The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #496  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

What about Jeremy going on and on about how unfair it is that the eliminated contestants get a chance to come back. Right up until he is eliminated and now he gets to compete for that third spot in the finale. Morals, huh? Right.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #497  

Quote:
I'm sorry, but how the **** does someone coming back GO AGAINST YOUR MORALS.
That's what I thought!! It's in the contract, did she not read the freakin' thing, and they do this every season, did they not watch the show before...I don't think she knows the definition of morals, because if she had any she would not had, laughed, rolled her eyes, snickered, etc, etc, at people throughout this whole season... I will definitely puke if she wins...

I LOVED that they brought every one back... So, they didn't want ONE contestant back , well here are 12 to compete against instead HA! Loved it!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #498  

I'm almost hoping Daphne or Adrian win the 3rd spot. Conda and Kim would not be happy campers.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
What about Jeremy going on and on about how unfair it is that the eliminated contestants get a chance to come back. Right up until he is eliminated and now he gets to compete for that third spot in the finale. Morals, huh? Right.
Amen and Hallelujah! Preach on! I totally agree...

I also loved how they pulled out the contracts signed by ALL contestants stating plainly that the eliminated contestants were going to come back, etc. Seems to me people should have read what they signed...

So does Kim have a legitimate shot of winning? I mean she weighs 147 pounds...

Last edited by MindiV; 04-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #500  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I think that weigh-in must have been for longer than a week also.
How in the world did Kim get 15lbs in a week? I don't even think that's possible with dehydration. They all had double digits. Makes me think it was maybe two weeks instead of one.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #501  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't wait to check in here this morning even though I don't normally post. I agree with so many of your comments -

Quote:
I can't get over all of their reasoning that it is about morals. Really? What morals? You signed a contract and agreed to all of it. Not to mention that they do it every. single. season.
Why do these contestants think they are so special compared to all the seasons before? This group acts so entitled it makes me sick. It hasn't been this bad since Heba of Season 5 and she paid the price when America voted her out of the finals.

Quote:
Some of the people who went home got sent home because they were a threat ...
These remaining contestants were talking about the "lack of morals" of the show but wouldn't that be a better term to describe their own actions every time they sent home a hard working individual who was showing results. That isn't any more fair to those people who don't have an alliance but are just working hard to lose weight. The show probably put the chance to return in to even the playing field and eliminate some of the impact of game play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
.... also a little sad at who left and who stayed.
I agree, I thought for sure that Mark and Buddy would be more sensible. But that lack of thought made me feel they don't deserve to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
And what about Mark's son? Didn't Mark want Chism to have a chance to get back in? Weird!
I was wondering that too. Mark seems like one of those people who always goes with his initial response and will "stand up for it" even when it doesn't make sense because he would rather cut off his nose to spite his face than admit he might be wrong.

Quote:
Then that whole comment [Conda] made about how Kim didn't deserve to be there.
Conda was the second laziest person in this group of contestants the whole way through - only second to Megan. She certainly doesn't deserve to be there instead of her brother who fell on the sword several times to keep her in. But Kim makes Jeremy look like a slug. If Jeremy really deserves to be there then he will have no problem winning the at home prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
Kim is in the finals. However, I'd love to know how she lost so much weight being she is practically at her goal weight. I'm going to have to guess she must have dehydrated herself or something
I was thinking the same thing. Whatever she did couldn't be healthy but at least she fought to stay in.

Does anyone else think that Buddy and Mark are idiots for leaving from a purely financial standpoint? Even if they don't agree with the show's rules don't they owe it to their family after being gone for four months to try to relieve some of the ecomomic hardship their absence must have caused?

