Old 12-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Fall Frenzy 2011 Chat Week 12 (12/5 -12/11)

Hi Team-
Well we had a rough week-
Though some members did quite well- Keep up the good work.
Two weeks left- Let's finish strong.
Here are our team numbers:
Team totals
(gain of +2.5 lbs, +0.10%)

Biggest loser:
lukesmom (-1.4lbs, -0.77%)

Honourable Mentions:
Bette K (-1lbs, -0.44%)
Rated (-0.6lbs, -0.40%)
peanutt (-0.6lbs, -0.39%)

Last edited by CanadaMel; 12-04-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

yikes!!!! ok red team....lets do better next week!!!!
woot woot!!!
GO RED!!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Looks like Thanksgiving got to the Red Team. Only one thing to do in the face of that gain - renew your commitment to health and fitness and give a little extra effort where ever possible this week!!

Go team!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #4  

HI Red Team,
Congrats to the biggsest losers this week. I'm getting to the part where I stop losing and I need to get beyond that if I can. My LTG was to get below 220 by January 1st. I was hoping I could do it much sooner, but it might take me all month to get there. I'm going to go back to recording all my foods, I got a little lax on that the last week, journaling, and setting daily exercise and eating goals. Hopefully that will help me get back on the track to losing weight again.
My goal for Tuesday: 2 mile WATP dvd, no sweets.

Everyone have a great week and I'll check back tomorrow and let everyone know how things are going.
Bette K
Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

rough week....in crutches...plantar fasciitis....wearing night brace at night, using ice 2 times during the day, rolling foot on tennis ball while at the computer, wearing shoes even though i hate shoes...and still the pain is some of the worst i have ever had to deal with. this totally sucks!!! i am determined to finish strong. drinking more water!! getting small exercises in where i can. making sure i am choosing good food choices. i will not go down without a fight!!!!!!!!!
I AM BLACK OPS STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-06-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Rainbow...I had plantar fasciitis for a while too. I never got to the crutches point, that must be miserable for you. Think positive, you are working out your arms by using the crutches! I used to fill a 20 oz soda bottle (diet of course) most of the way with water and freeze it. It is like combining the ice and the tennis ball. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #7  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Aw rainbow! I'm sorry you're in such pain right now! This won't bring you down....you're too strong for that. It will pass!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Had a good week this week but my arthritis is in full swing today for my weigh in so it was a 1.3lb loss for me this week!!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #9  

HI Red Team\Sorry to see so many people in pain.
Rainbow- I've had plantar fasciitis and I hope you get to feeling better soon. I miss your happy smiles.

Wuv- I hope your arthritis settles down soon. You are doing so great on the weight loss.

Zogo- My dr told me about the frozen bottle of water, I put a sock around it so it wasn't too cold on my foot and used it frequently.
Peanut-nice to see you.

I didn't get my goals totally met yesterday or today. I got called in to sub for a teacher who got sick on Tuesday and then subbed again today. The teacher I subbed for today has been going through a cancer scare and found out today that he doesn't have cancer. When he came back today he said he felt like he was starting a new life.
Second bit of good news, DH has said that I could check out the fitness center in a nearby town. It's about 15 miles away, but is about the closest thing I can get. I need some training in weights and hope they have some classes I can take. It's small, but anything with much to offer is a 70 mile round trip and I can't afford the gas let alone the membership.
Everyone have a great week and feel better
Bette K

Last edited by Bette k; 12-08-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: correcting spelling
Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Thanks Bette, its much better today. This is my first year having to deal with it as bad as it is. Having no more cartlidge is the worse arthritis there is I do believe, bone on bone...YUK!!! Getting this weight off is helping though, 30 more pounds to go to my first goal then my last 50. Hopefully by the time I get the last 80lbs on my hip will be MUCH MUCH better and not have so much pressure on it. I don't want to have surgery, its always a scary thing to have done but we do what we have to do to survive that is for sure!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #11  

HI Red Team,
I wish you the best with the arthritis, DH need to have both hips replaced about 15 years ago because he was bone on bone. The dr did both at once they were so bad.

Today I checked out the Anytime fitness that is in a neighboring town. We cme into a little money and I want to spend some on getting healthy. I got a free week to see if I like it, he said that if I wouldn't use it then he didn't want me to get a membership. I liked the manager, I was a little suprised that he was very overweight until he told me that he had weighed 500 lbs and since he had started eating better and working out he had lost over 160 lbs. He is also studying to be a trainer. Maybe that is the incentive I need to really get to work on getting healthy. I do have class reunion coming up next summer and he told me that I shouldn't try to lose more than 2 lbs a week, so he isn't promising me the moon. I'm going to try it next week and if I like it I'll join. The only downside s that it will be about 15 miles to get there and the same back.

I hope everyone is have a great week.
Bette K
Old 12-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

thanks everyone i am a trooper!! i am just wimp when it comes to pain...!! lol

betteK way to go on that FREE week!!! have fun gf!!

wuv2...arthritis sucks!! hang in there!!

peanutt....thanks gf!! some nights i just cry myself to sleep!! i'm such a wimp!!

zogo...how long does it last...its been 2 months now, and its just getting progressively worse!! especially bad if i am on my feet for any length of time...like grocery shopping, or going up or down stairs. i am taking aleve at night to help me sleep because that splint is not the most comfortable thing to wear!! uggg...i will plod along!!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #13  

Hi Red Team
Today has been an up and down day so far. First up was when I took my measurements today, since the end of October I'm down 6 3/4 inches, a total of 21 inches since July 1st. My goal was 6 inches from the end of Oct to the endo of Dec, but I measured today to have a base for what working out does for me. The second up was having soem friends from where I used to work calling me and asking if I wanted to go out to eat with them. I didn't make the best food choices, but I found if I'm wanting something bad for more than a few days it's best to have it. I enjoyed seeing them again and had a really good time. Now the bad, I was driving the vehicle I don't usually drive and stopped to get gas in it. When I came out it wouldn't start. I called DH and luckily he was just getting off work and came to help, but I waited in the gas station for ahalf hour or more. I had to call and make arrangments for DD after school, and was aftraid that when DH came the vehicle would start right off and I would look silly. It didn't start right away for him, but was something that was real easy for him to fix and I was able to get to school to pick up DD, so it could have been worse. So 2 ups and a down looks like a smile right.

Have a great weekend everyone,
I'm down 1 more pound!
Bette K
Old 12-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #14  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Hey red team!
It looks like, even with the bumps and bruises ~ OUCH Rainbow & Wuv ~ we're managing to keep losing.
I showed a promising loss this morning but I won't know the officials until tomorrow.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. Look how FAR we've all come!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #15  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey Red Team. Sorry to have fallen off on communications a bit but I'm still here. I hope you all had a good week. Trying to finish out this competition strong!