3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Blue Bombshells - Week 2 Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/173132-blue-bombshells-week-2-thread.html)

dixied 06-01-2009 02:00 PM

Blue Bombshells - Week 2 Thread

Sorry, I'm running behind here at work, this thread should have been up earlier. :o

Nixmom 06-01-2009 02:30 PM

Bombshell here!

MEENAMOM - I forbid you to quit! ABSOLUTELY forbid you to quit. We all have those weeks. Success is not just in scale numbers. Stay determined, stay on task, and stay with us~ its a brand new week!

I just finished a not so yummy snack, but its OP so whatever. BF on the job hunt is really becoming stressful for both of us. Not $ wise, emotionally though. He doesn't sit still well. Pray something comes through soon. We are going on month #4. YIKES!

Hope you all are doing well! BBL!

dixied 06-01-2009 02:52 PM

Meenamom - 1200 calories of what? Post some of your food journal, and let's see if there's something that looks like it might be causing the problem. If you're exercising a lot 1200 calories may not be enough, your body might hang on to any extra weight as a cautionary measure.

I am thrilled with my weigh-in this week. But it's been a long time coming for me. I maintained at 152-155 for the past 4-1/2 months. That's a long plateau, but I knew I was still making fitness gains even if the scale didn't show it. Now that the scale is moving again, it really jumped. It's not the first time the scale has played this game with me either. I was stuck at 172 for about the same amount of time. So every 20 pounds or so, I get stuck... I hope it sticks for good at 132. ;)

Newshinyme 06-01-2009 03:01 PM

Nixmon: Sorry that your BF still hasn't been able to find anything. Sending all my good vibes your way!

Meenamom: Don't be so harsh on yourself, we all have good weeks and bad weeks, but I will second what Dix said. Let us know what you're eating and how much you're exercising and maybe we can figure something out together.

Dix: Yay!!! You are finally out of that plateau! Congratulations!!
You have done really well with all your exercise, but I bet it's good to see the scale finally cooperating with you.

I just finished my official workout for today, I think I will add some walking when the sun goes down a little bit just to keep my minutes up.

Doragone 06-01-2009 03:14 PM

Hi Bombshells!
I am so sorry to not have posted sooner. I misunderstood, thinking this challenge started today. Well I'm on it now and hope to be a faithful contributer to our weight-loss efforts. Gotta go for now, hope to chat more later.

Dora

scarahjs 06-01-2009 03:18 PM

Jacque9999 - I live in Perry County. So we are very close to each other.

Well this weekend went pretty good. Yesterday was my birthday so I didn't watch what I ate. I guess that's why I only lost .2 lbs this week. I am going to try and go for a walk tonight with my hubby and DS. I need to start getting up again at 4:30 to workout. I took some time off and I shouldn't have. So anyway...have a good rest of the day.

Idealmuse 06-01-2009 03:21 PM

Hi everyone - My weight loss last week was fabulous do to some crazy walking the last 2 weeks. I'm probably going to do one more week of this type of walking and then scale back some as I add back in my swimming and biking. I think I found a Tri to sign up for in September. (I have bigger plans for next year!)

Looks like everyone did really well! Woot Blue!

jelynn 06-01-2009 04:23 PM

Hey Dora- I'm with you...thought it was today so I haven't been on this site much.

Anyway- glad to be joining everyone again. I've had a self-induced plateau/gain this past month and am happy for the challenge to help me get back on track. I've been up walking early with friends as well now that the weather is so nice. Now to get better with my food intake!! Ah, one day at time I guess and mostly good choices will do it :)

Soon2BFitChick 06-01-2009 04:24 PM

Hello! :wave:

How are you all doing today? I'm good. Been running errands for 3 hours this morning. :faint: Doesn't that count for anything? Drive 4 mins, shop for an hour, bk in car, stand in line at post office for 20 mins at least, bk in car, etc etc. All on my cup of coffee. Haven't eaten one bite all day and it's after 3pm. NOT GOOD. :nono:

So boiling eggs to make a tuna fish salad the kids and I like on hot days with crackers. (12 cals each, mind u). I use low fat mayo, boiled eggs cut small, but only half the eggs do I leave the yolk, I do use some swt pickle relish but I add up cals of whole bowl then fourth it and eat that much then I know what cals are for just me. You learn the art of improvising and substituting things that don't change the taste anyway and it all adds up. AND you add lots of numbers as you lose but it's worth it. Since the first of the month of May, I'm down 11 lbs. (I show another .5 lb down since yesterday.)

