3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" Black Team Chat #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/143207-just-beachy-black-team-chat-6-a.html)

Gambaru 06-23-2008 10:06 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm sooo very proud and happy for you all doing so great lately with your weight loss! I hope to catch up with all the threads later this week.

To all of you who sent me good vibes and wishes about my Mom needing to be placed in a nursing home I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Mom's doctor spoke with her about it last Friday and she is very receptive to the idea. Right now she thinks it's a temporary proposition for physical therapy and strength training but we are all hoping that after a month or so she will begin to like it there and want to stay. Her doctor and the admissions director said it is very likely that she will want to stay once she gets to have some fun with the activities, meets and spends time with people similar to her own age, gets regular meals, wears her oxygen, takes her medications on time, and enjoys the weekly beauty shop and manicures each resident receives. Thanks again for your love and concern.

My father has spent the last week in the hospital 1200 miles from me and is still there. He went in for a cardic catheterization to check his right coronary artery and aortic valve as well as to have his carotid arteries cleaned but when he got there he quickly came down with a fever and it turns out now that he has a Group A Streptococcus infection which is now attacking his right leg and most frighteningly his aortic valve of his heart. He is on antibiotics and today they were going to do a endoscopic test to look at his aortic valve. I will call him when I get up from this computer.

Needless to say, my last week has been another emotional nightmare so my diet journaling was non-existent and I've not exercised a bit. I have tried to eat well but I still gained 0.7 lb this week. I am going to try really, really hard to do better this week. Hopefully we will get Mom settled into her new place and my Dad will get better and fixed up in the next week as well. Any good vibes and loving thoughts sent my way will continue to be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks to all of you! Keep up your good work! I look forward to catching up on the threads later this week when I will not be having to work each night.

:hug:
Ann

staja 06-23-2008 11:19 PM

This past week has been going really well for me - staying OP and getting in my exercise. I've also figured out that alcohol and weight loss don't work together for me, so probably just going to cut it out completely. This past Friday also marked the 6 month anniversary of my father's death, and I even did ok that day, so I think I've conquered some of the emotional eating. My dad would be so proud to see my progress :) I'm glad to see all of you still on this journey with me, and hope the week is good to you!

Gambaru - I just wanted to send healing vibes to your Dad, and I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Also, goo about your Mom being receptive to the nursing home idea. We're trying to sell my 85 y/o Gram on a nursing home, after her last fall (she lives alone) but she's too independent to even consider it.

trooworld: 20 pounds of cherry tomatoes?! I'm so jealous, they're one of m favourite foods!

smurf2110 - I think you're the only person I've ever seen get excited about TOM! That yoga DVD must be amazing.

ceegee - I'm tracking my exercise on the 20-somethings thread - 1090 minutes so far this month!

Purplefirefly 06-23-2008 11:36 PM

This is going to be the quickest check in ever, but....:wave: hi everyone :wave: I will be back tomorrow, I barely made the WI and now have to rush off again. I have been back OP and feeling better, just tight on time. Tomorrow will catch up.

taragettingthin 06-24-2008 12:10 AM

Gambaru, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. It's very strong of you to try to stay on the plan through this difficult time. We are here for you when you need.

I lost 3 lbs this week and am not obese anymore.. yay! =)

just keep swimming 06-24-2008 01:17 AM

Gambaru - Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family! :hug:

Tara - Congrats! That is so great! Your progress has inspired me to get my butt back in gear! :)

Have a lovely night, team!

taragettingthin 06-24-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just keep swimming (Post 2239577)

Tara - Congrats! That is so great! Your progress has inspired me to get my butt back in gear! :)

Awww... I'm glad to hear that I got to play that important role. lol. You are doing great and you will be at your goal before you know it! =) :cheer2:

orthodiva 06-24-2008 05:06 AM

I will try to read all the updates on this thread later tomorrow.

