Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #556  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

How exciting Melissa...I love watching my kids in plays and stuff like that. I hope everything goes well Have fun~

Cristina- I hope your back feels better...that is the pits Maybe some easy stretching would help it?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #557  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default Doughnut Results

The frying process reduced the oil used by 8 ounces, which distributed among our 27 doughnuts, gave each doughnut an addition 8.5 grams of fat, increasing the fat calories by 76.

For my calorie count, I simply used Krispy Kreme's estimates....yes, I did partake. Nothing but veggies for me the rest of the day.

On a taste note, these were soooo much better than commercial doughnuts. We barely glazed them, and they were fabulous.

I forgot to read Homer Price to the kid while the goodies were cooking, but that is OK....they were outside digging a great big hole.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #558  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Tina - I think I'm bummed cause I got back into the 200's after I was close to the 180s for awhile.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #559  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

By the way..... Chasing Cars is on the radio again. I just read the posts a minute ago that you gals knew the song and I was thinking "man I'd like to hear it again"

BINGO! on the radio it comes...

I did the same thing last night. I was cleaning the bathroom singing a maroon 5 song and daniel was in the living room watching tv. He changed the channel to MTV and they were playing the song I was singing!

I'm psychic I swear!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #560  
FoodieMama

S/C/G: 325/160/165

Height: 5'9"

Cristina, I am so with you on the injury thing. My knee is up and down (or ..back and forth...lol!) Anyway, some days it feels better and then others, like today, it isn't so great. The not exercising part really bugs me, since I was getting all gung-ho into it right before I fell. That in and of itself is a NSV, ladies! That I am actually upset that I CAN"T exercise! I am going to do some upper body weights tomorrow, to at least feel like I am doing something.

Marianne, I looove Lush bath bombs! My fave bath stuff. I have one more left that I got for my anniversary from my hubby..maybe I'll use it this weekend! Thanks for reminding me I had it!

Last edited by onmywayhalfofmein08; 01-11-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #561  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL, Chell I dont like that song, but only because I swear to you its on the radio every single time I get in the car and has been for the past 4 months at least. Why do they overplay stuff so much? Now Maroon 5 on the other hand I could hear time and time again! I love the latest one, wakeup call. The video is bizarre though.

the song I have stuck in my head all the time is Low by Flo Rida(I think thats how you spell it) makes me wanna dance everytime I hear it so its my ringtone, I actually love to hear my phone ring! LOL!

Okay enough mindless rambling. Can ya tell I'm nervous!?

~melissa
Old 01-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #562  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Hey Ladies, thanks for such a warm welcome.

ShyMoment- I look foward to the time when exercise is a habit. It was funny but not funny. I got up this am and was going to go to the gym then decided why go I can't find my heart rate monitor. Then I told myself I was going anyway. So I get all ready to go get in the car and the battery was dead!

LondonJulz- Wow, your weight loss pixs are amazing. Congratuations on your trainer. Our stats are pretty close. I do the flex plan. Do you?

Tara- Great Job on your 3# loss. Sorry your knee is giving you fits.

Cristina & Rhonda- I hope your injuries are getting better.

Tina30- Great job on your workouts. Yay, that you got a good quality talk in with your dad.

Hun.e.B- Congratuations on your first WW meeting. I got a great leader so I am really enjoying it. I can't believe it took me so long to commit to trying it out.

Belly- Sorry for your loss! Last year we lost our dog and her 7 puppies. It was her first litter and they were all boys. Now that's odd.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #563  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hey everyone,
Selina--As usual thanx for the positive thoughts. Please keep posting them. I'm thinking of copying them into a word document and using them in an inspiration type book. You know something you can look at when you are feeling a bit down.

Melissa--Did I miss a page or 2? When did you make the decision about WW?Regardless I love it. Its really flexible and that works for me.

Tina & Chellez--I put on 16 since the last challenge. You can stop screaming now...I lost my mind. I was off plan for like a month. I did lose 5 before the official weigh in and I think I will at least lose bw 1-3 ( I don't like to jinx myself) for week 1. I'm a huge emotional eater. I've been having a tough time with my brother being in Iraq and my trifling "father" trying to work his way back into my life.

Diva--Where you at?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #564  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey gals - what do you all think of this article? I think... I'm not that intense, but I can't decide whether these people are deranged, obsessed, or just really really fit!

I also want to share my WOO HOO moment of the day - DBF called me this afternoon to say he has been asked to come to a 2nd interview for a great job! He's pretty miserable at his current job, so fingers are crossed for this one to work out.

hsmomx2 - Guess the gym just wasn't meant to be for you this morning!

Melissa - I wish I knew why things get SO overplayed, it drives me nuts. I listen to the radio all day at work, and I don't need to hear the same song 5x in 6-8hours! Have fun with your kiddos tonight - how exciting!!

Tara - I totally understand how you feel about the exercise NSV and injury getting in the way. Sheeesh universe, cut us all a break!