I was really staying too low some days but now that I make sure I eat at least 1200 a day I seem to really be losing more quickly. So it really is true everyone that if you try to starve, it won't work. (I know I know, those ppl on Survivor lost 30 lbs in 30 days but they were starving, it wasn't good for them and they had to do lots of physical challenges. I don't think I could do what they did anyway, so I'm not about to try.) :woops:

I feel good. Finally feeling like eating this way is my regular habit. That's good news. After you eat smaller portions of whole foods plus a few bites of other stuff for 30 days it becomes your 'normal'. I had my doubts, even tho I'd done this before and thought I had the habit there. But I really do think it can be done forever. Look at all the maintainers here. I want to be one!!! :dancer:

Ok, gotta go help the kids,

Bye for now! Selina :hug:

SillyGirl 06-01-2009 04:26 PM

Today I had to make up my fitness test for sit-ups. Last sit-up test I took was in January and I did 33 in one minute. Today I did 50 in one minute! I was so happy! I usually get winded by 25, but I just kept going and didn't feel any pain until I stood up!
Sorry to brag... I had to share. I'm so happy!

Soon2BFitChick 06-01-2009 04:28 PM

Congrats Sillygirl!! I think I could do 2 in high school. Awful, I know. :sumo:

And have fun at prom!!! I loved prom!!!

Selina

maryshady 06-01-2009 04:33 PM

Wow I checked out the weigh-in thread and we had some awesome losers!! Congrats to all who lost weight. I lost the weight I had gained over Memorial Day weekend this week. I am still 2 lbs from my lowest weight in the last challenge. I have been stuck in this area (173-177) for about 2 full months. I lose weight all week and then gain it all back on the weekend. Need to come up with a good plan like wiring my jaws shut on Friday morning! lol!!! I was actually surprised this morning that the scale was still at 175.4 I was sure I had gained weight thru this weekend too. I am open for any suggestions anyone has.

trekkiegirl 06-01-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyGirl (Post 2765931)
Today I had to make up my fitness test for sit-ups. Last sit-up test I took was in January and I did 33 in one minute. Today I did 50 in one minute! I was so happy! I usually get winded by 25, but I just kept going and didn't feel any pain until I stood up!
Sorry to brag... I had to share. I'm so happy!

That's great! I don't think I can do 50 in one day unless I split it into 2 increments! :p
Yay, we got our official team name!! :whoo: :belly:

me4life 06-01-2009 04:38 PM

well i had a big loss but its cause i finally had a POP week. guess i needed this challenge to keep me inline.

caitbeans 06-01-2009 04:52 PM

Dix- congrats on the loss, good for you for sticking to it!

sarahjs and jacque9999- im from Harrisburg- I'm close to you guys too!

I'm off to work- I did make it to the gym today- felt great to get back into that routine!