Right now I am stuck in yo-yo land on the weigh-ins. Ever since the challenge started, I have been out traveling almost every week and weekend and struggling to just maintain. This past week was probably the worst. I split the week between my bf and mom, the two people who nag me the most about not losing enough weight. Being with them was of course counter-productive since I am faced with all kinds of off-plan eating choices and am not able to move and excercise enough when I am in NY and NJ with them. I'm not traveling too much again until August, so I should be able to get myself back into gear for the rest of the challenge. I went to the store and restocked on my fruits yesterday so I have plenty to eat today. I have a lot of catching up to do at work, but I should be able to get to the gym again today and start my running goals tomorrow night!

I am disliking the hot weather these days. It has really hindered my walking since I can't go out as early anymore to do my errands and get in some extra calorie-burn in addition to my gym time.

tara - congrats on your progress!

staja - I agree about the alcohol. I had just a few drinks twice these past few weeks, but both times I felt miserable the day after. I've told my bf I am not drinking anymore regardless of what anyone says or insists, it really does hinder my progress too and I hate feeling out of comission the following day.

gambaru - best wishes with your parents.

ggmugsy 06-24-2008 11:25 AM

I was SO HAPPY to read all the posts this morning!!

Theresia - Congratulations on being TBL!!! 5 pounds is a lot for a little girl like you!!

Julia - I agree with everybody else. Just keep your core muscles tight and keep on keepin' on!!

Misty - I've been thinking about you. I was very happy to read you saw the 2 you've been waiting for!!! Whoo-hoo!!

Soul & Troo - You 2 make me want to live in California!! That K. Olive bread sounds amazing. Troo, I'm seeing a TON of roasted tomato recipes lately for pasta sauces and soups. They sound wonderful. Enjoy that big box!

Julz - How many black team peeps are left? Hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for all you do for us.

Ceegee & Misty- How was the first concert? Who did you see and what did you end up wearing? You guys crack me up with your WI routine. I have one more thing I do. I place both hands on the windowsill, put my left foot on the scale, EXHALE . . . don't want any excess air in my lungs, then I let go of the windowsill as I place my right foot on the scale. Can't breathe until I see the numb-ah!!

Glitter - WOW! 50 pounds is one of those huge sacks of flour. Definitely deserves a slice of pizza.

Reda - Is it dangerous for your son to get out of the car too quickly?

Smurf - Congrats on your new Yoga find!

Ann -:hug: Will your dad go with your mom to the retirement home? I hope they are both healing quickly and doing better. I'm proud of you for staying in the challenge. .7 pounds is nothing to worry about.

Tara - WOW!!! No longer obese. :hug::carrot: That's huge. It happens to be my goal for this challenge, too.

I've been sick with a cold over the weekend but I'm feeling better today. My climbing rose bloomed and I just want to share it with you.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...MAGE_352-1.jpg

Have a great day everybody!

theresia 06-24-2008 12:44 PM

Thanks ggmugsy!!
I had a good start since I moved 2 weeks ago, completely new food and no snacks.. I also started to workout more.. So that together made it happen :)

trooworld 06-24-2008 12:45 PM

Tara: Hooray!!! That is awesome! Congrats! :D

mugsy: your roses are beautiful, thanks for sharing. I wish I could have some flowers but we don't have any area for them. Not only that, but I have a black thumb...I kill anything but a pothoe or cactus. :P I will have to try the roasted tomato sauce recipes...that sounds yummy. Where did you see them, do you remember?

Today is starting off to be a better day. The sun is shining, but it isn't supposed to be hot today. I put in a load of laundry, which is a good way to start off the day too because I have so much of it to get done and I'm no longer procrastinating. It's not going to be too hot to cook today, either. My mother-in-law is down from LA and I have to run her around here and there, so I am a little worried because that might happen during lunch time. I am going to try to do that in the afternoon after I eat lunch.

