3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   TBL "Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/140928-tbl-just-beachy-black-team-chat.html)

Switzie6 04-29-2008 08:19 AM

Kim, I hate when my boyfriend does that! Of all the stuff in the house to eat he has to eat what I already have planned out for the next day.

ChopperChick355 04-29-2008 09:05 AM

Good Morning everyone!!! Wow the thread is moving fast and tons going on. Thought I would do the questions/answer thing real quick

Accent: Midwest but alittle southern draw comes out when excited or mad
Best Friend: DH of 20 years
Chore I hate: I really just hate cleaning but it is a daily thing in my house:mad:
Dad's name: Rodney
Essential make-up product: Mascara because I have very fine eyelashes
Favorite perfume: Don't really wear it but love Moonlight Path Body Spray
Gold or silver? Both depending on what I am wearing and my mood
Hometown: Vermillion, SD
Job title: Supervisor of 9 Convience Stores
Kids: 2 young men 17 & 18
Living arrangements: WHole family living in our house
Mom's birthplace: Ft Pierre, SD
Number of apples eaten in the last week: 0
Overnight hospital stays: Just when I had the boys
Phobia: No phobias that I know of
Siblings: 1 older brother and 2 younger sisters
X-tra info? I love riding my motorcycle and enjoying open road
Yummy food I make: Lasagne
Zodiac sign: Aquarius

lois lane 04-29-2008 09:07 AM

Hey everyone,

I have to say when I signed on yesterday, I was OVERWHELMED by all the pages I was behind. I ve tried to read through, but it wasnt easy!

Just some quick basics, I'm 32, married with a DD and a DS. I've gained back all the weight I lost last year. I hope during this challenge to lose 20 lbs. I am now working out about 5-9miles a week and I want to bump that up to at least 20 miles. I'm finding it difficult becasue I keep getting ahurt back, leg,etc. I've started counting calories, still trying to tweak that out.

Nice meeting you all, looking forward to our challenges.
Alicia

RealCdn 04-29-2008 09:22 AM

Good morning all,

I lingered in bed about 20 mins this morning, but boy did it feel good. In the grand scheme of things it won't make a big difference, but tomorrow I will be up with the alarm. I'm not naturally a morning person, and trying to get myself into a routine.

Bette k - I don't regret not going back to the job. The only thing I miss is the money (it was good). The education I'm going back for (Mechanical Engineering) will bring me back into the same range that I was in, possibly better as I could compete for higher paying stuff around here. Although in the end I'm more likely to look for something locally. I'd have to go closer into Toronto to get higher pay. Oh well, not really a problem for the next three years. Although it is a co-op program (you do work terms), but I will be looking for work next summer.

Tonia/lauralee21 -
I find with fast moving threads the best thing is to pick and choose a few things to reply to if you can. If you can't, just update us on how you're doing. We all have different levels of free time so use yours wisely.

Terri - :wave: So if you're a fan of LA Ink, is that going to be a reward somewhere down the line?

Manick -
I put spinach on my refused veggie. I really do enjoy most vegetables, and am actually okay with it raw. When it's cooked though I just can't get into it. Although I'm interested in the challege, I'll admit that we're a bulk veggie purchaser from Costco at the moment. So I could easily share recipes I'm pretty much eating the same veggies for a week at a time. :)

trooworld - I usually do 20 or 30 min stretches on the treadmill. If I do 20 mins I try and do a little jogging. It's funny, but the afternoon lifting is (at the moment) 15 mins warm up on the treadmill, 30 mins lifting, 15 mins on the treadmill. It's hard enough that I'm never bored though. I'm using "New Rules of Lifting for Women". It's sold as more of a general fitness book (ie. not specifically a weight loss book). Although for me, it's still helping with my weight loss. I suspect it's really sold for women with 20lbs to lose who want to reshape their body fat percentage (ie. lower fat/higher muscle). For me though it gives me a set of routines to follow, which was the important part. Even though I'm still seeing weight loss, I definitely feel I'm getting some strength gains as well. I noticed it most yesterday when lifting in the tank for the barbecue. This is usually a tough task and I put it down at least once on the way from the car. Yesterday I picked it up (about waist high) and walked it easily around to the barbecue.

happy2bme - I don't plan for the week (mainly because I have a freezer full of divided meat and/or cooked meals that I've done ahead of time), however, I never go to bed without planning the next day's meals and snacks. I'm not saying they never change, but it is rare. Sometimes it's just little things, like this morning I switched the type of bread at breakfast. I had two in the freezer and I changed my mind, knowing that they're roughly the same calorie count anyway. The funniest thing about the weights is that I quickly outgrew the ones I had. I bought a cheap ($50) barbell set that went to 75lbs, and although I'm not out of it yet, I will be next week. That was easy to overcome with a couple of 25-lb plates. The dumbbells I had went to 20-lbs and I've recently bought a set of PowerBlocks (up to 50-lbs each) although they are expandable if I ever need it. (not that I really expect to need it, but it's nice to know that I can)

dream710 -
I see myself more as a cautionary tale, but thanks :)

KimL1214 - bad BF, really. Not sure if it will help, but have you thought of adding a sticker to your container. Originally I was thinkging of simply your name, but maybe a skull and crossbones....

Alicia - hello and welcome. I suspect the first little while will be the hardest on the threads, but just do the best you can.

Well people, I'm off to do a little housework (maybe) and then some exercise (definitely). See you all later.

KimL1214 04-29-2008 09:26 AM

RealCdn~ Love the skull and crossbones idea, although he would probably think it was funny and eat it anyways just to see what I would do. I plan on having a little chat with him as he is the first to criticize me when I eat bad food... and he was almost the cause of lunch failure for me today...

