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #21  

I didn't get the sense that they weren't in love, but the blue team girl definitely has some growing up to do. I'm not a materialistic person, so I really cringed at how much she was whining about wanting those rings. It also made me angry that she mocked her fiance's STRONG stance that he wouldn't even touch the cake. She acted like he was hurting her - when he's just trying to win her the $50k! (and get healthier!)

I hope for their sake, that working their butts off between this show and the show that air's next week, brought them closer as a couple, and changed the blonde's attitude.

As for Sarah, yeah, she looked like she must be 5'10" at least. That's probably why she carried the nearly 300 lbs fairly well on her frame.

My last point I'm going to make is that I'd mentioned before about the normal Biggest Loser season and how they should have therapists on the ranch to help people through their mental issues with food/weight as well, but was told nobody would want to see that. Well, the fiance on the red team was opening up to Jillian like he was laying on a couch! I think totally changing your lifestyle and seeing yourself as a different person is a huge emotional rollercoaster. I'm glad to see they at least have Jillian and Bob to talk to, in place of actual therapists. They are very caring people.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #22  

SmartButt - About the red team fiance opening up to Jillian, that was very touching and you could truly see Jillian's concern. At that point, I assume she wished there would have been a therapist available also....
A Miss Manners coach for little miss blue would have also been good.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #23  

Ya..I am hoping the red team wins too...

I loved when the girl from the red team got on the scale and when she realized she lost the 25 lbs...she said..." I fell off the treadmill for this"

That was realizing all that hard work really paid off.....
Old 01-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #24  
gotta lose it!

Star...no kidding. Rasha....what a spoiled little brat! There were times I hit the mute button because I couldn't stand listening to her!
I'm cheering for Sarah & Steve....they are in love - they just glow & are there for each other - how wonderful!!
I couldn't believe Sarah weighed that much either...she carries her weight well. What a beautiful bride she will be!!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #25  

Soon2BeFab - Where in MI do you live? Nice ring...don't let Miss Blue see it...lol
Old 01-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I agree Rasha with those rings was enough. At one point I was yelling at the TV! He'd be better off without her.

I can't believe Sarah lost 30lbs in 2 weeks, that would take me months! Yes, I know, it's a controlled enviroment where they work out for hours, but still...
Old 01-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #27  

Beth - Here you about the 15 pound a week loss - wow. I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see what is all involved. Then I would be a copy-cat....
Old 01-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #28  
prepare for the BEST time

I watched this last night too. I think the teams were chosen as opposites on purpose...(we all love to target the bad guy). They are from different parts of the country, different lifestyles, professions and ages.

Sarah is only 21 years old and she/he are students, newly engaged

Rasha and ? are a few years older (i said older not more mature) and have been engaged for 2 years.

What I took most interest in was Jillian's comment on Sarah's total lack of fitness. She had such difficulty adapting to any workout because she must have led a sedentary lifestyle for many years.....and she's a CHILD! (i'm sorry but I'd like to smack her parents)

I believe that this contributed to her drastic headstart, Jillian woke her body UP. She's got a classic hourglass in there somewhere, I hope it comes out.

Rasha's fiancee seems to be responding quickly also. I do think that Rasha is going to be the *slacker* and their team will be defeated, only because she seems to be stubborn about really wanting to change their lifestyle.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #29  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
A Miss Manners coach for little miss blue would have also been good.
Amen, sistah...
Old 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #30  

I love this show!!! And I do share ALL of your sentiments - esp. the part about lil' miss manners.... too funny!!
In the red team, I honestly saw their sincerity and also the love they had for eachother. When Sarah was struggling on the treadmill, I really did feel for her and her fiance, but what I did feel was bittersweet was Sarah seeing the fruits of all her intense labour. I will try to keep that in mind when I FEEL as if I am dying - during my workouts, that is - and focus on the results.
I really hope the RED team wins this one!!