Here's a question for you all: what do you do when it is unexpectably too hot of a day to feel like cooking? (I'm planning ahead here)

:hug: to all!

blueyedlvrgirl 06-24-2008 01:06 PM

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Well, this morning I saw 298 at my regular weigh-in time!! I decided to post it now, b/c I know that TOM is coming...Also, I will be up in Ventura again this weekend, my grandpa is having his second leg amputated and asked that we all be there for the surgery. I figured it was better to just post it and know it is done. So, I reported a 2 lb loss since Friday! I FINALLY got to change my ticker too! My next goal is 288...that marks the first 10% GONE! The last goal had a 21 lb span, so it felt like it took forever! This one is only 11, so it shouldn't be as bad...it is also my goal for this challenge...10 lb to go!

Mindy--your climbing roses are BEAUTIFUL! I am sooo excited to finally be in the 2xxs, where I will stay, at least for awhile!

This is my last week of school, my grandpa is in the hospital and it is the busiest week of the month at work! The county fair is in town and my bf and I are going tonight and tomorrow to see the nighttime performances, which means skipping the gym. We are eating healthy before we go, so we are not tempted by all the fried foods. They have this sandwich there...it is a krispy kreme glazed donut with raspberry sauce and a fried chicken patty, they dip it in batter and fry it! YUCK! It's crazy what they come up with! We may share a funnel cake though, one of the nights. Thursday is my last lecture, all work is due by Sat, while I am gone seeing my grandpa. It's going to be a crazy week!

Smurf--I also get HORRIBLE cramps...I am thinking my TOM will come just in time for me to need Darvocets and take my final at the same time...that should be fun! I am checking out that DVD on ebay, right now!

Everyone have a great day! I will try to come back and post in between the chaos!

--Misty

blueyedlvrgirl 06-24-2008 01:10 PM

Troo--Costco has this Chinese chicken salad kit that comes with everything but the lettuce. I keep one of those on hand in the fridge. I add tons of fresh produce and a couple of cuties and voila...DINNER! If I am really desperate (or lazy) I know a few places around that have really healthy food that I can pick up for dinner.

happy2bme 06-24-2008 01:28 PM

Howdy chicks,

Good thoughts to all of you dealing with personal issues right now :hug:

mugsy - your roses are gorgeous. Makes me want to build an arbor on the patio. Do they take much care?

troo - most of our summer/warm weather meals consist of grilled meat or fish with or on top of a salad. I also pick up one of the rotisserie chickens at the store, pull it apart and then make chicken salad with some cold diced vegetables (carrots, peppers, cucumbers) as well as cold fruit salad or chopped fruit. Or I just toss in the shredded chicken into a tossed salad. Wraps are good too. We wind up grilling over half of our meals during the week. Thank goodness for gas grills, I'd never cook as much if we were using charcoal.

:congrat: theresia for being not only our team's biggest loser this week but you beat out the other teams too!

smurf2110 06-24-2008 01:58 PM

Troo-salads salads and more salads a few wraps and grilled chicken, salmon or pork with veggies on the side is my answer for summer cooking. My house does not have cooling besides a ceiling fan and heating up the stove is not an option but since my outdoor grill is still in storage in another state I bought a grill pan and grill like a mad woman early in the morning before it gets hot on my indoor grill pan. I grill enough for a week of salads or wraps for lunch and dinner for the whole family.

Misty-Oh I hope the DVD works as wonderfully for you as it has for me! I am absolutely THRILLED my cramps have been managable with only a couple of advil I am usually a darv. girl too and have not had to take one this time. I also usually get a migraine at least one of the days sending me to my bed, but this yoga DVD is so calming and relaxing that so far so good-knock on wood-it is all done with a chair for support and I was telling my husband I have never felt so comfortable in the poses as I have with this one. It also comes with an audio CD that I haven't listened to yet but will later this evening!

I went out for a 45 min. run/walk today and after a week of sickies and no cardio I felt it, but it was still good. I am looking forward to yoga tonight and some weights later this afternoon.

