Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #121  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Just checking in chickies!

Had the last "girls-only lunch" today with my co-workers, so now I'm staying out of restaurants until the end of October when we go for the next girls lunch.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #122  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I think I may have figured out what changed with my weight. I am no longer producing milk. Meara weaned in March, but I was still making a little. Now there is none, and I have started losing again. Crazy hormones.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #123  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

hey yall sorry for being MIA. I see we're on a second thread....wow!
I have been super busy with kids and class and homework...I have my first exam on Monday morning, so will be cramming and studying this weekend, just hope the kids are good so i can focus
Abigail is in her 2nd week of school, so far so good. Hubby comes home in about 3 weeks from MD, and is most likely going to grad top of his class we're very proud of him but knew he had it in him the whole time so we'll have him home for a week or so before he has to leave again in Oct for training. but this class is over for me in mid Oct....and am debating taking another one. this is hard stuff...course accounting probably isnt the best thing to take in a 8 week time period so might take something easier for the last 8 weeks and then take acct 2 next spring for a full 16 week course. but will decide once i see how my first exam (mid term) goes on Monday, and then we'll still have 2 more mid terms and then the final all by Oct 15th. wow!
But i have been bad on eatting, mom came in for the weekend and we ate out for most of our meals, and we got our stimulus check yesterday in our bank acct, which couldnt have come at a better time ! so we can get hubby's truck fixed before he leaves MD to drive home to TX...and we can both get much needed oil changes. and we have hotel adn gas money for him to get home with, so no worries now. whew! so i have been doing more shopping than usual and i need to re-barracade myself in the house to save what money is left lol
well i need a shower while i think little guy is napping before we have to leave here in 40 minutes to get his sister from school wow it's too hot in TX!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #124  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelie View Post
Ok well I just got some new motivation My sister just called and asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next August. Now I know thats a long ways away but even if I reach my goal by then its extra incentive to keep it off and get nice and toned! I love having something to work towards!
I am going to be in my sister's wedding too. It's next October, which is nice, b/c I have a lot further to go until goal. I would love love love to be in Onederland by then!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #125  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

BTW...I dragged myself out of bed at 530am and made it to the gym before work! YAY!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #126  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
BTW...I dragged myself out of bed at 530am and made it to the gym before work! YAY!
WTG! good for you. i need to get back into the workout routine...
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Hey everyone!

I started off my day on a high note when I weighed in and found I'd dropped a pound. It's nice to see the nice round number of 30 lbs for my total loss!

I've had a very good on-plan eating day and I got out for a run this afternoon. My Mom met us at a dog park and walked with the dogs and the kids while I ran. I did one lap around the big field which was about 1.3K and then I went off on a trail to add in more distance. I ended up getting to some pretty narrow sections and there was some interesting footing in parts, but it was tons of fun. I came back out to the field at the 3.8K mark and ran up and down the hill like a crazy woman until I hit 4.5K. The hill was fun because the kids were there and running up and down with me. DD was copying me and pumping her arms like crazy. So cute! The only problem was that she wanted me to keep running when I was cooling down because she wasn't tired out yet!

Now I'm going to do some situps and then grab a quick shower before we eat and head out to DS's rugby practice. I'm going to aim for an early to bed night tonight because I'm going to a trail run tomorrow which is a pre-run for the race on the 20th. I'm still back and forth on whether I'll do the 8K loop or the 15. Today's great run has me leaning towards the 15. I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited by KimProbable; 09-05-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #128  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

wow KimProbable, sounds like a great run. makes me wanna get a workout done today. i've been slacking some. kids are going for an early bed time. my 2 y/o never got his nap and i'm sooo past ready for him to go to bed. so it's an early night for both of them....so maybe can get a workout in in about an hour.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #129  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Evening all.
I'm feeling a little guilty tonight. My best friend from out of state told me earlier this year that she would pay for the tattoo I wanted if I lost 15 pounds before she came home. I lost the 15 and then promptly gained it all back. She came home for a visit this week and still paid for my tattoo today. Now I really need to crack down and get at least that much off for the challenge since she will be back again at Christmas. Here is my new tattoo.

I'm going back to a lower carb lifestyle. I felt really great the two weeks I was doing Atkins. I thought about going back to induction but decided that I don't want to go quite that low carb. I cut out wheat on the 29th and have done awesome. I'm cutting HFCS tomorrow morning.

I'm sick of counting calories, carbs, and points. Not sure how well my plan is going to work but I am slowly weaning myself off the 'whites' to see what happens. So far I don't miss the pastas or bread at all.

The kids start preschool on Monday so my exercise routine will start then one way or the other. Nothing is going to get in the way. If the weather isn't cooperating enough for me to do a park workout I'll just spend the gas money and come home and get on the treadmill.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #130  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I'm so glad to see you back Dixie!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #131  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Just to be clear, according to the FAQ, it looks like weigh-in starts on the 7th and ends the 13th:

A: The challenge starts officially on September 14th and ends on December 13th. I'll start collecting starting weights on September 7th and collect them until September 13th.

Oops. Sorry about that.

