3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" Black Team Chat #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/143207-just-beachy-black-team-chat-6-a.html)

ggmugsy 06-12-2008 11:59 AM

I forgot Reda! You wild woman . . . going to Sturgis! Whoo Hooo!!!

Manick 06-12-2008 01:14 PM

GOOD Morning indeed! Thanks Reda!

OK Black Team--here is a an excellent LIST OF FIBER FOODS!

Gotta say...nope, NOT posting from the bathroom, but also no problems either...I am one regular woman. If you can eat a high fiber, bran cereal and you have any kind of veggies that day also, it is almost inevitable that you will get in a fair amount. This site suggests you need 30-40 gm a day for optimal health. I think I can do this for awhile in that range.

Off to the exercise dungeon!

:lifter:

happy2bme 06-12-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulBliss (Post 2221955)

Well, apparently some of you would be hesitant to think outside the box in terms of foods...Brussels sprouts for breakfast, why not? ;) ?

:no: 'fraid not. I'm always on the look out for some protein based foods that keep the munchies at bay until lunch. In fact, most traditional carb based breakfast stuff like bagels and cereal only make me hungry an hour later.

For me it's a case of strong smells really getting to me in the morning. I'm afraid brussel sprouts are a bit too "fragrant" at 6am. To each his own tho, right? - long as it's not little chocolate doughnuts :lol:

Thanks for the list of high fiber foods Manick. Good reference which I've printed out and will use with my weekly shopping list and menu planner. Don't forget to up the water intake to help that fiber along...

theresia 06-12-2008 01:32 PM

Hello Team!
Now I am in caribean instead of Sweden. Will be here for 3-4 months..
I will weigh in tomorrow,, let's see how the scale here is.. Different scales that I've used can shift up to 5 pounds..
It's 88 degrees here,, but according to weather.com it feels like 99... Let's see later if there will be a workout,,I will visit a lot of friends those coming days that I haven't seen in one year..

blueyedlvrgirl 06-12-2008 01:34 PM

Hey everyone!
I have been to the gym 2 days in a row, which is great after not going for 2 weeks! I always feel so sexy when I have been working out! Part of that may be b/c I am playing hookie from work this afternoon to have a little afternoon delight! LOL Anyway, ladies...I am hoping to finally see that scale move more this week. I am skipping the gym today, but will be working up a sweat all afternoon! Back to the grind tomorrow and Saturday though! Just 2 more weeks and school is done for 5 weeks!! I can't wait!

Fiber: I think I need more, I used to be so good about making sure I got enough, but I have gotten lazy in that dept. I will have to use Manick as inspiration to get that moving again!

Drinking: I rarely drink, part b/c the calories, part from just being burnt out. I did so much of that stuff when I was younger that it just doesn't interest me. One thing is for sure, I will be drinking at my sister's wedding, I am the maid of honor and I will need something to get up front of 100 people to give my speech!

Mugsy: I recently went from having my hair most of the way down my back to just below my shoulders...when I left the salon it wasn't what I wanted, but when I did it the next day, boy was it smokin' hot! I may never grow my hair long again! I am having a great hair day...Hopefully I can pass some of it on to you for your event tonight!

Bye for now...Everyone have a great day! I will be back tomorrow!!

--Misty

ceegee 06-12-2008 02:06 PM

Hi Team!

Hope everyone has a great day!

SoulBliss 06-12-2008 02:09 PM

Hi everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2bme (Post 2223242)
:no: 'fraid not. I'm always on the look out for some protein based foods that keep the munchies at bay until lunch. In fact, most traditional carb based breakfast stuff like bagels and cereal only make me hungry an hour later.

I can't eat refined carb foods like that either. No good!