Well I better go get my house cleaned and some work done. Good job to all of you awesome loosers out there. I am not expecting much in the scale department tomorrow, but have a new found energy to KICK SOME BUTT for next weeks weigh in!

theresia 06-24-2008 02:11 PM

trooworld - I usually do some kind of sallad, if I am very hungry I add some pasta. Not so hot to eat..
happy2bme - Thanks! :)

My exercising goes pretty well right now. Today I will do Day 10 of the 30 Day Shred. I also started the push up challenge.. I am right now in a "preparing" week,. Will start week 1 next week (if I get stronger by then).. Here were I live now is very difficult to go out alone,, I just can't do that, to dangerous.. So I can't go out and take a run whenever i want :(,, That's what I miss the most from Sweden.. So I think I'll start to jump rope 3 times a week,, to keep up my cardio until I go back to Sweden in October..
Have a nice day everyone, and let's win next week!!

Manick 06-24-2008 04:15 PM

Hey team!

Thanks for all the kind condolences and hugs! You all are the best. :hug:

Yes, Ceegee my exercise updating is in arrears....I am in a mad rush to finish all my work before we leave on vacation Thursday! That might be pretty low on the list, sorry to say :( BUT...I AM getting exercise, so that is what counts. I might have to update when I come back in July.

Misty congrats on breaking thru to the 2's, that is exciting!:carrot:

Theresia Congrats big loser! That is something to celebrate...AND you live in a place to show it off :D I'm sure you're a hot beach babe now!

Soul Olive bread is my absolute favorite too...it is worth the splurge!

Troo smiling at your tomato find...that is awesome! :cool: I can't wait till our garden is loaded with them...that is...if (hopefully) they don't die while we are gone...supposed to be so hot this weekend here. I am going to find a neighbor boy to water!!

Smurf the yoga sounds worth checking out! I have been noticing this TOM is not so bad...bad, but not SO bad...and I'm thinking its gotta be the exercise. Suspense was good, kept me laughing.

Mugsy, the rose bush is gorgeous! What a pretty thing to sit under.

HELLO to all of you I missed!!!:wave:

I am going to be working like a mad woman the next 2 days and then I'm outta here till July 6th. Not sure I will have much internet access. I'm going to do my best to make good choices and get lots of exercise...will try to catch up more later today.

ceegee 06-24-2008 09:11 PM

gg- beautiful flowers! I have some gorgeous clematis.... love them!

Manick -awww, I know you are working it, lol! It is more of a nudge to myself to get moving with my pitiful numbers :)

Troo - just enjoyed a salad myself! I put in deli lean ham, light swisscheese, turkey, and lots of veggies and beans. For DH, I can use the same ingredients and make him and the boys sub sandwiches. Sometimes I like to eat hummus and pita on really gross days!

Hi to everyone!

JuliaDH 06-24-2008 09:26 PM

Misty welcome to the two's. Its kinda nice here. Not feeling to comfortable myself yet. Maybe 20 away from 300 will make me feel less vulnerable!

taragettingthin 06-24-2008 09:45 PM

gg, that is a very beautiful roses! I am so jealous of you now! =)

happy, rotisserie chicken is a great idea! Thanks for your ideas!

Theresia, isn't that 30-Day Shred just the greatest workout DVD? :)

I finally got to do both of my "regular" dvd's today. TransFirmation series that I did for over 2 months everyday and 30-Day Shred. It felt great that I got to do both! yay! =)

ChopperChick355 06-24-2008 10:35 PM

ggmugsy- You know we have always told him to wait a bit before moving around and do it slowly however your adralen is running on high and you don't think of that. He just said that nothing hurt after the roll so he wanted to get the heck out of the car. We made sure that the roll cage in his car is well built and stable.
Oh and such beautiful flowers I am also not a green thumb if they take any much care than rain water when it rains it is not for me.

ceegee-I to just haven't taken the time to record my exercise but I have been exercising 30-40 minutes daily I decided not to do much more than that because in looking at a lifetime goal I do not want to be spending more time than that in t future. I will try to get it updated later tonight.....

Theresia- Great job on t weight loss that is alot of weight for one week, :)

Misty- Congrats on getting into the 2's that is awesome you go girl:carrot:

In the summer time we do lots of grilling or I make chicken Fajitas because that doesn't take much time to cook in a pan. I personally eat salads, sandwiches and frozen dinners for lunch and once in awhile I will have left over fajita chicken.

