3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/161599-party-like-its-2009-red-team-chat-2-a.html)

cakses 01-26-2009 04:11 PM

Did 8.5 miles on the bike and that was all the time I had this morning after work. Still have to do my upper body weights and I am debating whether to do them now or tonight. I might do another workout after swim team tonight - just a few miles on the treadmill to get my mileage up more for January.

Did I mention I am DYING to get a treadmill for my house? I could do 3 times as many miles with it here. Oh well. It's coming soon after tax rebates so I can chill for a little bit longer! I don't know if I even mentioned that. In September when we moved to this house, the Army decided not to pay my husband and we were broke and I mean broke. And all I had that was worth anything to sell was my treadmill I had bought in 2007 or my wedding ring and well you can guess what I chose. I was super depressed over it but it helped us out big at the time. So when I told my husband our estimated tax return he said I can have some money to get a treadmill since he knows I am missing it. Yipee! Now I just have to find a good deal :) I am glad my hubby recognizes my efforts and wants me to get another treadmill. I am so excited to get one it's not even funny.

TheRose 01-26-2009 05:31 PM

Hello Team! Sorry for not writing so much here.. I have a lot of work right now.. Anyway, this weigh-in went better than last week. I lost 2 pounds, that's good. I also just finnished my second week of C25K, only 7 weeks left, I like it a lot.
This weeks challenge I'm going for 400 min of workout, and my trouble-spots are my abs and my arms,, (my legs to, but they get so tired of running, so I'll take them another time.. )
Hope we win tomorrow :)

willow650 01-26-2009 05:35 PM

Exercise wasnt much for me today. I went to the gym to do the program the trainer set up, went the the 1st 1/3 of it when my kids school called so I had to run up there and drop something off. I went back to the gym to finish but apparently the trainer had to step out and the doors were locked so I came home. I did about 30min on Wii Fit with cardio and balance games.

modcat44 01-26-2009 09:02 PM

WTG willow on not giving up on the exercise and coming home to continue!! That's the way to get results, and not let circumstances easily distract you from what you need to do! :cp:

cakses--good luck on finding a great deal on a tm!! I too had to sell mine when I moved across the country 2 years ago--but so far, I am getting out to the gym pretty regularly so I don't think I need one, right now. But, it would be nice to have one in front of the tv.....:D

Kelleigh--it will come--keep at it.....

ok, had a good week-end and not terrible today, but just got home from work and no exercise yet. Will do something after dinner, maybe a yoga wo with some core crunches.....

ASHmomma 01-26-2009 09:10 PM

Chiquita623 -What part of Illinois are you from?

mtiger 01-26-2009 09:14 PM

I had the laziest weekend. I did shove some driveway, get groceries and vaccuum. I worked out Friday and Sat. and the rest of the weekend I spent sitting on the couch watching tv. I stayed on plan but the scale stayed the same. Tonight I did BL Bootcamp. THE WHOLE THING!! 55 min. of BOB trying to kill me. YIKES!!!

I hope to see some movement on the scale tomorrow, in the correct direction.

Cakses- You are doing awesome.
Willow- Good job getting that workout in.
Kelleigh- Darn scale.
Ash- I'm sure you will look great in that dress.

Gotta go check out the exercise challenge now.

AmberD 01-26-2009 09:25 PM

ASHmomma- I'm sorry you had a stressful week:hug: but I bet that dress will look amazing on you!!

Willow -- way to salvage at least some of your work out!!

Mtiger -- wow! 55 minutes! That's really impressive! I never get through whole workout videos.

Cakses -- I'm completely inspired by the amount of working out you do. Running, biking, weight lifting... makes me want to get up off my lazy bum. I hope you get the treadmill, you surely deserve it.

I got a loss this week. It's nothing short of miraculous. But last week and all it's slip ups are behind me, I'm starting this week with a PLAN and a GOOD ATTITUDE.
My secret goal is to be 175 by my half in March. :hug: Thanks for keeping me on track guys!

