Old 08-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 1 (08/27-09/02)

Well hello and welcome to all of the new and returning Blue Team members. The time is here again where we can come to chat and cheer each other on in all of our weight loss efforts and to be there for one another when we are hitting the rough patches.

I'm out of town right now but will come back and post every chance I get.

A reminder as we are getting the ball rolling here we can get chatty (which is awesome by the way) but I may not be able to do personals during the firs week or two.

Just know I do read everything just may not get a chance to respond to everything.

Well here we go

Just to give a quick history I have done I think 6 of these challenges now and this is the 7th. I did very wll the first 3 then had a couple low moments and the last one went well at the end. I'm hoping to be at goal soon (before the challenge even ends) and then lose a couple more if I feel that I can do that as well as maintain.

I'm 45, single and live in Calgary AB. I work some crazy hours sometimes and can get a little stressed with work. I bought a treadmill in Feb 2012 and love having it. It's a pretty fancy one where I can run anywhere in the world with google maps and the ifit technology. I have the app too so when I do my own run outside (which I enjoy more in this nice weather) then I can send that route to my treadmill to do indoors the next time I want to.

Anyway that's enough about me......Let's all get to know each other a bit better as this first week of challange begins.

Remember that when you sign in for the Blue team WI thread that you only edit it every time and not put a new post in. Also please remember to put the weight in that you have beside your name in the team announcement thread.

You must also post in the chat thread at least once during the week in order to have a chance at being the biggest loser. You must also post your weight by Sundays at 6pm central time. You can post your WI on whichever day you weigh yourself but no natter what 6pm central is the deadline.

You have 2 freebies to use at any time during the challange or if you miss a WI you will be put in for a freebie. Three times and your eliminated from the challenge as on official member.

GO BLUE

Last edited by Bigmid; 08-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #2  

Hey everyone! I am so so excited that I got in on the Biggest Loser Challenge this time around! I've been wanting to do this forever but I always seemed to miss the deadline or come around in the middle of a challenge. I would've been happy to be on either team but I'm glad I got blue; it's my favorite color plus it just has some good vibes haha. Hmm, about me.. I'm 19, and I've been overweight my entire life. I've never known what it's like to be thin and healthy. I recently saw season 8 of the biggest loser where [spoiler alert!] Amanda was a finalist. Her story was very close to mine, and to see a girl my age that I could relate to so much do so well was really inspiring! I know I can (and will) do it too! I don't have a blog on here but I recently joined the 'fitblr community' on Tumblr and it's kind of amazing. My url on there is nothingworksunlessyoudo. My goal for this challenge is to lose 30 pounds - that rounds out at about 2lbs a week, so I feel it's very attainable for someone my size. I'm finally going to start taking advantage of all this free time I have - instead of sitting around being whiney about having nothing to do, I'm going to become 100% dedicated to taking care of myself!

Your treadmill sounds amazing! I'm going to start saving up to buy one, I originally wanted a recumbent cycle but I don't want that to become obsolete once I start getting lighter and don't NEED to use that kind, you know? A treadmill seems like a much better investment in the long run.

Last edited by thinkfit; 08-28-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: added a little more about me :)
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #3  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

HELLO BLUE TEAM!!!!!

I can't tell you all how excited I am to get this challenge started!!!!

My name's Courtney. I'm married, have 2 kids, several pets, and live in Georgia. I love to bowl, read, sew, crochet, and hangout here on 3FC. I recently was promoted at work to a sales position. I'm literally the ONLY person on the sales team who is fat. I absolutely REFUSE to be the token fat girl at work. I've been working on losing weight and getting healthy. So far I'm down 23 pounds but I have a VERY long way to go.

My office has a gym that I go to on my lunch break. There are various cardio machines and weight machines up there. I've got a friend at work who goes and works out with me on our lunch breaks. It's really awesome to have a gym buddy! She keeps me accountable and makes me go up even when I don't feel motivated to work out. She rocks!

My goal for myself is to lose 30 pounds during this challenge. My family is also taking a vacation to Disney World right at the end of the challenge. In fact, we're leaving on Wednesday 11/21 so I'll have to weigh in early for the end of the challenge. I won't have my scale with me at Disney World.

I use My Fitness Pal for logging my food and exercise so I won't be making use of the nutrition and exercise threads posted here. Feel free to friend me on there if you'd like to see what I eat and what workouts I do.