Brussels sprouts, they certainly *are* stinky. :o

You may be surprised to learn that the Brussels sprouts I had break down this way: 12 grams of protein 12 grams of fiber 24 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of fat for 130 calories!

happy2bme 06-12-2008 06:34 PM

I think it was you Soul who mentioned that the sprouts are full of protein - wow what a pleasant surprise that was and all the more reason in my mind to try the roasted ones. So thank you for all the extra info you provide with the food challenge. I've learned alot from you and Manick.

Now, can we find a low fat, low glycemic breakfast food that smells like warm cinnamon buns :lol: Well ok, I do have a great steel cut oats recipe...

Manick 06-12-2008 08:22 PM

Happy--good point on the water, earlier! Yes I am getting a minimum of 96oz with my fiber plan...I also get in some extra liquids with decaf tea at night. So I really am the bathroom :queen: right now. I am just so stinkin' determined!

I was commiserating/complaining with DH today (I try to keep my weight loss talk to a minimum) and he pointed out that really going back to my old way which was "eating healthy stuff" but not measuring would only make me feel worse. At least I have a chance to lose something this way..and it's really all a matter of patience. Patience and continued determination when NOTHING seems to be happening day in and day out. Really I'm just PO'd at the scale today...and yeah, yeah...I could stop with the daily weighing, but I am working pretty hard and I WANT to be rewarded on the scale. :mad: Anyway... He also helpfully keeps pointing out how firm my behind is becoming :D Yesterday he said I could practically snap a pencil with it :lol:

Ok, I love LOTS of cinnamon on my oatmeal and if you have the allowance for it you could try this: This is absolutely scrumptious for a low fat treat! Sliced banana sauteed in a bit of butter (1-2 tsp) or just spray a non-stick pan with a little olive oil and cook the sliced banana on med heat till it gets brown. Then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and continue browning for a minute or so and serve it warm on top of your oatmeal. It is SO good!

Banana is a fairly low GI food , sugar is not, BUT you could substitute brown sugar style Splenda (if you eat that?) Anyway, this is a weekend standard at our house. Also a divine topping on french toast!

smurf2110 06-12-2008 08:28 PM

So we had snow yesterday and today the city pool was open with kids swimming-I don't think it reached 70 degrees today-and the pool is NOT heated...brrrrr...but the weather looks to be warming up and we should be close to 80 tomorrow and 85 on Saturday and Sunday. I am so excited!

I tried one of my new yoga DVDs and it was pretty good. I got "yoga for weight loss: quick start" and "yoga conditioning for weight loss" I will try the quick start one tomorrow or possibly tonight. I didn't get my walk/run in this morning-slept in too late-stayed up too late last night working, but tomorrow I will get it in!

On the subject of refined carbs I am in the same boat. I am hypoglycemic and the refined carbs are a great boost, but then I plumit BAD-my blood sugar drops and I have an attack. I have to have lots of protien and fiber to balance it out. So pasta has to be loaded, no simple spaghetti for me.

Breakfast for me has never been cereal-HATE all of them! So I get creative-and often includes leftovers from the day before. My most eaten is 1/2 PBJ on wheat bread

Well I need to go mow my forest-all the rain and cool temps have really helped my grass, I just hope I saved my herbs

SoulBliss 06-12-2008 08:50 PM

Hey, that makes me think this would be a good question for everyone to answer:

What did you (or will you) have for breakfast?

Manick 06-12-2008 09:08 PM

Hee hee...you know I just LOVE talking about this :lol: I'm slightly obsessed!

1 cup Go Lean
1/2 cup Fiber One
1 cup Frozen Organic Blueberries
1 cup Organic skim milk

370 calories, 2g fat, 24g sugar, 26g fiber, 24 g protein

Yeah, and I'm posting recipes for stuff I'm not even eating....:devil:
I'm eating 1 T of olive oil per day and taking my fish oil supplements, and no extra sugar (as in the granules).
Brown rice, vegetables (lots) shrimp, fish, some fruit, lean chicken, quinoa, and the occasional piece of cheese. Basic. Boring...sort of...but I'll tell ya, when I am REALLY hungry, just about ANY healthy thing tastes heavenly!

jenjen 06-12-2008 09:26 PM

Hey gang!

