Old 06-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #61  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday CS!!! Hope you have a fantastic day

Good morning ladies! Just checking in with ya'll. I have major laundry to do today!UGHHH! I just wanted to post my goals for this week....

Walk at least 4 times this week
Weights 3 times this week
Eat OP all week...vacation is next week, so I'll have plenty of off plan days coming up!
Get my house ready for grandma to come...this is a work in progress

Okay I hope you all are having a great Monday so far...I'll come back later to catch up on personals!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #62  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

cs
Happy happy birthday

Mavis
Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

This weekend was my away weekend . We shopped, we went to the park, we swam. We worked in the soup kitchen for 10 hours. Was a great weekend but didn't leave me much time for the net. Sorry I haven't been around. Trying to get a few things done and then take my son to his interview at the college. Will catch up with everyone later.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #63  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Welcome back Karen! I'm glad you had a good vacation -I totally miss the beach too....sigh....Maybe we can take a weekend and go to Myrtle Beach or something. Seems like everyone from these parts goes there.

Remember I was telling yall about the New neighbor from ****, that wants to buy our land we rent and boot us, throw down gravel and build a garage to work on cars? Well, It's NOT going to happen! Happy Dance Happy Dance!! I went up to where the Landlords wife works, because we are friendly enuff. We used to workout @ Curves together. Anywho, I told her rumor around the neighborhood is Lowell is selling to the new guy and he's gonna turn our quiet, peaceful neighborhood of fields and horses into an industrial garage, and she said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....She says this is where Lowell's Mom lived and there's NO way he's gonna sell to that man. She also said we could prolly get him to Rent the land to us and we can put us a new home on it in a couple of yrs when we get enough saved for that. I feel SOOOOO much better now!!!!

Also got the Stimulus today, so we can go get our stuff out of Pawn and play with whatever is left! YAY!!!

I just got back from the GYM too. Man it felt so good to be back in there. So far so good today. I tell ya, when I do these exercise challenges, I feel all responsible to set a good example for you guys and it keeps my behind OP & exercising.

Okay, gotta get my house cleaned and things ready to start the new job tomorrow!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Yay! Look at all these wonderful posts!

My Goals for this week:

Continue on plan with my weight watchers - staying MOSTLY within my 23 daily points and not going over my 35 weekly discretionary points

Make it to the gym everyday but Tuesday

Sweep my house twice this week instead of the once every other week I've been barely doing (I've got all tile floors and three cats and two dogs - I keep finding furry tumbleweeds....not to mention all the blowing dust and chewed up cardboard bits!)

Have at least one relaxing evening with my husband before I leave next week to go to Indiana.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #65  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls. I stepped out into the swarmy hot mess that is outside on my lunch break to buy a cast iron skillet. A lot of recipies I've been trying lately call for it and I figure with being vegan it can't hurt to add a little extra iron into my body.

Now, how in the world do you season them? I know I need to before I use it the first time. Can I do it on the stovetop- I was thinking just heat the pan and rub vegetable oil (maybe olive - don't know if this will work) in it and let it sit for a few minutes? I remember my grandmother doing it in the oven sometimes but she used lard - which I won't use and it's really too hot to have the oven going if not necessary.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #66  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone sorry I've been Awol this week... I needed to get some away from the computer time, but I'm back. Things are chugging along slowly. Going for a swim this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Teamies,

Sorry I haven't been involved but my home computer is broken and I have been way busy at work. I won't be able to replace my computer anytime in the near future so I guess my posts will probably be few and far between. I am going to try though. I have been eating really bad lately and I know it is because I am not accountable to anyone. That is why I am writing now, with the hopes that I can get back in the groove again.

My plan for the week is to exercise everyday and log all my food intake. That is very doable for me although it doesn't garuntee I will eat right, at least it will force me to realize just how much I am eatting!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #68  

Diva – I’m glad you got the babysitting gig! I really like the new challenge you posted! I’m ready to get started!

Lonnie – Congrats on the loss! I usually do my nails and feet myself, but it’s so nice to have someone else do it every once in a while. I love being pampered!

Tina - on reaching 138! I think the closer you get to goal, the harder it is to lose. Hang in there!