Oh yeah tonight was my WI and I was thinking with this past weekend not totally eating OP but close that I would have gained or lost little but to my surprise I lost 2.2 this week. :carrot:I am going to update ticker and update page.So the slow weightloss at the beginning is no longer and I hope it stays that way. Oh yeah I started getting a sore throat on Sunday and it is progressively getting worse but started taking some medication today so hopefully by tomorrow I will be feeling alittle better.

To those that I may missed and I know I have, I do apologize and have a great evening.

trooworld 06-24-2008 11:03 PM

blueyedlvrgirl: congrats on getting into the 200s, way to go! :carrot: I will have to look at Costco...are they in that section with the prepared salads and sandwiches? I love Chinese Chicken salad. Do you know if they have cuties right now? They are my favorite fruit but Vons isn't carrying them right now (and NP Produce doesn't ever carry them :( ). I think I need to make a list of options for when I don't want to cook.

happy2bme: I love to grill, but since we moved, we don't have one. Hubby says our old grill won't fit in the area we can put a grill in (I don't believe him!), so I am saving $$$ to buy a smaller one. I think salads with grilled fish / chicken would be perfect. It was what we made before when we were feeling lazy.

theresia: congrats on being the biggest loser!!!

smurf: I think I need to do that, cooking in the morning before I get exhausted from the heat. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make some things with my 20 lbs of cherry tomatoes. :lol:

Manick: where are you going on vaca? We will miss you! I wish we had a garden, there is NOTHING like a tomato straight from the garden. I found a good sounding roasted cherry tomato sauce that I am making a double batch of tomorrow. I'm also making some roasted chipotle salsa. I don't know what else to do but use them in salads and as snacks. I don't want to throw them away, mostly because my hubby will say I told you so. Even if I throw half of them away, they were still worth the money and I got my money's worth.

ceegee: I love hummus and pita. I am a little burned out on it right now because I got a bunch for my graduation party but maybe I will make some roasted red pepper hummus for lazy days.

reda: you know, when I don't feel like cooking, I can march my #@! over to Vons, which is right next door, and get a frozen dinner. I am just not that crazy about them. They have gotten better over the years, though. I love fajitas. You know what sounds good? A chicken fajita salad. Maybe I will try to make that up. If I do, I will post it on the food thread. Congrats on the weight loss!!! I hope your throat feels better.

Hello to everyone else not mentioned. How are you all doing? Today was a very successful day. It was cooler so I got some walking in, then I walked around a lot with my m-i-l doing errands. I ate *perfectly* today, I must say. I'm very happy about that. The only thing bad about today is that I have drank nearly -0- ounces of water, just some coffee and iced tea (sweetened with splenda). Hopefully tomorrow is just as successful. Even though I did good today, I weighed in high this morning. I expect to not do so well on Saturday's official weigh in. Hopefully it was a fluke because of not drinking enough water lately, but I think it is partially paying the price for poor decisions. Hope everyone has a good night!

happy2bme 06-25-2008 12:08 AM

Looking over some back posts...

Manick - my condolences on the loss of your friend. You're so right about giving a hug to the people we love and letting them know how much they mean to us. Have fun on your vacation and don't stress out too much before you go. Seems like we always work extra hard just to get a few days off...

troo - much as I love cherry tomatoes, not sure if I could find enough ways to use 20 lbs before they went soft. Tomato sauce, bruchetta, a salad with fresh mozzerella, tomatos, olive oil, garlic and fresh basil??? You can always bury some of the ones that go bad in the back yard to guarantee tomato plants next year :lol: But then again, if you don't have room for a grill :(

Congrats on your loss Reda

Congrats Tara on your latest accomplishment - how does it feel in normal-land?

That's a bummer Teresia that you can't go out when you feel like it. Now a days sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be out and about (especially at night) even in places I once thought were safe.

Smurf - that's great news about the yoga dvd. And your family is gorgeous.