SoulBliss, I'm not a big breakfast eater. I usually have a glass of milk and a "cereal bar". Right now, I'm stuck on Kashi bars, high in Protein & Fiber.

I haven't done great on exercise this week. I've had so much to do after work. But, I've maintained. I really have to buckle down these next couple of weeks.

I'm so dissappointed because my tomatoes have some sort of fungus. UGH!

I'll write more over the weekend. Right now, I'm exhausted.

Thank goodness tomorrow if FRIDAY!!! :carrot:

smurf2110 06-12-2008 09:36 PM

Manick-sounds yummy-all but the cereal stuff :)

I will probably have my 1/2 PBJ tomorrow morning. Pretzels and cheese for a snack and a turkey sandwich and beans for lunch and then I need to go shopping so not sure yet what the plan is for dinner.

Speaking of fiber minus water I thought I was going to die on Saturday. I had my wedding in the morning and then 2 other family sessions that day so as I was leaving I grabbed some "granola" bars from my moms stash and headed out for my busy day. In between the wedding and the first family session I ate one of the bars and drank maybe a cup of water (I am one of those people that drink when thirsty and until satisfied not really paying attention, although I am trying harder) went and did the first family session and started to feel the bloat/intestinal cramps by the time I was done with the second family session (oh and no other food or water was consumed) and I made it back to my mom's I was about ready to let them take me to the hospital as I was doubled over and drinking anything made me sick and eating anything was out of the question. Come to find out the bar I ate was a Fiber bar and that with the combination of dehydration I was in bad shape! SO moral of the story-pay attention to what you are grabbing and putting in your mouth and NEVER let yourself get dehydrated especially when you have a fiber bar in your gut!

Oh and in case anyone is wondering (I am sure you all care so much :) ) why I am not mowing the lawn like I said I was the DUMB mower wont start-yes there is gas in it :)

Manick 06-12-2008 09:42 PM

Ow! Yes, that is NOT fun! :( Good advice!

Manick 06-12-2008 09:44 PM

I WAS wondering how the lawn mowing went...

I am at my desk at work...procrastinating in between big projects! Need to find a good podcast to listen to for the next couple of hours to get me thru. All the other people in the office are gone now....so I can play whatever I want.

ChopperChick355 06-12-2008 10:43 PM

Well good evening everyone or I should say night!

Manick thanks for the list of fiber foods that is going to be really helpful because fiber is one thing that I really never paid much attention to it before.

Smurf I went to mow and my mower wouldn't start either and this is a new mower so I have only probably ridden twice maybe anyways I tried everything short of putting battery charger on it and it wouldn't start so then my husband comes home from work gets on and pushes the foot clutch in and it starts.... :( Our old mower we didn't have to push in a clutch so I really didn't think about it with this one, darn I was so mad but I bet I will remember next time.

So is there a good fiber cereal that is good without eating it with milk? I am not a milk person at all but I if there is a good cereal out there dry I would surely give it a try for some extra fiber.

Well washer is done so I can get in the shower as I just got done walking on the treadmil for about 70 minutes with some jogging it showed I burned like 540 calories and went over 3 miles. I sure didn't jog the whole time only intervals but some day I will be able to jog the whole thing, someday.

Well good night I will try to log on in the morning.

taragettingthin 06-12-2008 11:05 PM

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good.. It's almost weekend.

Today is like Friday for me because I work Sun-Thursday. My TL is staying late every Thursday so I can't post that long but just wanted to update you on my monthly weigh-in at Curves.

My monthly weigh-in is actually on the 7th but because the trainer was busy, I got to do it today. Last month, I was at 199 and it was 195.5 today. Only 3.5 lbs but I lost 6.25 inches! Lost 1 inch from each thigh and 1.75 inch from my waist! The trainer actually measured my thigh twice because she thought she measured it wrong. She was amazed and kept asking what else I was doing.. yay! My bodyfat is still at 44 so I'm not really happy about that. The trainer told me to watch my fat intake.

