3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Red Team Chat #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/156337-we-family-red-team-chat-6-a.html)

bethbeth 12-09-2008 05:17 PM

Yeah Red Team!

:dancer: We win! :dancer:

Why don't we win this week too! It's the last one!

cakses 12-09-2008 05:17 PM

Bette you stay right where you are missy. Finish out with us in style!!!

ArmyWife02 12-09-2008 05:29 PM

WTG Red team!
I posted my best loss so far this challenge, am proud of that after the gain I had for thanksgiving week. Will work hard to try to get close to goal for the final weigh in. I wanna look good when I leave to go to GA to see family in 2 weeks ;) lol At least my new clothes still fit. I know i'm getting some giftcards for clothes from family and hubby for christmas. Inlaws are giving me OldNavy cards, yippee!! :)
Need to finish folding laundry and get the kitchen cleaned up so I can start dinner (spaghetti with ragu & ground turkey, and garlic toast). i did 1 hr of wii fit workouts this morning (about 3/4 of that was aerobics, mostly jogging)....so hope the scale keeps going down. I'm making myself wrkout at least with the Fit plus whatever else I can fit in. The other night me and hubby ran the dogs around the neighborhood (at about 10pm) while our neighbor watched the kids (who were asleep). so i know i burned lots of calories that night, but forgot to wear my HRM. but wore it today for my fit wokout, 1 hr burned 600 calories ;)

MonteCristo 12-09-2008 07:04 PM

Bette - Just because you can't enter your last weighin is no reason to leave. Stick with us!

Melissa - Thanks for all your hard work on these challenges. I hope things slow back down for you soon. We'll miss you!

Cakses - So you've got the baton! I'm sure you'll do a great job. You've done fabulously on this round!!

retiredone 12-09-2008 09:22 PM

Congratulations to Ahill and the RED TEAM for winning this week's challenge. And hail to the next RED TEAM leader, Cakses. I'm sure you will do an admirable job on the next challenge.

Hun.e.B 12-10-2008 09:28 AM

Dont be throwing in any towels Red team!! It may be the last week but I think you all are capable of pulling off another win!! Dont forget we'll do a BL for the entire challenge too! Keep up the great work!!

cakses 12-10-2008 11:42 AM

I just wanted to report that this morning I weighed in at 176!!!! That was my goal for this challenge and I am so excited to have met it a little early. I am hoping with my newfound confidence I can do a good job captaining the team in January. I'm super excited to start another challenge, but I need to focus on the holidays and getting through them without gaining!

ArmyWife02 12-10-2008 11:49 AM

Congrats cakses!!

I'm down a pound so far...hope t have a big loss for the final weigh in. just watched last night TBL and called in my vote (since it gives you 24hrs)....cnt wait to watch my first finale! ;)

retiredone 12-10-2008 12:33 PM

I see the sign up thread for the next challenge is up. I just signed up for the next one. That one should take me to my goal weight. I can't believe I've been doing this for nearly a year. Now to get through Christmas in one piece and not add any weight to that piece. I have resolved not to gain weight over the Christmas holidays. Who else will make that promise with me?

MonteCristo 12-10-2008 12:55 PM

Congrats on making goal Cat! I guess I set mine too high, as I'd have to lose 11lbs in the next few days to make it. :( I'll try to be a bit more realistic next time around.

MonteCristo 12-10-2008 04:13 PM

Isabella - I am totally onboard with not gaining over Christmas. I am NOT going to start the next challenge up from my ending weight for this one.

cakses 12-10-2008 06:11 PM

Sign me up for that too - there is no way I am letting all my hard work go to waste over the holidays!

mtiger 12-10-2008 08:57 PM

I have taken my mini-break and I am back to hitting it hard. Did a good tough workout today and felt terrific about it. TOM showed up for a visit, so now we'll see what happens. I so badly want 195 for a Christmas gift this year.

I know people do it all the time; gain back all the weight they lost. I refuse to let that happen to me, ever. It has been too much blood, sweat and tears for the last year. I still have more to go and I will never go back to that old me. Just like on the show, you've got to learn about yourself and how it happened in the first place. I've got this one covered.

cakses 12-11-2008 11:35 AM

Happy Thursday everyone. This week is flying by. I need more time to lose! Still holding at 176 and happy abut that since I didn't get my cardio in and I had 2 pieces of pizza for dinner :( That is okay though, I am balanced overall for calories and I will do a double workout today (60 mins) to make up for yesterday. I did get weights in though so that was something.

Well I am off to work, hope everyone has a good day!

