Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Ugh. Can someone find my self destruct button and turn it off? I'm having a crap day and feel myself sliding....
I took your button with me about 3 miles down the road. You're going to have to go get it yourself!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

Marianne, I just saw your dress. It's gorgeous!! And October will give you plenty of time!! I don't have any arm exercises, but I can be your cheering section... you can do it!!!

me4life, I'm so happy your puppy is better!!! yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today is OP day #19 and my official weigh-in day. I'm happy to report that I've had a loss for the 3rd week in a row!
Wow! Congratulations!! 19 days OP is wonderful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinpossible View Post
Seriously, what is wrong with people? "OMG Auntie, what happened to your nose, it's HUGE! Has it always been so ENORMOUS?"
LOL! And what's funny... she really does have a big nose!!!

I was really astounded when she made the comments. I know she meant well in her mind, but it was all I could do not to binge that night when I was alone. I didn't (yay me!) but I did take one bite of leftover cake and then thought, what am I doing??!! and put all the leftovers down the drain. Too bad for anyone else that might've wanted them!

Things like that always make me want to give up instead of pushing me to go forward and do better. I need to work on that!

Do you modify your eating or exercise when your TOM arrives?

I usually allow myself a rest day on the worst day, along with one treat. I know if I don't give in and have a treat, I won't be able to control it. Sometimes I also have just one square of the darkest dark chocolate. Just that one square will hold off my outrageous chocolate cravings.

Thanks to everyone for the support with that stupid comment, and for the well wishes for the baby. He's out of the hospital and back home! yay! He'll have to be checked tomorrow to make sure it's staying down, but so far so good.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #138  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I usually have one bad item a week or allow myself to eat past 7 pm one day thats only when TOM arrives. Most of the time not really. I usually just stick with my diet and workout my normal days. I don't really get cravings for sweets.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #139  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

There is reason to embrace your TOM girls...
I always hated mine. It meant at least a 3 lb fluctuation every month...Then in 2001, I had the hysterectomy. No more TOM. That was when the scale started climbing out of control. I was always hungry and could gain up to 4 lbs per week! went from 137 to 200 almost overnight! Yikes!!! ThenI longed for those little 3 lb fluctuations every month...At least they went away.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #140  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
There is reason to embrace your TOM girls...
I always hated mine. It meant at least a 3 lb fluctuation every month...Then in 2001, I had the hysterectomy. No more TOM. That was when the scale started climbing out of control. I was always hungry and could gain up to 4 lbs per week! went from 137 to 200 almost overnight! Yikes!!! ThenI longed for those little 3 lb fluctuations every month...At least they went away.
Ditto! I had a hysterectomy and quit smoking all at once. I gained 75 more pounds in less than 2years. I don't miss TOM at all, but I do miss my natural hormone balance.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-19-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #141  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I don't change anything during tom.I really think I lose weight during that week. I am back at the gym finally! My computer is down again.I am using my daughters lap top right now. It is so much different than my computer!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #142  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Rhonda (GirlyGirl) where are you in Georgia?…I’m in Woodstock. Regarding the RPM (spin) class. I tried the class a couple times and didn’t like it. Folks said you had to give it 3-5 times and now I must confess I am now sold on the class. I have foot problems and it’s one of the few things I can do that doesn’t aggravate my foot. Don’t be afraid of the class. You can sit there and just pedal at your preferred speed the entire class. No one cares what you do and you are the one that just has to push yourself a bit. Be prepared to sweat!

Me4Life – thanks for the great update on Boxer Max! There’s nothing more pathetic than a puppy under the weather!

AUNTIE Naia – hope your baby cousin is doing better and congrats on the pending arrival of your new niece or nephew. As far as the rude relative, it just amazes me that anyone can have the courage to speak like that. Just shake it off and chalk it up to his/her stupidity.

Practice Living – I agree with everyone else. Beautiful dress!!! As far as arm exercises….In addition to other suggestions in the post, check out these upper arm exercises….http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/...-arm-flab.html

Night all!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Ladies, thanks for all the nice comments about my dress! I'm so excited.

Yesterday Adam and I went and signed up at our new gym. We got in a short (30mins) workout on the treadmill, too, and we'll be back there tomorrow night! My plan is to cardio it up for the next month or two, along with some body weight exercises at home, then get going on the free weights.

Ggmugsy - What are military alternates?

Naia - Oh my gosh, what a week for you! Hope your cousin's baby is okay. Your aunt sounds like a real piece of work - what a jerk!

me4life - glad Max is doing better!

DJ - Way to roll with the punches and plan ahead! As for the laxative tea - as long as you are normally intestinally healthy, you are probably okay, but next time you see your doctor it's worth asking about.

Rhonda - I am so proud of you for 19 days OP!!!!

dla - Hope you get your clearance. Are you feeling better?

Barb - I picked ivory for my dress Congrats on your visit to the gym!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #144  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Well chickies . . .

Sorry i missed our weigh-in this week. I have truly been out of it. After considering that what some of you said about depression, I looked up some books on the matter and they are on their way. The main one, "Boundaries" caught my attention with the information from the "free" pages on my google search "Christians out of control eating, over spending":

Fear of relationship. People really want to be loved but their out-of-control behavior (over-eating, over-spending) keeps others away. Some people use their tongues to keep other people at bay. (Sounds like someone’s aunt?)

