Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Howdy Blue Team !

Thanks for the congrats... you guys rock !

Purplefirefly - That walk of your wasn't ONLY 22 minutes... it was 22 minutes of awesome walking. How did your BL workout go?

Have a great night team... hope everyone sleeps well and has a great Wednesday.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 8"

This week has been busier than normal...I am looking forward to the weekend! Hope you all are having a great week.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #18  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Hello all! I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! I know I did! Oddly though, I didn't scarf down as much candy and junk as I had expected to, so yay! We had a great party that was lots of fun, and now that it's all over I've got TONS of stuff to take down and pack up, but I'm actually looking forward to that.

I haven't had a chance to read through the other posts this week yet, but I wanted to post just to make sure I got one in this week. Didn't want to forget or anything. I'll read through the posts later this week if I have a chance so I can do some personals.

So now that Halloween is over and Nanowrimo has begun, I should once again be at my computer with enough regularity to actually join in the fun of this game! I was intending to go to a zumba class tonight, but then didn't end up going because we were invited to the release party for Battlefield 3 in Stockholm, then, we didn't end up doing that either, but that's probably for the best as I'm extremely tired today so zumba might have been discouragingly difficult had I tried to do it this evening.

Alright so here I go getting back to the plan of activity and proper eating, good luck this week everybody!!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Rather than setting the amount of time I want to exercise, I am back to setting my weekly calorie limit to burn and eat...that has always worked for me, but I got lazy because it takes a bit of time to get out the Jillian book and figure the numbers out. But, I made a point to sit up last night and do it. I'm tired this morning, but I would have stayed up late working anyway, so nothing new there. I just chose to stay up late doing something different.

My goal this week is to get out of the 290s. I think dropping into the 80s will motivate me to keep going. 290 is so close to 300, so i will feel better to be out of the 90s.

LeslieB--You are right, I should give myself more credit. I did not get the whole hour I planned in, but I did do 22 mins. when I would have normally skipped completely. The BL workout went good enough that I am still sore in my arms and top of the chest two days later! It was good strength training, and I needed some of that.

QuillysQuest--Did you watch that Halloween Challenge show? I caught it on a marathon and actually liked it a lot. It was interesting how they put all that stuff together!

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 11-03-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #20  

Howdy Blue Team !

Here's hoping everyone is having a great week so far.

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day, although I did go to the mall and get myself a really cute pair of boots to celebrate the 100 lbs. gone. I also made turkey burgers and roasted zucchini for dinner which was delicious. Today I meet with my personal trainer this afternoon then a nice quiet evening with hubby.

envelope - sounds like you have alot going on.

QuillysQuest - glad to hear your Halloween went well.

Purplefirefly - sounds like you're getting things all set up.... yay ! and YES! you should give yourself more credit... you deserve it !

Have a great day all !
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #21  
~Kim~

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd stop in real quick to say hi. Last week was rough and this week hasn't been much better. Been sick and stressed so I'm not going to expect much at weighin.

I hope everyone else is having a great week.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #22  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Hello, Blue Team!

I'm sorry to have missed weigh-in; I'm in the northeast, and we had a power outage due to the storm. Thankfully, power was restored to us a lot faster than other areas; I can't believe that there are people still without power almost a week later.

The past 2 Sundays have been tough for me. I've had social events where there was tons of food, and I ate more than planned. I ate better than I would have in my previous life, but I want to be able to keep my focus despite the food temptations. Anybody have some good tips for this?

I weighed in this morning at a number I've been hoping to see for a while- 162.2. I'm at a 100lb weight loss since March 10- that's less than 8 months. As I was nearing that number, I thought I'd give myself a Nov. 10th deadline to make 8 months exactly, but I got there 6 days earlier. (34 weeks and 1 day) Yay!

My knees have been treating me well, and I can actually say that I enjoy running now. I used to love cross country when I was younger- many, many moons ago, but never thought I'd say I love running. I feel so empowered by this, and now that I've done a 5k, I'm going to keep on going.

Sorry for not getting to personals- I'm getting this post off before I get the kiddos off to school.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and good luck at the weigh-in.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #23  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey blue peeps,

Hope ya all are having a good week. I am finally feeling back to normal. I have really enjoyed being able to get in some much needed yard work and finally working off some weight.

I had a wonderful NSV this week. Had to break out the winter coats cause it finally got cold. I usually can't zip them up cause I carry my weight around my middle and they are NFL jackets, so I couldn't buy them any bigger. Well this time I put it on and zipped it up....and had room to spare. Called me shocked and happy!!

I am proud to say I went candy free on Halloween. I avoided known candy dishes in the offices and a halloween party at work.

LeslieB-- over 100 pounds LOST .... Congrats on losing a super model!!!!

Beck - Your dilema. Eat before you go. Then when there, lightly snack and drink lots of water. Your knee's will thank you for the effort!