MonteCristo 12-11-2008 12:01 PM

I can't believe how close we are to the end of the challenge (and the year for that matter). It seems like time has been going faster & faster!

I am really hoping to lose at least 1lb this week, but 2 would be better. I'm planning on doubling up my walking for Saturday & Sunday, so maybe that will help. I did take my measurements yesterday, and it looks like I've lost 1/2 inch each from my chest, waist, & hips, so that is great. I'm also completely in 10s. The jeans that I like run a bit smaller than usual, so I was still stuck in 12s for a while, but not anymore!

Somedays I feel like I'm so close to goal, I can almost taste it, but others I look at myself and think, wow you are still fat, you must have been a real cow! Horrible stuff, I know, and I really am postive more often than negative, but sometimes you just get annoyed with yourself.

Okay, moving on......How many of you ladies are going to join us for a new challenge? Do you have a starting goal? I REALLY REALLY want to be 160 for the start. At 160 I will have lost 10% of my weight three times (so maybe that is a wierd number for a goal, but I'm SO close! I can lose 5lbs in 3 1/2 weeks, right?). Then I hope to make my new challenge goal to be to lose another 10% (which would be 16lbs). I'm so glad these challenges are close together, I didn't do to well between challenges this summer.

blueyedlvrgirl 12-11-2008 03:22 PM

I already signed up for the new challenge. I also do better when I am in one, so I am glad that they are close together too. I saw 274 again this morning. YAY! Let's see if I can see 273 by Monday! I hope everyone is having a great week! I am super busy, but I wanted to say hi!

bethbeth 12-11-2008 04:49 PM

Only a few days left of the challenge! Come on Red Team! :cheer:

I can't decided whether to sign up for the next challenge or not! What should I do?

cakses 12-11-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 2492504)
Somedays I feel like I'm so close to goal, I can almost taste it, but others I look at myself and think, wow you are still fat, you must have been a real cow! Horrible stuff, I know, and I really am postive more often than negative, but sometimes you just get annoyed with yourself.

Okay, moving on......How many of you ladies are going to join us for a new challenge? Do you have a starting goal? I REALLY REALLY want to be 160 for the start. At 160 I will have lost 10% of my weight three times (so maybe that is a wierd number for a goal, but I'm SO close! I can lose 5lbs in 3 1/2 weeks, right?). Then I hope to make my new challenge goal to be to lose another 10% (which would be 16lbs). I'm so glad these challenges are close together, I didn't do to well between challenges this summer.

I feel like this ALL the time. I am over halfway to goal (well goal may change but nontheless) and I still feel like a fatty a lot of the time. I am doing my best to celebrate what I have accomplished and focus on what is left as well so I don't end up feeling sorry for myself. I am determined to get to goal in 2009.

I of course am going to be in the new challenge. My goal for the end of the month is 170 so I guess that would be about the same for the 5th :) That is 6 pounds away and with the holidays I am hoping I can make it there. My challenge goal is going to be 150 (maybe lower once I get close and see what 150 looks like). It is so weird to think I am 26 pounds from goal. I am pretty sure I am going to drop my goal weight because I can't see all of this excess tummy, hips and butt going away in 26 pounds.

Rain Dancer 12-11-2008 09:08 PM

Hey Reds. Just popping in really quick to say hi. I am still alive. Sort of. :D Busier than a one armed paper hanger. And I have to go to the Valley, tomorrow. Ack! I am hoping for a let up, soon.

I hope everyone is having a great week. And great results.

mtiger 12-11-2008 09:13 PM

I have already signed up for the new challenge. I don't know about setting a goal, I never seem to hit one. My body is really wierd and lose weight unlike anybody else I know. It comes off so painfully slow. I found myself crying the other day looking at Fitness magazine. It seems so easy for some people to lose weight. Some ladies lost about 100 pounds in a year. I know that's a lot, but still. I just get depressed from time to time that I can't lose quicker.

All that complaining aside, I will have to think hard about a realistic goal for the next challenge. As of today I am still 199.6 and I should be losing as TOM is rolling through. See what I mean?

modcat44 12-12-2008 01:51 AM

Hi guys! Well, I had some stuff going on and totally missed last weigh-in as well as being MIA around here, but I'm still rooting for everyone to stay on track and win this thing! I am back on track hopefully also, and hope to finish this year strong! And I WILL get out of these 180's by Jan. 1st!!!

