The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #31  

In defence of the women: I'm sure they had reasons for their choice of Jen that we don't know about. And if I was surviving on 10 calories a day while working out for 12 hours and losing the challenge week after week, I think I'd be a little emotional at being called a dirtbag by some guy who was mad because he wouldn't be able to sniff around cute MARRIED Jen any more. And I think Suzie might have surprised everyone if she had been the one to make teams. Maybe not as selfless as Pete, but I think she would have been fair. And Seth reminds me of my ex: never give a woman a compliment if you can make her feel insecure instead...
Old 10-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #32  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Yeah, I also would like to defend the women. Mark's comment was that the women had voted off the best team mate the last 2 weeks. Well, that was easy for him to say since he hadn't had to vote any of his team off. He was a mess this week when he did have to vote off someone and he was self serving in that he voted off the person he thought would be the less threat to his own victory. I think last week when Suzy said that every week the elimination day was like going to a funeral for the girls and the guys had no appreciation of what they were going through. I thought that ALL the guys were stupid to walk out on the girls when they came into the room after the elimination. That must have been some drama to make the show interesting instead of honest reaction because I don't think they are all that immature.

The one thing I notice is that no matter what hateful things they say to each other, they seem to get over their grudges pretty well.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #33  

I think that they show The Biggest Loser on Bravo on Monday nights. At least here in Tucson is when it comes on.

Just trying to help anyone who missed the show or some of the show or who might want to check out Pete again!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #34  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Even DH was bawling by the end of the show....
Old 10-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #35  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I know that if I were Seth and Suzy and knew that I had immunity, I'd have drank at least a couple of litres of water right before weigh in. They'd still know how much weight they lost (just by subtracting the weight of the water they drank) and they'd have a few lb head start on weight loss for the next week. With knowing about immunity before the weigh-in, it just makes sense from a competition point of view to do what you can to reduce your weight loss for that week.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #36  

Mrs. Jim -
I'm sorry - ofcourse we don't really wan to know......let me go to the back of the class.......sorry!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:13 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Something else I forgot to mention that I noticed while watching them exercise. It could've just been the way they edited it but it looked like the women were smoking the men while working out. I don't know how many times I heard one of the trainers tell the men to step it up and keep pace with shannon, suzy, and andrea? What was up with that?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 PM   #38  
Chick

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser...ryscommentary/

Gary's commentary is up.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:44 PM   #39  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I love Gary's commentary. Listen to what he said about Pete:

Quote:
YOU ARE THE MAN! When you went home to your wife. WOW! You got me there. I had to rewind that like ten times because I couldn't get enough of how happy you and your wife looked together.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #40  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
I love Gary's commentary. Listen to what he said about Pete:
Just read it.

Pete is a perfect example of the old slogan "Still Waters Run Deep".

Gary was my favorite of Season 1 and Pete at this point, is my Season 2 fave! Both **class acts** IMO.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:38 AM   #41  

I started screaming when I saw how skinny Pete was...I didn't even recognize him at first!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #42  
Chick

People magazine is really keeping up w/ TBL this year. There is a great picture of "skinny" Pete in this weeks issue. He is a great example of how losing weight makes you look younger - the difference is stunning.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #43  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hehe....you just beat me to it!!! I just bought this weeks issue and saw Pete on the last page!!! Can't wait to read all about the hollywood crowd esp, Britney and Denise Richards. They both look pretty darn good for only having their babies 1-2 months!! Yikes....I'm still working on it and he's in second grade!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #44  

Pete is HOT! WOW, I mean I didnt realize how attractive he was when he was 401...350...anything, but when the showed the update on him...I was like, Dayum! LOL, excuse the language.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:56 PM   #45  

OH DANG NAB IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were only one episode behind here in australia, but monday we miss another week it will be 2 weeks behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now dying to see this last episode and now have to wait 1 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

And a week without my inspitation..... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(though the next biggest loser is going to be here in australia.... what a shocker!!!!)