Well I keep promising myself I'm going to get to bed earlier and it starts by getting off the computer - like NOW.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

taragettingthin 06-25-2008 12:38 AM

Happy, I'm not in normal-land yet. I still have about 30 more pounds to go but now I'm in overweight land, not obese land. So I'm still quite happy, as I didn't think I was obese and turned out to be...and now I'm finally in overweight range. :D Thanks, though! =)

theresia 06-25-2008 08:33 AM

Thanks everyone for your congratulations!!
taragettingthin Yes, I love the 30 Day Shred,, it's just perfect, Just when I feel like I am to tired to keep going it ends :)
Yesterday I did no exercise, I had to rest my body... However I'm planning to take an hour workout tonight, with push ups, 30 Day Shred and jump rope.. It's my weigh in tomorrow,, So it's my last chance workout :)
Have a nice day everyone!

ChopperChick355 06-25-2008 09:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone!! I still have that nasty sore throat this morning and does not seem to be going away at all even after taking medication for the past day and a half. Thinking about taking a sick day but then I think of all the work I have to do and end up going to work. In that last 4 years I have only used 3 sick days, I really should have used more but I always talk myself out of it adn go to work. I am a work-aholic and I really don't know why because I love my time away from work as well. Anyways

Troo- There are very few frozen dinners that I like I can actually count them on one hand but my favorite 2 are Smart Ones Peppered Steak and Healty Choice Roasted Turkey and Potatoes.

You know I really need to be drinking more water but with my sore throat I know I haven't been drinking enought or at least not as much as I usually do daily.
I suppose I should get my butt moving and decide what I am going to do today....

jenjen 06-25-2008 09:21 AM

Hey gang! Sorry to not be posting much this week. I'm leaving on Friday & will be on vacation. Think I'm going to use a freebie for weigh-in on Monday the 7th. I plan on relaxing by the pool or on the beach!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

SoulBliss 06-25-2008 11:56 AM

Philosophical thought for the day:

Do you love yourself?

"At the heart of personality is the need to feel a sense of being lovable without having to qualify for that acceptance."

-- Dr. Paul Tournier

How do you see yourself as unlovable?

Take a few minutes to write down why you perceive yourself to be unlovable. Look at the list and see if you can identify where those characterizations originated. Can you pinpoint old messages from parents, teachers, and friends that led you to negative conclusions about yourself? Are those messages valid today?

The beliefs we adopt as children usually don't hold when we view them objectively as adults. Can you let them go? Can you begin to see yourself as a unique expression of life, a genuine gift to the world?

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

-- Buddha

"Limitless like the ocean are your excellent qualities."

-- Dalai Lama

ceegee 06-25-2008 12:06 PM

Morning everybody!

Hey...what happened to that weird post.... was going to ask about it but I think it has been deleted.....

:)

trooworld 06-25-2008 12:06 PM

reda: be careful not drinking enough water...I never feel like drinking anything when I am sick and one year, I was sick with bronchitis or something and didn't drink hardly any fluids and was feeling like death and went to the doctor and they discovered that I was totally dehydrated, they had to keep the clinic open late to give me IV fluids! I felt soooo much better immediately after they did that. So, be sure and force yourself to drink fluids. I will have to remember those frozen dinners. They sound good.

Soul: Sometimes I love myself and other times, I despise myself. Usually I despise myself when I look in the mirror. I am having some major issues with body image and self-esteem right now. I need to do some serious work on it. I like my personality okay, it's just the physical being that I hate. My husband and I were talking the other day and he said, "Name something that you like about your body." I had to think and finally I said, "my fingers." That is all I could think of.

To everyone else......hi! I hope everyone is starting off on the right foot. Here, the sun is shining, the air smells fresh and I've already started picking up the house, making it less embarrassing for visitors to see. Have a good day, everyone! :D

chiquita623 06-25-2008 12:26 PM

Good Morning Teammates!! sorry I've been MIA lately but I'm off on vacation this week and I ended up watching my 4 month old grandson. I must be getting old. He's kicking my butt!!!!

My eating has been way off plan so I will probably take my 2nd freebie week and try to get it under control once again. I've been giving serious thought to following the South Beach Diet. Are any of you on it and how easily does it fit into real life?