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you and cheering all of you on as you reach your goals! We can do it!

GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!!

Last edited by HealthyMeWannabe; 08-26-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 08-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #4  

Welcome missjean I'm glad you got to make it to the challenge on time. These are a great source of help in getting to our goals. The treadmill is great to have and was really nice when the sidewalks were full of snow and ice here. The bike is a good workout too and if that's what you decide on I don't think you'll be sorry. It's all what you think you'll use more though. I have an elliptical that just kinds of sits and keeps the treadmill company

HealthyMeWannaBe - welcome to the challenge. That's awesome that you have a gym at work and a workout buddy. That would be so nice. Good luck with your 30lb goal.

Well I have to lose 10lbs by Oct 1st as I have this challenge going on with the ifit company (treadmill software) and I had lost 3 so 7 to go but I've been at my brothers (as my dads here visiting) for 2 days and we gave eaten out so much I've been about 2000-2200 calories for three days now. SoI think I'm back up again. So sad takes weeks to lose and just days to put on again. Doesn't help I'm on holidays. I have been working out but not good enough for the amount of food I'm consuming. I'm feeling the belly again.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #5  
Starting over...again!

Bigmid - It's so unfair how easy it is to gain but so hard to lose weight, isn't it? I know that having a planned "cheat day" sets me back a pound or two every time so I try not to do that anymore. It's too tough for me to deal with the constant scale fluctuations. Good luck kicking those 10 pounds to the curb by 10/1! You can do it!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! BLUE TEAM ROCKS!!! Yep, I'm shouting and yelling at the top of my lungs, ha, ha.

I'm Isabella, a retired teacher. I have 2 grown married sons and one grandson and a new grandbaby on the way in February. I have done several BL challenges but most of them were a few years ago except for the last one we did this past spring/summer. I'm hoping to lop off a few more pounds during this challenge and start fitting into my "skinny" clothing again. I can gain weight by simply smelling food. Well, it's not the smelling exactly, it's the eating after the smelling that does it. I tend to want to eat at night which is an awful thing as it starts me on a binge. I'm just so much better if I don't eat a single bite after supper and I feel much better in the morning. I'm trying this time around to eat a hefty breakfast with a light dinner (lunch) and an even lighter supper. You know the old saying, "Breakfast like a queen, dinner (lunch) like a princess, supper like a pauper." (I've modified the gender, lol.) I find that a substantial breakfast leaves me feeling so much fuller during the day and I don't feel as hungry at night. I'm still going to keep my calories between 1200-1400 per day. Anyway we'll see how that goes.

I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted and acquainted with all you Blue Team members over the next few weeks and wish everyone a successful loss.

Last edited by retiredone; 08-27-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Blue Team !

Really excited for the start of this challenge.... it's been a whirlwind of a Summer but I'm hoping it will settle down a bit as we get into Fall then Winter.

My name is Leslie, I'm 46 and married. We live in Seattle right now but are in the process of moving to Boston. I will be on the West Coast until the Spring but my husband is going next week. Both of us did a weight loss program through our gym last year and have been able to get very active and lost quite a bit of weight. He now runs marathons and I walk half marathons... both regular and trail. Our next scheduled race is the Rock'n'Roll in Las Vegas this December. It's been a crazy few months and I have fallen back a bit on my eating so this challenge is perfect timing.

Looking forward to seeing all the familiar faces and meeting all the new ones !

Have a great week one team !
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #8  
Starting over...again!

Good Monday morning Blue Team!

Today I woke up with the beginnings of a cold. Yuck! I sound like a NyQuil commercial. Aching, sniffling, sneezing...nasty. Still I am not going to let that derail me. I will have an on plan day in spite of this cold.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Yah BLUE TEAM!
Hi! I am very excited for this challenge because I have been STALLED.
I am 29 years old and live in Missouri. I work in a biochemical lab so I stand alot but I dont move around alot. For physical activity I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. I exclusively take classes because they really work for me. I guess I need someone telling me what to do!
Activity is not hard for me though.. I struggle with FOOD. I have a food obsession that I am slowly but surely overcoming. The last 2 months my weight has been flat because I let my eating get out of control. Not any more! I am going to stick on track for my end of the year goal!

