3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/161599-party-like-its-2009-red-team-chat-2-a.html)

aangel22 01-23-2009 05:44 PM

QOTD: Definitely the 17 year old girl who thought she was fat but really wasn't because she had an @$$ and the popular girls didn't... She's yelling and screaming at me to shape up! That girl could run 2 miles without a care, do 50 real push-ups, 100 real sit-ups, she could do pretty much anything including doing an awesome obstacle course at Ft. Jackson and wall climbing. That girl keeps me going because that girl was me. I know I have the ability to do all of that and more because I've done it before. Oh, and Jillian! I love her. :)

jlbake 01-23-2009 05:52 PM

QOTD: I'm my own best motivator. I have to do this for me! I want to be healthy. I want to be active! I don't want anything to stand in my way!

Yesterday's QOTD: My husband is the only one who has noticed anything so far. He said he could tell I was smaller when he hugged me. I don't mind compliments on my weight loss from those who are close to me because they know I'm working on it. But I find those comments weird from other acquaintances. Several years ago, after I had two babies in 16 months, it took around a year for all the weight to come off. I felt weird when people commented on it because I didn't see myself as overweight at all--just as a new mom with two pregnancies to recover from. I moved during my pregnancies, so no one had ever seen me thin before. It made me feel like they thought I had always been overweight which wasn't the case at all.

I'm sorry for those who are struggling right now! Don't lose heart ... just keep up the good work. It will make a difference eventually.

I'm feeling better today. I'm still coughing some and I'm tired, but I think I'll be back to normal soon.

moonrosee 01-23-2009 06:54 PM

QOTD: Who is your best motivator? It can be your spouse, kids, friend that makes you workout with him/her, Jillian/Bob...whoever. Who's voice do you hear in your head when you want to quit? Or who is screaming out loud at you?

I always hear Jillian, screaming at me that I can't quit, that I have it in me to do this. :)

Shy Moment 01-23-2009 07:18 PM

QOTD
I would have to say myself. No matter what anyone says I have to believe it. So in believing I can achieve.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Our Internet is here today and gone in 5 min. They have people out working all over the place. Wish they would get it fixed because it is starting to get on my last nerve.

My husband comments on my weight loss a lot. He is my big cheerleader, my kids are also full of encouragement. No one else really says anything at all. BOY OH BOY did all those people that never had a nice word to say to me about all the weight I lost sure notice when I was sick again and on all those darn meads. When the pounds started to come back on it was all I heard about.

mtiger 01-23-2009 07:21 PM

It is interesting how many people have siad their biggest motivator is themselves. I also motivate myself. It has become a challenge with my self to do more, workout longer, run faster, whatever I'm working on. I want to be strong, thin, sexy and all that good stuff. Jillian has been helping me out a bit too.

Up a bit more today and quite tired of it. I am ready for it to start coming abck off. I am about 3.5 pounds up from last weigh-in. I knew it would happen, but enough already. I go through this every month. I gain 3-4 pounds two weeks before TOM (now) then go back down. Then I go up a little just before TOM. It gets old.

Well I'll pop in and see how everyone is tomorrow.

RangerChic 01-23-2009 10:16 PM

QOTD: Who is your best motivator? It can be your spouse, kids, friend that makes you workout with him/her, Jillian/Bob...whoever. Who's voice do you hear in your head when you want to quit? Or who is screaming out loud at you?

Myself along with Jillian and former Biggest Losers. The Biggest Loser really has been a huge motivator for me, Jillian (and Bob) of course, but some of the former cast (Suzy, Ali, Brittany, etc) have been just as much a motivator for me.

willow650 01-23-2009 11:06 PM

I got a WII FIT!!!

I havent done much with it, just got it tonight then we had to go to a party at the neighbors. My hubby has had a couple drinks and he is trying the balance movemmets, its kinda funny.

JasonsLea 01-24-2009 03:14 AM

^^^ So jealous, Willow!