Sorry - no time for personals right now. I take DGS home later today so will hop back on here tomorrow when my life is back to normal!!! Everyone have a great Wednesday. Talk to you tomorrow.

ggmugsy 06-25-2008 12:36 PM

Troo - I posted 2 links for roasted tomato recipes in the Black Team healthy eating thread for everybody. I also saw this in a magazine. It's called a notebook grill and uses charcoal. http://aplusrstore.com/product_detai...pid=290&cid=93 There is another cute charcoal grill at this store as well. I know Coleman makes a little gas grill, too.

I love my steamer. I can make steamed potatoes, rice, or other veggies and it doesn't get the house too hot. You could plug it in on your back porch if you have electricity there and then all the steam would still be outside.

Thanks for the comments on the roses. :) I just love them. I cut back the dead wood in fall or in the spring, and have to tie up rogue branches once or twice each summer, but it basically takes care of itself. It continues to bloom throughout the summer, but it never has as many flowers as it's first blooming.

My head is still kind of woozy from my cold but I'm hanging in there.

Went to a gym last night to talk about a personal trainer, some classes, and fitness & body fat percentage tests. The guy was a total dork. He was doing his canned sales pitch and never once asked me a question. He said about 4 times . . . "Unless you are a highly trained, competitive athlete, you don't need that." I wanted to slug him. I'm tempted to call the owner today and tell him what an idiot the guy is, but it's probably her son. ;) ROFLOL!

Good news on my knee. Doc says it's just pieces of cartilage roaming around and that I can continue to exercise.

Better get downstairs and get to sweating!!

blueyedlvrgirl 06-25-2008 12:36 PM

Good Morning Everyone!
Well, last night I was at the fair and the only thing I gave into was some kettle corn! I am proud of myself...I watched people eating fried bread tacos and funnels cakes too! I did buy a caramel apple to share with my bf, but I figured that was much better than what I could've gotten!

Troo--Yes, they are in the back by the meats, cheeses and salads. They are REALLY good! Costco is usually where I get my cuties...pretty good price for that big box. They also have great prices on cherries...MMM...I LOVE summer produce!!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I am trying to not get comfy here, I want to keep moving dooooowwwwwnnnnn!

I wish I could say more, but I am swamped! I will try to get back later!

BYE!

--Misty

just keep swimming 06-25-2008 03:15 PM

reda - Hope your sore throat feels better soon! I hate sore throats.

jenjen - Have a blast on vacation!

Soul - Good question! I think I do love myself, actually. That's quite nice to know. :)

troo - Personality is the important part, anyway. And I wish I had nice fingers! :)

Misty - Great job at the fair! That kind of food is hard to resist. Usually I'm glad that it tends to be overpriced.

I'm in the process of interviewing for a job that I REALLY want. :crossed: It's a little stressful, but sticking to plan is keeping me sane.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

ChopperChick355 06-25-2008 10:52 PM

Hello again.

Where is everyone at? I know it is vacation time but I don't remember to many saying that they were going on vacation... I do have 35 days till my vacation as I am waiting patiently though.

Thanks everyone the good vibes must have helped today feeling a little better, not a whole bunch but a little. I was able to drink more water this afternoon but still not feeling like I am breathing good enough to exercise today not even for 5 minutes so tomorrow maybe if feeling okay I will try double time....

JenJen have a super vacation;)

Misty great job at the fair it is hard to resist foods at the fair but you did it!!!!

