Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 11 (07/09-07/15)

Here are the initial results for week 10- leslieb (Blue Team Leader) will post the official results here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...y-results.html

As a team we gained 5.5 lbs or +0.28%!!

Biggest Loser:
shanhat81 (-2.6 lbs, 1.658 %)

Honourable Mentions:
wuv2bloved (-3 lbs, -1.35%)

riddy (-1.9 lbs, -0.99%)

canuckgirl7 (-1 lbs, -0.53%)

We lost 2 more members and are now down to 11 official members.

Okay ladies- let's pour on the steam and get throughout the next 3 weeks!
Summer is kicking into high gear!! Let's finish what we started.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Looks like we're back on the roller coaster!

Congrats shanhat, wuv, and canuckgirl!

I'm guessing now that I'm officially only 0.7 pounds away from 100 pounds lost, that I will only lose 1/2 pound this week. Seems to be my pattern - I have a couple/3 really good weeks that take me almost to a milestone, then my body makes me wait a couple weeks to cross the line. But maybe the couch to 5K will break the pattern this time. I can only hope, and stay on plan all week.

BTW Mel, I love that most of the weeks I get an honorable mention you give me the - it's my favorite celebrating smiley.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- Congratulations to Shanhat, Wub2bloved, Riddy and Canuckgirl....your losses encourage and inspire.

yes, there is a roller coaster, but I admire our courage that we do not stop riding it. We don't give up. I'm not happy to know others face the roller coaster I have been dealing with. I always like to think others are being completely successful.....but this does teach me that struggling with the ups and downs of weight loss are universal.

I just finished 4 weeks of filling in as church pianist -- and I'll be happy to see the regular gal back next week and go back to my seat in the choir. While I enjoyed it, the hours of preparation and practice on top of my regular job have taken a toll. From the moment I took on that project I sacrificed my time, focus, plans for weight loss, health and fitness. While it was good to donate my time, focus, etc., I just need to put myself on project status BEFORE I add anything else.

I do admire everyone's focus. My weight is up, so I haven't been posting it (and not required since unofficial member), but I still need to accomplish my "unofficial" goals these next three weeks to prepare for the next challenge.

Riddy - You are so close to your 100 pound goal. And this is good you have seen how your body reacts to weight loss, and you are being patient with that process.....that's important, I can see if you let impatience rule you while waiting for the numbers on the scale it could lead to your loosing your focus.

Also Riddy, how have you been doing since you got hurt? Are you feeling better yet?

As I think about this -- the one thing I've seen on the threads that produced success is FOCUS....when you lose you are focused....when focus is lost, it interferes with the plan, and leads to loss of focus.....

So I need to FOCUS....focus....focus.....

Speaking of focus....I did purchase some relaxation -- welll.....hypnosis tapes that I've been listening to. They are by Tom Nicoli -- they really do help relax me, and I'm hoping they will help me with focus as well. I'll keep you posted.

Everyone have a great Monday -- hope the weather is nice and cool wherever you are.....

Old 07-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Congrats to the losers!! So sorry I contributed to the weight gain this week. Starting my exercise regime this week. So hopefully will see a great number on Sunday!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Congrats to shanhat, wuv, Riddy and Canuck!! You all did well this week.

I'm happy I held my own and didn't gain. After 9 days of Summerfest with beer and fried eggplant every night, plus dropping the Jillian workouts for the week, I'd say maintaining was a huge success. By tomorrow, all my guests will be gone and I can start fresh.

Be strong and have a great week red team!

Last edited by zogo; 07-09-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Congrats to everybody, This will likely be my only post for the week as I will be heading to California tomorrow night and won't be able to weigh in.

I hope everyone has a good week
Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to the losers!

Held steady this week. Wish I had lost, but I didn't really deserve it. I even thought it would be up with TOM and everything. Had our first weigh in for the BL at work. I don't like weighing dressed or after breakfast, lol. My goal for this week is to drink my water everyday (6-20oz bottles), eat a salad once a day, exercise 6x, and keep my calories about 1500/day. I'm looking to lose 3lbs this week.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey Elizabeth, I'm fine! I didn't get hurt - maybe you're thinking of selway?
Glad your guest pianist stint went well - now back to working on you! I admit I've sacrificed some stuff since I got serious last April. I can't do it all; at least not all at once. Like, my house is a wreck. Not really dirty, but very cluttered. I moved the dining room table and emptied out a closet in October when I had a new furnace put in. Yeah, the boxes are still in the corner of the living room, and the table is too covered in crap to move back to where it belongs. Maybe I'll have a 100-pound party that will force me to pick the place up.

zogo - mmmmm, fried eggplant! Other than a french fry I swiped off a friend's plate last week, I can't remember the last time I ate fried ANYTHING. Wow - I didn't realize that til just now.

I have a checkup on Thursday. Last time I saw the doc he was VERY happy with my progress, and said he'd be happy if I could get under 200 pounds. Done! Can't wait to tell him what I weigh!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Hi Red Team !

