Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

YEAH!!! What she ^^ said!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

VERY WELL SAID!!

I will try to pop in after lunch for some personals, but wanted to add my ditto to the above!!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

mugsy, it is so sad, and they have a field trip to a local farm tomorrow. The teacher asked me today if I could drive another child with me if they can't all fit in the school van and I agreed...but then I realized if I drove that little girl, I would be so scared because if we had an accident, her poor daddy has been through enough. I know, I should shut up, depressing myself is bad enough not going to drag you all into my paranoid mind.

Glitter, glad you have healthy stuff at home to choose from. You are doing so well with the running, keep it up.

Manick, Big high five on the loss. I am glad to hear others wanting to actually win as well. That is a big drive for me now...LET"S WIN!

Troo, what has helped me in times of high stress is to stop thinking "things went to ****." Things don't just go that way, we make choices that push them that way. I am working on changing my thought patterns so I hold myself accountable more, and sounds like it might help you as well. Your normal routine is obviously out for now, but focus on making the absolute best choices you possibly can, and you will see that it's not impossible, it's just difficult. there are a million little choices in every single day that we don't even realize we are making out of habit, without even thinking. You'll get through this and fall into routine again, but moving is SO hard, i feel for ya.

Smurf, we can do it, girl. Let's rock this week. That is a fantastic loss...it is so much sweeter when have to really dig deep to get it. and I have never thought of cottage cheese and salsa, doesn't sound good to me, is it really? Might have to try that, since I like both items.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #94  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey, it looks like we have a new team trainer! We need someone to kick our butts in gear!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #95  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hello ladies (and gents(???))!!!

I just wanted to stop in for a moment and say I support you all. Feel free to PM me if you need a kick in the butt or a hug (cyber/typed).
Old 05-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #96  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Love it ggmugsy! She is right team! Lets play with some stragegy! Is a friendly competition. But still it is a competition! So lets get into the game!

I got my new Leslie walking video today. So that is what I am doing tonight. Good thing cause I wimped out on walking the kids to school tooooo cold! I almost got the winter jackets out!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

OH PURPLE!! It is so YUMMY if you have an avocado chop up some of that and throw it in as well. This mix started when I was pregnant with my 2nd and I loved it so much that 5 years later I am still eating it.

Another mix that most people thinks sounds so GROSS is cottage cheese on a baked potato-no butter or sour cream needed. CC and a a pinch of salt and pepper=yummy! I also use CC instead of a salad dressing. Yeah I go through lots of CC in a month, but I LOVE it!

JuliaHood-good luck with Leslie. I too chickened out on walking dd to school it was COLD and windy! I missed my walk all together this morning, but will be planting a tree in a few hours with my little scout group and the lawn needs to be mowed and watered (no sprinkler system-this can add up to a pretty decent workout) I also missed my pilates workout this morning. SIL that I love dearly and I chatted in IM for most of the morning and I needed to talk to her more than I needed to work out at that moment...BUT I am terrible at commiting myself to pm indoor workouts so I need you all to keep me accountable and make sure I get it DONE tonight.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #98  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Allright Smurf you chatty teamie, you...I'm going to do mine now, here I go, down into treadmill and weights land...so when I come back tonight you better have done the deed!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

WHEW!! I was kinda freaking out . . . afraid ya'all would be throwing rotten veggies my way!!

My mom has a saying . . . "If you point your boat in that direction, that's exactly where you're headed."

She's right. If you point your boat down a path of overeating you will remain overweight. BUT . . . at any moment, of any day, you can change which direction your boat is headed. Forget the previous course and change direction.

This very moment could be your new beginning!!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hi!, It's so true what you're all saying here,, I'm not the person that talks the most here , Anyway I've been sick the last week, feeling better now, So this is a new beginning!
I'll try to write more often here, I'm not feeling very comfortable writing in english, but I'll try
I usually weigh in on sundays, but I changed it to do it later this week because of my sickness.. So tomorrow and on friday I am healty and free from work .. So I will :tre ad: a lot to get a good weigh in on saturday.. From now on I will do my weigh in on saturdays.. fits my week a lot better with being able to do last chance trainings on fridays.. I'm often working on saturdays..
Let's win this next weigh in black team!!

