Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

If there is no official challenge going on can't all of us who want to do a challenge just do a separate post. There really doesn't have to be a team or competition just challenging ourselves and being accountable to one another on that thread?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #407  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all i was finally able to wrestle the computer away from my daughter long enough to catch up on posts hoping to take max for a walk/run today. its the only way i manage to run...i'm trying to get where i can run more and he is a big help.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #408  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I'd like a continuing thread.

Also, I got up again this a.m. and worked out from 740 to 9am again. My left forearm was waking me up all nite, kept rubbing it but just hurts. I had carpal tunnel surgery a few yrs ago on my right wrist. And my doc checked this left one last time I was there and it seems it has worsened on the left so I am still going to modify and work out but just can't kill my arms like Jillian would like us to on that workout! LOL. 30 day shred?? Anyway, that's my update. 2 days so far this week. I tell you, I woke up sore all over. I felt like I'd been run over by a mac truck. Not good. And ALMOST didn't do it again this morning, but need to do mon, tues, and thurs every week for sure. plus some jogging in place etc on the other days, which are busier and I have to use those to catch up my work for when I took that time off to work out all morning. Well the baby is getting mad at me, better go!

Have a great day everyone. I hope to stay OP as well!

Hugs, Selina
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #409  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi team!

I'd be all up for the thread to keep each other accountable. I think it's a great idea and a very powerful motivator for me.

Yesterday for some reason I was insanely hungry, I tried sticking to plan but I was still hungry after eating my OP food. Today is a new day, and I am going back to eating on plan.

Selina: Glad to see you have a new sense of purpose. I am so proud of you and would be happy to help you any way I can.

Let's see if we can finish this week with a bang
Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I have been eating POP the last two days but the scale is still going up. I pulled out my old scale and it weighed me less than my new one. So I don't know what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
It's hilarious and I can relate to tons of these breaking up with bad habits letters. Here's the link:http://www.glamour.com/health-fitnes...-do-you-n.html
River-Loved this! I need to write a few of those myself! lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Mary, I do have that same problem, and for me it also comes from looking in the mirror and not being as TOTALLY disgusted as I had been before. What works for me is to try on that next clothing size and see how tight those things are. I hang them in my closet and try them on weekly for reinforcement. I also take pictures in my workout clothes and look at them closely. That usually helps to make me realize I'm not as small as my eyes think I am when I look in the mirror.
Sport-great ideas. I have a couple of pairs of size 12 jeans. I tried them on on Saturday and they fit but too tight to wear for the whole day. I need to take pics also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
I know, I can't believe it's almost over either. Normally the challenges follow the show, but the Red Team leader mentioned the show had been extended? I can't find any info on that. I'm no longer watching the show due tot he drama-llamas from last season, so I depend on the net for my info.
There are still 8 players left so I would guess at least another 6 weeks are left to the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Yes, I'd like a continuing thread.
Also, I got up again this a.m. and worked out from 740 to 9am again.
Great job on 2 days working out! Keep it up. You did it before you will do it again!

I am not sure if we can use this section or not for our post challenge thread but I would love to do it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
Hi team!

I'd be all up for the thread to keep each other accountable. I think it's a great idea and a very powerful motivator for me. Let's see if we can finish this week with a bang
Great the more people accountable to each other the better. I am with you: LET'S BANG IT this week

Let's have a rockin' POP plan today Girls!

Last edited by maryshady; 04-01-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #411  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

morning,
i'm in onderland this morning. now if i can maintain or lose more before weigh in would be sweet
Old 04-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Dee, I read that it was 15 weeks this time, but don't know why. Could we just all add 2 more weeks to our weigh ins, taking it from 13 weeks to 15? Can you & Cakses stand to do the calcs for 2 additional weeks? We can just all go in and add 2 more weeks to our weigh in charts individually, those of us who are still around.......

Last edited by sportmom; 04-01-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #413  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Dee, I read that it was 15 weeks this time, but don't know why. Could we just all add 2 more weeks to our weigh ins, taking it from 13 weeks to 15? Can you & Cakses stand to do the calcs for 2 additional weeks? We can just all go in and add 2 more weeks to our weigh in charts individually, those of us who are still around.......
That works for me, and I think Cakses will be okay with it too. I lost a day this week, the numbers will be up later today. Work is crazy and last night at home the interwebs were dragging. Off to add up and post those numbers right now.... And just got an e-mail from my boss. Someone shoot me. Please.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #414  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Are we really adding two weeks? Because that would be a lifesaver! I'm having a horrible HORRIBLE week and I just didn't want to end it like this. But even if we just have an accountability thread, I'm up for that.