Altogether so far, I've lost 18.75 inches in 3 months! =)

I did get Curves cereal for free, though, for the loss. :D I needed to get a box of cereal so this works for me.

ceegee 06-13-2008 01:15 AM

Can't sleep....hiya teamies!!!

I don't think I ate enough tonight so I am eating some peanut butter off a spoon - hopefully when I fall asleep nobody else will wake up. My 1 year old wanted to party last night between 3am and 5am, which is verrrry unlike him. That was fun.....I hope it was random!

taragettingthin 06-13-2008 01:22 AM

I know how that is, Ceegee. My 2.5 year old DD sleeps at my house on weekends, and at her grandparents' on weekdays because I work at night. Sometimes she decides to play at like 4 AM. I try to go to sleep early for my daughter on weekends but it usally ends up at 1 or 2, since I'm used to going to sleep at 5:30 AM on weekdays. So Party at 4 AM is no fun, especially for a single parent. :(
I hope it was random for you too and hopefully you will be able to fall asleep soon.

theresia 06-13-2008 09:04 AM

I weighed in this morning,, on a "new" scale.. it showed 146!!
Maybe it shows less than my other scale in sweden,, but I will use this scale for the next 3-4 months. So I'll go with that..

smurf2110 06-13-2008 11:56 AM

WOW I am worked over! I got up and walked a mile then ran a mile, came home and finished the lawn. We have the old school mowers that you have to push and with almost a full acre to mow it took me 1.5 hours-phew good workout for me. I need to do my yoga DVD today to so that I can get my body back in line after the yard work :)

I really hope that I can get my garden planted tomorrow-what I would do for a garden tomato!

I need to go grocery shoping so I will be out most of the afternoon today and if we get going on the garden who knows if I will be around much the rest of the weekend. Happy Father's day to any dad's lurking and to all the dad's of our kids.

bethbeth 06-13-2008 12:09 PM

WHAT IS GOING ON?

As you know, I am in the crazy week of packing and we're moving TOMORROW. Today is my last day of work, yippee!
I have been eating way off my diet and getting hardly any exercise this week. At the beginning of the week my weight jumped up 4 pounds, and as of my weigh in this morning I lost those 4 pounds plus 1 more! So I just posted a 1 pound loss for the week. How did I lose 5 pounds eating junk and not exercising? Maybe I should keep this up?:shrug:

glitterlicious 06-13-2008 01:25 PM

hey everyone!!! :)

Haven't checked in for a while...everything has been going OP. I was a bit worried how starting my summer job would affect my workout routine and diet, but I have adapted well. I'm now up to running 2.5 miles every other day. I am really happy about that accomplishment and can't wait to reach the 3 mile mark.

I wore a bikini to the beach for the first time in a very, very, very long while. My friends said they could def see a difference, and after almost 4 weeks on consistantly working out I must say I am beginning to see some lean muscle tone coming through too...It definitely encourages me to keep on going!

Hope everyone's week went well. Here's to an awesome weekend!

bethbeth 06-13-2008 02:03 PM

Glitterlicious~ Congratulations on wearing a bikini! I bet you looked HOT.

ChopperChick355 06-13-2008 04:25 PM

Glitter- that is awesome a bikini I bet you did look HOT!! That is great that you are starting to see lean muscle and a difference that is what keeps you motivated and determined!!!

Bethbeth-That is great you lost what you gained plus extra:carrot:. I have no idea what I am doing wrong I did lose a little this week instead of gaining but I have been walking/jogging every day and pretty much staying on plan and this morning I was showing a gain when I got on the scale:( feeling sorry for myself I ate a cookie only one when 2 were saved for me but still I did eat it.:(

So what does everyone have planned for fathers day this weekend? Or just in general whats going on this weekend? I get to go for a motorcycle ride tomorrow I believe it will be about a 400 mile trip so it will be nice as I have to get my butt toughened up for the Sturgis ride in August.