Last edited by theresia; 05-21-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #101  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Smile Off track a couple days....

Hi Team Members!

I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing. Last week, I managed to have a 3 lb loss! So far this week, I've managed to gain back .5 lb since Mon. I pray that's just water weight since I haven't been drinking nearly enough water this week. I have to drink a ton of water in order not to retain. Anyway, I have NO intention on reporting a gain for our next weigh-in.

Without a doubt, I will be working out like a mad woman the rest of the week. I won't let you guys down!

Well...it's time for me get some errands done. And then I'll be off to the gym!

Let's kick some butt BLACK TEAM!!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

okay, I am fired up and ready to go I've done 45 min. today so far, but the bulk of my exercise is done in the evening when kids go to bed, so will update on that later. Headed out soon to my daughter's gymnastics class...they want her to do a back handspring on her own tonight I am scared she's going to bust her nose up, like we watched a middle school cheerleader do a month ago, trying to get it for high school try outs. My daughter can actually do it, but when the teacher or me backs off she gets nervous and changes her jump, top of her head hits the mat, so I am really scared...he has never stood all the way back and just told her to do it before, but he said Monday night he really thinks she is ready. he is very experienced, works with all the middle to high school squads and cheers with/works now with college squads, so I trust him, but I will freak out if she comes out with a bloody nose

Right after that I will be ready to put them to bed and blow off some steam working out
Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Black Team!

Sorry, I'm just not good at keeping up with the threads.

I've had a rocky week since last weigh-in. I've eaten more than I normally do & haven't been great about exercising, but I know I'll at worst just maintain this week. I just didn't plan well over the weekend! I might change my weigh-in day to Friday or Saturday just to give myself an extra couple of days depending what the scale says in the morning.

I plan to start swimming this weekend, so I'm hoping that helps burn more calories!

Thanks for making me refocus!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

purple - your post about the mother of the little girl at your sons preschool made me tear up. Whenever I'm getting frustrated with my kids, it's so easy to yell or get so angry at them - and then something like that happens and it makes me feel so horrible. I am so lucky to have 2 beautiful healthy kids, and you're right - that girls mom would give anything to be with her daughter, temper tantrums and all. Thanks for posting that. I needed it.

GG - RIGHT ON!!!!! You kind of reminded me of Jillian a little...lol
Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #105  
Determined to succeed!

S/C/G: 204.4/181/140

Height: 5ft 6in

You all have really got me pumped up for success!

I've been walking briskly almost every day for close to a week. This is great for me after being sick for so long. It feels soooooo good to exercise!!!

Big contratulations to K'smom for her wonderful weight loss!!! We are all so very proud of you!

Purple, the story you shared about your child's schoolmate's loss of her mom really broke my heart! You are so right about how important it is to see our glasses as half full rather than half empty! Life is way to short!

ggmugsy, thanks for the information and the kick in the pants! You are awesome!

How about some possible good news for us? I had a 1 lb weight loss last week but couldn't understand why. I weighed on Monday. On Tuesday I had lost 2.1 lbs!!! I think the possible culprits were a combination of the things ggmugsy mentioned. Anyway, the good news is that I hope I will be able to post a really decent weight loss next week!

What keeps me on plan I'd have to say journaling my foods and planning at the beginning of the day, or the night before, what I will be eating. Also, I have to say that this web site and this challenge have been excellent motivators! Much more that I thought it would!

What snacks keep me on plan I always return to a small bagel with low fat strawberry cream cheese on it along with 1/2 cup of 1% milk. If I toast the bagel so it's really crunchy then that's all the better. Grapes come to mind as well, and there is always the occasional Fiber One bar to fall back on.

I am returning to my crazy work schedule (7 on, 7 off night shifts) which makes it a little hard for me to get online as much as I want to, but I promise with all my heart that I will try to pop in daily at least!

Ann