QOTD: I'll have to say myself...and I'm a sorry motivator. Totally explains the non-weight loss going on along with my other issues. :dz:

So payroll took half of my check for medical insurance today. Seriously, half my check! I only get around $323 every two weeks (that's why I'm so broke!) and they took $148. I went to work early and talked to them, basically there was a screwup and they took out too much (duh!). We fixed it and the overflow will be (supposedly) posted to my next paycheck. If it wasn't for the fact that I should be getting my tax refund within the next week, I WOULD HAVE HIT THE ROOF! But I was like whatever and laughed a little. I also ran into Joe, the HR guy and asked him about anymore valet openings. The valet position is my only way out of nutrition and food right now. The only way! He looked me right in the eye and said 'You really want to get out of there, don't you?' No shyt! I thought I had stressed the fact that I need to get out of this department the first time I met him! :rolleyes: I'm just hoping that he can do the same thing he did for Louie for me and get me the **** out of that department ASAP!

Ladybug2680 01-24-2009 08:48 AM

I would have to say my motivators are my kids, Jillian and Bob. I also have two friends that keep me motivated when I feel like giving up.

As far as compliments go I haven't really gotten any because I haven't lost a lot of weight yet. However, I have had one co-worker tell me that me that I look smaller in my stomach area. So I guess there are little changes happening.

Things have been a bit hectic this week and I haven't had a lot of time to get on and chat. I had to have blood drawn on Monday for a cholesterol, sugar, and iron check. Come to find out I have high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. The dr suggested a diet based on the glycemic index and also said I may want to look into the South Beach Diet. So I picked up the book and will start reading it startly.

CruiseCAT 01-24-2009 09:23 AM

I too am my own best motivator.... and worse enemy. I can only do this for myself or to myself. No one else is going to get me healthy just like no one got me fat. As much as I would like to blame DH for bringing in all the crap he did not shove it down my pie hole..... lol

I MUST TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR MY OWN ACTIONS!!!

bradleys mom 01-24-2009 09:31 AM

Okay, don't kill me you all! I had a 6.1 gain from my last weigh in. I have lost 2 lbs since last week which I suppose is a good thing, But I cant wait to get back to my pre-preg weight! (230)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseCAT (Post 2572402)
I too am my own best motivator.... and worse enemy. I can only do this for myself or to myself. No one else is going to get me healthy just like no one got me fat. As much as I would like to blame DH for bringing in all the crap he did not shove it down my pie hole..... lol

I MUST TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR MY OWN ACTIONS!!!

I agree 100%! I am also motivated by BL. Mondays and Tuesdays are always my regret days as I almost always screw up on the weekends. I look forward to Tuesday nights so I can get some motivation, tips and a great LCW!

willow650 01-24-2009 10:03 AM

OK, already did a small work on my Wii Fit. I did hulu hoop 2 times and super hulu hoop 1 time-408 circles. also did 2 jogs. This thing is so much fun. I am really sore from work out with mt trainer at the gym yesterday so Im not even trying the strength stuff yet, just the cardio. I cant wait to get my heart monitor/calorie counter some time next week.

RangerChic 01-24-2009 12:00 PM

So, its now 12pm and I'm sitting here in the clothes I slept in (t-shirt and sweatpants). I am sort of not really feeling like doing anything, but I know I need to take a shower soon so I can at least go out for a walk later or something to get my booty moving.

modcat44 01-24-2009 12:12 PM

RangerChic--GET UP OFF THE COUCH and go put on WO clothes--:drill: Just do it! You will feel much better even with a little walk today, just get something under your belt! :)

QOTD--well, it really is myself. My old trainer helped, a ton, and I still see her at the gym and think of her telling me to keep going, etc. But really, it is myself that I am doing this for. I'd like to say I always wanted to look my best, and I guess I did, but when I was younger, I still looked "cute", if a little overweight. But now, my age is catching up with me and I don't want to look old, fat, and dumpy!! If I have to get older, I want to at least look kinda hot "for my age", lol! And, I want (need!) more energy! I still want to be active, and strong, and enjoy life!

Well, off to the gym. I updated my IPod and feel really motivated again today--yaay me. ;)

jlbake 01-24-2009 12:59 PM

Willow-Yay! I love my Wii Fit!

Bradley's mom-Don't sweat it! You had surgery and your body needs time to recover.

I had WI this morning. I'm down more than 2 pounds! I'm very happy about that especially since I struggled with exercise this week since I didn't feel good.

DH brought home pizza from Costco last night. I'm glad I checked the calorie count online. I checked a few different sites and it's between 700-800 calories per slice! Wow! I had no idea it would be so high. I chose to eat something else. He felt bad for bringing it home, but neither of us realized how high the count would be.

Have a fabulous OP weekend Red Team!