Meenamom 06-01-2009 08:38 PM

Aww you people are Lovely..Thanks not giving up, I did do only three miles today I usually aim for 6 on the ellipitcal and Jillian's 30 day shred...Sometimes on my ambitious days I add three to 5 miles of an outdoor power walk to that..So by my calculations I should be losing....BUT I am getting my time of the month tomorrow so once I found that out I was kinder to myself and I just might have a glass of wine tonight..
Last week I did slack on the exercise..
Thanks for the love :)
Must go post my 3 lb weight gain LOL
As for eating I always don't make the 1200 calories and the only bread I have is Eziekial and I track everything on the daily plate I have been wondering if I have gone into starvation mode, since I was anorexic/bulimic as a teen and my body doesn't like to starve...
Could be TOM and not enough water..I don't think I drink enough..

me4life 06-01-2009 09:19 PM

well made it to the gym and decided i need to start going atleast 3 times a week. i get lots of cardio between walking and running on treadmill but slacking in the weights department, my goal for this challenge is to get in all my weight workouts

Soon2BFitChick 06-01-2009 10:04 PM

Well only 15 mins of exercise today added to all the running around I did all day taking care of everyone and running errands and cooking and doing laundry and dishes. Does it ever end? Nah!!! LOL. :yikes:

Anyhoo, gotta go dress the babies for bed and settle them down. Running late on that but it's ok sometimes to run late.

:::trying not to be a perfectionist::: :yoga:

Hugs to each of you, more errands in the morning then back here for more of the same!!!

Selina :hug:

bindersbee 06-01-2009 10:08 PM

Meena's Mom, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a gainer too this week. I ate well, worked out 300 minutes (and I'm no wussie exerciser either- I PUSH it) and I had a gain.

I'm sure we'll both have good losses next week. Just have to keep powering through it. My hubs put out a half-arsed effort and lost 4.2 pounds. Men! It reminds me of that commercial with the cartoon people where the guy makes tiny changes and loses and the woman hardly drops at all.

retiredone 06-01-2009 10:09 PM

I made many cookies and squares today--too many to count. I made 8 different kinds so I think I have enough cookies for the bridal shower. The downside to making 8 different kinds of cookies or any cookie at all is that I eat them when I'm making them...sigh... So I ate many cookies, but not as many as I made. They are all in the freezer now out of reach and sight.

Later on tonight I did get in some exercise though. I didn't think I'd get any done but I pulled out my resistance bands and put in the tape and did half the workout. I haven't done it since December and I was really done in after half way through. I'll finish it on Wednesday when I do the circuit again. I also rode 15 minutes on my bike. To my credit I ate very light of "real" food because of my cookie binge but I don't think that actually cancelled out the cookies.

Anyway tomorrow is new and no cookies for me tomorrow. I'm making a potato and vegetable fritata with baked beans and probably some kind of green salad so no junk for me tomorrow.

I too was looking at the weigh in thread and was amazed at some of the weight loss some of you have had. Wouldn't it be great if we could all lose like that every week.

Doragone 06-01-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelynn (Post 2765927)
Hey Dora- I'm with you...thought it was today so I haven't been on this site much.

Anyway- glad to be joining everyone again. I've had a self-induced plateau/gain this past month and am happy for the challenge to help me get back on track. I've been up walking early with friends as well now that the weather is so nice. Now to get better with my food intake!! Ah, one day at time I guess and mostly good choices will do it :)

Emily,
We could be twins - I too had a "self-induced gain" this past - well 3 months. I'm also happy for the challenge for accountability. I'm going to hang on your last words - one day at a time - as I didn't do too well today. Hoping the extreme heavy working in the yard will help some. Congrats to all who lost, hang in there for those who didn't (me). Gotta get back to my genealogy project - big gathering coming up end of June.

ttyl

Dora

practiceliving 06-02-2009 12:23 AM

Meena - looking at the amount of exercise you do, I would wager that 1200cal is almost certainly NOT enough for you! Don't give up, and if you struggled with disordered eating in the past, you should be especially gentle with yourself when things don't go the way you expect on the scales.

Selina - Look at you go!!! You are kicking butt already :)

Kate - I'm getting married 10/10/08 and I'm near your height and weight. I think you and I should be buddies! :P

I've had a rough week, but my WW "week" starts over tomorrow, so this next week is going to be better. We tried to go to the gym tonight and ran into a parking snafu, but instead of skipping it, we went up to the high school near our house and played basketball instead.

