3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Blue Bombshells - Week 2 Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/173132-blue-bombshells-week-2-thread.html)

bjeweled 06-02-2009 10:10 PM

hey bombshells!

i just got back from my graduation celebration in miami and it was awesome! i had the time of my life. unfortunately i gained but all in all it was worth every pound. guess i have till monday morning to get it off!

plan for the next week begin fat smash diet phase 1 again, stairmaster and cardio twice daily.
i will add strength back in after two weeks have passed!

i hope everyone is having a POP day!

ttys

brie

melwolfe 06-02-2009 10:43 PM

I'm having a hard time the last couple weeks getting my full 1000 calorie deficit in every day. I'm afraid I'm starting to plateau which really sucks! Oh well, I'll just keep on WO and eating healthy eventually it has to surrender...............

Meenamom 06-02-2009 11:20 PM

Bjeweled Congrats on your graduation!!!

I stayed at 1200 today because i did not excercise do to TOM I am 40 and they seem to knock me out exercise hasn't helped the hormone problem..Tomorrow is a new day..
I am sorry Melwolfe (love the name) your having a hard time..Blessings your way..
Carrie aka Meenamom
Nighty nite

Nixmom 06-02-2009 11:56 PM

What's shaking bombshells????

I am just getting ready to go print pictures of rewards I want ~ one for every 5 lbs. I am so close to my first 5! Finally:mad: I started the year kicking but and 16 days in injured myself...... repeatedly...... 4 times to be exact (SHEESH). Gained another 8lbs... and well... This is my first real opportunity to get and stay on track so far this year, AND ITS WORKING!:D

Really trying to stay pumped. We almost had week one. Week two is DEFINITELY the Bombshell's to celebrate!!! RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

Congrats to all the losers! And double hoorah for the maintains and gainers who are going to continue to fight!

Lets do the dang thang and pull out our stick-to-it-ive-ness and show up and take it! Eyes on the prize, ladies!

bindersbee 06-03-2009 02:43 AM

Hey everyone! I had a weird food day today but I think I've been under-eating so I'm not too worried about it. We went out to dinner for my Dad's b-day and I ate a luscious steak. It's been awhile so I enjoyed every bite because it will be awhile before I get to do that again.

I took a rest day today for my exercise but I'll be back at it tomorrow and working hard.

retiredone 06-03-2009 08:12 AM

:wave: Got a busy day ahead of me so I'm checking in. Didn't get in my bike ride yesterday-just too tired by midnight which was the time I slowed down yesterday. :( Today I'm going to try and finish the circuit workout that I started Monday. Eating is good so far. Had a good breakfast this morning and now I'm off to make a few more favor bags or DS's wedding as there are more guests coming then we had anticipated. The RSVPs are just about all in and we are over 100 guests. I had 100 bags made so back to the sweat shop for me. :D

scarahjs 06-03-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caitbeans (Post 2765973)
sarahjs and jacque9999- im from Harrisburg- I'm close to you guys too!

I didn't realize how many of us from this area were on here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeweled (Post 2768241)
hey bombshells!

i just got back from my graduation celebration in miami and it was awesome! i had the time of my life.

Congrats on your graduation!!!!

Well I still haven't worked out yet. I really need to get my butt in gear :drill:
I also haven't been eating the best either. I'm not sure why but I just don't seem to care. I really want to lose weight and be healthy. It always seems to go in spurts with me. I'll lose like 15lbs then I go right back to where I started I absolutely hate it. Sorry I had to vent a little. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Soon2BFitChick 06-03-2009 09:27 AM

Hi Bombshells!!! :dance:

I was OP yesterday. Friday morning is when my son and I start walking to swim team n the mornings. Will be hard getting up an hour earlier than even school but may be good for my weightloss to walk there 5 days a wk! :running:

Got my nails done yesterday, glad to have them back. We have lots of stuff coming up and I had been letting them breathe but wanted them to look nice. So that was a nice break for 1.5 hrs. Except where she cut me once. Ouch. :stress:

Well, I better get off here and get moving. Sitting in this chair won't do a thing for me! :nono:

Oh and one more lb and I get to change my chick to 50lbs lost. Still mad at myself because I remember when it was 75 lost. :cry:

Have a great OP day!!! Progress, not Perfection!!! :coach:

Hugs, Selina :hug:

dixied 06-03-2009 11:38 AM

This sucks. I just lost a huge post with personals to everyone who's posted since Monday. :mad: Grrr! I hope no one else had this problem. I'll be back once I've calmed down. :(

trekkiegirl 06-03-2009 11:41 AM

Mornin' everyone!