Purplefirefly 04-29-2008 09:48 AM

I want in the veggie challenge! I eat the same basic veggies all the time so would love to try some new things....will need recipes and ideas for cooking them though, I'm not a great cook without recipes!

I have managed 2 days OP out of 105...that seems like a big number ahead of me, but I feel confident I can make it. The sugar detox has been really hard, but cravings let up some last night so I'm hopeful today will be easier. Surely by the end of 105 days without it, I can break that addiction cycle, hopefully.

I have read and caught up with you all, but don't have time for personals right now. To those overwhelmed by the amount of posts, I say just start with the current page and comment what is there, keep up with the basic gist of what is happening, and don't feel pressured to read every single post. We won't all have time for that all the time, so no pressure :grouphug:

I'm sorry I don't remember now who lost 1.8 lb. for our first week...but a big :congrat: you did great. My first WI is tomorrow.

LondonJulz 04-29-2008 09:56 AM

Good morning ladies!!!

I am on the last leg of my trip from being away from home. I'm leaving here (Branson, MO...at my parents house) to go back home (Tulsa, OK) this afternoon. I'll be back to my own computer! :woohoo: I feel like a bum for being "distant" for the first few days of the competition... nevertheless, I'm here and once I'm home it'll be much better!

I hope you girls are having a terrific day, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!!!! :grouphug:

angeline 04-29-2008 09:57 AM

:dizzy: oh my gosh...there is no way i'll be able to keep up with all the posts.

:yikes:

i did want to say hi to everyone and wish luck on us!! Go Black! :grouphug:

ChopperChick355 04-29-2008 10:23 AM

WOW LodonJulz on your team last time and never did catch that your parents live in Branson MO. I knew you were visiting them but never caught that till now. My father lives in Branson as well we only make it there everyother year now that everyone (meaning the boys) is wanting to do their own things. He does make it back here on the opposite years. Everytime we make it there are alot of changes and growing and growing....
See learn new things everyday :)

smurf2110 04-29-2008 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=happy2bme;2174522]

Love your banner smurf2110

QUOTE]

Thank you!

I am in for the try a new veggie. Not only will it be a challenge to find veggies I haven't tried, but it will also be a challenge to come up with new ways to hide the veggies from my kids so they eat them without knowing it ;)

I weigh in on Wednesday's Xing my fingers for a good weigh in tomorrow-it was a busy weekend!

ceegee 04-29-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream710 (Post 2174723)
Ceegee-Here I figured you and John woulda used up all those extra calories ;)

lolololol!

trooworld 04-29-2008 11:14 AM

Well, today is going to be a little cooler here in Southern Cali: high of 75F in my neck of the woods. It's too early for it to be as hot as it was yesterday. I have been putting off working out by drinking my coffee and reading posts. I guess I'm kind of afraid: I am lifting weights today for the first time in about 3 years, and this is the first time I will be lifting at home. It's a bit intimidating for me. I'm all prepared though, I've got my equipment ready to go and exercises planned out. If I have some time later, I will jump on the bike for some cardio too. My meals are all planned out, too. Today is vegetarian day, so we are having "Coconut Curry Tofu" over brown rice. That should be good and healthy (if I use lowfat coconut milk!). It's just a lot of chopping of veggies.

KimL: I would be so mad if my SO ate my lunch! Something similar happened to me recently, though, when we made something really good on the grill and there was only one serving left...I told my hubby he could take it for lunch if he wanted, but he said he wasn't going to, so I had it all planned out in my head I would eat it for lunch. Well, guess what? He did take it and I was left to scramble. Luckily I found something pretty healthy. It sounds like you had a perfect solution...who doesn't like those lean cuisine pizzas? Low-cal pasta and salsa and chips does sound really really good though. :)

RealdCdn: Sometimes we need to linger in bed, it makes me enjoy the morning more if I can take my time getting up. Alarms are so jolting! I used to not be a morning person, but anymore the dog wakes me up about 6:40am and after he does that, I can't go back to sleep. I put that book on my wishlist on Amazon, it sounds like something I would like to check out. And I love the body of the girl on the cover, I would love to look like that! It sounds like you had a great NSV yesterday with the BBQ tank...yay! Any sort of lifting of things like that, or the 5 gallon water bottle, I make my hubby do. Maybe after I get some muscles, I will be up for it.

To all: have a wonderful day, good luck in your weightloss efforts today, and I will probably pop in every once in a while to try to keep up with all these posts.

lauralee21 04-29-2008 11:15 AM

I am kinda lucky in that anything healthy my hubby wants no part of, lol. Now if I buy ice cream (I will only eat ONE flavor of ice cream) I am sure he would eat it, lol.

I would love to do eggplant as the first veggy in our challenge!! I was watching a "good eats" on eggplant, and it looked so good.

lauralee21 04-29-2008 11:15 AM

Does anyone else workout at night? I end up at the gym after my husband gets home to watch the kid.

ceegee 04-29-2008 11:28 AM

Morning Black Team!!!

Don't worry about keeping up everybody.....just pop in when you can and post!!

EXERCISE CHALLENGE/ OP challenge - Who's in? I will make a thread for it. Be warned - GGmugsy, dream710, and caitbeans are fierce competitors!!!! (And we won't be running for sexy men on the beach just yet- we will save that for last!)

Let's do it May 1-31. We can change up the rules and add bonus points as we go along. For now, let's keep it simple: you get $1 for every minute you exercise, and you get $10 for staying OP (on plan) for the day. You can then "buy" presents for yourself as a reward.
Please note this is NOT real money, lol!