Smurf- Wow you should feel worked over you did alot of exercising this morning alread GREAT JOB GIRLIE!!!!

taragettingthin & ceegee- Boy I don't miss those non sleeping days for nothing it just throws everything off.... taragettingthin plus you work night I just couldn't do it I have a hard time staying up past midnight unless we are out on the town otherwise it is beddy bye for me.

Well I am going to go get some exercise in before we have to leave for the races. I will try to log on again later. Have a Great Weekend just in case I don't.

ggmugsy 06-13-2008 04:25 PM

Bethbeth - I call losing weight after a binge "delayed gratification for time well served." :) You've been on program, have a little slip, and still the postive shows through in the end. Whoo-hoo!!

Glitter - Congratulations on your bikini accomplishment!

Manick - Your banana recipe made me drool onto my keyboard. I'm a Bananas Foster NUT!!

Smurf - I hear you on the tomatoes!! I gave in and bought some tomatoes on the vine that I washed in soap and water. They were finally under a buck a pound and I couldn't resist.

Theresia - I LOVE the Carribean!! Well . . . I love Sandals Resorts and the Ritz Carleton(s) in the Carribean. All my meals prepared, beautiful swimming pools, lovely young men who keep bringing me champagne and/or White Russians . . . ahhhhh!!! Where are you? My sister lived in St. Thomas for about 4 years.

Tara - I thought about you this morning! WW has a bunch of Korean BBQ recipes featured today. Yum, yum!!

Ceegee - Very funny. . . partying with a 1 year old in the wee hours. ;)

Went to see Sex And The City yesterday. It was GREAT. They did a great job with the movie, IMHO.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend!

ChopperChick355 06-13-2008 04:43 PM

gg mugsy we were posting at exactly the same time. But now I am off to exercise!! :)

Manick 06-13-2008 05:21 PM

HAAAA! I take it ALL back! I LOOOOVE the scale, the scale is my friend! :D:carrot::D

See ya later Black Team...what can I say, but eat your fiber! Drink your water! Go exercise!

I get to post a LOSS this week! :woohoo::goodscale:

trooworld 06-13-2008 05:42 PM

mugsy: where's that pic? I want to see your new hair!

theresia: wow, living in Sweden and then going to the Caribean...how nice, I haven't visited either place but would love to. I bet they have very different foods there.

Manick: that banana thing sounds sooooo good. I like Bananas Foster, too, so this would really hit the spot with some oatmeal. Congrats on your loss! :D

reda: I like the new Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal. It's slightly sweet and tastes delicious. You may try that, it would probably be good dry.

Tara: congrats on your loss!!! :carrot:

mugsy: I love the tv show, and I really want to see the movie. One of the drive-ins around here is playing Sex in the City and Iron Man together; I want to see both movies and it is so fun to go to the drive-in!

Well, yesterday was a bust all around. It started off well but went downhill. Today is better, though I don't know if it will stay that way. Hubby wants homemade turkey burgers for dinner. I suppose we will eat it with salad, but there is something about salad with burgers that turns me off. We could make oven-baked fries, but I don't know if I want to do the work, although it really isn't that much work. Hubby says there is something about Friday nights that makes him want to eat something "fun." I guess he means bad. We had scheduled pita pizzas tonight but that isn't fun enough for him, we are having those tomorrow night.

Have a good night everyone!

ChopperChick355 06-13-2008 05:45 PM

Congratulations Manick that is awesome!!!! I better start eating some fiber.....

Is anyone watching the Oprah show today is her and Bob Green challenge and bringing people on that have lost weight over the last year boy do they look good....

Trooworld thanks for the cereal suggestion I will have to get some tomorrow and try it out.

jenjen 06-13-2008 05:54 PM

Happy Friday! I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave the office.

Manick, Congrats on the loss!

gg, I saw Sex & the City last weekend & really liked it. As someone had told me it was sort of predictable, but I still loved it.

Reda, I wish I had the nerve to ride a motorcycle. I dated a guy in college who had a bike & didn't really like it. The whole, "lean into the turn" got to me!

Glitter, Congrats on the bikini. I don't think I'll ever have the body for that. Bet ya looked awesome.

bethbeth, Good luck on the move.

Smurf, you did do a heck of a workout today. I'm impressed!

Tara, Congrats on the loss of weight & inches!

Cegee, hope you were able to get some rest today.

My weight stayed the same this week. I'm really going to have to buckle down these next couple of weeks. I go back to the doctor again at the end of the month & would love to lose another 3-4 pounds by then!

After I get off work I think I'm going to hit Target & maybe Wal-Mart to see if I can find smaller clothes. It's too easy to eat when my clothes are baggy and I'm getting lax. Tomorrow I'm going to the farmers mkt. I'm praying someone has tomatoes!!!

I may do some baking this weekend. Funny, I love to cook, but I don't enjoy what I make. I want to make my dad some pigs in the blanket from scratch for Father's Day, even though he won't get them for a couple of weeks. I'll freeze them until I head to the folks.

Have a great weekend everyone!

ggmugsy 06-13-2008 08:34 PM

Manik - Whoo-hoo!! A loss . . . You'll be in Onederland soon!!

Troo - A pic . . . I was trying to forget that in my exuberance I mentioned a pic. I'll have to work on that! We had a fiasco at my house last night. (More on that below.) I'm with your DH. I want fun food on Friday. We always used to have pizza on Friday and still do a lot of the time.

Last night we realized our dishwasher was leaking water into the basement. :( DH got it fixed but it was a mess. Our basement is finished so if there's a leak upstairs it causes damage downstairs.

DS#1 is working, DH is driving to Port Orchard, WA for the night and then will be visiting a friend of his that is terminally ill. It's very sad but I'm glad he can go visit him. DS#2 is glued to a PS3 game. I'm going to go make him pay attention to ME!! lol.

I haven't worked out in 3 days!! Not having the pressure of an hour a day from the Beach Hopping challenge has taken the wind out of my sails. I've been partying like a college student, too. What's gotten into me? I've had a sinus headache I just can't shake and TOM arrived today. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

jenjen - Buying new clothes is a big boost IMO. Tighter clothes remind you that you aren't as skinny as you sometimes think you are!! :)

Reda - Maybe I'll go watch the late running of Oprah. That sounds inspiring.

Happy weekend everybody!

Cheree 06-14-2008 01:57 AM

Hi all! I'm out of town this week in Denver. Will be back at it next week! So hard to control intake when one is out of town, but I did manage to get to the grocery store and pick up some fruits to have on hand for snacking (grapes, apples, and cherries)...that has helped. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to catch back up next week and to get back into the Black Team groove! :carrot:

taragettingthin 06-14-2008 02:08 AM

So I started reading about Fat Smash diet today...and am very interested in it. I already checked out the forum for the diet but was just wondering if we have any team members who are doing FS...

I went and got a sports bra. I already had one but needed another one badly. So after my DD's doctor appointment today, we went to Target and I actually found one that was on clearance. :) We will see how that holds my girls.

Once I started doing 30-Day Shred, I've kinda started being lazy on TransFirmation series, which is not good. The only time I can really work out is when my DD is sleeping...and after doing 30-Day for about 30 minutes, it's quite difficult to do another 45-55 minutes of workout right away. So I have to figure out my time on how I can get both in as both "ask" to be done daily. I go to sleep at 530 AM or so and wake up around noon and go to pick up my DD from the day care and then work out while she's napping. So I really can't work out when I wake up...and I can't wake up earlier either because I can't go to sleep any earlier than 530 AM...since that's when I get home from work. Sigh.. I really need to sit down and come up with a plan soon because I do not like the fact that I'm working out only 30 minutes although that 30 minute really kicks my butt.

Well, I should go get some sleep. At least it's weekend so I am def going to do more than 30 minutes. =)

Manick 06-14-2008 02:47 AM

Thanks Teamies! Encouragement from my team and the scale...its all good today! I really admire those of you who manage to do this WITH little ones...boy, POWER to you!

Another late night for me and early morning commitment...but I will get a long wog in the afternoon, going for 4.5 miles at least. Keep on keeping on chicks! :carrot:

jenjen 06-14-2008 09:27 AM

Happy Saturday Black Team!

I'm off to the farmers market in just a bit. I'll do a lot of walking around downtown after I shop for fresh produce.

I went shopping yesterday at Target. I ended up buying 2 skirts, a dress, sports bras (that I REALLY need!) a couple of tops & a pair of shorts. Funny thing is I hate skirts/dresses & hardly ever wear them. For some reason, I felt very comfortable in them. Oh, and I was able to buy 18s when all my clothes have been 22s for so long. I was even able to buy a 16/18 top.

When I got home, I retried everything on & I still LOVED them. It's amazing how slimming the tops was, I actually have somewhat of an hourglass figure. Who knew??? Now I need new shoes! Did I mention I normally hate to shop for clothes & shoes????

GG, Sorry to hear about your dishwasher. What a pain!

Cheree, Enjoy your trip. Glad you were able to get some healthy snacks.

Taragettingthin, WOW! I don't know how you do it.

Manick, Thanks for your post on my mini-goal thread. Hope you enjoy your day.

Well, I'm off. I need to get to the mkt before all the good stuff is gone!

Enjoy your weekend. :smug:

ggmugsy 06-14-2008 11:05 AM

Cheree - I love Denver. Great job on the fruit!!

Tara - Sweetie, I'm tired just reading your schedule!! Maybe try this . . . Start one workout, and when they get to the cool-down, switch to the next workout, but skip ahead past the warm-up. At least that way you aren't repeating the same stuff twice. Nothing tones your behind like the FIRM!!

Manick - You are just rockin' & rollin'!!

jenjen - Awesome job on the new clothes!! Dishwasher isn't leaking anymore but I noticed DH put the fan vent in the basement on crooked. MEN! I need to get a step-ladder and see if I can straighten it today. I'm FREAKY weird about things being STRAIGHT!!! lol.

I'm going to start an exercise challenge. I'm thinking about making it available to anyone, not just the black team. Still figuring out the specifics . . . ;)

Between TOM, my sinus headache, DH's friend being terminal, and now Tim Russert dropping dead, I've been a lazy pile of goo. I'm kicking it into gear today!!

sxulcmnky 06-14-2008 11:31 AM

good morning team! sorry i haven't been able to check in much... it's been a hard week...

hope everyone is doing well.. i'm about to go out and about... so i'll come back later and try to check back in with some personals.

have a great day everyone!

trooworld 06-14-2008 01:57 PM

jenjen: I LOVE Target! It's hard to find inexpensive plus sized clothing that has a little style to it, and they do manage to offer stylish clothing in my budget. It sounds like it was a fantastic shopping trip. You make me want to go buy some clothes! :D I love the farmers market. I haven't been to one in a couple of months, though. I like to get the yellow cherry tomatoes and roast them in the oven...they come out so sweet and delicious. The strawberries from the market are out of this world, too.

mugsy: it was such a shame that Tim Russert died...he was such a good interviewer, so fair and inpartial. I will miss him! I hope your headache goes away. I have a headache, too.

Well, yesterday started out good but dinner didn't end up so well. Today should be somewhat better. I did lose 1.4 lbs from the last weigh in, so I'm happy about that. I wish it could have been a better loss but I'll take what I can get.

Have a great day, everyone!

Chris