Armywife--gorgeous! Love the red dress!! AND your hair!

cakses--WTG on being a team captain!! You will be a great one, I am sure! And congrats on hitting that goal already!!

bethbeth--of course you should sign up, the effort at least gets you motivated and starts you off with definite goals to try for. Even if life gets too busy, I think it is a worthy exercise to attempt......

Monte--I know what you mean. Some days I look in the mirror and think I look pretty good, then other days I just look so fat! It really is crazy what our minds are telling us sometimes......

blueyedlvrgrl---wtg on the good scale numbers staying there!! You are doing fantastic now!

mtiger--hang in there! I lose very slowly also, and in very inconsistent spurts. Frustrating as heck, but no way do I want to backslide and do this all over again.......

retiredone--I resolve to not gain anything either for the last 20 days of this month!! :cheer2:

MonteCristo 12-12-2008 09:31 AM

Beth - You should definitely join! What could be the downside?!?

cakses - I know what you mean about changing goals. I dropped mine from 145 to 136 in the last month or so. I just didn't think my body would be the way I wanted it at my first goal. Of course, things may change again as I move along.....

mtiger - I haven't met my weightloss goal for a challenge yet. But every time I have lost a significant amount (first 15lbs, and it looks like 12 or so this time). I just like to pick a nice sounding number, but then it doesn't really bother me if I don't make goal. Maybe you should try something more scientific? Maybe look back and see how much weight you lost over this challenge, and then decrease it by a pound or so (because weightloss gets harder the closer you get).

bethbeth 12-12-2008 01:59 PM

OK, you guys talked me into another round. See you there! :cheer2:

cakses 12-12-2008 02:56 PM

Yay, I hope everyone signs up again. 5 pounds, 50 pounds, 100+ pounds it's all important to be recognized for our efforts and these challenges have been great!

Last challenge I quit and I weighed more than my starting weight by the time it was done. I was determined to not let that happen again!

Saw 175 today which is awesome. That's 45 pounds total lost for me. I am excited to see what happens now that a large bulk of my fat is gone and what sort of shape I take. I never thought I would be able to get into a size 6 or 8 again, and I am already a 12 so it is looking good for me. I have a very good friend's wedding in July that I am a bridesmaid in and I want to look awesome by then so I am going to be working very hard in 2009!

mtiger 12-12-2008 06:25 PM

I feel like that picture of the cat hanging on to the rope. I am holding on to my sanity by a thread. I am so stuck at this weight and it is really getting me down. I don't know what more I can do. If something doesn't give soon, I may lose my grip on sanity.

Andi18 12-12-2008 09:05 PM

Hi girls!! I am happy to say that the weight is on the way back out the door. I've lost everything that I gained the last few weeks!

Cakses, congrats on taking on the role of leader of the red team next go round!

Mandey, you look absolutely stunning in the red gown!!

I miss you girls and I'm sorry I didn't partake as much towards the end of the challenge :( I promise to be a better team mate in the next round.

bethbeth 12-13-2008 05:59 PM

Good morning RED team! Looks like nobody's here this morning. All you all out exercising or Christmas shopping?

This morning I did Level 2 of the 30DS, then cleaned house for an hour or two and then did Level 1. I thought Level 1 might be a little tough since I haven't done it in over a week, but it was pretty easy...I could do the whole thing. Now my count is back on track- Today is December 13th and I have done the Shred 13 times so far this month. Here we go to 30!

Our last weigh in is due on Monday! Don't quit now! :cheer2:

dkneec19 12-13-2008 09:09 PM

Hi my fellow reds. I'm pretty sure I'm disqualified because I don't know if I've been posting everyweek or not... probably not. But, I still want to say that thank you!!! I found it quite difficult to keep up with all the posts. I haven't decided if I want to participate in the next challenge, if I do, I'd love to be red again, but I guess I might not get dibs!!! (DOH!) Just know that you all really helped me get through bad days and I appreciate all the support!!!! So thank you!! One more weigh in!! GO RED!!!!

retiredone 12-13-2008 11:49 PM

Mtiger, please don't lose your grip. You've lost over 50 pounds already and you know that you will eventually lose more.

I had a great weigh in this morning. I guess where I didn't lose anything last week I caught up this week with a 2.5 pound loss. I have finally broken into the 130s.

We had our Church Christmas concert tonight and what a relief it is to be finished. It was, if I do say so, a wonderful program with great singing. Everyone really enjoyed the program and stayed afterwards for refreshments. I had a couple of cookies and a hot chocolate and a few crackers. It was actually not bad as it was my supper. I don't eat before a concert (on account of unwanted burping in the middle of a solo or duet). So a little lunch following is really welcome.