Andi – sounds like you had an eventful night a couple of nights ago. I hope you got some rest. You are quite the trooper! Your exercise habits are very motivating for me!

Danielle – I have yet forced myself to do Jillian’s 30 day shred. I had a couple of weeks of less exercise before my vacation. I need to pop it in – I think I’m nervous to give it a try from what all I’ve heard about it. I can’t wait to hear how you like your trainer!

Kelly – congrats on the exercise! I was just talking this week about how I need to try yoga. My sister’s friend is supposed to send me some video suggestions.

Melissa – It does seem this time is different. I was so overwhelmed at first that I didn’t jump in as quickly. I went through a busy time at work and a funk that also kept me from posting as much or as detailed as I used to. I really like your theme day idea and I am excited about the new exercise challenge! It looks great! I’m in on both! I’m in disconnection mode also. Maybe we could also do some sort of reconnect questionnaire. I feel like there are so many of the newbie’s who are regular posters that I just don’t know that well. I know we did questionnaires at the beginning of the challenge, but I just got lost because I was trying to keep everyone straight.

Happy Belated Birthday MotherMavis! I bought the Turbo Jam 5 disc set from Amazon a month or so back. I have only done the 20-30 minute ones and like what I’ve tried although it takes me a few times through each one to get acclimated to it.

Happy Birthday csChick!!!! Enjoy your day!

Hello Terapet, Muse, Heather (FatChickBgone), Rennie, Jen, Cathy, MonteCristo, Emily, Shelby, wkgirl, Kara, CountingDown, Ashley, Heather (chicki…) Have a great day!!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #69  

Reflection Day - As I posted earlier, I ate terribly last week on vacation (resulting in a 7 pound gain ) and had very limited slow paced exercise. What did I do good the past week? Ate many fruits and veggies (if you overlook the dips I dipped them in!)

Monday Madness - My goals for this week are:
  • drink water - at least 6 glasses a day
  • get a minimum of 4 hours of exercise in (with a goal of 5 hours)
  • post on the red team thread everyday
  • eat healthy - get back on track with eating
  • be an active participant in the Red Team Challenge!!
  • get as much of my special project at work done - totally done would be awesome but since I have to rely on others, that may not happen

Last edited by ksk571; 06-09-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #70  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Oh, I liked the questionnaires too. Can we do another one now with the peeps who'll actually be sticking around? lol
Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday everyone! I'm glad the forum is back.

Sunday Confession: I ate pizza for dinner!! AH!! Jamie (my boyfriend) brought it home for dinner after work last night. Dang it. I couldn't resist!

Monday Madness:
  • Stay OP all week (and weekend!)
  • Excercise 4 days
  • Hang up all of my laundry
  • Go see Sex and the City!
  • Start reading a new book
Old 06-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #72  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Stacy- I've seen Sex and the City twice already!!! I love love love it Enjoy~
Old 06-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #73  

Monday Madness

Goal 1 -- Stick to my WW plan -- log/track everything!!
Goal 2 -- Drink all my water (not soda, water!!)
Goal 3 -- 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week (any extra is great!)
Goal 4 -- Continue to get my kids to participate in outdoor activities (When it isn't 90 degrees out!!)
Goal 5 -- Try to keep up with posts here and participate more.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Tina - Thats what i've heard from a lot of people! I have to see it soon before I start reading and seeing everything that gives it away. Plus i'm dying to see it! I just can't wait much longer.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #75  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Hello Red Team!

Mavis - I hope you had a great Birthday!

CsChick - Happy Birthday!!

Monday Madness Goals:
~Stay OP that means NO girl scout cookies - yes, I have A LOT of boxes in the freezer and everyone wants to bring them out.

~Drink my water!

~Exercise at least 3 times this week.

~Clean up my closet and organize my clothes.

So the past few days I have been trying to find a dress to wear to a wedding next month and it has been difficult. I thought I found the most fantastic, fabulous dress ever. Turns out I didn't like it as much as I thought when I brought it home and tried it on for my BF and mom. I was actually really excited by my new dress but then it just went away. The dress is really nice and classy. I just think I want to not feel so cute...but more sexy like. Ya know? Oh well...back to the stores. Wish me luck. Oh...the one good thing is I found out I can shop in the normal size section for dresses!!

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 06-09-2008 at 06:03 PM.