Purplefirefly - I'm with you, I want to get out of the 290's as well. It is to easy to creep back into the 300's.

Last edited by Tate 1984; 11-04-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: more updates
Old 11-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I got my whoosh on the scale!!!! It is finally working!!!

I went back to the way I was losing weight in the past before I started working from home, and it is working really well. I have more energy and feel much better, and the scale is responding. I was just bouncing up and down, staying in the same place. Two days following my Jillian plan and it went down 0.4 pounds the first day, then 4.4 pounds the next. I know it is not all fat...but it proves my theory that I had not really gained up as high as the scale said last time it jumped. It jumped up like 8 pounds and then would come back down and jump back up. When I stay on this plan, it is coming down and I do not have that bloated feeling I had before.

Beck--So glad you are okay and have power back. You have done fantastic with your weight loss! I would ask for your secrets, but I know what it is...finding what works for you and just staying consistent. Anything else you can share would be welcome, though.

Tate-- on the winter coats. I am hoping mine will close this year, but it is not time to break that out here yet.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #25  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hey all~
hope everyone has had a good week. I did well working out. I alternated a country line dance dvd and leslie's new 5 mile dvd. I hope it shows on the scale tomorrow. I did good for halloween too, probably cause my kids don't trick or treat anymore lol and I didn't hand out candy this year.
I totally relate on the winter coat thing. And this year I too was pleasantly surprised when mine zipped And pulling out sweaters that I've not been able to wear, so it's like a new wardrobe lol.
I'll be back in the morning, have an awesome night ladies
Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #26  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

WAY TO GO on hitting your 100 lbs since March goal Beck! That's amazing!!

And YAY for all the winter coat NSVs too you guys! That's so great!

I just weighed in at my usual weight, but I'm not surprised or disheartened or anything. It is as it is, and I haven't been concentrating on weight loss even remotely for the past 2 months due to all my Halloween efforts, which included lots of easy, cheap meals over healthy meal choices, but I'm really hoping to change that this week and get back on the right track with stuff as I mentioned earlier this week. All the Halloween stuff should be packed away neatly in the garage by the end of the day so I'll have my exercise space back finally! Woo!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy November, all! Have been on staycation all week, which you'd think would amount to more exercise and better eating, but I've been focusing most of my energies toward NaNoWriMo (how's yours coming along, by the way, Quilly?)and taking some much-needed downtime. More specifically, I've been consuming a lot of coffee shop food and sugary drinks, and the scale has noticed. But I'm happy! I'm feeling really productive, relaxed, and free, and I'm so glad I decided to stay in town during my vacation rather than heading somewhere abroad. I'll get back on track before long, so I'm not worried about the upward slide on the scale just yet.

Hope you're all doing really well! Thanksgiving is coming, so we've all got a lot to be thankful for with our losses so far and having this awesome team to be working with!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #28  

Howdy Blue Team !

Here's hoping everyone had a great week.

It's been pretty uneventful around here for the past few days. I went to book club on Friday night which is always a blast and yesterday we went to a birthday party for one of our very good friends. Today we're going to replace our garbage disposal that hasn't worked for over a year then off to the outlet mall.

TooManyDimples - hope you're feeling better.

Beck - congratulations on 100 lbs. lost !! you are on fire !!

Tate - congratulations on the NSV ! seeing progress like that makes you feel awesome.

Purplefirefly - congratulations on the woosh !

Catsgetnhealthy - yay on the exercise.

QuillysQuest - how did the packing up and getting your exercise space go?

slowrunner - sounds like it's been a great week for you to decompress and take some much needed you time.

Have a great Sunday and weighin everyone !
Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #29  
Sue

I am sorry about the gain this week. I am trying again to get my head in the game. Congratulations to all of you for sticking it out so far.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #30  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Blue team peeps,

Remember to get your weigh ins done. Good, bad or other. Just remember, it's the effort that counts and your well being that will feel better for it.

Feeling normal finally and ready to rumble off some more weight. The body is willing, now the brain needs a slight tune up on the priorities.

We are already making holiday plans on how to be good, not over eat, monitor calorie intake and attack with a game plan. It's too easy to say it's no big deal. Then temptation slaps you silly and you start eating everything. Even low flying seagulls aren't safe when the hunger monster is set free.

Here is an odd NSV that I noticed. I am more sensitive to the cold this fall. I usually wear t-shirts and lite pants to work. Lately I have been wearing long sleeve t's and even double shirts with a heavier jacket when working outdoors. Usually I would be in shorts and a tee shirt in 55 degree weather. Plus I am one of those people that always sweats easily. I have noticed a difference their also. (UNLESS I AM HAVING A HOT FLASH THEN ANYTHING GOES )
This NSV is in relation to carrying less weight around my mid section. Less packing in the middle, everything feels cooler!

Last edited by Tate 1984; 11-06-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Adding stuff