Old 01-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #46  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Bobbolink: i weigh myself daily also. and this morning I saw what I have been waiting for...down to 196.2! I started counting calories (with WW) yesterday using ************.com. I chose them because they have an app for my phone making things easier.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #47  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

ok that was supposed to say my fitness pal lol
Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys, hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start! It does look like this week has been kinda a bummer for a lot of people, but it is week 3. At this point I feel like the novelty has worn off and the long haul has begun. This is also when we can be really resolute, and stick to our guns to make some big changes!

I went to a meeting today wearing some super cute new shoes. So cute, in fact, that they rubbed blisters in four toes >.< When my hubby picked me up I was all bummed from walking so much in shoes that killed my toes, and asked if he wanted to just go to dinner. He initially said yes, and we started naming off places we could go, but then in the end we decided that the dinner I had planned to make was going to be way tastier (and OP) than anything we would get at a restaurant. So, we came home and I showed him how to make it so that he could do it next time =D

I count that as a huge success: dining out avoided!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #49  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

I am also having an off week. It is support knowing that I am not the only one. I have gone back to work and bad habits!

Its great Lily that your turned your off day into a good one. You are right - the novelty has worn off, the long haul is hard but the way to continue. I sit here thinking about why I want to lose the weight.

In early December, I needed a nice dress, and couldn't find anything in the shops that fit or looked flattering on me, that was my wake up call. I want to buy nice clothes, feel good wearing them. I want to feel that adrenalin rush when I finish a work out, feel like I can do anything again.

I am looking forward again, and focused. I am glad that I have this board and the support.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #50  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Sounds like we all had a bit of a rough go this week. I've been POP but only a little exercise. Weight goes up and down, so I'm not sure what it will be Sunday, but at least a lb. (I'm hopin' )

I've read a few stories about plateaus and some people say to read success stories of other losers. Makes sense.

I AM feeling much better, and my tight pants are not cutting into my stomach like before. (but there's still a muffin top)

BTW - thanks for whoever mentioned Kalyn's Kitchen! I've been using her site for meal ideas and they've been both delicious and satisfying.

Good luck to our team - wonder how the Reds are doin' . . . . Rainbow Smiles????

ttyl

Dora
Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #51  

Hi everyone, well I'm joining those who are having a bad week. I started off really good and OP but still gained now for some reason this week my battle of wills is giving out and now I'm to scared to get on the scale. I'm sure I'm up at least 5lbs and not exactly sure why.
I shall not give up and there is a new week just around the corner.
I'll have a busy weekend cleaning out closets and such as I'm getting ready to put the house up for sale in the next week so lots of work ahead of me.
Have a great night everyone talk to you later.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone. Had a couple of victories this week. Finally hit the 150's haven't been there is some 21 years. Yesterday I wore a size 10 pair of jeans to work! woohoo! This is hard but so well worth it!

Hope everyone has a great weigh in
Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #53  
Starting again Jan. 2013

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

It's been a busy couple of days for me! I won't be on much today or tomorrw either. My daughter's birthday party is today and it is also DH and I's anniversary, so we are going out tonight after the party. My sis has been kind enough to offer to babysit my girls tonight.

Since this weekend is going to be hectic for me I weighed in this morning. Well all my exercise this week paid off! I'm down 4 pounds!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #54  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Blue Team!
I posted my weight this morning and was very happy with it. It'll never be big numbers because I'm so close to goal but believe me, I have to work just as hard.
gvntofly...congrats on the 4 pound loss, that's huge for the 3rd week. I checked out your blog from last november and your advice about pants getting tight and time to watch the calories again. I reached my goal a couple of years ago and stopped weighing myself, that's when I get into trouble and the weight starts creeping back on.
Quote:
My plan for maintenance is, if my clothes are getting tight, it’s time to watch the calories and exercise a bit more!

Lily and mumtolian you both mentioned the novelty has worn off, oh so true. Dig in your heels and stay the course.
Maryshady, congrats to you too, hitting the 150's.
Jacky...We're hoping your gain was just water retention due to salty food, good luck. Your percentages have been high so far, keep up the good fight.
Dora...
Quote:
I AM feeling much better, and my tight pants are not cutting into my stomach like before. (but there's still a muffin top)
I'm 65 years old and no matter how thin I get, I still have a bit of a muffin top. I will never get rid of it unless I exercise and my bad back won't let me.
Nobody but DH and me know I have it because I don't wear tight tops.
Pagelynn...I'm glad the calorie counting with WW is working for you. Are you surprised how many calories you were eating?
Dream...I've been by Princeton many times on our way to Mille lacs on vacations. Fantastic fishing area.
Vdander...good luck next week on your 5k.
Quote:
I have my first 5k next week