I don't know where I got the 6th.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #132  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Whew! I'm with Raindancer in that catching up with all the posts is a workout in itself!!! Well, here goes:

Purple - You made me feel so guilty for not being around to cheer you on, and you certainly have had some downers in your life with DH's job. We are all here for you, whatever team you happen to end up on, even later, if you need us, just drop in. Also - thanks for the sites and how to get Jillian's show onto the MP3. Keep those workouts going, especially when your life is stressful, it's the best common denominator. And, YaY!! for you not going to Jack-in-the-box!!! You're doing great!

Yelie - way back, the saying about your fat cells crying (sweat), that does give a great "visual" - makes me want to make 'em cry harder!!! And what an awesome goal, to look svelte in your bridesmaid's dress. Picture that right now, and keep that at the front of your mind throughout the challenge - seeing yourself just the size you want to be. It all happens in the mind first.

Kim - good to hear from you again and that you had a loss. Hearing about your runs motivates me and someone else agrees here too. Run, Kimmy, Run.

Dee - So good to see you back!!! Here's hoping this challenge will be the one that grabs your will power and jerks you on over onto the wave that will take you to your goal . Really good to see you - I know, I said that, but well, it is!

Eny - "Here comes the bride . . . 5 pounds swept aside." You can do it, especially now at the beginning of the challenge when hope and energy is high and we're all here to cheer you.

Jennifer - good to see you again too, but so sorry about going through all the dental pain. But it looks like you'll be feeling better just in time to get started. Actually, might be the best time. Glad you're here.

Karen - I think I noted you said you had a problem with working out. For me, setting a definite time was the winning strategy. But, I'm not hard on myself if I'm a bit late, but my time is morning (after a small breakfast). Last challenge, I didn't exercise regularly until about the last 3-4 weeks, but it made a difference - I lost 25# last challenge and hope to do the same this time. With exercise being regular, I'm pretty hopeful. The other thing that really helped me was entering everything I ate into Fit Day - if you're faithful, putting everything down, you might see you're eating more calories than you thought - I know I did. Hope this helps somehow.

Manick - I never noticed you were from Oregon before! Where are you? I'm in Roseburg, and I know what you mean about the gray rainy days of winter here. But I love it here, and wouldn't live anywhere else - it is so gorgeous the rest of the year. Nice to meet a fellow Oregonian.

Ashley - so glad you are safe from Gustav. Let us be here to lean on when you need a shoulder.

Amy!!! - OMG! What a nightmare of events going on in your life. Glad you share it here and not turn to food to comfort you. Glad things are calming down, though I know its hard when mom and dad fight, not to mention your friends. Hang in there sweetie.

Tori - Welcome, good to have you.

Blueyed - You have a wedding too??? That's 3 people picturing themselves at their most beautiful for motivation. You've got till October to reach Onderland - I'm cheering for you!!! And getting up at 5:30 to workout - I can see the new you already.

As to Kelly's QOTD - I work out in the morning, after a small breakfast. I feel better all day, plus it's done and out of the way. Then if I want to do another workout later, its a bonus. I've made myself a little calendar (made it in MSPublisher) with 4 items on every day - WATP/legs; Abs; Elliptical; and Other. I highlght each in different colors if I did them, leave them untouched if not. It's nice to see the colors filling in and it makes me not want to spoil the "picture" of me being healthy. Kelly - you have knee problems - so. . . now that I've messed mine up - any advice? I've started wearing a brace when I workout, which helps, started back on glucosamine and got inserts for my shoes because my feet pronate. Any other ideas? to get the pain to go down?

DH and I have been working on a gazebo in our front "yard" (we're on 5 acres). Lots of scrubbing, turning, painting of who knows how many board feet of lumber. The area is already bricked 14 feet square and wisteria already planted at several corner and middle areas. Still harvesting potatoes, spaghetti squash, zuchinni, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, onions, cabbage and lemon cucumbers out of the veggie garden and working to clean up the rest of the area for soy beans next year, plus maybe some corn. Pumpkins are also coming in now. DH had a friend pass away and another is in the hospital, plus work has increased for me - all my reasons for being MIA. I'll check in more now that we're almost on our way. Love you all and good luck.

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 09-06-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #133  

Thank you all so much for the grand welcome. I feel the same I'd rather start out with what I can do right now then set my goals too high. I dont have to worry about dropping out or stopping because I really do need to be a "hot mama" for my wedding! Thanx PURPLEFIREFLY for that. it made me laugh.

So today I finished day 7 of level 1 of the 30 day shred. I also have a Nintendo WII that I love. It also helps to keep me motivated because it actually tracks goal and weight.

I cant wait to get started, this is such a great group of people. I cant believe how sucessfull you all have already been. Trust me its very motivating for me.

TORI
Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 237/228/192

Height: 5'11-15/16"

Going for a 16 km trail run with KimProbable this morning. That tops my previous long by quite a bit but I think I can hack it.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #135  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Going for a 16 km trail run with KimProbable this morning. That tops my previous long by quite a bit but I think I can hack it.
You two are making me jealous that I don't have a running partner! Have a great time, what a fun thing to do on a Saturday morning!