I'm going to Toronto in July to see some friends and family, and I would LOVE to be under 185 by then, so that's my goal right now... I've got to focus on the little goals, because if I look at the overall goal, I get too overwhelmed.

Institches21 06-02-2009 12:50 AM

meena-so sorry that you had such a tough week, but honestly, you don't want to quit, we would miss you so much, a few of us had a gain {me included} so don't worry, next week will be our week! :hug:

Somni 06-02-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me4life (Post 2766394)
well made it to the gym and decided i need to start going atleast 3 times a week. i get lots of cardio between walking and running on treadmill but slacking in the weights department, my goal for this challenge is to get in all my weight workouts

That's been a big slack area for me so far! My membership came with 3 free sessions with a trainer that I haven't used yet -- I keep meaning to set something up so she can help me get a weight routine going. I should make setting up a session with her one of my goals for the week.

Institches21 06-02-2009 01:12 AM

melwolfe- I doing the C5K, which I actually got the suggestion from one of dixied posts, it's on itunes, Robert Ulltery, he has this 12week program, that is for the beginner, who have never tried a running program before, there is also other programs available, some are free, this one is free. So far so good, I think I might even stick with week one for a second week. Good Luck on your Breast Walk/Run this weekend, my daughter is doing a 3day 60mile Breast Walk in October.

Love our new Name, hope everyone has a great week.

dixied- Way to go to our FearLess Leader on breaking her plateau.

Soon2BFit- Keep up the great work, you are doing amazing.

Way to Go to all the other Blue Bombshells-

retiredone 06-02-2009 05:55 AM

Good morning everyone. Today I bike for an hour (stationary bike). Wish I could get out for a walk but that's not going to happen today. And today I must eat very clean and light. Need to counteract the cookies from yesterday.

Have a good day all.

mothermavis 06-02-2009 07:09 AM

Morning everyone, scale is not so kind is it? Mine either needs a battery or to be replaced, gaining and losing 5 pounds in 3 seconds..anyway, trying to stay clean on the eating and moving on the exercise. That's the plan for today, wish me luck!!

caitbeans 06-02-2009 07:26 AM

Institches21 I loved to C25K program, I've done it in the past. I've never been a "runner" and I was running! It was amazing, I am going to start it up again soon!

Practice livingI'm already married, I was married 10/11/2008 :) I have gained lots of weight since then that I have to try and get off too (now I am up to 221 pounds.) Good luck to you, we loved getting married in October- we used fall colors for our wedding, and the flowers we used we gorgeous- I'm glad it was fall so we could use all those pretty rusts and berries! Good luck to you :)

zinkemomx2 06-02-2009 09:33 AM

URGHHHH!!!

I just got back from spending a few days down at my mom's. We get there Friday early afternoon and left Monday morning. It is amazing how much damage a person can do in such a short time. I did get one run in on Friday but other than some gardening with my mom Sunday morning I have done nothing else.

I WILL run today. I WILL eat OP today. And I am going to rabbit proof my garden before the bunnies get interested in all my fresh new plants.

Meenamom 06-02-2009 10:35 AM

Congrats to all the losers this week! I am so excited for you...

I am back on track today and ready to Rock it!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Soon2BFitChick 06-02-2009 11:50 AM

Good morning everyone! :coffee:

I am about to go exercise. Will be easy when I start walking with my son to swim team practice at 7am 5 days a wk! Not sure how many minutes it will be. Gonna check it. And I'll get a little more sun than usual. Got some the other day. Looks better than WHITE. LOL.

Thx to all of you who have offered me encouragement. It's frustrating for me right now because all of the weight I've lost several times before. Once I'm under 197 or so, then I'm in territory I've rarely ever seen. So I feel mad at myself for letting all this come back on. Uggh!!!! :tantrum:

Keep on swimming, keep on swimming... love Dory. Doesn't someone has that as their quote? So cute.