Today all I've eaten is brownies and garlic bread. A lot of brownies and garlic bread. I didn't just fall of the wagon, I catapulted myself way way way over there. I just can't curb this stupid emotional eating!

Selina, I hope your arms feel better! *give you an arm rub*

me4life, I have to run/walk, too. I'm trying to add minutes each time but it's more like seconds. But keep at it! You'll be running far in no time! And huge congrats on being in onederland!

River, thanks for that... I can totally relate to the bloggers letter to staying up late, but maybe I need to write one to emotional eating.

Well, I'm going to try to drag my treadmill from the shed to the house. FUN STUFF! My hubby was supposed to fix it so I'm going to see how it's working now.

Last edited by inklestinkle; 04-01-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #415  

Unless I hear otherwise from the Red Team or the PTB (namely Chellez) we will add two weeks onto the challenge to stick with what's happening on the BL campus. Okey dokey?

How many calories does copying and binding burn? I've gone thru 6 CASES of copy paper in the last two days. I'm so tired.

However, when I was at the gym this morning, I decided to test my strength progression. When I started working out at the gym in October I could barely get thru 12 reps on the chest press machine at 10 pounds. This morning I did 12@20 lbs, 10@30lbs, 8@40lbs, 6@50, and then another 12@40lbs. I might have been able to go further, but it was supposed to be my HITT day, so I quit screwing around with the weights and hopped on the treadmill. My freeweights only go up to 30lbs, so before long I'll need another set. This is so light compared to what the chicks lift over on the Lifting thread, but at least I'm seeing real, measurable progress.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #416  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post

However, when I was at the gym this morning, I decided to test my strength progression. When I started working out at the gym in October I could barely get thru 12 reps on the chest press machine at 10 pounds. This morning I did 12@20 lbs, 10@30lbs, 8@40lbs, 6@50, and then another 12@40lbs. I might have been able to go further, but it was supposed to be my HITT day, so I quit screwing around with the weights and hopped on the treadmill. My freeweights only go up to 30lbs, so before long I'll need another set. This is so light compared to what the chicks lift over on the Lifting thread, but at least I'm seeing real, measurable progress.
That is awesome progress Dee.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #417  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hey Blue,
I was lookin at the results and I'm #1 runner up I'm happy bout that. Its a new month and another start and continuation. Unforunately I'm still on TOM but my eating hasn't been perfect but my wrkouts r perfect except I'm missed one wrkout but I'm gonna do it 2morrow mornin and the other wrkout 2morrow after lunch. Hope everybody else is doin good.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Good job Dee! It must be all that work on the binding machine making you stronger. I had a job like that once - kept getting stabbed by the little ends on the plastic coils, those things are sharp when they stretch out and then break lose from the stretching it out rods.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #419  

Oh my gosh, I just managed to post this in the challenge results thread. It's been one of those days!

I'm back from my trip and maintained this week. I would've loved to have seen a loss but after a full week at my mom's house with no access to working out and having my meals/snacks cooked for me I feel like I did pretty well. My eating has been good except for yesterday. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm back on track again today. I've been ramping up the running again, and I hope that helps me with this week. I actually got back 3 days ago but work has been INSANE, so I've barely had a chance to breathe let alone clean or read or even unpack

Dee, nice improvement! I too hope to someday be strong enough to hang with the big girls in the lifting forum. We'll get there!

me4life, WOOHOO!!!!! Congrats on Onderland AND being the biggest loser this week! I'm so excited for you!

I'm definitely up for adding more weeks to the challenge. I could really use the motivation, and I want to make my goal darn it!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #420  

Had a really good session of HITT this morning at the gym, then belatedly realized that I was supposed to be lifting, not running. Guess I'll lift tonight and just call it a bonus cardio session.

No more binding for me. I'm stuck at the front desk playing receptionist. That's me with my fake smile and fake perkiness today. It's been raining for a week straight, and I don't want to be here today.

I'm all whiny today. It's been 11 weeks since I started BFL, and I can't doubt the progress I've made in strength gains and pants size, but I still feel flabby. I think that's more a product of where my head is at than the program. I was really sidetracked by the back injury and I'm finding it very hard to get back on plan. Monday was supposed to start a do-over at week one, but I've been giving it less than the 100% it requires. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pressed nose first against the vending machine, but I didn't even think about turning down a homemade apple dumpling that a co-worker brought me. (it was small, and I did say no thanks to seconds) I guess I don't want to count this as week 1, because I'm not giving it my all, and I want every week to really be the best possible. I think my OCD is showing a little, with the "if it's not perfect I must redo it" attitude.

I blame my mother. Every project I attempted as a child she redid for me, to "fix" it.