Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #91  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Question of the Day (QOTD):

For those of you that workout, do you generally workout at the same time and if so why do you workout at that time?
Yes, I almost always workout first thing in the morning: early, early, right after waking up. I like this time because it gives me energy for the rest of the day, gives me even MORE of a reason to stay on plan (who wants to blow all that effort on junk food, not I!), and ensures that I don't somehow procrastinate my workout or have to skip it due to the kinds of unforeseen things that often pop up throughout the day.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #92  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

I guess I should answer my own question:

I do my bike or running on the elliptical first thing in the morning before I go to work. If I am lifting, I do that in the evenings, because I do this at my parent's house when I am over there. My Wii Yoga is either done at my Mom's house before my Dad gets home and we lift, or on the weekends in the morning after my elliptical run.

Now ... once TBL starts, I will do the same thing except for Tuesdays when I will do 60 minutes of running on the Elliptical and then either 60 minutes on the bike, or 30 minutes of hoop and 30 minutes on the mini-tramp during the show, then get Wednesday morning off.

I like doing the mornings because it really wakes me up and gets me going. I also feel it helps with my lousy metabolism.

Last edited by krjpy; 09-04-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Mine is around my kids schedule as well. I go to the gym while my 2 yr old is in preschool M,W afternoons since its close and T,TH mornings my 3 yr old is in preschool so I do treadmill or video at home and starting this Sunday I have belly dancing class woohoo
Old 09-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #94  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I have a bodybugg and have noticed the few times that I worked out in the morning, my overall calorie burn is higher for the day and my resting burn is higher than on the days I workout in the evening. You would think this would be enough to motivate me, right? Well...Taking all of my shower stuff, work clothes, flat iron and make-up was a daunting experience, plus I hate to miss sleep. Fridays are the easiest day for me to do this though, since my work has bagels for everyone in the morning, so breakfast is one less issue to have to figure out. Plus, I can wear jeans on Fridays, so I don't have to worry as much about trekking my work clothes. One last added bonus is I have a commitment every Friday after work, so I would be working out on a day that I otherwise could not. With all of those great benefits, I guess I better get my a$$ to the gym tomorrow morning, huh? Maybe I can start working up to more than just Fridays.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #95  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

For those of you that workout, do you generally workout at the same time and if so why do you workout at that time?
I almost always workout in the morning spring through fall. I love being outside whenever I can, so anything that gets me out there is helpful. Now that I'm in the habit of exercising regularly in the morning again, I expect I might stay with this schedule through the winter. I HATE the gray, long winters in Oregon, but I'm hoping I might actually feel better with exercise this year too
Old 09-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I do a short 10-15 minutes in the morning around 5:45 - 6 am, and then a longer workout at night. The night time one depends on the rest of my day, DD's schedule, life in general, etc. but Always before 10 pm - because 10:30 is LIGHTS OUT!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
I have a bodybugg and have noticed the few times that I worked out in the morning, my overall calorie burn is higher for the day and my resting burn is higher than on the days I workout in the evening.
That is really good information, thanks for sharing. Now get your butt out there tomorrow morning You'll feel so much better for it. I have heard that if you workout in the morning and again at night you take advantage of "after burn."

Yelie--belly dancing is so hard, my abs hurt just thinking about it I just can't get my hips to do like that I get frustrated, so I admire people who can do it.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #98  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Hey guys i havent forgotten about you .. i just havent had time to come in and chat.. My life is crap atm.. lol its just one drama after another.. and im maintaining not losing a thing.. must be stress i think..

heres the short version of whats been going on.. lol Cameron broke Leahs finger . Slammed it in the car door.. same night JOhn flew in.. didnt have time to cook grabbed something out.. and boof.. Leah had a allergic reaction.( rash from head to toe swollen limbs.. asthma.. eyes swelled shut you know the usual food additive reaction). at the airport.. had broken finger... i reacted to.. i had a rash all over my face.. john plane came in late and then he was the last one to get off.Cameron very upset about Leah and cryed when he saw police cause he thought he was gonna get arrested for hurting her.. lol

JOhns visit was good .. But leah got travel sick all through my nice new car.. lol

John went back to work.. kids broke door off my kitchen.. friends are fighting with each other..
Dad involved in car accident tuesday.. back to the damn hospital for the 3rd time in 3 weeks .. lucky me.. lol . had to go pick him up from accident scene becuase he told the ambulance fireman and police he was ok.. ( LYER) ..
sat in a and e dropped the kids off at inlaws after 1 hour wait though..