Yesterday I received my Kettlenetics kit so I gave it a try last night. OMG, I was sweating bullets before the 20-minute introductory DVD (KB Elements) was over. Then I did the second one (Flowmotion Basics) for another 20 minutes and was sweating cannonballs. :faint: My biggest problem is trying to coordinate opposite movements and limbs, like when your right arm has to do one thing at the same time your left leg is doing something else, and switching back and forth.

BTW, dixied, that's a great spreadsheet for the weight loss figures! Thank you for the work you're doing. :) (sorry about your lost post!) :(

bindersbee 06-03-2009 12:48 PM

Small personal victory- I just finished 50 minutes of Turbo Jam. I was COMPLETELY unmotivated to workout today. I almost quit 3 times during the workout and I'm rarely that way- I'll finish once I start. The last week has been a bit of an emotional struggle from the weight loss perspective (all effort, no reward) so kicking it in the butt today when I really didn't want to makes me proud.

jmfan317 06-03-2009 01:56 PM

Soon2befitchick- You'll lose the pound and be able to change your chick and your making great progress keep up the great work.

I didn't get my workout in on Monday cause I was so tried from Sunday night cause I didn't get home til like 2 am. I just took that day off. My eating has been really good the past 2 days not POP but I haven't been all up in the junk food thx goodness.:carrot: I did my 35 min ab bootcamp yesterday man I was sweating bullets. Today I have a 55 min basic bootcamp workout after lunch. I hope to see the scale go down this Saturday unless I end up having water retention or muscle gain possibly. I hope everybody else is doing good.

dixied 06-03-2009 02:14 PM

I have spent the morning (when not trying to post here :p) on www.dailyburn.com. It's the site that used to be gyminee, if any of you have heard of that site. It's a weight tracking/workout log/food log kind of site. But, it has a nice feature that I haven't found on any of the other such sites: "Create a Recipe". Finally a way to easily figure out how much calories/fat/protein/carbs in my favorite recipes. I could do the same thing with fitday.com, but it wasn't nearly as easy. I'm a happy camper. :D

If any of you decide to join (the basic program is free), let me know. You can "friend" people, who are then called your "Motivators". My user name is the same as on 3FC.

I'm considering paying for a 3 month Pro upgrade ($15 for 3 month) to check out their meal planner and grocery list maker. Then again, excel is free to use. :D

Jacque9999 06-03-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarahjs (Post 2768727)
I didn't realize how many of us from this area were on here!

What area in the burg do you live? Funny how you find people in your own backyard!! Maybe you want to join the boot camp I do 3 mornings a week. PM if you want the gory details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixied (Post 2768998)
This sucks. I just lost a huge post with personals to everyone who's posted since Monday. :mad: Grrr! I hope no one else had this problem. I'll be back once I've calmed down. :(

I HATE when that happens.

Meenamom 06-03-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixied (Post 2769291)
I have spent the morning (when not trying to post here :p) on www.dailyburn.com. It's the site that used to be gyminee, if any of you have heard of that site. It's a weight tracking/workout log/food log kind of site. But, it has a nice feature that I haven't found on any of the other such sites: "Create a Recipe". Finally a way to easily figure out how much calories/fat/protein/carbs in my favorite recipes. I could do the same thing with fitday.com, but it wasn't nearly as easy. I'm a happy camper. :D

If any of you decide to join (the basic program is free), let me know. You can "friend" people, who are then called your "Motivators". My user name is the same as on 3FC.

I'm considering paying for a 3 month Pro upgrade ($15 for 3 month) to check out their meal planner and grocery list maker. Then again, excel is free to use. :D

This looks excellent..Cant wait to look around there Thanks...dixied

Bindersbee You Rock!!!

What does POP mean??

zinkemomx2 06-03-2009 04:44 PM

POP = perfectly on plan

zinkemomx2 06-03-2009 04:46 PM

I feel pretty good right now. I was dressing to leave for my wog and decided to throw one of DH's old long sleeve t-shirts on. It was an XL and it fit comfortably!!!