Unmet emotional hungers, We all need love during the first few years of life. If we don’t receive this love, we hunger for it the rest of our lives. This hunger for love is so powerful that when we don’t find it in relationships with other people, we look for it in other places such as in food, in work, in sexual activity or in spending money. (Dad)

Being under the law. many Christians raised in legalistic environments were not permitted to make decisions for themselves. When they try to make their own decisions they feel guilty. This guilt forces them to rebel in destructive ways. Food addictions and compulsive spending are often reactions against strict rules. (My youth was very legalistic, and I am certain some of my habits are rebellion against that.)

Covering emotional hurt. People who are injured emotionally, who were neglected or abused as children, disguise their pain by overeating, drinking too much, or working too much. They may abuse substances to distract from the real pain of being unloved, unwanted and alone. If they were to stop using these disguises, their isolation would be intolerable. (My father was my abuser - enough said)

Who needs to take ownership? At this point take the painful step of taking responsibility for your out-of-control behavior. The behavior pattern may be directly traceable to family problems, neglect, abuse or trauma. In other words our boundary conflicts may not be all our fault. They are, however, our responsibility. (This is what I’ll be working on.)

The problem is that many people with boundary struggles are also quite isolated from deep relationships. They have no “rootedness” in God or others (Eph. 3:17) Thus, they have to take what they think are steps backward to learn to connect with others. Connecting with people is a time-consuming, risky and painful process. Finding the right people, group, or church is hard enough, but after joining up, admitting your need for others may be even more difficult. (I am pretty isolated, I work alone, spend a lot of time in one-person projects, though I do go to church - I have not made close connections)

Do it yourself people will often fall back into a cognitive or willpower approach, simply because it’s not as slow or as risky. They’ll often say things like, “Attachment is not what I want. I have an out-of-control behavior, and I need relief from the pain!” (This is where comfort foods come in - relief from the pain - at least, I think so.)

Anyway - I can’t wait to get the book and let you know how I’m doing. I’ve done better today, on plan, but no exercise - but it was a work day and a work night. About a pound up since start of the challenge, which I'm grateful that it's not more.

Pretty dress, glad the puppy's better, no longer have TOM, first son had jaundice - in hospital 11 days but quite the bruiser now, congrats to those who have stayed OP so long and to all the b-losers.

ttyl

Dora

DJ - thanks for asking about me.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #145  
Blue Blood

Good Morning Bluesers!

Dora- Glad to see you back! The book looks like it hits the nail right on the head. Hope it is helpful to you.

Rhonda-They closed all of the Applebee's around here. I thought that the chain went out of business. Glad to hear they are still around. I used to love going there when I wanted a light meal. They have a good selection.

Practiceliving-Big step to join a gym. I keep threatening to do it but have'nt worked up the nerve yet. That should help with the dress fit!

StacyLynn-Good job running off with river's self destruct button! Just make sure you detonate it where it can't do any damage to any Bluesers!

river-Hope you chased that self destruct button down the road and enjoyed the show as it was destroyed! What ever will you do if you can't self destruct? Maybe you could grab a Joy stick?!

dimplin-nice to see you! What is the latest on your knee. Is it healing up as expected?

scarahjs-Sounds like you had a tough day! Hope today is better for you! Here's to the boss

Abby-Hope you had a great vacation! just jump right back in where you left off!

Have a great OP day.

DJ
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #146  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hiya Bluesers!

Dora - So glad to see you post. I've missed you. Sounds like some really good stuff in that book. I can relate to being raised in a legalistic environment. Add strict military rules and my Dad, the deacon, was tough! Hope you find some answers.
DJ - No Applebees?! I think there is an Applebees in every town in Georgia..along with a Lonestar and a Waffle House.
Joni - I'm not too far from you. I live in Dallas.

Bluesers, I'm at my difficult point. This is my 4th or 5th BL challenge...I've lost count. I've never stuck with my plan past the 3rd weigh-in. I don't think I've ever seen a 4 week losing streak. The scales really slow down and I start to think that something is wrong with my body. I know this is not logical thinking, but it's what goes on in my head. I need start tracking every single calorie and making sure I'm on that treadmill every day. I'm white-knuckling right now, but I'm determined to not give up on myself this time!

Have a great on-plan day. Go Blue!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #147  
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Joni - I'm not too far from you. I live in Dallas.
Seriously? Dallas Georgia? That is where my late husband was from! Small world!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #148  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Rhonda-YOU CAN DO IT! Fight it with everything you have! And when you think you can't fight anymore . . . keep fighting! I'm fighting right along with you!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #149  

Rhonda, former quitter -- *you* can do this! I wish I could say don't pay attention to the scale but I have the same issue myself. Gotta see results -- but isn't having OP 20 days, 25 days, 30 days the best results? Outlasting your personal best? You are doing so great, I'm utterly envious. Go, Rhonda!

Barb
Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

And I just spent 2 weeks in Acworth, near Black Acre Trail and US41! That's where my sister lives.

I am going to start BFL on Sunday. There, I've said it. It will take me that long to get ready and get my act together, but I'm doing it. 12 week challenge. It won't result in many pounds lost, but it will transform. ANyone out there who's been considering it in the past who might want to join me? (BFL is Body for Life in case it's new to anyone, and there's a couple of books on it plus a website)