I would love to hear others opinions on that.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #502  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

it probably was a 2 week weigh in. I'm not sure if Kim can pull off winning now, according to her wiki her weight when wrestling was 140... so she only has 7 pounds to go... usually they need a 50% loss to win. Conda could win if she steps it up a bit.
It really wouldn't be fair now if Jeremy wins himself back on after all the complaining and wanting to walk off. Hopefully whoever gets back on is someone who can pull this season up and wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
And what about Mark's son? Didn't Mark want Chism to have a chance to get back in? Weird!
I thought that was weird too... and Buddy's friend has a chance to come back, they should of been happy and stayed to motivate them
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #503  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Does anyone else think that Buddy and Mark are idiots for leaving from a purely financial standpoint? Even if they don't agree with the show's rules don't they owe it to their family after being gone for four months to try to relieve some of the ecomomic hardship their absence must have caused?

I would love to hear others opinions on that.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts excatly. If my husband came home and told me that he quit after a temper tantrum over an issue that had been clearly explained from day one and forfeited the chance of the $250,000 (and extra benefits from winning - I'm sure they get paid for guest appearances, etc.), I would kill him. Yes, I'd be happy at the weight loss - but you were in the final five and QUIT over NOTHING? My feelings were good riddance to Mark and Buddy. If they are that much of sore sports then I don't want to see them win anyway. Seriously, grow up.

Kim was a professional wrestler so probably knows all of the tricks for making weight. I don't mean to undervalue her accomplishment, but 15 lbs at her weight is suspicious.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #504  

Quote:
These remaining contestants were talking about the "lack of morals" of the show but wouldn't that be a better term to describe their own actions every time they sent home a hard working individual who was showing results.
Ok, I understand the «moral» part now me... And I agree about their own actions re: the hard working indivicuals who were sent home....

Quote:
I agreee!! Geez, I just kept thinking how childish they were and letting go of all that $$ ...

Now, are they allowed to come back to compete? Or because of breaking their contract they are not allowed... I can't remember if the lawyer or producers mentionned this last night... I would love to re-watch it but can't because I'm in Canada, unless someone can direct me to some site where I can watch it...
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #505  
Just watch me ...

I gave in and watched yesterday's episode. What a bunch! Ungrateful, childish nonsense. Plus, I'm reminded of all of the 'elimination' sessions where they all cried and hugged and went on and on about how they LOVED and cherished the people who were voted off (ha!), '...you're like a mother/daughter/son to me...'; '...you are so deserving to be here, I know you'll succeed' How soon we forget. What a soap opera this has become. And please enough with the promotions.....ugh.

But, even if this was 2-weeks worth of work...15 pounds? Weird.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #506  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Yep. It has crossed my mind on many occasions that Biggest Loser fudges the scales to skew the results. But, the results have rarely been as dubious as last night's weigh in. The weigh in that they show on TV isn't even the real weigh in. They are weighed earlier in the day, so that they can plan what order to show people weighing in and capitalize on the dramatic effect. I have heard that this was longer than one week. Even so, losing 15lbs at the end of the season when you are as tiny as Kim is now...it is really hard to believe.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #507  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I swear if I was Buddy's wife and he had left me at home alone with a brand new baby for 4 freaking months and then threw it away by throwing a temper tantrum I would kick his derriere from here to **** and back.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #508  
Just watch me ...

If I made to that stage of BL, I would be so working on making sure I had my ducks in a row so I would be 100% solid in my habits, backup support plans, etc when I got home. But these guys were really acting like prima donnas. And why do they need another 'present' for encouragement? I know the sponsors need to get in their stuff, but ... really?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #509  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
I gave in and watched yesterday's episode. What a bunch! Ungrateful, childish nonsense. Plus, I'm reminded of all of the 'elimination' sessions where they all cried and hugged and went on and on about how they LOVED and cherished the people who were voted off (ha!), '...you're like a mother/daughter/son to me...'; '...you are so deserving to be here, I know you'll succeed' How soon we forget. What a soap opera this has become. And please enough with the promotions.....ugh.

good point. How did they turn from these wonderfull people into people who were losers?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #510  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

I couldnt believe the fit that these people threw, like PP said these people that could come back were their friends and family members....its just sick that they had a tantrum over a game. I was embarrased to even watch and dont know if I can stomach another season like this one.