I am also very ready for the heat to arrive in Northern Michigan. The stupid neighbors have still been using their wood stoves daily and the smoke is driving my lungs insane. We haven't used our furnace in 6 weeks...

Meenamom 06-03-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 (Post 2769513)
POP = perfectly on plan

Thanks so much!!!

me4life 06-03-2009 07:56 PM

i'm in the process of going thru my clothes cause they no longer fit...i was so in denial about being in a smaller size. i told my bf why didn't you tell me my but was hanging to my knees practically and still i was shocked to fit into a size 12

Soon2BFitChick 06-03-2009 10:19 PM

Hi!!

I've been OP but didn't get any exercise today bc was gone the whole day. :(

Can't wait to start walking to my son's swim stuff. It's more definite than what I mayyyy be able to fit it. 5 mornings a week. :strong:

Baby crying, gotta run and get them to bed again! Nite!

bjeweled 06-03-2009 10:33 PM

thanks!

today was supposed to be day 1 of detox but my sinuses have me feeling awful. i am going to bed early tonight so i can get on the wagon in the morning. hopefully this will pass without a trip to the doc.
in weird news i weighed in 6 pounds higher than when i left for miami on tuesday.
today i had lost 4 of those pounds :?:
weird huh?!? i'll take it though!

gnight

dgramie 06-03-2009 10:50 PM

Im here just been busy. I am addicted to the farming on facebook.LOL I am limiting myself now to just 15min twice a day.LOL

Newshinyme 06-03-2009 11:21 PM

Just coming to check in with everyone.

Exercise has been good since the beginning of the challenge. Now I only have to remember that THAT is what I have to do if I want to lose any weight.
Eating has been good as well. Hopefully the weekend won't derail my efforts once again. I now have some strategies in order to help me through though.

Keep up the good work everyone!

suzie42 06-03-2009 11:36 PM

Hi all!

Silly me...I hadn't realized that a new thread started for this week....duh! LOL

So I just got done reading through the posts for the week, glad everyone is doing well!
I'm stepping up my exercise because I think my body has figured out what I was doing and I've been stagnant on the weight loss for the past five days...grrr
The last time I gave losing weight a good try, was before my wedding (in 1990!) and the only way I accomplished that was to limit my eating to basically rice cakes and 1 small meal a day. (Not good I know...but that was what was working at the time.)
But now that I'm keeping track of calories in and calories out, it's working too...slowly but surely. :)

I hope everyone is having a great week!

I just got Jillian's 30 Day Shred...WOW is all I have to say after the first workout!

~Suzie

:cheer3: :goodluck: everyone! :cheer3:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...2/140/202/.png

Institches21 06-04-2009 12:50 AM

Hi Everybody,Just wanted to say Hi, before I go to bed, I had a really tough day. My back has been giving me trouble since I did day2 of my new running program, I think I need to rest for a day or so, and take it easier on my old self. I hope to be able to at least do some yoga tomorrow, today was totally out of the question.

Well, I need to go rest, have a great Thursday everyone.

Doragone 06-04-2009 06:40 AM

Hi Bombshells,
I entered my weight today as we will be out of town from today, Thursday thru Monday attending my daughter's Special Olympics meet in Grants Pass, then spending some time at the Rogue Valley River Campground. I've almost lost 2 pounds this week, better than last when I didn't even know we were "on".:p
We've had quite the thunderstorms here, but my garden loved it. Got a lot more in this year, including 3 kinds of corn - yum. Well, on the road again for me.

ttyl

Dora

scarahjs 06-04-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacque9999 (Post 2769455)
What area in the burg do you live? Funny how you find people in your own backyard!!

I live in Perry County but work in Camp Hill. Where are you from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixied (Post 2769291)
I have spent the morning (when not trying to post here :p) on www.dailyburn.com.

I registered on this site yesterday and it looks great. I'm excited to try the recipe thing. Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by me4life (Post 2769740)
i told my bf why didn't you tell me my but was hanging to my knees practically and still i was shocked to fit into a size 12

That is great. I would love to be in a size 12!!! Congrats!

Well I haven't worked out yet but I really want to try the Couch 25K. I know many people on here do it and I have been reading about. I'm just not sure I can do it. I always hated running. I was thinking about going out and buying a MP3 player and downloading Podcasts for it. So we will see.