Shy Moment 01-26-2009 11:02 PM

Sounds like many of us are having some great weight loss. Others of us are just hanging in there. Not to worry for those of us that aren't seeing the numbers we want. We will get to where we want to be as long as we stick with it.

Just putting my 2 cents in. I used a treadmill for awhile. All it ever got me was walking in the same place lol. I started doing walking aerobic videos. Wow, didn't take any time at all and I could really see a difference in my body. I never saw this difference in my arms, legs and generally all over my body when I used the treadmill. I know a lot of people love treadmills but I have never understood ( maybe someone can explain this to me ). Why spend the time to just walk or even running in one place when you can spend the same amount of time and raise the heart rate, get some resistance training and move the body in ways you can't do on a tread mill? AND it doesn't cost but a couple of bucks for a few videos.

starmac13 01-27-2009 12:34 AM

Funny story. I went to the gym today and as soon as i went over to the treadmills, I saw one of my friends' moms on a treadmill. I waved hi and then went on about my workout. Half way into my run I happened to look up and saw this woman pointing at me and motion something about my legs and rear end to my friend's mom. The two laughed for a bit and chatted. Then I went back to my run. Turns out the woman thought that I was my friend's mom's daughter (we look alike actually) and wanted to compliment me on my legs. That was pretty cool. I guess something is going right. Woot

Rose - I am doing C25K too. It is awesome. Keep it up

Willow - way to just move the workout home.

Ash- awesome motivation

mtiger - how is the bootcamp? I want to buy another DVD but dont know which one i want.

Clykk 01-27-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberD (Post 2569367)

RED TEAM! I NEED SOME HELP!!

I'm feeling really low right now. My exercise has been great! I get up almost every morning between 4:30 - 5 am and run at least three miles, and I'm really proud of myself for doing it for a month now. But my eating is so not OP!!! I'm not terrible, but I'm terrible about 40% of the time, which is not good enough to see weight loss. It almost makes all my exercise seem like a waste :(. I don't know why I can't get this eating thing under control!!! I want this! I actually LIKE healthy food!!! So how is that a hamburger ends up on my plate instead of the chicken breast? I just went on a little mini binge too :( Luckily, I don't keep junk in the house, so I could only go so bad

I just needed to whine a bit :( It just aggravates me so much that I KNOW what I need to do, but I just can't get it together enough to DO it.

I have been super busy of late, so am only responding now. All I can say is it sounds like you're me. I have the exact same story! Does it help to know that you are not alone?!:^:

RangerChic 01-27-2009 09:37 AM

starmac, I love the newest Biggest Loser videos. The Boot Camp is a great workout and I'd definitely recommend it.

modcat44 01-27-2009 10:06 AM

I almost bought the Bootcamp video the other day, but wasn't sure if it was a good one--now I now I will next time I see it! It does sound like it's worth it....

bradleys mom 01-27-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerChic (Post 2578431)
starmac, I love the newest Biggest Loser videos. The Boot Camp is a great workout and I'd definitely recommend it.

Shannon - Could you describe some of the workouts? How would the bootcamp work for a beginner?

CruiseCAT 01-27-2009 03:18 PM

I'm so excited.... yesterday I posted I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to do C25K week four but when I got on the treadmill I DID IT!!!

The second five minute run I almost stopped at 3.5 minutes but I pushed through.... I could hear Bob Harper telling me to keep going so I did.

Tomorrow is week 4 day 2!!!!

cakses 01-27-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseCAT (Post 2579288)
I'm so excited.... yesterday I posted I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to do C25K week four but when I got on the treadmill I DID IT!!!

The second five minute run I almost stopped at 3.5 minutes but I pushed through.... I could hear Bob Harper telling me to keep going so I did.

Tomorrow is week 4 day 2!!!!

Congrats! It's a hard program but it can be done! I never truly graduated from it but it got me from not being able to run like at all to 2 miles. From 2-3 miles I did my own thing. Keep at it, running is the best and that's coming from the girl who HATED it before!