Chelle - Creepy psychic powers! My "song" right now is "stay" by sugarland - it's so intense and raw and gives me shiiiiivers.

onthetee
- that's really interesting about the donuts! What did the kids think about it all?

Tina - I always forget how lovely a good bath can be... my favourite is a good bath followed by nice moisturizer and warm, clean sheets on the bed. Mmmmm.

Cristina - I'm careful, but that curb just jumped up and pulled me down! Or, I'm just a HUGE klutz. Take care of your back, I'm sorry it's still hurting.

Shay - Fresh start for this challenge! Try not to worry too much about the gain, especially since you seem to have recognized how/why it happened. Is there anything in particular you do to manage the stress of your brother being overseas and your father being your father? :hugs:

Last edited by practiceliving; 01-11-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #565  
Red Team Member

Shay I can only imagine the stress of having a loved one in the war...that would be really hard for me. Will your brother be coming home soon? As for you dad, well I can relate to you on that...mine has been in and out of my life my whole life, and it is very hard to deal with. Yesterday was the first time I can honestly remember enjoying talking to my dad on the phone. I don't know what it is going to take to heal our realtionship, but if it could be like it was yesterday I would totally give it a shot...I just felt so good when I got off the phone with him. I'm not sure what your situation is, but I hope you can find some peace with your dad or make peace with yourself about your dad...does that make sense? I feel for ya hun~
Old 01-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #566  
My Evolution

Practice & Tina--Thanx for the kind words. I write letters to my brother. That helps. He's been in the military 22 years and in that time he's been to every conflict, war, etc. He left in the middle of Dec so he won't be back for a bit.

Regarding my father....it was easier to ignore him in the past bc he has been in & out of prison most of my life. He's out now. Granted he is in a different state but he doesn't understand no and I'm not ready. I'm trying. At some point I may get there but he needs to stand back until I am ready. He says
I want to come see you and I'm thinking can't we start with a letter first or something? You can't start at the top first. I talk with my BF about my father a lot bc he has daddy issues too. He understands.

Most times I can deal with these issues but sometimes are tougher than others. I journal, I scrapbook, I read books, I watch movies, I read magazines, I watch reality shows, I get on 3FC, I talk on the phone, sometimes no matter what you do the thoughts are still there.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #567  
Red Team Member

I hear ya girl...I think starting with a letter or phone calls is whats good. It would just be uncomfortable for you, and that is the last thing you deserve! He will have to go by your terms, and if that isn't good for him then I guess he is out of luck. Sounds like you have a lot of things that keep you busy though and now we have the challenge starting up so that will hopefully help. I talk to my husband also, but it's hard to get across what I'm feeling. I don't know if it's hard for me to talk bad about my dad or what, but I get defensive sometimes...I don't know I'm a nut job It is probably good that you live in different states for now, no surprise visits that way! Hang tight girl~
Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #568  
My Evolution

Thanks again, Tina. I think now that I've taken the thread down a very difficult road for me I do want to say that I am never this open with anyone. So you 3FC ladies have found a way to open me up. I do appreciate that. I will keep you updated on my brother--and the new baby he has on the way that has yet to arrive--and my father.

Now on an even more positive note. I have two events coming up that I am really looking forward to and I want to definitely lose some weight for. The last weekend in June me and BF will be going to Atlanta with my parents and my younger brother and his family for a family reunion. I am looking forward to that. My step father's side of the family, with the exception of him and my younger brother, are all extremely heavy or obese. Even now I'm smaller than all the women and my mom and sister in law look anorexic compared to them--bc they have no weight issues. With all that being said I still want to lose a ton of weight before then because a million pictures will be taken. The other big event is me and BF will be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC the week after Labor Day. We wanted to miss the crowds. To top it off we get to stay for a week for $25 and that's it. My parents are VIP members in a timeshare. We will have a 2 bedroom with a balcony on the 9th floor. Its like an apt with dishes included. I'm so excited. Definitely need to lose weight for that too bc I will be scrapbooking the whole trip. I already have the scrapbook, paper, etc.

Whew...I've said too much. Gotta go pay some bills.

Last edited by Shay; 01-11-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #569  
Be the change

Hey girls! Just checking in with everyone. How are you all doing?

I finally got the Christmas decorations taken down, boxed up, and put away yesterday. I spent 4.5 hours on it. I should have spent some calories on that!

I walked 3 miles this morning, but I've been craving junk food all day. It must have been onthetee's homemade doughnuts. I think I could smell them all the way across the country. What a fun science project!

I don't have time to do personals, but I've read all the posts and I'm thinking about you ladies. I'm grateful I found such a supportive group. It makes a difference to know I have some friends to check it with. Thanks so much!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #570  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post

onthetee
- that's really interesting about the donuts! What did the kids think about it all?
These are geeky homeschool kids, so if they are in science club, they are pretty sciency (clearly not language club). We talked about how many baby carrots you could eat for 76 calories and things like that. They were digging it, and they got to eat doughnuts....

We also put Mentos in Diet Coke a few times, but we do that frequently just for fun....