3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67661-jillians-girls-exercise-journal.html)

angel-eyes 11-30-2005 01:43 PM

Welcome baaaack Emma!!! woohoo...you are doing awesome today!!!

I completed week 4 day 3 today. I had my rest day yesterday as dh was off, so I'm a little mixed up when today should have been my rest day. Afterwards I did 45 min of cardio ....WITH MY NEW HR MONITOR!!!....gosh love that little thing. I even ran for 8 minutes here and there and felt like an athlete today!!!:carrot: Totally pumped up from last nights show.....LOOK OUT!!!

ledom 11-30-2005 02:32 PM

Whew - just finished day 1/week 5. I did the workout right after lunch which was not the smartest thing I have ever done, made it HARD to do. But chalk it up, it's done!

Looking4TheWayOut 11-30-2005 02:57 PM

Angel, good for you! Thanks for the welcome back.

Ledom, boy, week 5 kicks it up a notch. More sets and jumping jacks with lateral raises! I was dying. :lol:

chick_in_the_hat 11-30-2005 02:59 PM

:cb: WTG Jillian's girls!! :cb:

I'm totally pumped from last night's show, too! I did Day 4 of Week 5 yesterday - I still can't do those :censored: mountain climbers for a minute...I have decided to just keep attempting them for a full minute with a short a break as possible. One thing - I never figured out what a cable cross over was....I just did another chest exercise in it's place. I still think it would be nice to have the page numbers of the exercises in the workout table....I posted it as a suggestion in questions for Jillian...

chick_in_the_hat 12-01-2005 12:42 AM

Woo Hoo - I survived week 5...

ledom 12-01-2005 09:06 AM

Hi all. Well, I just finished day 2 of week 5. I was really feeling it today. It took me abou 1 1/2 hr. to do. So, one thing I have noticed. When I first started the ab exercises felt next to useless. My form was all over the place, I was so winded that I couldn't really care too much how bad they were. My abs were never sore afterwards. I am beginning to feel the muscles working now, I think they were so non-existent that there was nothing to get sore. Yesterday I noticed my abs were actually sore.
So I think that is an improvement. I like todays set of exercises. Gina I know what you mean about finding the exercises in the book, it is hard. I also am missing some equipment that I would love to have but can't afford. Today I cross referenced some of the muscles I was working with Arnold's weightlifting book and found a substitute for low rows. Instead I did good mornings. I think I will be doing more of that type thing. I have been working out without a ball so today I think I'll pick one up since it is called for several times during weeks 5 & 6, I think I can afford that.

This was the earliest in the day that I have gotten around to working out and I must really get used to doing it. I actually seemed more energetic so I that is one good reason to get around. I'll be going back to work in Jan. so must learn to get up and get going.

Looking4TheWayOut 12-01-2005 10:15 AM

Week 5, day 2 DONE. The workouts are getting longer. It took me 48 minutes to do my 5-minute warm-up and all my circuit training leaving minimal time for straight cardio.

I go from one exercise right into the next. I'm very careful with form (I used to bodybuild) and I don't rush, but I don't rest either. So, this stuff is killing me. :lol:

angel-eyes 12-01-2005 12:12 PM

Way to go Emma and ledom !!! :cheer: I start week 5 on Monday so I will have to review the excercises soon. I don't want to be wasting time while doing them. Week 4 day 4 is put to bed. With the help from my trusty new heart rate monitor.....I did some treadmill running today!!! Yes you heard correctly!!! I tried a program 'cardio' usually I do a manual setting but this one levels the incline to adjust to your 'set' heart rate. HOLY COW....I was up at incline 13.6 and then got wise and raised my speed to bring that incline down. After awhile, I started to jog and it levelled out even more. Eventually, I was jogging for almost 25 minutes!!!! I AM SOOO PUMPED!!!! And all the while in my TARGET HEART RATE ZONE!!!! :coach: BOOOYAAAAA

happydaisy 12-01-2005 12:55 PM

Today is a rest day, but I did some walking and am planning some yoga tonight because my flexibility is seriously lacking. :)

chick_in_the_hat 12-01-2005 01:06 PM

ledom - I think it makes perfect sense to substitute exercises for something comparable. The point is still to get the blood moving...and it sounds like we are ALL pulling that off!! (Hard not to!!) :lol: That's one of the things I really needed - a guide to a workout for a while so that I could learn new moves and how to put them together....what's the proverb? Give a man a fish and he won't be hungry today, teach a man to fish and he will never be hungry again? Something like that...

I'm still giggling over this comment "I think they were so non-existent that there was nothing to get sore." ...it hit me a little too close to home, I think....:lol3:

Emma - you go girl!! Glad you are feeling better! :carrot:

angeleyes - Booyaaaa!!!!!!!! I'm still working on getting to jogging...I'm not sure the knees would be too happy about it.... :barf:

happydaisy - enjoy the yoga...I gotta try that someday! Anything to shut me up... :o

gin123 12-02-2005 08:51 AM

I'm only on week 1 but to all of you that have been doing this awhile how much weight or inches have you lost? I know everyone is different but I was just curious. I think all of you are doing a AWESOME job and keep it up.

happydaisy 12-02-2005 09:38 AM

Week 1 day 3 done. I didn't have to go to work too early today so I got it in in the morning. I feel so much better when I work out in the morning. Have a great day everyone! ;)

chick_in_the_hat 12-02-2005 01:57 PM

I've only lost 3 pounds in 5 weeks - but I wasn't losing at all before that...for a month...so hey it's all good! I can see muscles starting to appear under the flubber as well! I meant to measure myself - but I never got around to it. There is a weigh in thread in this forum as well...you can look and see how the others are doing. :)

angel-eyes 12-02-2005 03:44 PM

hey girls....

I was late in getting to the gym this morning and almost blew it off....I wanted so much to go back to bed after the boys went to school!!! BUT I DIDN'T!!! I did however leave Jillian's book at home so I just sort of winged it. Afterwards I did 30 min on the treadmill, for which I ran (a barely there jog) for 2 miles and 450 calories burned!!! :carrot: Love that!! So day 5 of week 4 is done. phew....now if only I can go back to bed:D

ledom 12-03-2005 10:07 AM

day 4 week 5 done. My arms can hardly hold up to type at the moment.

I haven't exactly clocked how much weight I have lost since starting. I was losing before - working out etc. and it all blurs together. But considering a week and a half vacation and Thanksgiving I'd say I've lost at least a lb. a week average. This morning when I weighed, day after weigh in day, I was down another 1 1/2 lb. we'll see if it stays off! I will say that this is the most effective workout I have ever done. I always read people posting about the fat melting off and I'd just say, huh?, never experienced that before. I am starting to feel that way now! Love ya Jillian.