The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Ugh! So upset this season. Tuesdays used to be my favorite night to watch TV. Now i mostly fast forward thru the show. Still can't stand the sound of Conda's voice. now they are isolating Kim cause she is the biggest threat to them because she really cares about changing her body and making the most of this experience. I am warming up to her a bit. Still disapprove of her earlier behavior but she seems to have grown and is now getting a taste of what Adrian must have been feeling.

Don't like the way they are setting up the challenges. They seem to favor Conda and Jeremy. Why couldn't the challenge have been whoever got the most Lei's won immunity then it would have been every person for themselves. I don't believe even if Conda and Jeremy were working together in that scenario they could have beaten Kim or Mark.

Was glad to see Mark's comments to Kim, if they are sincere. I don't know that I trust him all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangel05 View Post
Fiyah: I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't rooting for Conda.

l
Lostangel-I don't think anyone beside her family is rooting for her. There are Facebook pages dedicated to dislike of Conda, & BL season 13 because of her.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #377  
focused and aiming

I had forgotten the show didn't start airing till after the holidays.

My husband and I blame Conda for all the negative attitudes on this season. She's like poison that spreads. Just saying.....
Old 03-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #378  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

There is a girl in my class that acts just like Conda. She even looks like her (shes about the size that Conda is now). It's actually really hard to deal with the snotty comments some days and I only see her once a week. It makes me believe that Conda must be really nice off camera or something because if she truly acts how she is portrayed, then I think everyone would have sent her home the first week in order to save their own sanity.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I was curious about Kim (have to cheer for someone), I know she said she was a pro wrestler before and I used to watch wrestling but I didn't recall ever seeing her. so of course youtube to the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkl7hAnnPzU can see where she gets her competitiveness here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcowhpUaNJ0

She was in good shape then, so no wonder her body is snapping back into shape quickly now. Maybe that's why she is viewed as a threat on the show since she could probably make it back down to her fighting weight.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #380  
SanityNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
I was curious about Kim (have to cheer for someone), I know she said she was a pro wrestler before and I used to watch wrestling but I didn't recall ever seeing her. so of course youtube to the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkl7hAnnPzU can see where she gets her competitiveness here...

She was in good shape then, so no wonder her body is snapping back into shape quickly now. Maybe that's why she is viewed as a threat on the show since she could probably make it back down to her fighting weight.
Oh yeah, they're in trouble. Hope she makes it to fw - how great would that be.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 204/185/145

That is so awesome you found Kim on youtube. She is my favorite by far! Gives me motivation every week to push harder
Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #382  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post

And she could kick Conda's you-know-what.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #383  
focused and aiming

Kim's my fav, too. Have you noticed she doesn't cuss like she used to do? That was my main turnoff to her earlier. And she won the cookoff!! I am so happy for her.

Did you hear Conda's remark that she does all the cooking for everyone at the ranch? Maybe that's why they are keeping her there.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #384  

Height: 5'5

did you see the mention that meagan asked conda to be a bridesmaid? sounds like them trying to make us see conda as a nice person again.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #385  
Ilene the Bean

Sandra, I didn't like Kim for that cussing reason either... I think she's softened up all around...

Super happy that Kim, won the cook-off, lost weight and got the money...I too am liking her more and more... ... I agree that Kim is snapping back quite fast to her formerly athletic body, she will look hot at the finale...

Was HAPPY that Conda did not win the cook-off, was PISSSSED that she lost weight though... DH noticed that Megan said that she would have Conda as a Bridesmaid .... with friends like Conda, who needs enemies .....
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #386  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
Thanks. I have not watched the episode yet.
Ooops sorry about that ...
Old 03-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #387  
Katrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
Thanks. I have not watched the episode yet.
Why would you look into a thread about a show that aired last night then lol? Totally going to be spoilers!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #388  
Katrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Sandra, I didn't like Kim for that cussing reason either... I think she's softened up all around...

Super happy that Kim, won the cook-off, lost weight and got the money...I too am liking her more and more... ... I agree that Kim is snapping back quite fast to her formerly athletic body, she will look hot at the finale...

Was HAPPY that Conda did not win the cook-off, was PISSSSED that she lost weight though... DH noticed that Megan said that she would have Conda as a Bridesmaid .... with friends like Conda, who needs enemies .....
My husband was sad that it was Megan who went home. He finds her very attractive and wanted to see her lose more weight. He rarely watches the show and even he dislikes Conda.

I am really not shocked about Mark though. He's almost at his goal weight (maybe 10 pounds over depending on height?). Not much room for him there!

Last edited by Candeka; 03-28-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I got the feeling Jeremy didn't put more effort into the cooking challenge because he was going to let Conda win...or was hoping she'd win
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #390  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
Why would you look into a thread about a show that aired last night then lol? Totally going to be spoilers!!!
I wasn't thinking ahead. My fault totally.