Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 6 (10/01-10/07)

Hi everyone,

Well I lost 1.8lbs this week so that's good....I think we had some good losses so I won't make the list but Im happy I lost. Congratulations to everyone who lost this week and can you believe we are now in week 6.

Hope you all had a great day, I pretty much watched TV all day. I did do a good workout where I burned off 625 calories and so far today (its 10:10pm) I have not even eaten that many calories Not that that's okay or anything I was starving before my workout but didn't want to eat and after I drank so much water I only ate half of my supper....having grapes and a fibre one bar now.

Well it's supposed to snow here on Wed and that means the first snow and typicially lots of accidents.....and I fly out that morning to conference....not wanting to drive or fly in that. Im a little scared. I don't really like to fly and I've been good up to now not to freaked out yet.....then I watch the season premiere of Gray's Anatomy tonight and now I'm freaked out. Anyone want to go for me.

Well off to bed soon I have to work in the morning.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #2  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

I forgot to post my weight sorry ladies! I looked through the weigh in thread and somehow in my mind i had entered my weight...very silly of me

I am yoyoing like crazy, all i can think of that is different is some days i need lots of anti-Inflammatories and pain killers. Earlier in the week i was down 3.1, i ended on sunday with a gain of .7!!! Im heading in the wrong direction

congratulations Evangeline, a new grandson, very exciting
angie oh so close! Next week you will smash that BMI
pagelynn you hit the trifecta! Congrats on your loss, raise and fir graduating
missjean YAY! Im so pleased for you, well done
bigmid he he dont you just love a good spending spree? Perhaps at conference you can wear one of the dresses. The flight will be fine im sure. The episode hasnt aired here yet, the ads look very dramatc though.

Have a great week all
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #3  

Morning blue team,
Well this morning I'm down another 1.6lbs....WOOHOO. Now if I can resist all the yummy food for three days I should be somewhat okay. Last year I ate bad but we went out dancing the last night so I only came back with a gain of 2lbs. Must go dancing again this year. I usually put on 5

Tkkoz - that's why I bought the dresses but then when I found this last red dress and for $20.00 I had to get that one for the conference. Mind you at home it doesn't have the same wow factor.....I need the store mirrors at my house....don't know what they do to them that makes you look better.
I hope your feeling better soon. Anti inflammatory meds can really cause some side affects and just feeling tired or sore can make the weight fluctuate a lot. Hang in there.

Well better finish getting ready for work have a great day everyone.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #4  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Congrats everyone on our losses!!!

Tkkoz - Thank you! I had an awesome week for sure. Now if I can get out of the 180's I will be extremely happy lol!

Bigmid - Good luck with your conference. I am jealous lol. I would love a job that had conferences to travel to. But then again I love my job so I guess I'll stick with it lol.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #5  

Congrats everyone!

Thank you Tania! No worries about the check in, I almost did the same thing last week haha! That's what freebies are for I suppose. I know it's really discouraging to see the scale bump up, but you're not completely heading in the wrong direction! Staying committed regardless of what the scale says means you're right on track. Painkillers always make me hold water for some reason, so you're probably still down!

Bigmid, snow already?! Wow, that's nuts. Even as an avid lover of Lost, I'd happily trade places and go for you Congrats on the loss!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Hi blue team!
I have been sick the last couple of days. I haven't been watching calories because I feel so crappy. Hopefully I dont gain too much this week... I can just use a freebie if its really bad
Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #7  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

I did it! I got under 180! Now if I can keep it and keep losing lol! Yesterday I got the final diagnosis of PCOS. I knew I was borderline at 18 but after an ultrasound last next week, it was confirmed I have multiple cysts on both ovaries. Nothing being done except progesterone one week a month to ensure monthly cycles. My doctor said it would be harder to lose weight but doesn't doubt I can do it. I even got up this morning with enough time to workout! Good luck today everyone!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #8  
Ready to lose

hi all,

bigmid, store mirrors are amazing things, I'm not sure if it is the mirrors themselves or their lighting. either way, Im with you, give me one at home . i hope the conference is going well
thanks missjean, hopefully it is the meds causing it and that my body gets used to them...very frustrating either way
angie i hope you feel better soon
pagelynn congratulations!!! so very happy for you

well im back at work after a week off (i just love school holidays), thankfully it is friday tomorrow . i have been miss procrastinator at work, which of course i will pay for next week when i will be super busy .
Old 10-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Blue Team !
Hope everyone is having a great week... hope you're feeling better Angie and way to go Pagelynn ! It's been a good week on this end... been more active this week and it makes me feel much better mentally when I am. I have a hike tomorrow, an 8 mile walk on Saturday then going to visit a friend on Sunday.
Have a great rest of the week Team !
Old 10-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #10  

Hey everyone, hope your week has been going great so far! I had a really bad emotional eating day yesterday so I was surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning (just to check) and it hadn't bounced up as expected. Anyway, that was all the reassurance I needed so I won't be flying off the handle thankfully. However my body is REALLY feeling the effects of all that bad food, so today I'm doing a partial water fast to help my body reset itself, which will be easy since I have zero appetite anyway. Never thought my old favorites would make me feel this way, especially since I ate way less than I used to in one sitting. I'm happy about that, though - lesson learned!

Edit: Just a heads up, had my username changed! Missjean here

Last edited by thinkfit; 10-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #11  

Hi everyone well so far conference has been okay, I have eaten my meals with salad taking up half the plate and I have skipped all the desserts. However for some reason I felt the need to drink tonight....I don't drink especially at these things yet here I am typing and still felling tipsy. Crazy can't ave a loss this way.....must go dancing to burn it off tomorrow.

Im not doing personals as it 1am.

I did win a camera tonight though. The teenest camera ever.

Havev great night and I'll talk to you all later.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #12  

I haven't been doing anything extremely wrong this week or extremely right and the scale just sits there looking at me. I sure hope I'm having a little bit of water retention and I will see some movement tomorrow (my personal weigh-in day) since it didn't move last week.

If it doesn't than I'm going to need to up my exercise. I have signed up for a couple of classes they are offering at work, a yoga/pilates one and a boot camp. I decided I would sign up for both since the last two times the boot camp we didn't get the minimum number needed to hold the class. The yoga seems to have better luck so I WILL add more exercise to my routine next week one way or the other.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #13  
Ready to lose

Ive posted my weight today as i dont want a repeat of the last 2 weeks. I intend to update this tomorrow (for my sunday weigh in).
Even though i missed the official posting time twice, ive been weighing in and placing my weight on the board. The weight difference i am placing this week is from my last 'legal' weigh in and not from last week (shame as its a bigger difference from last week ).
Best of luck with weigh ins
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Had a wonderful day yesterday hiking, kayaking and visiting with good friends. Here is a picture of me in the kayak. The mountain behind us is the one we climbed to the top of right before we got in the water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rattlesnakekayak.jpg (81.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #15  

Good idea Tania, that is why I post on Saturday, so if I forget I have time to finally remember.

Leslie , u impress me so with all your activity. Makes me want to go on a hike.