Have a great day everyone!

Nixmom 06-04-2009 09:16 AM

Morning girls.

Looks like everyone has been busy! I just caught up on the thread. Thunderstorms here knocked out power for 8hours yesterday and I dang near went nuts! Couldn't walk outside (rain, lightening), couldn't treadmill (electricity needed). BF was stir crazy from silence and nothing to do, dog was anxious due to no exercise. Ugh..... We're back up now, but it looks bleek outside again today.

Been fairly OP the last 3 days... yet the scale moves upward. Dang TOM. Looking forward to walking at some point today to scare off some of its effects.

Dixied ~ my BF is the cook... I am going to give him that site address. I would love to know the real calories in some of his yummy recipes!

I would love to do personals. But gotta go catch up on another thread and get to work. Have a great day all! BBL

dixied 06-04-2009 10:06 AM

As I clicked on this thread to start reading, one of my Project Managers gave me a huge project that needs re-done ASAP. :mad: What sucks is that I'm redoing something because he doesn't know what he's doing! :(

Anyway, I'll be back later. But I do want to share my happy news.....I'm wearing size 6 pants today!!!! :carrot:

practiceliving 06-04-2009 10:23 AM

Dee - YAHOO!!! :woohoo: Way to go!

I've been struggling the last few days. This was my first gain on WW, and it's sent me for a bit of a spin. Staying one plan, but only just barely. Think I've figured out that things will improve if I start planning my lunches better - I do plan for breakfast, snacks, and dinner, but I've been eating lunch at work. It's just using too many points, and keeping me interested in not-so-great foods. So this weekend I'll be buying more groceries and planning my lunches for next week. Hopefully that will help me refocus.

It's also STINKING hot here lately - very unseasonably hot. It's 18C (65F) already, and it's only 7:20am! Yesterday it was up over 28C (82F), and very humid. Vancouver doesn't usually get this hot til late July/August.

suzie42 06-04-2009 11:13 AM

Good morning!

I wanted to pop in and say "Hi"!

I was happy this morning with the scale, losing a little after about 5 days of nothing. :carrot:

Have a great day everyone!

~Suzie

:cheer3: :goodluck: everyone! :cheer3:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...2/140/201/.png

zinkemomx2 06-04-2009 12:09 PM

I've undone almost all the damage from my excursion to my moms house. I might actually be able to post a loss this week. Now why can't I get my brain to comprehend that eating well actually works????

The plan today is to put the kids training wheels back on their bikes. We took them off a few weeks ago and the kids haven't touched their bikes since. I guess they just weren't ready. I would rather have them outside riding than so afraid they won't get on them at all. Maybe I can get the whole family to ride while I wog. One can hope.

Dix - Congrats on the 6's. That is SO awesome. I can only imagine how excited you are. I know I was ecstatic to be able to fit into a regular XL. It has been probably 12-15 years.

Soon2BFitChick 06-04-2009 01:26 PM

Hi Bombshells!!!! I have been working since I woke up at 7am. And haven't had a bite to eat. Starvvvvving. Going to have a tuna fish sandwich now, made healthy and soooo good! Gotta leave in a bit to run errands and will post tonight probably too. :comp:

Doing good except for finding time and after the whole day, finding energy for exercise. When I do, it's 20-30 mins. Just not enough. :tantrum:

Congrats to all of you who are able to find hours a day to exercise. I'm envious! And also congrats to all of you who are sticking to your new healthy way of eating, even when u aren't losing. It's the habit that will be most important in the long run. :hug:

I'll figure out something. Bye for now!!

Selina

jmfan317 06-04-2009 02:34 PM

I have my workout to do today. I love the daily burn website. Thxs dixied its so much more easier to keep track of my cals instead of trying the do it myself. I hope everybody is having a good day. I better get going I have somethings that I need to get done.

maryshady 06-04-2009 04:57 PM

Hi All!!

Drove to Pittsburg yesterday (about a 6 hour drive one way) and back. We went to see our newest nephew. He is adorable but the drive was a killer. Ate really well though and the scale was down to 174.8 this morning. which is 1.4 lbs away from my lowest weight. Looking forward to getting back there so I can feel a sense of accomplishment again.