I look forward to reading everyone's stories!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #10  

HealthyMeWannabe - My goal for this challenge is 30 pounds too! Having a gym buddy definitely helps, right now I'm on my own but I know from past experiences that having someone else depending on you makes a huge difference! Also - aw man, it really sucks to be sick. Good for you for keeping at it regardless!

Bigmid - Thank you! The treadmill is a lot more expensive, but I'm pretty sure it would be used more. Like your elliptical, I have a stairstepper and a stationary bike that serve as hangers haha. Good luck on the 10lbs, you can do it!

Isabella - I have trouble with eating at night too. Any time I eat after dinner, it's crazy hard not to binge! Lately I've just been going for an apple or something like it if I really feel hungry.

Leslie - You're a huge inspiration to me! Great job so far, you've accomplished so much already!

angie7896 - My problem is food too. Here's to working our butts off and staying on plan!

Today I sat down and mapped out an exercise schedule for the month and I plan on sticking to it very strictly! Just gotta make sure I get my diet in line and this is going to be amazing. I haven't done my 'workout' yet today, but I HAVE been cleaning all day so I've definitely been moving haha.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon everyone. The summer challenge was my first and it really helped me to stay accountable. I really didn't think I was doing all that well until I got to the end. I consistantly lost a pound here and there but when it all added up it ended up to be a really nice weightloss over a relatively short period of time. So I'm really looking forward to doing it again during the fall.

I wasn't terrebly fat as a young person but I was a farm kid and solid as a rock so the scale was on the high end of normal. Worked hard and eat plenty. That didn't work after I got married, had a desk job and a couple of kids. My weight really skyrocked after my second one and it has been a battle ever since.

I was born and raised in NY, moved to NM because of my ex-husband's job and lived there for 10 years, on to AZ for 20 years and now live in TX thx to my job. My husband is a native AZ so we probably will relocate back to AZ once we retire but that is a few years away. I have 2 daughters, 3 granddaughters and before the challenge is over I should have my first grandson. I have 6 step children and a dozen step-grandkids and even two step-great grand child.

I have a whole gym at home. I really don't like going to a gym, I would rather workout at home so over the years I've added to my collection until I have a pretty well equiped gym of my own. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to get up and climb onto the eliptical at 4am with bedhair and not care because it's just you and the equipment (and probably the morning news).

Well that certainly is enough of me. Best of Luck on the Challenge you bunch of losers.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #12  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hey, everyone! I'm Gina, 24, and hoping to finally make some decent progress when it comes to weight loss. I, like others, have been battling my weight my entire life. Would be nice to beat it once and for all. Super excited to be part of this challenge, and part of the blue team! Sorry for a short first post, but I am so tired right now- on my way to bed. I just wanted to make sure I poked my head in here today!

HealthyMeWannabe - I added your blog to my blogs to follow on blogspot! I sent you a friend request on MFP, too!

LeslieB - Good luck on your move to Boston! I live about 15-20 minutes north of Boston. It's OK around here. Hope you like it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! GOOD LUCK to everyone!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #13  

Go Blue TEAM!!! Looking forward to this challenge. I also did a couple of these back in 2008 and loved the team competition and accountability. I usually work out during the lunch hour and a bit at home. I work full time and have a busy family so it can be tough to stick to a good eating and exercise plan.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #14  
Starting over...again!

GOOD MORNING BLUE TEAM!!!!

T0rn - Thanks! I'll most definitely check your blog out too!

I'm still sick as a dog and wish I could stay home today but I know I can't. I'm covering for a coworker who has been on vacating since the 22nd. Her stuff won't get done and neither will mine if I call in. I'm just going to suck it up and go in (again).

I'm going back to bed for a half hour before I have to get up. See y'all later.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #15  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up hello

Hi Everyone

I joined this BLC Challenge to get myself to start moving and it helps if I am accountable, so this is great.

I've struggled with weightloss for decades. I've worked very hard at finding out what works for me and I seem to be doing ok since re-committing last November, right after my birthday. Something has changed and I now am willing to take it slow, to do it right, to make it a permanent change instead of rushing to the finish line and then *boing* bouncing right back up.

I've been more active over the last few months but this challenge will require me to step it up consistently. Good! I'm glad to be among a bunch of other people doing the same thing.

Yay!

My goal for the challenge is 23.5lbs bringing me to 230, a number I have not seen in a long long time. I can't even remember when. I'm looking forward to re-visiting it for a *short* time, and then moving on down past it

Last edited by onebyone; 08-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.