Dad has whiplash but luckily nothing broken.. bruised and very sore.. he is spassaming from his head to his tail bone.. across to his hips.. but is ok ..
got out of hosptial at 1 am.. had to pick up Leah on the way since she had no nappy.. she was soaked through all her clothes poor kid.. then dropped dad home.. got to bed at 3 am woke at 5 am with a nightmare and then couldnt get back to sleep..
i had magor binge wednesday night . hungry and exhasusted.. i ate crap and didnt cook a meal.. went to some 3100 calories..

mum arguing with dad.. over stupid crap.. when he is in pain and miserable.. omg leave him alone...... she drives me nuts..

sick of dramas .. and want normal life with hubby at home .. instead of single mother for 4 weeks.. family 1 week .

So anyway.. yesterday i took back the control.. i went to the pool.. and instead of just laps.. i joined the deep water aqua.. then did laps after wards.. i loved it so afterwards i went up stairs to join the gym.. .. casual swim is 6.50 a visit without sauna and spa. and then aqua is 10 a session.. as are all the classes.. 10 bucks a visit..

The gym said i could join pool, and classes.. which included.. yoga pilates body combat, ciruit.. aqau.. everythign except there ellipticals and treadmills.. ( i have my elliptical and i walk outside.. ) for get this... $8.90 a week .. and there is a free creche.. i can swim as much as i like.. Leah gets in for free .. with my memebership.. and can go in the free creche while i go do the classes .. so far i plan on going to aqua on monday and thursday .. and the pilates/yoga/taichi class on tuesday ( body balance ) . i really need to work on my posture.. my back swings out to far at the back.. ..

so any way thats me.. im over the stress now. and feel.. fine.. but dont want anymore of it.. dont even want to talk to my fighting friends.. or parents.. just want quiet calm.. for a little while.. plan on taking the kids to the pool tommorrow.. it will cost me $3 lol.. just to get Cameron in.. yippee.. they love it.. and so do i ..

all the above is why i have been too exhausted to keep up .. with you guys.. i hope every one is doing better then me lol ..
Old 09-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #99  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Oh, my....I don't know you yet, but, oh my...what a time you've had!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #100  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Amy hope your week continues to be very peaceful and calm!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

QOTD- No, I don't have a certain time of day to work out. I'm trying to get back into the habit of working out. I did good at the beginning of the year but haven't done to hot since the tornado in March. I've get back to exercising.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #102  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Hey guys I'm still around just got back home from evacuating for Gustav. We are out of power and water at the moment and have no clue when it will come on. So we have our geneator powered up and just trying to do the best we can. I hope everyone is doing good and good luck on the journey.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Amy- I'm glad things are getting better for you!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Amy - I got exhausted just READING the post! WOW!! Hang in there! That's awesome about the gym though! Just keep the relaxing water around you! :swimming:

dandk - I'm so glad that you're ok! hang in there!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #105  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:

Um, I work out at the same time on certain days of the week
Saturdays: usually 7am at the gym with my friend and her trainer
Sundays: usually 7am or 8am at the gym doing free weights
Mondays: 9pm at the gym either doing treadmill or swimming
Tuesdays: 7pm doing boot camp with Marty
Wednesdays: 9pm at the gym either doing treadmill or swimming
Thursdays: 7pm doing boot camp with Marty
Fridays: 9pm at the gym either doing treadmill or swimming
Of course I will take a night off here or there depending on if my son has soccer (like tonight) or if I need a rest day. Due to locations and what time I can get my son to school and make it to work on time, I prefer not to work out in the morning unless it is on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
I'm here too, I was gone on vacation the weekend before this past weekend and then I just got my wisdom teeth out on Friday so I have been a hurting little girl for a week. I'm having a terrible time with food and eating because of having the teeth pulled so I have been a little frustrated and depressed. I promise I will post more.

I'm ready for this competition to be here already!
Oh my! My sympathies for you! Just reading this made my mouth hurt...it's been 9 years (in November) since I had mine out and I still remember the pain and aggravation (nevermind the fact that I also had a 4 month old baby at the time)... Good luck!

Amy ~ Wow, no wonder you have been away!! I hope things start to get calmer for you.

Ashley ~ Glad to see that you made through Gustav.