If anyone is interested in becoming the leader of the Blue Team for the next challenge (it will start the end of August) please let me know. I have way too much on my plate right now to keep the leadership and I have not been focused nearly enough on the Team. CanadaMel, Bigmid and I will help with the transition and help in any other way we can if you would like to lead.

Please let me know if you might be interested.

Thanks Team and have a great week !
Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hewwwwwwwwwwooooooooo everyone.....

Sooooo I'm looking around to see who is going to jump up and volunteer to be the leader of the Blue Team....one of you who are experienced with these challenges would be GREAT to do that.....we could volunteer you even!!! I KNOW -- let's volunteer the person who loses the most weight!

I had a good day. It was a crazy day (two trips to elderly mama's house -- but ladies, let's not go there, I just figure sometime in my life I asked God to teach me patience and this is how I'm going to finally learn it), but it was a day without binge eating. And it was a stressful day even. Last night I couldn't sleep and was listening to my positive reinforcement weight loss relaxation cd's over and over, and it has helped today. I didn't reward myself with food today, and I did errands and stocked my kitchen with the healthy stuff I need and didn't bring home junk.....and I did a lot of walking today also, so got in some exercise.

So Riddy, glad to hear you are okay.....guess I got it mixed up.....so SELLLLLWAYYYYYYYYYYYY how you feeling -- all better yet?

And Riddy -- we're with you in spirit on that last 0.7 pound.....way to go....let us know the very SECOND it's gone so we can celebrate with you.

Zogo -- fried eggplant??? be still my heart....love that...love eggplant tempura....good for you for keeping some focus and holding steady during a time of beer/eggplant/guests.....I'm impressed you do a Jilliam workout....that would KILL me.

Canuckgirl -- have a great time i California -- warning -- it's very hot here. Have fun!

Maryshady -- hang in there -- you'll do it this week...

Montecristo -- good for you for holding steady -- and I like your focus for the week -- you have clear goals and you've stated them here....

Okay gang, it's Monday night -- Montecristo threw down the goal gauntlet -- let's drink water, eat salads (healthy food), keep an eye on our food (calories, carbs, however we each watch the intake), and exercise....and when we've done that.....REPEAT!!

Red Team Hug

PS!!! LeslieB says above the next challenge begins the end of August -- YAYYYY -- I'll be able to be a REAL and OFFICIAL....OH MY GOSH -- I'd better get my act in a hurry PRONTO! I'm going to use the challenge as an excuse to not be able to volunteer for ANYthing extra other than work for 3 months and just work on ME.

Last edited by Elizabeth779; 07-10-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: to add P.S.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #11  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to all of the losers! Sorry everyone for my big gain that threw off our numbers last week. I didn't want to not weigh in and drop out of the challenge because it does keep me motivated and on track. I was shocked to see that number on the scale - I knew I had eaten things that I shouldn't have, but 10 lbs in two weeks?!!! Ouch. So, back to what was supposed to be a lifestyle change. It seems like if I am not starving myself I gain at an exceptional rate. Ugh, will have to get that figured out.

Elizabeth - thank you for asking, I am getting better. I was able to do a full 30 minute workout today for the first time since the fall, so that felt good. I worked a full day yesterday so that felt like progress as well. I'm glad to hear that your temporary assignment went well. Now, make time for you!

Riddy - Nice job! Your doctor is going to be really impressed!

MonteCristo - Good luck on your BL Challenge at work!

Zogo - You must have your body tuned in. Summerfest, no workouts and no weight gain - that is impressive!

I hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump day all!

Canuck- enjoy your time in California

Selway- glad to hear you are getting back to work & able to workout again.

Zogo- well done! Mmm, eggplant sounds yummy.

Riddy- you doc will be wowed when he sees you. Glow in your continued success!

Monte- I'd rather be weighed with my clothes on in front of my co-workers than butt naked! LOL!!

Okay- need some ideas on what to call the fall challenge- I've got Back to Basics on my mind, but am open to all ideas!

Have a great day. Drink your water & make positive choices.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
Monte- I'd rather be weighed with my clothes on in front of my co-workers than butt naked! LOL!!
Well, if you put it that way, I'd have to agree. I just didn't realize my clothes weigh 3lbs!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #14  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Red Team members and CanadaMel, who asked the question of a name for the fall. I'm a Blue Team member and I like the name "Back to Basics" but after what I just ate it should be called "A Slap Up the Side of My Head Challenge." LOL The fall season is a time when lots of people get back to basics like school or work after a vacation and for us, all those good eating and exercise habits that may have been set aside during the heat of the summer.

Oh, yes, all the best for a great week.

Last edited by retiredone; 07-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Hi I like the name "Back to Basics" but after what I just ate it should be called "A Slap Up the Side of My Head Challenge." LOL
rofl...that's too funny!

Elizabeth...you are such a great honorary member

My out of town guests finally all left and I started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution again yesterday. I can really tell that I skipped 6 days! After tomorrow, I will be past level 1 and I'm so afraid Level 2 is gonna kick my butt.