Getting back to covering my muffin top, I see so many younger people wearing these tight tops that DO NOT FLATTER. I worked in the Liz Claibourne department as a part time job before I retired and noticed how heavy people always wore long cut blazers, sweaters, tops to cover up their behinds. What actually happens is it's just another layer to make them look even bigger. Take a short cropped blazer (ends at waist) and it looks like they lost 10 pounds. I usually buy blazers a size bigger, same with tops. Another tip I learned at work was keeping your skirt, hose and shoes the same color. If you're wearing a black skirt, use sheer black hose and black shoes. It gives people a long slimmer look instead of being cut off by the end of your skirt hem.
Enough of my fashion policing, I don't mean to offend anyone. When you work in the business, you automatically put your skills to work but not always verbally as I just did. I usually keep my mouth shut
Good luck everyone on weigh ins today and tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Excellent advice Bobbi! I'll be honest, I consider myself fairly clueless about fashion, and whenever I go shopping I always take my hubby with me. I call him my style adviser. It's funny, he's a huge gamer, so people never believe me when I tell them he picks out all my clothes. I think normally they just think I'm trying to be funny, but it's true!

Style advice noted! I'll pass this along to my higher ups ;-p I'm planning a mini-shopping trip when I hit 192, which will be 10% lost.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

I don't understand why so many are taking Freebies. Why use a freebie?
Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone So far this week has been busy, but successful. I'm down 5 lbs as of this morning, but my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow though.

Mary, congratulations on hitting the 150's, that's awesome!!

Lily, I like to weigh myself daily as well. I find it helps me to accept the daily weight fluctuations, and not stress over them as much.

PageLynn - I also count calories. I log my foods and exercise at the dailyplate.com I set my activity level to sedentary, and then I track my exercise, and it calculates the calories I burn. I know some people set their activity level higher, and then don't track the exercise calories they burn.

Vdander - good luck with the 5k. Good for you for doing it

Lily - Ouch! I hope the blisters heal quickly for you.

gvntofly - Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a nice night out with your husband tonight. on losing 4 lbs this week, that's great!

To everyone who is having a bad week I'm sure this week will be better!

Have a great Saturday
Old 01-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone... I have to admit, i myself just took a freebie.. and my reason for that is this is the worst monthly cycle I can remember having in years.. I am not one who normally takes freebies, I have been here for a couple of years now as a team member and as a leader, and the only thing I can say on this subject is that number one we are a team and support is paramount here, that is what the whole purpose is, not to gain "the prize", and number two is we are a large group from many parts of the world leading many different lifestyles and taking a freebie at any given time may be unavoidable for some, as it was for me this week I felt it quite necessary to use what could be the first (maybe the second) I have used ever, in four challenges.. but as the rules state when your two are gone..they are gone. For me, the bottom line is that the freebies are there to use at your need, and as someone who has been here for awhile, I am just so happy to see people even just posting a freebie, as when nothing is posted at all then we do not know how they are doing at all.. at least with a freebie post we know that everyone is still holding themselves accountable to some degree and trying and that is the most important thing.
Now as for me personally.. well now that I have started my monthly cycle (so sorry to any gentlemen hanging out here who may be uncomfortable with that knowledge..) ... did I mention it is the second time this month? I now know why I have had crazy munchies all week long.. and intense desires for pasta in cream sauce and cookies.. LOL the joys o the joys of being a lady!
I still have not received my package of weight watchers materials and am growing frustrated.. so I am starting another week "winging" it lol but definatly going to work on getting more organized with preparing meals in advance and doing even 30min of exercise a day and going to my weekly Zumba classes... I love Zumba!!
I will be back to do personals soon... have to get the laundry started... good luck to all!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #59  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Well, I got a very unexpected Woosh! this morning and saw the 130s for the first time in a very long time. I had two extravagant days this week, so I know that the next few days will be back in the 140s, but I'm excited that counting calories and exercising is working.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #60  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hi all,
So far so good, I was down a little more today, but we also had shrimp stir-fry with soy sauce which might make me retain water (you can kick my butt Bobbi. I've got a bladder infection going on too, been trying to drink even more water and antibiotics. That all might mess me up weight wise, but I'm still happily OP. Looks like one pound this week for me.

One thing I like about the calorie counting sites is that ( at least on the one I'm using) they show the trend of where your weight should be if you are on course to lose X amount of pounds by your goal date. So far, I'm below the trend, but should I go over, its a good restraint, at least for me, to pull it in a bit. Thanks too Bobbi for the fashion advice, couldn't hurt, at least that's mho.

Went to a ladies tea today at church, it was a brunch, and I didn't even let them put that cinnamon roll on my plate! I didn't eat very many of the potatoes, just a little of the scrambled eggs with ham, and all my fruit, so I think I did well for the way I usually would scarf

Hang in there team, looks like a bunch of us are gonna be outa freebies, so now the real numbers are gonna start showin' up. Even so, we can do it!!! Congrats to the gals in the fifties and thirties - can't wait till I'm in onederland. This is the place it will happen, and you'll hear it here first - Big News. ttyl

Dora