I feel free as a bird but I do have a lot of cleaning up to do. The tree is up but there is a path of destruction through the living room. :D Tomorrow had better be a long day because I have lots of work to do and some relaxing is in order too.

Catch you all later.

mtiger 12-14-2008 01:19 PM

I had so wanted to post a nice loss on our last weigh-in. At this point it looks like I could end with a gain. I am so frustrated I can't think straight. As a last resort I am going to try upping my calories to 1500. I don't know if that will work. Nothing else has. Well, wish me luck.

Retire- Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it right now. I am feeling bad enough as it is, and then last night we had our staff Christmas party. I was sitting nest to my best friend when a retired teacher started telling my BF how skinny she looked. Not a word to me. My BF is great because she turned to me and said "How much have you lost now Mindy?" Are you serious!! People don't even notice? I have got to get out of this slump. So, thanks again!!!

cakses 12-14-2008 02:01 PM

Good morning! Still at 175. I thought I might be able to squeeze out another pound or two but not looking like it. I am still more than happy with my results!

MonteCristo 12-15-2008 08:22 AM

I didn't lose again this week. Apparently I need to go back to careful measuring and stop just eyeballing stuff. At least I didn't gain!

cakses 12-15-2008 11:51 AM

Stuck at 175 although I didn't exercise much this weekend so no surprise. Still happy though! Don't forget to weigh in everyone!

blueyedlvrgirl 12-15-2008 12:25 PM

I came in at 273.2 though I did see 272.4 yesterday afternoon when I peeked. Sometimes I weigh a little more early in the morning though, so I am not surprised. I had an absolutely amazing weekend! I didn't hit my 20 pound goal, but I lost 13.4 pounds, which is better than nothing. With the move and the break-up I am just happy to have kept the weight loss going at all. I will definitely be back for the next one! And I WILL not be more than 273.2 when it starts!!! Congratulations to everyone that stuck it out till the end! We did great!

retiredone 12-15-2008 02:56 PM

blueyedlvrgirl, that's a pound a week-nothing shameful about that. I lost 13.5 pounds so that's the same as you.

I've been busy all day wrapping Christmas gifts. I can't believe how tiring it is. I think it's because I was doing it on my bed and had to bend over so my back got tired. Anyhoo, it's done til I buy a few more things but that won't be much more now.

We stuck it out to the end. What are we going to do til the new challenge starts? Will there be an in between chat started for both teams like last time? Or maybe everyone will be too busy with holiday activities. Now, I'm just rambling on. Must go eat something soon as my stomach is doing flip flops screaming for food. Ha, ha. It's nearly suppertime so stomach will just have to wait a few more minutes.

Have a good day all.

JasonsLea 12-15-2008 03:35 PM

:wave: girls!

Sorry I haven't been around. Every night, I tell myself to get online, post something, but every night I don't. Besides the fact that I really have nothing new to tell, I just can't get motivated to post. BUT I have been working out and my eating is good....except for the last few days. I brought cake mix and whipped icing, even though the gas isn't turned on in my stove yet. I completely forgot my habit of eating icing out of the container. :o Regardless, my calories have only been a little over, I am chugging water like a fish, my sleep is still WAY off though. :yawn: Thank god for coffee! :coffee:

WI last Thursday: -2.6

I'm in for the new challenge. I tanked this one, I WILL NOT this time!

Oooo, here's a new pic of my Leonidas:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/100_0696.jpg

He's all long and lean now. My little wolfbaby!

Andi18 12-15-2008 06:58 PM

Well I ended back at my low before Thanksgiving!! I was hoping to be lower than that, but oh well. I'm hoping to lose 5-10 pounds before we start the next session. Of course with the holidays in there we will see if that happens. Just got to remind myself "MODERATION" lol

ArmyWife02 12-16-2008 02:02 PM

congrats on the win for the final week red team!! can;t wait to see the final results for the whole challenge ;) lol

Kelleigh 12-16-2008 03:06 PM

I am sorry team. I completely forgot to post my weight last night.:(

To all of you that have hung in there through this entire challenge :cp:

And to those of you like me, that struggled a bit:hug:

I'm glad that I tried this and hope to again. You all are an awesome group.

mtiger 12-16-2008 08:41 PM

Wish I could have posted today's weight. I have had a bout of food poisoning and have lost a few pounds. Oh well!! Hey the team did a good job this week.
Congrats armywife!!
I am interested in out overall results. I am also ready to go again.
See ya all soon.