Well have a great night talk to everyone in the morning

Jessica good luck at your interview hope you get what you want

taragettingthin 06-25-2008 11:17 PM

reda355 congrats on your loss! :carrot: Also, if it hurts to drink water, try warm/hot water to see if that makes your sore throat feel better...?

ceegee weird post? what? what did i miss? :looks around:

Jessica Good luck with the job you want!

angeline 06-26-2008 07:46 AM

hi everyone - just sticking my head in for a minute.

traveling is done for a while - my scale is thankful. the best i'm doing at the moment is maintaining, which isn't a bad thing...just not losing. i have one more week to post a loss in june and then july is right around the corner.

i'm off to a day spa with my mom and sis (present for my mom) and then spending the day on my sister's boat. i'm bringing a couple of healthy dishes but still...it'll be a food minefield!!

saturday we're entertaining so at least i can control the menu a little more. then for the 4th we're having people over - and everyone is bringing a dish.
finally the end of july the step kids will be visiting for a long weekend.

do i need to mention that most events will have lots of wine and beer??...probably not, huh?

theresia 06-26-2008 08:43 AM

God morning Teamies!!
A new sunny day before me. I did weigh in today. The scale showed 139, that's down 2 from last week. Felt pretty good..
Anyway, today I will bake a lot of cookies,, for a graduation party for maybe 60 children... Let's hope I don't eat to much..
Yesterday I finished Day 10 of the 30 Day Shred, only 20 more to go!!
Have a nice day everyone!

jenjen 06-26-2008 09:05 AM

Hey Black Team! Well, it's almost Friday. :D

I'm down another pound. So I've already posted it. Hopefully, I won't do too badly on vacation, but I've taken my first Freebie week. Just don't want to worry about it. I'm cutting myself off from work completely--ie leaving the Blackberry in my desk drawer. They'll just have to survive for a week without me! :cool:

I'll try to check in mid-vacation. I'm not really going anywhere--long weekend at the folks, but then I'm just coming home to get some much needed relaxation!

Keillynsmom 06-26-2008 10:32 AM

Morning,

Sorry I haven't been around -- I'm done with jury duty -- I actually got picked this time and had a criminal trial. One of those "experience" things though I have the distinct desire to dye my hair red or something so his family won't recognize me -- one of the first things the jury agreed on was that the defendant's sister was very scary and we were afraid she was going to come over the rail at us.

My MIL is gone and the trial is over -- I just feel tired. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm trying to catch up on where everyone's been for the last few days -- hope everyone is well.

Barb

trooworld 06-26-2008 10:46 AM

mugsy: that is such a neat grill! Talk about a space saver. We are going to measure the space where we can put a grill and then measure our old grill to see if it will fit and if it will, maybe we can bring it over...if not, I think I have a good chance of talking hubby into a smaller gas grill $100. I can't really have a grill on the ground out there because my neighbor lets her dog out there to pee and I don't think I want pee as a marinade on my meat. :lol: My rice cooker has a steaming function but I never use it for steaming. It's a really cool rice cooker, it's got a timer which is perfect because I never know when rice will be done. I forgot I could steam things, that is a good idea and it wouldn't make the house too hot. I hope you recover from your cold soon, that sucks. Hopefully the guy at the gym was a fluke...are there other people there you could talk to? Does your knee hurt?

misty: I think you did marvelous at the fair. I love kettle corn, it must have been fabulous. I haven't been to the fair in years, but one of the biggest draws for me was the food. I like to look at the crafts and stuff too though. As far as the chicken salad, is it high in cals do you know? I want some cuties so badly. When I get them at Vons, my hubby always gripes at me because it is a big box and he says I never eat it all (which is pretty much true but I don't throw that much away), it's kind of like the grape tomatoes. If he knew how much I paid for them, he'd really throw a fit. Luckily, I get them when he isn't around. ;)

Jessica: I wish I liked more than my fingers, but I guess atleast I like those. :) Good luck on the job interview. Looking for a job sucks.

angeline: a day at the spa sounds fun. Good luck avoiding the beer and wine, that's a tough one on 4th of July!

jenjen: have fun on vacation.

barb: I have jury duty next week, I am hoping they don't pick me.

To everyone else: Hi! I hope you all are doing well. Well, yesterday started out pretty good but didn't end so well. It's always dinner that messes me up! I cooked up some of the tomatoes yesterday, I made pasta sauce and salsa. I think I may make some of that tomato soup mugsy gave me a recipe for today, if I have time. I'm definitely making dinner tonight and it's going to be healthy. Spicy chicken breasts with mexican flavors and spanish rice or green beans. Have a good day everyone!