Well have a great day everyone!!! Going today to get my nails done. Been forever and I need a break. Dh is coming home to take the kids to swim practice, etc. so I can be free to go. Then Emily's last game is Sat along with her trophy party then Sunday is San Antonio, and Sea World, will walk tons there! Yay! :yay:

Oh and I'm down a whole pound since Sunday when I posted for Monday. So I'm glad about that. 228.0. So that's 11.5 lbs since May 1! :goodscale:
Bbl, hugs, Selina :hug:

trekkiegirl 06-02-2009 12:26 PM

Wow, what a close weigh-in between the teams this past week!

On the show, they say Week 2 is notoriously bad for weight loss. Hope that's not the case for us! :p
Good luck everybody!! :carrot:

Idealmuse 06-02-2009 01:36 PM

"Thx to all of you who have offered me encouragement. It's frustrating for me right now because all of the weight I've lost several times before. Once I'm under 197 or so, then I'm in territory I've rarely ever seen. So I feel mad at myself for letting all this come back on. Uggh!!!! "

Don't feel bad... you're not the only one. I got down to 186/190 this past summer. I'm a bit annoyed at having to relose it but I try and look at it this way. If you were in maintenance you'd have to be careful about what you eat anyway right? So you have to do it regardless. Its never a straight clean path. Plus look how far you are away from your starting weight! There are so many people who gain it all back, You've done good job of keeping off quite a bit of that weight and caught yourself before the slip-up was overwhelming.

retiredone 06-02-2009 03:01 PM

Well, I guess congratulations are in order for the Red Team. What a close race week one turned out to be. I was a runner up. I've never been one before and it felt good to see the percentage of body weight lost. I don't suppose we'll see such high numbers next week but I'm going to try for at least one pound.

I've got sore shoulders today from using the resistance bands in my circuit workout. Haven't done that since Christmas and I'm so out of shape it's pathetic. Must get with the program and burn that fat.

SillyGirl 06-02-2009 03:32 PM

Today wasn't completely OP, but it was just a small carton of chocolate milk. Nothing too killer. My friend who usually trades my milk for her juice wasn't at school today, so I ended up drinking it.
Usually stuff like that ruins my focus and such, but I'm still workin on it and not letting it distract me.

SweetScrumptious 06-02-2009 06:50 PM

Well, I've done some exercise this past week. I have just started to New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I meant to do cardio on my days off but I didn't because my muscles were so SORE! But now, they are better so I will be going for a 5k walk/jog this evening [trying to work my way up to a run].

me4life 06-02-2009 08:08 PM

got my lbwo in, figured my bf is playing horse shoes i should take advantage of the alone time. also, went shopping for shorts and bought 12's and they actually fit, all of them. i'm still shocked.

Gekster 06-02-2009 08:15 PM

This week isn't going so well for me. Food is fine, but getting my exercise is becoming more and more difficult. We have a surprise visit by the in laws so I have to get everything ready for that, plus I am just feeling lousy in general. The scale is still moving in the right direction at about -.2 lbs a day, but I just feel blah. We finally set up the total gym and I used that yesterday for way too long because today it hurts to move, but I still managed to do cardio and a little yoga, just at a much lower degree than normal. I just hope I snap out of this soon.

zinkemomx2 06-02-2009 09:13 PM

Wog - done
Food - excellent
Water - need more
Printing problems - Anyone wanna buy a slightly abused printer? I'm about ready to throw the thing off the roof.

angeline 06-02-2009 09:53 PM

oh my fellow blue bombshells!!! i knew the challenge was beginning on June 1st but i somehow didn't register that it was also our first weigh-in!!! i'm so sorry. obviously i had to use my freebie. not a good way to start this challenge. and to top it off, i'm travelling for about 10 days or so mid-month.

today i walked 9 holes in my golf league and taught a pretty nice power yoga class (in which i do a large portion of the class to demo). tomorrow i'm planning to take a yoga class.

hope everyone is doing good. i've got to work to keep up on the posts.