Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #76  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
My focus has been to maintain balance...This should help! You did a great job dixied! I'm in! do we record our points in the regular excersise thread...Or will there be a new one for this challenge?
I'll start a new thread on Saturday evening. I'll also post a log page that can be printed out, I'm bad about forgetting to post mine daily, and then trying to remember what I did when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
I think it's great. Now, the question would be.... Right now I am doing a circuit kind of workout that does some cardio, strength and has a stretching routine at the end..does that mean with that I would get 1 point for time and 3 points for cardio, strength and flexibility? Or where you looking for something where we'd add all those components to whatever we're already doing?
Nope, you would currently get 4 points every time you do that workout. Good job on that, I find myself lacking on the flex and balance portions.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Well, back from my HIIT BFL-inspired walk/run. It was pretty intense. By the end I thought I would die and had no desire to eat off plan! I don't know why I was calling it a slight jog in my last post - ha! It was worse than the c25k... i was up to 4.5 and a 5 at the end. Unfor, I seem to have triggered my asthma (the coughing kind, not the breathing kind) so, while it was a great experience, I think I may choose to focus on walking fast a bit longer - at least until it warms up to double digits around here.

Last edited by sportmom; 01-16-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #78  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey guys.. i have been ditant online.. but i hope for a good weigh in on monday! my friend and i are having a great 'wellness retreat week'! im so glad she flew up to visit! its just what a needed!

i ran miles the other day in 45 mins1 my best tme ever and the longest distance ever! im hoping for five by next week!

we can win back to back week guys! WE CAN!! we are the blue team! yay!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #79  

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone! I started my period today, and went out to lunch with my DH [mexican food] so no telling what this weekend's weigh-in will look like. I was down a pound earlier this week though. Hope everyone is seeing their numbers go down. If not, we'll get 'em next week!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #80  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Bluezers .... I'm still alive and barley kicking. Ready for a fantastic nights sleep. Hope to catch up tomorrow! Just wanted to make my presence known incase I get sidetracked... wanted to make sure the team knew I hadn't bailed on the challenge! ;0)

Type to ya soon!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies - just a quick drive-by to share this fascinating article with you all: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...eFoodWine/home
Old 01-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #82  

Height: 5'5"

Ok ladies, so I worked out today in the FREEZING COLD. First I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops...

No, really I stayed POP today and ran a few miles. I'm about to do some strength work and then off to bed for me. I'm up way past my bedtime, like usual I really think my lack of sleep lately has been impacting my mood and energy levels. It's like my body never gets the chance to fully recover. Anyway, I do feel much better today, which may or may not be directly related to all of the clean, real food I ate today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
I think my weigh in will be similar to last week's. I've been running and eating well but my losses are slow. Today's schedule, work, run and then an aveda massage.
Ahhhh, I'm so jealous of your Aveda massage! Sounds like the perfect reward to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
Well today was my weigh in and I only lost 0.4. I was hoping for more, but I will just have to work harder this week. You guys have to keep me accountable for working out more this week, please!
Have a great day everyone.
Hey, a loss is a loss, so congratulations Do you have any specific goals for working out this week that we can help you meet? Minutes, times, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn225 View Post
This is what i'm seeing from all of you... everyone is falling into the dreaded week 2...while I am thinking 'Maybe I can work my butt off this weekend and be the BIGGEST LOSER THIS WEEK!!' Haha. Maybe everyone else should aim for that if we aren't going to have 10lb losses to compete with (by the way, great job ladies!).
Ha! StacyLynn, you crack me up Ok everyone, guess the gauntlet has been thrown! Time to get my butt into gear, that's for sure.

You won't get away with it that easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I'm going out tonight for dinner and drinks to celebrate my b-day and will probably be over calories but right back on track tomorrow morning!
Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a blast tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
Well this hasn't been a productive work day for me. I've been busy though, trying to get this exercise challenge figured out. I have a rough outline, and now I want some constructive criticism. I'm going to attach it as a pdf, look it over and see if you think it's a) fair and b) easy to understand.
Dee, very nice!! I'm super excited to start this challenge. It's really easy for me to work out, but a lot harder for me to find balance in those workouts. I really like how you worked the main components of fitness in there, and the stretching section at the end is awesome. This must've taken some serious time and effort. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Hey guys.. i have been ditant online.. but i hope for a good weigh in on monday! my friend and i are having a great 'wellness retreat week'! im so glad she flew up to visit! its just what a needed!

i ran miles the other day in 45 mins1 my best tme ever and the longest distance ever! im hoping for five by next week!

we can win back to back week guys! WE CAN!! we are the blue team! yay!
Abby, congratulations on your PR time! I know you can do five, way to go! I like your friend, and it sounds like she's a good influence. Glad you're doing good!

Finally, thank you guys for maintaining a good attitude!!! That's why I <3 the BLUE team!

Last edited by JoyfulVegGirl; 01-17-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #83  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sticking with it pretty good here. Been busy the last few days.

I got my hair cut Thursday night and now I'm sitting here with the color soaking. Regular haircuts and color, something I do for myself. Always makes me feel better about myself.

I get it cut at the local beauty college, cheap!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #84  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning everyone

Very cold here this morning. I finished my coffee and cereal and am ready to do my workout. I have few errands to run this afternoon so will be out most of the day. My period greeted me this morning...we all know how that goes.

Ciao for now chicas ...stay warm and OP everyone. Have a great Saturday.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I was down 2.5 lbs at weigh in this morning Which is great for me. I am usually a slow loser but since starting this challenge and really counting everything that goes into my mouth I am doing great! I barely worked out this week 'cause of my back so I am really happy with that number.

Can't wait to see everyone's losses this week! Keep it the hard work

Last edited by maryshady; 01-17-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #86  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Bluesers!

It's cold and it is the weekend so I have to rely on my own motivation to get any excersise done since I don't have myindoor walking path available. When it is this cold...I just want to eat mass quantities of something hot, heavy and smothered in cheese top it off with an entire cheesecake and go to bed!

But...I won't!

I will stay OP today and I will do level 1 of the 30DS.

There...it is in writing...so now I have to do it!

QOTD: Do the seasons affect your ability to stay OP? Why?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #87  

hey blue!!!

heather, my classes, at this time, are a very basic flow. most of the participants haven't practiced in a while, if at all, so i'm covering the basics while still trying to keep them engaged and provide them a nice mind/body workout. i teacher trained in los angeles years ago and, again, most recently at a local yoga studio. i struggled a lot with consistancy after moving from los angeles. i loved, loved, loved my main teacher there and when she left, found other studios i enjoyed. i most appreciate a class that is tied to a theme and that's what i want to bring to my classes. whether the theme is gratitude, acceptance, surrendering, opening/softening the heart OR arms, core, back, etc. so that's my goal. for january, my theme is opening to the possibilities (of 2009, of yoga, of what i can become).

dixied, i can't wait to check out the challenge. for some reason i couldn't open the attachment until this morning. i had to save it first to my computer and then open it (i didn't try that last night).

i love, love, love my new scale. i get a consistent reading everytime i get on and off (didn't have that before and it's quite frustrating). and to top it off, i'm down a lb. hoping i can add to it before the final weigh-in!!

i have meals planned for the weekend (i'm usually lax with weekend dinners but this time). groceries are bought and i'm ready.

i'm off to zumba - i'm excited coz i've never gone to a saturday class and this is with a different teacher so i'm looking forward to the variety. have a good weekend!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #88  
Takin' charge of my life!

Thank you ladies for all of the great compliments!! I wish I would've come in here sooner to see them and thank you each individually! I've been sick the the last few days of the work week so the last thing I wanted to do was to come online Sorry But I am feeling better now and ready to get at it again!

QOTD:When you hit a plateau how do you try to get past it?

I alter the calorie intake for a day or two and that usually helps. Either I'll eat about 10% more or 10% less. I know the 10% more is best for you, but the 10% less usually kicks my rear as well.

Happy birthday Heather!!!!!!!

Dixie, I am looking forward to the new challenge! I did horrible with exercise last week due to being sick, but I am back at it!! Went to the gym at 6 am this morning! Loved it cause there was HARDLY anyone there!!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #89  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Quote:
In the summer, I swim, play tennis and hike a lot more. Fall is a typical time for me to get focused on something and this year it was my fitness. Unlike a few people on here, I'm not bored by my treadmill, it's got a big TV in front of it so I like to watch movies or shows- so I'm getting a lot of running in there.

Someone just left my place with 8 pairs of designer denim in size 32 and 31 for a steal. In a way I'm really happy they didn't fit anymore but I'm down to 1 pair of jeans now and I'm sad to see all my great jeans go. Bittersweet.

Anyhow, enough musings, time to RUN!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #90  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Morning everyone! I worked my bum off some more last night and managed to pull off a 2lb loss this week. Congrats to everyone else on their losses too! And to those who are having a tough time, hang in there!

GEAUX BLUE TEAM!

I saw this interesting article on Yahoo this morning: http://health.yahoo.com/experts/heal...r-weight-loss/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjluva829 View Post
QOTD:When you hit a plateau how do you try to get past it?
I try to figure out why... not enough water, too many or too few calories, not enough exercise, then I'll try different things until it gets back on track.

Quote:
Yes, that's why I waited until after Christmas to make a commitment to lose weight. I didn't think I could do it in the fall and beginning of winter. We always have so many sweets and enormous meals with leftovers to last weeks, and try not to spend extra money that we need for Christmas shopping on extra, separate healthy food.