I had a nsv today: dh is being really mean today I know it is part of his treatment. The medications give him mood swings. Well I came in determined to eat some potato chips I knew where in the pantry but I talked myself down and had a bag of 100 cal pop corn. I know I still ate because of emotions but I at least chose wisely.

Dee-:bravo: on the size 6's

Selena-Just do what you can fit into your day. You are doing great. Please don't compare yourself to anyone else it's like comparing apples to oranges. You are at one place in your life where all you can carve out is 20 mins which is fine for now.

Have a great day!!!

jmfan317 06-04-2009 08:32 PM

Well I ended up skipping my workout today. Some reason I was real tired and didn't feel motivated at all to workout. I have a long workout tomorrow. The tmill in the morning then a workout dvd after lunch. Then I have weigh in Saturday. I'm completely terrified about but we'll see what happens. I just don't want to gain weight at all. I will do a good job with my cal intake tomorrow.

angeline 06-04-2009 09:29 PM

well i'm checking in to stay accountable and so i get into the habit...don't want to miss another weigh-in!

dixied, man-oh-man congratulations on those size 6s!!!

can anyone compare the dailyburn to the daily plate?

had an interview to teach a power yoga position at a university and i was hired!!! had to do a teaching demo. i'll be teaching two days a week as part of the PE dept starting in late august. the term is 14 weeks and as long as there aren't any problems, it's considered my class and i'll have it for as long as i want it! i'm totally floored and quite excited. now i want to further my own practice between then and now. and it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway, lose more weight!

i started taking a live class once a week for the last two weeks and will continue to do so. my yoga class was yesterday. today i walked 4 miles around the neighborhood. tomorrow looks iffy for a workout.

Meenamom 06-04-2009 11:35 PM

Dixied I am excited for you about the size 6!!!

I did good 6 miles elliptical, 2 mile walk and Jillian's 30 day shred...I have been having a really hard time this week because of my TOM, they have been bad for the past 2 years and knock me out for a couple of days...Perhaps its the age 40 thing..
I had a good day
Have a beautiful night!!

Meenamom 06-04-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angeline (Post 2771640)
well i'm checking in to stay accountable and so i get into the habit...don't want to miss another weigh-in!

dixied, man-oh-man congratulations on those size 6s!!!

can anyone compare the dailyburn to the daily plate?

had an interview to teach a power yoga position at a university and i was hired!!! had to do a teaching demo. i'll be teaching two days a week as part of the PE dept starting in late august. the term is 14 weeks and as long as there aren't any problems, it's considered my class and i'll have it for as long as i want it! i'm totally floored and quite excited. now i want to further my own practice between then and now. and it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway, lose more weight!

i started taking a live class once a week for the last two weeks and will continue to do so. my yoga class was yesterday. today i walked 4 miles around the neighborhood. tomorrow looks iffy for a workout.

I am so excited for you...Yoga isn't easy....You Rock!!

Institches21 06-05-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meenamom (Post 2771791)
...I have been having a really hard time this week because of my TOM, they have been bad for the past 2 years and knock me out for a couple of days...Perhaps its the age 40 thing..

I, totally understand, but now that I'm 50, I'm ready for it to be over!!

dixied-:carrot: so happy for you!!

angeline-that is so exciting, about teaching a yoga class, hope it's a great class for you. I'm still at the beginings of learning yoga, the pose I love the most right now is sun saluations, not quite there yet, but I do enjoy the stretch.

maryshady-congrats on your nephew, hope tomorrow's a better day for hubby!

Soon2Be-you are busy,busy, 20or30mins is great, you are doing Super!

mjluva829-good luck at the scale :D

zinkemomx2-did you get to wog today?

suzie42-:carrot: yeah for the moving scale

practiceliving-:hug:

Nixmom-thunderstorms, do not like them at all. Hope today was a better day for you.

scarahjs-I was the same way, I'm not a runner, yet, and I'm taking it very slow, I do plan to do week one until I think I'm ready for week 2. Good Luck on choosing the right program for you.

Doragone-:D Yay on your loss, and enjoy your time away, it does sound like fun.

Me4life-You are doing so awesome!! :D enjoy your success

:wave: to all that I missed-Hope all is well by you

My back is so much better today, will give my run another try today, also yoga is on the plan today.

Yay-it's finally Friday-after two 4day work weeks this one was tough one to get through :dizzy: