3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" Black Team Chat #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/143207-just-beachy-black-team-chat-6-a.html)

staja 06-30-2008 11:14 PM

This past weekend was hectic for me, as one of my best friends came up to visit me! We went to the zoo on Friday, which was great, and I got in about 2 hours of walking. This coming week will be crazy with work, the holiday, and my sister's bridal shower, but what can ya do?

Also, my bunny seems to be sick right now - he's not eating or drinking, and not really moving around. He's only 5 and half years old, and I can't get the little guy to the vet until Wednesday :( I'm so worried about him, it's making me feel sick. On top of this all, I started my TOM today.

Right now, I am a mess.

taragettingthin 06-30-2008 11:48 PM

staja Sorry to hear about your bunny. Hope he will feel better soon.

reda I have been wondering the same thing. Well, I'm still here.. =) Also, I got my 30-Day from WalMart website as they didn't have it at the store.

London Congrats on the loss, no matter what!

Purple Thank you for the advice. I did do a DVD I haven't done in awhile and 40 minute went by quite fast. I think it might be because I've been doing one same DVD almost every day for the past 20 days... Good thing I have 3 more dvds (1 of them is actually a set of 4 dvds)... I will be making some changes and see if it helps. :D

Misty that's great that your mom can notice it! it's always nice to feel that someone notices your weight loss. Big time motivation! =)

ceegee I understand exactly what you mean. it makes me smile when I see some NSV but it's not like the first time anymore. You ought to really try the squash... I even freezed it and then thawed it out and zapped it in the microwave oven and still was great. :D

Oolong you will survive and then will look back and just smile! You will lose that 2 lb in no time, no worries!

gg I'm still here. :D I think I'm kinda lucky this summer because I don't really know anyone whose family member is graduating or anything like that.. so no parties or bbq to go to. Works great for my weight loss. :D BUT be strong through the summer and the party, I know you can! =)

Diva it's little bit less than 30 minute work out per day. It's a circuit training. Warm-up. Then 3 circuites of 3 minute strength, 2 minute cardio, and 1 minute ab work. Then Cool Down. Time goes by really fast because you are doing circuits, i think. You need hand weight, though. That's all you need, unless you are working on a hard floor. Then you might want a mat for your back while doing ab workout.

Troo I ended up eating 2 slices of pizza.... so not that well. But I didn't gain weight, so I guess all the workout I've been doing is doing its wonders... The muscle must have burnt the calorie. hehe... :P None of my friends noticed that I have lost weight or anything. But oh well. I still got 59 lbs to go so we will see. :)

Soul Like you said, you didn't gain at least. I know it can be frustrating but you will survive and loss will start coming again. :)

just keep swimming 07-01-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taragettingthin (Post 2249283)
Diva it's little bit less than 30 minute work out per day. It's a circuit training. Warm-up. Then 3 circuites of 3 minute strength, 2 minute cardio, and 1 minute ab work. Then Cool Down. Time goes by really fast because you are doing circuits, i think. You need hand weight, though. That's all you need, unless you are working on a hard floor. Then you might want a mat for your back while doing ab workout.

Or for your knees if you do "girl" pushups like me. I learned that the hard way. Ouch! ;)

ChopperChick355 07-01-2008 08:03 AM

Good Morning :)
everyone has been really scarce around here lately.... :(

Well I just got notification that my 30 day shred has been shipped out today and coming 2 day USPS so I should have by the weekend to start on Monday since I will be gone until then.
Thanks for the info Tara I checked out 2 Wal-Marts yesterday neither one had them never thought about Wal-Mart online but oh well I have it coming.

Staja sorry about your bunny hopefully he/she will be getting better soon.
We got home about 10 pm last night and found we have a stray momma cat and looks like she is about ready to have those babies real soon. She made mad dash for garage and couldn't find her to get her out so we may have new kittens in our garage.
Well heading off to work hope everyone has a great day!!!1

JuliaDH 07-01-2008 08:49 AM

Goo9d Morning Team!

Today is Canada Day and I forgot post WI yesterday due to the family craziness that comes with going away for the weekend! That would be my first missed one....

Glad to see everyone working out! I got the kids to start with me last friday with no school I decided I would take over and do gym class everyday!

I am so proud of all of you who are staying coimmitted to your goals of personal health!

Niether DH or I have been called to jury duty before. Hoping that all this talk of it doesn't "bless" with a notice!

How is this for an NSV - I can now sit in the tub and not have the water plugged behind me my hips are now small enought for the water to drain properly and not have me as the fleshy dam!

5 flats !?!?! I struggled with the two and a bit that I had! Good luck GG! My family love it and well the lack of sugar is a great thing!

theresia 07-01-2008 09:31 AM

Hello everyone!
I just looked at our weigh in thread, looks good,, but I haven't looked on the others teams so you never know who wins :)..

One question to all of you, are there any plans on a new fitness challenge for July and the beginning of August??

Would love to have one those last weeks.. I didn't join the last one because i was in the middle of moving and a lot of stuff happened...

Terri in MO 07-01-2008 09:48 AM

Hi,

I finally made it back to the fitness center last night. I didn't do as much as normal but it was a start back and it felt good. Tonight is garden/yard work and horseback riding. I updated the exercise challenge to finish out June for myself. I had a good month going and then fell apart in the end. Bah! But still got $1,405 for the month.

I do hope that we do a July exercise challenge as well. I need something as a challenge or else I seem to kinda forget. I think that's why going for the badges really helped me get my exercise goals met.

Turns out I came in second for the fitness center's Biggest Loser challenge with total loss of 14 pounds. Yeah! Not that I won anything but I'm thrilled with the loss. I'm geared up mentally to get another few pounds off during the last weeks of this challenge.

:wave: to all!

smurf2110 07-01-2008 10:52 AM

Phew-it has been awhile!

I survived the migrane (Bette I get optical ones when I am stressed-I loose all my periphrial vission and my left eye gets split vission-WEIRD stuff! I too have had all the tests and they have yet to find a reason for them). The family all seems to be healthy. We started to drink Monavie and I can tell a difference. Exercies has been going well this week, except today it is my birthday and dh thought I would want to sleep in so he turned off the alarm-what a guy-except that I wanted to get up and work out. It is too hot now but maybe this evening-oh and I can go swim laps this evening too-yipee!

I have got all caught up on the reading this thread and have to say you all are so smart/informative/friendly/willing to share that it makes me so glad to be part of this team! :heart:

Well I am not sure what the plans are today, and not sure if I will be around much so I hope you all have a GREAT day-Canadians happy holiday!

ggmugsy 07-01-2008 11:09 AM

Hey all! It's GREAT to see so many people posting again!!

For July we could do a challenge kinda based on heat. 'Getting Hot' or 'Melting Away' . . . I don't know. Just throwing out ideas.

ceegee 07-01-2008 11:26 AM

I was wondering if people wanted an OP/exercise thread....

I will start one, but what does everyone want to do?

Do you want to set your own goals? This way you are really competing against yourself, which is essentially your biggest competitor and saboteur, lol. Like x minutes of exercise by the end of July? Or what?
We can also do bonus challenges to, or whatever....let's figure it out as a team! (cuz if it was up to me we'd be racing to a nude beach with hot cabana boys, but I don't think that would fly too well. Maybe last year's black team was sluttier... :) )

ggmugsy 07-01-2008 11:29 AM

I love the idea of having side challenges to earn extra points. That way people who aren't exercising for long periods of time have a way of catching up.

I like the minutes / OP challenge but maybe staying OP should be worth MORE than just 10 points?

Also, what if we do a bonus for consecutive days of exercise and/or if you exercise 3 - 4 times per week you get a 10 point bonus or something. Or 10 points for each day of exercise over 3 days???

???

blueyedlvrgirl 07-01-2008 11:40 AM

Happy Birthday :balloons:SMURF!!!!!!!:balloons:
:bday2::celebrate::hb::bday2you::gift::woo::balloo ns:

ceegee 07-01-2008 11:46 AM

Happy Birthday Smurf!!!!!!

ceegee 07-01-2008 11:55 AM

Okay, so I have a goal in my head, but I thought if I posted it I would be more shamed into doing it, lol.

Next week, I am going to a John Mayer concert. I can't wait to buy fun concert clothes! Not only am I going to the concert, but I get to meet him backstage before hand.....WOOT!!!!!! DH is going too so I will be controlled by my handler, lol!!

I am pretty good with concrete deadlines, so that morning I want to wake up and have the scale be in the 139's. I think it is doable, IF I start exercising.

Also, I am going to see my sis and she hasn't seen me since I've lost any weight. I am excited to show her my success, but want to feel "fresh off the treadmill skinny" that I only get from exercising....know what I mean??

ggmugsy 07-01-2008 12:01 PM

Happy Birthday Smurf!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Awesome goal Ceegee!!

just keep swimming 07-01-2008 02:07 PM

Happy birthday, Smurf! Hope it's a great one!

Ceegee, I saw John Mayer in concert in 2003. It was awesome. Didn't get to meet him, though. That's pretty cool!

theresia 07-01-2008 02:24 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

I also like the minutes / OP challenge,, I love when there are bonus challenges or anything that can get you some extra points :).. Racing to a beach wouldn't be to bad that neither.. (just maybe not a nude one for me :)) .. Any challenge will be good for me..

LondonJulz 07-01-2008 02:44 PM

Okay, before I forget. Some of you are asking how many of us there are left in the challenge. We started with 62 and now we have 36 left. It's not too terribly bad. Still a strong number.

Speaking of strong numbers, today is Tuesday right? It is results day right? Or have I just completely lost it?! Nevertheless our results are posted for the Black Team and you ladies did INCREDIBLE!!!!! Go check it out if you haven't already!!! So stinkin proud!!!!!

AND, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMURF!!!!!!

SoulBliss 07-01-2008 02:48 PM

Happy Birthday, SMURF!!!

I slept all of 2 hours last night. :( I am going to try and rest today, not going to work or school until tonight. I can't usually sleep in the day, but I will try. Oh! My poor tired body and mind.

angeline 07-01-2008 03:07 PM

staja - congrats for being our biggest loser!!

we posted some incredible numbers this past week - wow!!

i'm still part of Black Team - yeah! :carrot:

june was filled with travel (11 days) and challenges. july will have less travel so my goal is to buckle down on food and workouts.

i'm still rolling along with P90X. i started week 3 today.

i lowered my calorie range to 1450-1500. must stay focused and plan, plan, plan healthy food choices. while i always record my food at the daily plate, i usually record what i ate AFTER i ate it. i want to start thinking a little further ahead and sketching in the day more specifically.

i usually know what dinner is going to be and breakfast is one of a couple of regular choices. lunch and snacks would be where i most wing it. want to come up with some easy healthy choices and stick to 'em. right now my lunch choices are: south beach pizza (love 'em/love pizza), morningstar burger on lite english muffin with lite cheddar cheese, open faced english muffin with turkey and lite cheese. very infrequently i'll have healthy tuna salad on wasa crackers - i'd probably choose this more regularly if i'd make a batch of the tuna salad in advance.

here's to a good month.

ceegee 07-01-2008 03:16 PM

Julz - can you delete the weigh in post for those who are out, or at least move them to the end of the list?

theresia 07-01-2008 04:52 PM

Congrats Staja!!!!

LondonJulz 07-01-2008 07:34 PM

ceegee - do you mean the weigh in posts for people who are no longer in the challenge? I try to keep up with that and delete them as I go, did I miss one (if so PM me). I can't move them to the end, but I can certainly delete them.

staja 07-01-2008 07:49 PM

Thanks guys!

*pulls out prepared speech* I would like to thank my mom, for always standing by me; my dad, who's watching over me; and... *hides speech after seeing everyone fall asleep*

Seriously, though - being part of a challenge like this really motivates me to work really hard. I feel like I'm letting you down, when it's been a small loss or even a gain. So, I do want to thank you all for motivating me to do my best and stay on track :)

ceegee 07-01-2008 08:37 PM

julz - I am so dumb....I didn't even look past my post...(grins sheepishly)

staja - congrats!

bethbeth 07-01-2008 09:13 PM

Congratulations on such great numbers for the week guys!
I used my first freebie this week, as I'm up a couple pounds. I'll try to get them off by next week.
Keep up the good work ladies!

taragettingthin 07-01-2008 11:24 PM

staja, first of all, congratualtions! I hear ya about the challenge being motivation. I would've been back to my start weight if it weren't these challenges. :)

smurf, happy birth day! =)

angeline, good luck with your new cal goal. When I did count calories or did WW writing down what I ate, I had better luck planning out for the whole day so that I could stay focused, not binge or anything.

Soul, hope you can get some good rest.

ceegee, you can do 3 lbs by next week! Go GIRL!!!

Speaking of 30-Day Shred... I did my level 3 today and it was difficult but not as hard as when I started Level 2. :D

When I went to drop off my DD at her grandmother's house before coming to work, the grandma was doing elliptical. She looked as if she's been on it for at least 20 minutes and I asked her. She said she was on it for 2 minutes. Then I told her that there is a great workout DVD. (I think I mentioned something about her before... She wants to lose weight with no effort. She bought that 7 Secret or something like that and I told her that it doesn't work. Then she told me -she was being dead serious- she wants to lose weight fast and easy. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! Anyways...) I told her there's a great workout DVD..and I told her about 30-Day Shred by Jillian. What she said kinda ticked me off for some reason... She said "Oh yeah? Then let me know if you get to the size 10 in 30 days." And she wasn't joking or anything like that. And after that 2 minute of "working out" she stopped and said that's it for the day. She lost weight with low-carb diet before, she's now on some kind of pill that helps her with her appetite due to her medical reason. She said she's going back to low-carb because she gained 15 pounds after hysterectomy and she didn't do anything to cause that and it's all hormone. She has always been overweight since I've known her...even in all the pics of her since her kids were born. Maybe she's true about the hormone but then again, she eats out about 3 times a week and most weeks, she eats fast food about 2 times a week if not more. And she doesn't work out. Their veggie for the day is considered a small bag of frozen veggies for the whole family of 4. When she lost the weight last time, she went back to her old life style...but she says it's nothing she did that caused her to gain the weight. I am not sure how much she weighs but she's a very heavy apple type...
I don't know if she has noticed that I've been losing weight or not; at least she hasn't said anything about it. Since I am losing weight, I was trying to help her with workout dvd but the comment she made kinda pissed me off for some reason. People work so hard to lose weight and it sure is not easy. And she makes a comment like that. GRRR... Am I overreacting?

Well, on the way to work, I told myself that I'm not giving her any advice whatsoever about weightloss, and when I'm down to my goal weight, or size 10, like she put, and she asks how I did it... I will just say diligence, healthy eating, working out every day and just be on my happy way. HAHAHA. :P

(yeah.. i just needed to vent, i think... :P Thanks for reading... :))

ChopperChick355 07-02-2008 12:07 AM

Happy Birthday Smurf!!! Enjoy

Staja Congratulations :) Oh yeah nice speech!

Well I will probably not be checking in at all this weekend as we are leaving tomorrow to go camping and there is no internet service so I will check back in Monday morning.

Soul hopefully you got some well needed rest today?

Ceegee have a great time next week and you can lose the weight no problem just throw in a little more exercise and you will be there no problem.

Had my WI tonight and lost 1.8 pounds which surprised me as I was just hoping for maintaining since I have not exercise in the last week but 1 day. I will take it because that means 7 more pounds to go to reach my first goal for vacation... :)

I do just want to say GREAT JOB EVERYONE we did an awesome job this past week and whether we win or not we are ALL WINNERS!!!!
Have a great night

glitterlicious 07-02-2008 12:08 AM

Yay I'm at 200 now :)

Bette k 07-02-2008 12:37 AM

Hi Black Team,
So far it's been a busy week, I'm helping with Vacation Bible School and somehow got put in charge of music. I'm the person whose kids asked me not to sing them lullabies because it hurt their ears. But I'm having lots of fun coming up with dance moves for the songs and keeping all the kids singing and moving, and working up a good sweat doing it.
Next week is going to be one of the hardest weeks of my life, my son is leaving for the Army. He is my oldest and what's going to be the hardest is knowing that he won't be back as a boy anymore. When he does come back he will be a man and just passing through. I'm going to miss my boy, and running around to school events and even the sitting up at night wondering when he's going to get home. But I guess I can't keep him a boy forever, it's time for him to grow up.

Enough sad stuff, i still have him till Monday.

Staja, Congrats on being the biggest loser. You Rock

Glitter-200, that is so great, I'm so happy for you!!

Tara-When she does notice your weight loss and says somthing about it, Just tell her the weight loss fairy came and took it all away for you, but the weight loss fairy only comes when you are running really fast for several miles every day.

I hope everyone has a great week

taragettingthin 07-02-2008 12:40 AM

ROFL to the weight loss fairy! I LOVE THAT ONE Bette! :rofl:

ggmugsy 07-02-2008 10:26 AM

Staja - CONGRATULATIONS!! WOW!!

Bettek - :hug: It sucks, doesn't it?? They grow up SO FAST!! One of our boys chose the Army and it was the perfect choice for him. He thrived in that environment. He's in Iraq now. I'll be thinking of you this week!!

Glitter - Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment!

Tara - You'll be able to sit back and laugh at her soon enough!! I tell you, whenever I hear that stupid diet pill commercial, "Eat all you want and still lose weight" over and over again, I turn the channel. I HATE that stupid commercial.

Truthfully, all of that "change your body in 6 weeks" crap just makes me angry. I think the diet pill industry is a huge part of the obesity problem in America. *Climbing down from soap box . . . "

Reda - Have fun on your vacation! I meant to comment about your son's race last weekend! How exciting! Congratulations on your loss as well!!!

Angeline - Great to see you again! Your post made me want to pick up a S. Beach pizza. :) Sounds like you have some very healthy meals planned.

Theresia - How are you doing??

Jessica - HELLO!!! :)

Troo & Manick & other foodies - We made some fun potatoes last night. Hasselback potatoes. I'll post a link in our food thread!!

I'm super busy. Kids need summer clothes, I need a dress for a wedding tomorrow (not holding my breath), need to go grocery shopping and then fix couscous salad for wedding & potato salad & ice cream for the 4th. DH is complaining he has no clean clothes . . . how does that happen? Where can I get a clean clothes fairy??

lol!!

theresia 07-02-2008 10:51 AM

Hello Team!We really did awesome this past week.. Let's repeat that!!
glitterlicious
- Congrats on making it to the 200's!!
ggmugsy - Thanks, I'm doing great right now :)..
A nice day today, The sun is shining.. I've been out and cleaning the garden for 1 hour, love it, so relaxing..
Starting to get my workout on plan again.. Did 30DayShred Level 2 and WATP 4 mile yesterday.. Felt great! If I'm not to tired I'll do it again this evening.. Level 2 is really killing me.. I can't keep up all the time during the cardio.. In Level 1 it was almost to easy..
My weigh in is tomorrow.. If I don't gain from today I'll get a 2 pound loss this week again!

StacyLynn225 07-02-2008 11:04 AM

Just stopping by to tell all of you Congrats on your awesome week!! Thats amazing!
I can't believe no one on your team had a gain. Keep up the good work!

Stacy - Red Team!

theresia 07-02-2008 11:16 AM

Thanks Stacy!!

trooworld 07-02-2008 11:26 AM

Oolong: good luck on your finals, that sounds rough.

Misty: my hubby has a giftcard for Pei Wei, but we've not gone yet. Do they have any healthy options? What did you get? It sounds like you had a fun time. CONGRATS on such a great semester in your class! You sound like you are really smart.

Purple: The thing that makes me want to avoid it is that you actually have to GO to the courthouse and sit around and wait all day long to see if they need you. You can't just call in. And there is no free or cheap parking downtown by the courthouse, which means that I will have to take the bus and I hate the bus. The biggest reason, though, is the sitting around all day. Even though I will bring my books and iPod, it will still be really really boring. I'm going to surrender myself today and hope that they will let me come in on Monday instead of tomorrow. Good luck with your call!

staja: I hope your bunny feels better soon. And congrats on being the biggest loser!!!!

tara: 2 slices isn't too bad, when I fall off the wagon and eat pizza, one serving is 4 slices! :o That grandmother is living in lala land. If it were so easy, there would be no overweight people.

reda: kittens....how fun! Do you live in the country?

Terri: congrats on your success in your fitness center challenge!

smurf: Happy belated birthday!

Soul: Sorry to hear you haven't slept much. Sleep is so important. I hope you can get rested up today.

Bette: it sounds like a busy week alright. Good luck to your son, it must be hard to let him leave.

mugsy: I love potatoes, I will have to check out your recipe. BTW, I made that roasted tomato soup and it was really good! I made it with fat free half and half instead of heavy cream. If you find the clean clothes fairy, can you send him/her my way? It's laundry day and I'm just not feeling it.

Hello everyone else! :wave: Mugsy and I were talking about how much better we feel when we put makeup on and we thought maybe we could make a glamour challenge. So, we invite you to join: what it is is that everyday, you do something to your appearance to make yourself feel better. Whether that be applying mascara and lipstick, doing your hair or even just wearing something besides frumpy sweats (trooworld, do you hear yourself talking???). Do I have that right, mugsy? So what do you all think? Want to join?

blueyedlvrgirl 07-02-2008 12:00 PM

Hey everyone!

So far so good. TOM is still keeping the scale still, but I am thinking that Friday things will even out. I am on track for going to the gym 4 days in a row...I love being out of school!!!

Troo--Yes, they do have healthy food. I had the Vietnamese Salad Wraps, they are 159 calories for all 3. They have lettuce, peanuts, chicken, rice noodles and some other stuff. If I am really hungry, I sometimes get those and share them and then get a kid's meal with brown rice. I LOVE that they have steamed brown rice!! They have teriyaki chicken (440 with brown rice)and honey seared chicken (490 with brown rice) for the kid's meal choices. They also have great salads! I love that place! The nutritional info is here: http://www.peiwei.com/pdfs/nutritional.pdf

The glamour challenge sounds good.

I have a lot to do at work, so I better go!

Hi to everyone! Congrats Staja!

just keep swimming 07-02-2008 02:02 PM

Yay, black team! We won!

A glamour challenge, huh? That works for me, considering I start work next week, and I suppose I need to look presentable... ;)

theresia 07-02-2008 02:09 PM

We won!!! Congrats to all of us!!!

Glamour, that's so much not me.. Almost never wear make up.. Never fix my hair besides a ponytail.. I want to, but I just never take time to do it.. Maybe I shall start to add something extra in my daily routins..

trooworld 07-02-2008 02:10 PM

Misty, thanks for the link and info, I will check it out before we go. I think we are going Saturday for lunch. I love brown rice. And those wraps sound yummy.

We won? YAY!!!